Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Athletics

Read 26990 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Athletics
      Aug 23, 2015 01:20:32 pm
      Tried to find a thread so if there is one feel free to move mods
      Just watched Ennis hill win for GB looked at her and thought is there a better role model for any kids going into sport in britain today , ithink her and Mo are the epitome of true greatness in sport and as brits we should be so proud of them .
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2015 09:40:28 pm by JD »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: athletics
      Reply #1: Aug 23, 2015 01:29:00 pm
      Tried to find a thread so if there is one feel free to move mods
      Just watched Ennis hill win for GB looked at her and thought is there a better role model for any kids going into sport in britain today , ithink her and Mo are the epitome of true greatness in sport and as brits we should be so proud of them .

Agreed, although gotta feel sorry for the scouser KJT, after recovering from injury and a hellish high jump to muck up like that in her best event (did 3 foul long jumps, the final one by absolute millimeters), poor girl was in tears after her stroll around the 800m.

I think she'll go on to break the world record as long as she gets an injury free period, precocious talent.

Congrats to Ennis-Hill though, fantastic performance, true professional and absolutely love Mo.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #2: Aug 23, 2015 01:37:40 pm
      Agree with that Luke KJT Has time on her side and hopefully she will get a medal in the long jump , hope they're both fit for Rio will be a great competition with them two on top of their game .
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #3: Aug 23, 2015 01:49:24 pm
      Honestly think Ennis-Hill getting gold is right up there with the best British sporting achievements in recent time. Hardly competed since 2012, gave birth 13 months ago, didn't train until November and wasn't even sure she'd compete in Beijing until a month ago. Absolutely incredible.

KJT's chance will come in the future, the occasion just got to her. She'll be better for it at Rio.

Such a shame we have to watch Justin F***ing Gatlin get gold in the 100m shortly, that tw*t shouldn't be anywhere near the sport.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #4: Aug 23, 2015 02:20:55 pm
      BOLT!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #5: Aug 23, 2015 02:22:02 pm

Fantastic.

Had to switch from the F1 for a second just to see this.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #6: Aug 23, 2015 02:52:37 pm
      Great to see a true champion in Bolt shine through  true greatness .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Re: Athletics
      Reply #7: Aug 26, 2015 10:12:32 am
      Nice gold for Greg joins an elite list of british athletes  World / Olympic/ European/ Commonwealth  champion take a bow son , nice to see Bolt cruising in the 200  bring it home son , wish I could spell her name but predictor dont even work for this but our other big championship performer in the womens  flat  400 going along quite nicely cmon girl bring another home .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #8: Aug 27, 2015 01:07:11 pm
      Been following this quote closely and been impressed! Also a keen reminder of what a great stadium the Birds Nest is and what a great Olympics Beijing held that year!) Bolt going in the 200m final in about an hour I think.

And aren't we blessed to live in an era of great British athletes. How brilliant has it been to see Mo, Jess Ennis Hill and Greg Rutherford.

Shout out to Christine Ohorogou who goes in the 400m final later on as well. BBC reminding us that she's going for her third world title. What a great runner.

And great hope for the future and present as well. 19 year old Dina Asher Smith just beat Veronica Campbell Brown in her 200m semi final!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: Aug 27, 2015 01:31:59 pm
      Been following this quote closely and been impressed! Also a keen reminder of what a great stadium the Birds Nest is and what a great Olympics Beijing held that year!) Bolt going in the 200m final in about an hour I think.

And aren't we blessed to live in an era of great British athletes. How brilliant has it been to see Mo, Jess Ennis Hill and Greg Rutherford.

Shout out to Christine Ohorogou who goes in the 400m final later on as well. BBC reminding us that she's going for her third world title. What a great runner.

And great hope for the future and present as well. 19 year old Dina Asher Smith just beat Veronica Campbell Brown in her 200m semi final!

I've been watching athletics since the late days of Colin Jackson and Jonathan Edwards. I've never been more excited about a group of athletes going into every major competition than with this one. There are men and women competing in a wide range of events where we once rarely ever featured and they're keeping up with the best in the world which is even better to see.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #10: Aug 27, 2015 04:14:04 pm
      I bet I could beat Usain Bolt in a race to a buffet
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11: Aug 27, 2015 05:40:57 pm
      I've been watching athletics since the late days of Colin Jackson and Jonathan Edwards. I've never been more excited about a group of athletes going into every major competition than with this one. There are men and women competing in a wide range of events where we once rarely ever featured and they're keeping up with the best in the world which is even better to see.

Brilliant isn't it! And just one year out from the Rio Olympics, there's much to look forward to.

Got to say - we live in an age of great British sporting talent. Farah, Ennis Hill, Rutherford, Andy Murray, Bradley Wiggins, Chris Froome, Lewis Hamilton...the list is endless.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12: Aug 27, 2015 05:52:43 pm
      Brilliant isn't it! And just one year out from the Rio Olympics, there's much to look forward to.

Got to say - we live in an age of great British sporting talent. Farah, Ennis Hill, Rutherford, Andy Murray, Bradley Wiggins, Chris Froome, Lewis Hamilton...the list is endless.

It's a shame that we didn't get to see Lawrence Okoye develop into a top athlete, instead he opted to go try out for the 49ers. KJT is going to be a threat for medals in the near future too, she was so unfortunate in the long jump part of the heptathlon.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #13: Aug 27, 2015 06:56:21 pm
      It's a shame that we didn't get to see Lawrence Okoye develop into a top athlete, instead he opted to go try out for the 49ers. KJT is going to be a threat for medals in the near future too, she was so unfortunate in the long jump part of the heptathlon.

Absolutely. And she's a die hard Liverpool fan!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #14: Aug 27, 2015 07:20:27 pm
      Only now had chance to catch the 200  this  really  is a once in a lifetime athlete the grestest sprinter ever produced , he's fun  intelligent  and someone for kids to look upto and admire , plays to the crowd gives back to the crowd a living legend on the track .
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Aug 28, 2015 02:03:38 pm
      Asher-Smith sets a new British record in the 200m and finished 5th in the final so well done to her. Porter looks to be getting a silver in the women's long jump too whilst also setting a new British record.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Aug 28, 2015 02:10:27 pm
      I've never seen somebody so happy to come 5th in a race as Asher-Smith, it's as though she's just won the gold. She's a breathe of fresh air! Things like British records are finally put into perspective and celebrated for being the achievement that it is.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #17: Aug 28, 2015 02:12:02 pm
      Asher-Smith sets a new British record in the 200m and finished 5th in the final so well done to her. Porter looks to be getting a silver in the women's long jump too whilst also setting a new British record.

Great effort from both, can't do much more than break the national record!

Asher-Smith has a really bright future although she's got a formidable opponent in Dafne Schippers. I remember reading somewhere that she moved solely to sprinting from the heptathlon only a few months ago and now she's come away with one gold and one silver.
      Bier
      Reply #18: Aug 28, 2015 02:17:22 pm
      Dafne Schippers , first ever female Dutch world champion in athletics! She's a beast, still just 23 years old.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #19: Aug 29, 2015 12:45:56 pm
      Mo Farah has done it again!!! 5000m gold and 5 world titles!

It's one of the great sights in sport seeing how Mo Farah controls a race like that and then absolutely kills it on the last straight.

This guy is Britain's greatest sportsman today. Make no doubt about it. What a hero.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20: Aug 29, 2015 12:48:37 pm
      Fantastic run Mo, another world title, another gold medal.

Great stuff.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #21: Aug 29, 2015 12:57:30 pm
      Amazing stuff from Mo!

That's double golds in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Incredible.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #22: Aug 30, 2015 05:02:18 pm
      Its quite refreshing to see a british sportsman  stay at the top for longer than five mins well in man keep smiling .
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #23: Aug 31, 2015 11:51:23 am
      Great effort from both, can't do much more than break the national record!

Asher-Smith has a really bright future although she's got a formidable opponent in Dafne Schippers. I remember reading somewhere that she moved solely to sprinting from the heptathlon only a few months ago and now she's come away with one gold and one silver.

Schippers has always been better at sprinting than the whole heptathlon event so it made sense for her to switch to the one event and focus all her time onto it. It obviously worked as I don't think she would have won a medal in the heptathlon.

This guy is Britain's greatest sportsman today. Make no doubt about it. What a hero.

Don't tell the likes of Shearer, Lineker and the United fan base that, they'll swear it's Rooney :D

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24: Nov 09, 2015 02:11:06 pm
      wel well well it appears our Russian frienda are about to be kicked out of international athletics for doping and fraud. Seems they still think this is the 1980's.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #25: Nov 09, 2015 02:34:23 pm
      wel well well it appears our Russian frienda are about to be kicked out of international athletics for doping and fraud. Seems they still think this is the 1980's.

Seb Coe's got his work cut out.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #26: Nov 09, 2015 04:13:36 pm

he doesnt want them band so he can F**k off for a start.1400 drug samples lost. The World Cup computers with all the bungs on them lost why do we put up with this sh*t from Russia. Individuals will always cheat but when the state sponsors it they should be banned from every sport on the globe
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #27: Aug 01, 2017 11:18:37 pm
      Just finished watching I Am Bolt on the iplayer.

True great and one of my favourite sportsmen ever.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #28: Aug 02, 2017 02:59:59 am
      Just finished watching I Am Bolt on the iplayer.

True great and one of my favourite sportsmen ever.

Might give that a watch, seen probably the last half hour of that when it was on BBC 1 and enjoyed that so will definitely have to watch the programme in full.

Definitely goes up there as one of the greatest sprinters of all time.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #29: Aug 02, 2017 12:04:02 pm
      Might give that a watch, seen probably the last half hour of that when it was on BBC 1 and enjoyed that so will definitely have to watch the programme in full.

Definitely goes up there as one of the greatest sprinters of all time.

It was really good.

You could tell as the programme went on the underlying tension with the likes of Gatlin and other sprinters who failed drugs tests.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #30: Aug 04, 2017 09:56:14 pm
      Brilliant 10k metres final with Mo Farah showing why he is the best.

Day one of the World Champs and we've had a great race already.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #31: Aug 04, 2017 10:02:37 pm

Fantastic race and Mo really had his work cut out there.

Great start the tie Championships.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32: Aug 04, 2017 10:22:44 pm

Mo said he wasn't as fit as he has been in the past, but class came through as I expected. Absolutely superstar.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #33: Aug 04, 2017 10:47:22 pm
      Mo said he wasn't as fit as he has been in the past, but class came through as I expected. Absolutely superstar.

He is.

Have to rush home from work tomorrow evening to catch the 100M final.

Forgot I was working to 8.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #34: Aug 04, 2017 10:54:02 pm
      He is.

Have to rush home from work tomorrow evening to catch the 100M final.

Forgot I was working to 8.

Bolt looked extremely comfortable in the qualifier, hard to see past him imo.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #35: Aug 04, 2017 10:58:38 pm
      Bolt looked extremely comfortable in the qualifier, hard to see past him imo.

I don't think he looked as comfortable as normal mate but expect him to step it up in the semis.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #36: Aug 04, 2017 11:02:06 pm
      I don't think he looked as comfortable as normal mate but expect him to step it up in the semis.

Really? Surprised by that mate, I thought he got a pretty slow start and cruised through. I suppose it's subjective though and I might have been 'expecting' him to look comfortable so saw that.

We'll see though 4/11 if you fancy 'buying money', not for me that. A friend of mine goes nuts with his athletics betting but there always seems someone at longs odds on (like 1/20) letting him down on his big accumulators. Apparently this year there's more short priced favourites than he's ever witnessed.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #37: Aug 05, 2017 11:22:50 pm
      Awful day for the sport with Gatlin getting gold tonight.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38: Aug 05, 2017 11:34:40 pm

The c**t has no shame
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #39: Aug 05, 2017 11:57:42 pm

The boos that rang out around the stadium when the crowd realised who had won couldn't have been worse if they'd walked a paedophile out to gallows in the middle of the field.

It's a grim result. I mean, is there ANYONE out there who wanted him to win?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #40: Aug 06, 2017 12:42:39 pm
      The boos that rang out around the stadium when the crowd realised who had won couldn't have been worse if they'd walked a paedophile out to gallows in the middle of the field.

Sad isn't it, I don't know if he's drugged up now, but if he's not at this is what he's earned through his own efforts really he should get the plaudits but his past has meant that is impossible and really does throw shame on himself and the sport.

The worst possible result is the right description, looks like Si was right about Bolt and I was wrong though so fair play to him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #41: Aug 06, 2017 12:52:50 pm
      Sad isn't it, I don't know if he's drugged up now, but if he's not at this is what he's earned through his own efforts really he should get the plaudits but his past has meant that is impossible and really does throw shame on himself and the sport.

The worst possible result is the right description, looks like Si was right about Bolt and I was wrong though so fair play to him.

I just didn't think he looked quite right.

After the heat I said to my missus that he might struggle to win the final but I thought Christian Coleman would be the biggest threat.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #42: Aug 08, 2017 10:38:29 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #43: Aug 09, 2017 06:56:49 am

Class act although the race itself didn't have much about it.

Enjoyed the polefault final as well last night.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #44: Aug 09, 2017 02:03:17 pm
      Is this article fair? No smoke without fire? Or are people just looking for it - Gatlin fans desperate 'everyone's done it' claim, Bolt the inevitable victim of a sport riddled with doping scandal and innuendo?

https://medium.com/@tomnew/usain-bolt-lance-armstrong-and-the-duck-test-303b7b891e7e

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #45: Aug 09, 2017 02:23:44 pm

The sad part is that it overshadowed Coleman's performance.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #46: Aug 09, 2017 02:31:06 pm
      Is this article fair? No smoke without fire? Or are people just looking for it - Gatlin fans desperate 'everyone's done it' claim, Bolt the inevitable victim of a sport riddled with doping scandal and innuendo?

https://medium.com/@tomnew/usain-bolt-lance-armstrong-and-the-duck-test-303b7b891e7e

I think all of the above (although I'd wager Gatlin doesn't have many "fans" past his family).

I've honestly never considered that Bolt was cheating...just always assumed that he was an amazingly gifted athlete. I did however wonder how Lance Armstrong was able to win an event like the TDF year after year with so many variables at play each year.

Could Bolt have been juicing....absolutely... what he was able to do was almost unrealistic and he supposedly did it while not being very focused on training or diet, and I wasn't aware of just how many Jamaicans have been caught cheating. To be close to the Americans is some feat considering how many athletes we have participating in any event.

Bolt was fun though and other than being a Manc fan, he seems like a good enough dude. So until there's some sort of evidence that he cheated....I'll enjoy the fact that I got to see him run.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #47: Aug 09, 2017 02:47:58 pm
      I think all of the above (although I'd wager Gatlin doesn't have many "fans" past his family).

I've honestly never considered that Bolt was cheating...just always assumed that he was an amazingly gifted athlete. I did however wonder how Lance Armstrong was able to win an event like the TDF year after year with so many variables at play each year.

Could Bolt have been juicing....absolutely... what he was able to do was almost unrealistic and he supposedly did it while not being very focused on training or diet, and I wasn't aware of just how many Jamaicans have been caught cheating. To be close to the Americans is some feat considering how many athletes we have participating in any event.

Bolt was fun though and other than being a Manc fan, he seems like a good enough dude. So until there's some sort of evidence that he cheated....I'll enjoy the fact that I got to see him run.

The majority of the implications are very much 'guilt by association' with particular focus on the less than ethical standards Jamaican athletics has applied itself to although narrowing it down to a focus on Bolt it's hard not to be intrigued by the remarkable performance increases by Bolt between 2007 and 2008. It would be devastating to athletics if it were somehow proved that Bolt had doped in the past, probably impacting the sport a hundred times greater than the Armstrong scandal. But I suppose that is the reality of athletics in that, like road cycling, you can never place that much faith in the winners and you always have to leave a bit of skepticism because of the all too familiar association with doping. Whether it's Chris Froome in road cycling or Bolt in athletics people are naturally always going to hold suspicion.
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2017 06:55:49 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #48: Aug 09, 2017 02:53:53 pm
      The majority of the implications are very much 'guilt by association' with particular focus on the less than ethical standards Jamaican athletics has applied itself to although narrowing it down to a focus on Bolt it's hard not to be intrigued by the remarkable performance increases by Bolt between 2007 and 2008. It would be devastating to athletics if it were somehow proved that Bolt had doped in the past, probably impacting the sport a hundred times greater than the Armstrong scandal. But I suppose that is the reality of athletics in that, like road cycling, you can never place that much faith in the winners and you always have to leave a bit of skepticism because of the all too familiar association with doping. No one, whether it's Chris Froome in road cycling or Bolt in athletics people are naturally always going to hold suspicion.

Yep, that's why there's not really many athletes I "hero worship" anymore.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #49: Aug 09, 2017 06:12:53 pm

I have to admit the thought about Bolt and doping has crossed my mind briefly at times but I always put it out of my head pretty quickly and like to think he's a kind of beacon of hope for Athletics and a naturally gifted athlete.

Like FL says until proven otherwise that's how I go.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #50: Aug 09, 2017 09:59:55 pm
      Another great evening of Athletics finished off by a cracking win by Warholm in the 400 hurdles and a shock win by Phyllis Francis in the 400.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #51: Aug 10, 2017 12:45:13 pm
      Another great evening of Athletics finished off by a cracking win by Warholm in the 400 hurdles and a shock win by Phyllis Francis in the 400.

Yeah I'm stunned and very happy that a Norwegian has won a track medal, its been a very long time since that happened last, he won it fairly easily as well.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #52: Aug 10, 2017 06:04:11 pm
      Yeah I'm stunned and very happy that a Norwegian has won a track medal, its been a very long time since that happened last, he won it fairly easily as well.

I had a feeling he might win it mate and was telling my missus about him.

We were both screaming him on during the home straight.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #53: Aug 12, 2017 10:03:42 pm
      Bolt injured and GB take 4 x 100 gold. Unbelievable.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #54: Aug 12, 2017 10:05:21 pm

Wonderful race and fully deserved win by our men  :gt-happyup:
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #55: Aug 12, 2017 10:11:00 pm

Hurray, well run GB.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #56: Aug 12, 2017 10:18:41 pm

What a run from our lads.

Great from the girls as well just before for the silver.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #57: Aug 12, 2017 10:22:11 pm
      What a run from our lads.

Great from the girls as well just before for the silver.

Was incredible, Gemili ran an absolutely ridiculous leg especially. About time we had something to cheer after all those 4th places.

Amazing from the girls too like you said but I thought they'd faulted by straying into another lane - looks like we've got away with it though!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #58: Aug 12, 2017 11:58:37 pm
      Wow - what an effort! Reminds me of the time Britain came away with the gold in Athens in 2004 with Darren Campbell and co. Unexpected!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #59: Jul 18, 2022 10:47:15 am
      Shelly Ann Pryce what a sprinting phenomenon.

Probably the GOAT female sprinter.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #60: Jul 20, 2022 10:09:21 am
      Shelly Ann Pryce what a sprinting phenomenon.

Probably the GOAT female sprinter.

She as good as Florence Griffith Joyner?

As that would be the greatest female sprinter I've seen.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #61: Jul 20, 2022 01:14:29 pm
      She as good as Florence Griffith Joyner?

As that would be the greatest female sprinter I've seen.

You think Flo Jo was clean?

I’m not convinced probably why she dropped dead.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #62: Jul 20, 2022 01:36:22 pm

Is any athlete really clean?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #63: Jul 20, 2022 06:50:06 pm
      Whitman upsetting Ingebrigtsen in the 1500, that's an amazing achievement. Good for him. Great race as well.

It's a shame Shelly Pryce has to run against someone that was banned from the 400m for too high of testosterone levels. It was going to be a great final between her and Abby Steiner. It's kind of overshadowed now.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #64: Jul 20, 2022 07:02:46 pm

She died in her sleep  through suffocating, due to an epileptic fit , a very good friend of mine suffered the same fate and hadn’t touched a steroid in his life , not saying she hadn’t , but that’s not what caused her untimely demise .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #65: Jul 20, 2022 07:05:33 pm

Going off the list of substances actually banned you would have to think not , whether taking steroids or not you still have to put in an immense amount of work and sacrifice to get to the very top .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #66: Jul 20, 2022 07:29:12 pm
      She died in her sleep  through suffocating, due to an epileptic fit , a very good friend of mine suffered the same fate and hadn’t touched a steroid in his life , not saying she hadn’t , but that’s not what caused her untimely demise .

She did indeed but still rather suspicious that she retired straight after mandatory testing was brought in.
      Her improvement in such a short time along with claims from someone who said he supplied her with anabolic steroids left a lot of unanswered questions.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #67: Jul 20, 2022 07:50:49 pm
      She did indeed but still rather suspicious that she retired straight after mandatory testing was brought in.
      Her improvement in such a short time along with claims from someone who said he supplied her with anabolic steroids left a lot of unanswered questions.

Well considering she was the most tested athlete that year , went through every test in place , never missed a test and passed them all , her record is good for me until proved otherwise , just because someone can’t beat your time dosent automatically make you a cheat , she got tested tested and tested again and came through them all , I’m sure in this day and age they would have dug some dirt if it was there , the same guy who supposedly saw her on the gear also said he saw Carl Lewis on it , obviously Ben Johnson had better sh*t , or Carl didn’t do it  never been a smear against him ,
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #68: Jul 20, 2022 09:18:42 pm
      Well considering she was the most tested athlete that year , went through every test in place , never missed a test and passed them all , her record is good for me until proved otherwise , just because someone can’t beat your time dosent automatically make you a cheat , she got tested tested and tested again and came through them all , I’m sure in this day and age they would have dug some dirt if it was there , the same guy who supposedly saw her on the gear also said he saw Carl Lewis on it , obviously Ben Johnson had better sh*t , or Carl didn’t do it  never been a smear against him ,

Everybody to themselves mate but nobody improves their 100m + 200m times in 6 months by over O.5s

BTW the East German and Russian athletes used to get tested  as well 🤣
      Pretty easy to mask in those days.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #69: Jul 20, 2022 10:05:37 pm

BTW the East German and Russian athletes used to get tested  as well 🤣
      Pretty easy to mask in those days.

Ben Jhonson thought that , everyone is aware of how corrupt the Russian and East German federations were , she may have done it she may not , nobody thought Johnson’s steroid induced time would be broke , then up pops Bolt an athletics phenomenon, and blows it all away , I mean eventually when her time gets beat will we assume the person is jacking , be nice to know if they kept any of her samples .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #70: Aug 20, 2023 05:25:25 pm
      KJT winning gold having come close to quitting due to massive injury problems , big congratulations to the Liverpool lass done yourself and your family proud .
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #71: Aug 20, 2023 10:54:03 pm
      KJT winning gold having come close to quitting due to massive injury problems , big congratulations to the Liverpool lass done yourself and your family proud .

She was awesome and massive congratulations to her, she's done herself proud for sure.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #72: Aug 21, 2023 11:15:23 am
      Whilst the losing England women's football team dominated the news KJT won her second world championship and hardly got a mention.
      She has to keep fit now and be ready for the Olympics in Paris. Delighted for her she has some guts and just keeps coming back and getting better.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #73: Aug 23, 2023 08:26:45 pm
      What a run from Josh Kerr!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #74: Aug 23, 2023 08:51:47 pm

Brilliant love it when a cocky git like Ingebrigtsen gets his ass kicked.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #75: Aug 23, 2023 09:10:42 pm

Two consecutive champions from the same club , although fair to say Josh done most of his training in the US . Top class championship racing that tactics spot on .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #76: Aug 23, 2023 09:23:01 pm
      Great run from Kerr.

Karston Warholm getting the gold back with another fantastic performance. One of my favourite athletes over the last few years.

Quick Reply