Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Tennis

Read 176406 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,965 posts | 2707 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Tennis
      Reply #2116: Sep 12, 2023 08:53:39 am
      Well yes, other player(s) may come over the next few years but who knows. I see Alcaraz as being above the rest of the current field the way Novak, Roger and Rafa were ahead of theirs, but Carlos doesn't have 2 other elite (generational?) players to battle it out with.

As much as i like players like Rune, Ruud, Sinner, etc i don't think they have the ceiling that Carlos has. Medvedev did beat Alcaraz in the semi's so he could be a thorn on his side.

Maybe saying "i expect" was a bit much, but i wouldn't be surprised if Carlos does beat Novak's record someday given the gap between he and the rest.

The fact that Djokovic has done it in the era of  Rafa, Federer makes it all the more harder. Granted based on what we’ve seen now Alcaraz may have it easier. If that’s the case then yeah could possibly catch him. However! Longevity another thing, will Alcaraz have that and not get injured? So many ifs and buts but exciting at the same time.

Quick Reply