Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Pre Match: Liverpool v West Ham Sat 29th August 3pm KO

Read 12122 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v West Ham Sat 29th August 3pm KO
      Reply #92: Aug 29, 2015 11:32:13 am
      Who gives a f**k what Balo said about BR?

Balotelli holds no weight at this club anymore his opinion is null and void the moment he speaks.

Let's put aside the hatred towards Balo, your post appears to carry much of it. I agreed he could do a lot better when he was here whereas we can't start treating BR like a god whereby what Balotelli said has got some valid points as far as i'm concern. Let's just say we have different evaluations of Balotelli and BR.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #93: Aug 29, 2015 11:33:53 am
       :mad: :mad: :mad:

Posties been, no modem, no footie!!!!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #94: Aug 29, 2015 11:35:46 am
      To use Moreno as a DM is frankly, well laughable really,he can't hold down his own position nevermind doing a other perhaps more demanding role,

As with other players he has to knuckle down and do what he's being doing and keep up his efforts. In all honesty he has stepped up from last season so perhaps having healthy competition with Gomez is the way to go,

We have the Euros on the immediate horizon so it might not be a bad idea  to use him in those matches and rest young Gomez, we cannot expect Gomez to go through the entire season without either picking up a injury or burning him out which could effect his long term health,

Squad rotation works, it's why we have a stronger group of players.

YNWA

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #95: Aug 29, 2015 11:37:44 am
      Probably for a lot of the same reasons Coentrao never made a good transition from LB to DM.

But there's still as much chance Moreno would succeed where Coentrao failed. I;d think, we wouldn't know until we have tried that out.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #96: Aug 29, 2015 11:38:59 am
      A DM and a LB are different monsters.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,795 posts | 2447 
      Reply #97: Aug 29, 2015 11:49:31 am
      Let's put aside the hatred towards Balo, your post appears to carry much of it. I agreed he could do a lot better when he was here whereas we can't start treating BR like a god whereby what Balotelli said has got some valid points as far as i'm concern. Let's just say we have different evaluations of Balotelli and BR.

I never said I hated Balotelli. I don't rate him as a footballer that's all.

I also never treat BR like a god, in fact I was massively critical of him last season to the point I strongly suggested replacing him with Klopp.

I'm not sure why you are implying my post was in defense of BR. It wasn't. The fact is Balotelli did sweet f**k all in a Liverpool shirt and now he's barely out the door and already running his mouth making excuses. How about he just shuts the f**k up for a change, knuckles down in training and does his talking on the pitch.

Anyway im bored of talking about Balotelli he doesn't warrant so much attention so I'd rather not post about him again.
      « Last Edit: Aug 29, 2015 12:05:03 pm by bazspeedman »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #98: Aug 29, 2015 12:27:59 pm
      I think this will be a tricky game. West Ham will come looking to hit us on the break and we will have to force the game if we are to win. I think our lack of firepower will ensure that it is a closer game than we would otherwise expect. Going for a close 2-1 but think we may have to show some patience to ensure we don't slip up.

Personally I would prefer to go into these type of games with two strikers, but I doubt that Brendan will... at least not until the last 20 mins or so.

If we do win, 10 points will be our highest ever prem total after 4 games.     
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #99: Aug 29, 2015 12:45:18 pm
      don't care what team he picks, don't care what tactics he uses and don't care at this point about perfromance just win the game nothing else matters.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #100: Aug 29, 2015 12:47:16 pm
      Can't see anything other than a Reds victory, I'm not so sure Bilic has the same park the bus philosophy employed fat Sam had, not saying it won't happen just think Bilic would rather be more positive,

Whatever or however they play we should still get the better of them, I'd be inclined to the usual suspects holding the back line with a Lucas, Can, Milner midfield three, and a front line of Firmino, Coutinho, and of course the beast that is Benteke,

Get ourselves 2-3 up then introduce Ings around the hour and see if we can bag one or two more, a further clean sheet would be fantastic and bolster our already great start,

The downside being this damn pointless international break, I f***in hate it, F**k engerlund, hodgeson, face rubbing bellend, !

Anyhoo, mighty reds to win by three,

3-0, Benteke, Coutinho, Ings

YNWA
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #101: Aug 29, 2015 01:02:51 pm
      I think this will be a tricky game. West Ham will come looking to hit us on the break and we will have to force the game if we are to win. I think our lack of firepower will ensure that it is a closer game than we would otherwise expect. Going for a close 2-1 but think we may have to show some patience to ensure we don't slip up.

Personally I would prefer to go into these type of games with two strikers, but I doubt that Brendan will... at least not until the last 20 mins or so.

If we do win, 10 points will be our highest ever prem total after 4 games.   

I agree. If any early momentum is built up and we haven't scored by 20 mins, I expect it to be tight.

See their manager has said, he may have to park a triple decker today at Anfield. Mind games or not, if he does that we may find it as tight as you say.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #102: Aug 29, 2015 01:13:58 pm
      West Ham are missing a fair few of their key players. I can't see past a Liverpool victory today. I'm going to go for 2-0.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #103: Aug 29, 2015 01:15:43 pm
      we havent had one of those real drubbings at Anfield for a while a nice 5-0 or a 6-1 would be nice
      but I think we will get beat 3=0.
      « Last Edit: Aug 29, 2015 05:50:07 pm by waltonl4 »

Quick Reply