Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      10 (6.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.6%)
      Joe Gomez
      53 (33.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      30 (19%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      8 (5.1%)
      Emre Can
      4 (2.5%)
      James Milner
      12 (7.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      30 (19%)
      Christian Benteke
      8 (5.1%)
      Jordan Rossiter
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Voting closed: Aug 28, 2015 09:54:59 pm

Arsenal 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 46664 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Re: Arsenal 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #759: Aug 25, 2015 08:35:48 pm
      Oh you mean bigger financially then you daft c**t.

City and Arsenal will never be a truly world renowned team until they've won at least one European Cup.

FACT!!

Is that my point though?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #760: Aug 25, 2015 08:38:58 pm
      http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/perception

Blind loyalty aside. Perception is an important factor.

Whether you'd like to admit it or not 2 of our best players were willing to leave us to city and arsenal in the last 2 seasons. This is reality folks

even if we have to tighten our purse strings and or buy 'younger' players. its not a good look that with skrtel, lucas and coutinho on the pitch milner just walks in and gets the armband imo.

Slight miscalculation, Suarez did not move to Arsenal two/three years agao, he stayed, then moved to Barca, the club he's been wanting to play for since he came to Europe.

We sold Sterling to City for a very over-valuated price and bought a better striker.

I think you would refer to that last bit as a bit of decent business, no?
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #761: Aug 25, 2015 08:39:38 pm
      The universe in which Sterling and Suarez were willing to leave us for city and arsenal(barring being convinced to stay 1 more year) aka the real world.

If they have more money that doesn't mean they are bigger club. They are not even close to us. Can't buy history, class. They would have to win every trophy in next 10 years just to come close .

Lets not mix personal stats that can player have in current time at clubs whit clubs history.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #762: Aug 25, 2015 08:39:43 pm

What is your F***ing point?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #763: Aug 25, 2015 08:40:51 pm

If you can't understand, i feel bad for you.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #764: Aug 25, 2015 08:42:43 pm
      Slight miscalculation, Suarez did not move to Arsenal two/three years agao, he stayed, then moved to Barca, the club he's been wanting to play for since he came to Europe.

i clearly said he was WILLING to leave. why was he willing to leave? The perception was that Arsenal were more ambitious.

This isnt a debate about 'who's a bigger club'. So don't bother waste your time.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #765: Aug 25, 2015 08:49:19 pm
      The universe in which Sterling and Suarez were willing to leave us for city and arsenal(barring being convinced to stay 1 more year) aka the real world.

Sterling is over rated and left us because he is an arrogant child who had no appreciation for the club that made him. Unlike Coutinho who loves the club and supporters. Suarez left us for Barca, the best team on the planet, for massive money. That was inevitable.

So I don't get your point at all. Calling City a bigger club than us just because they built a team on over a billion quid of oil money over the last five years doesn't make them a bigger club.

Call yourself a Liverpool FC supporter? Hang your head in shame fella.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #766: Aug 25, 2015 08:57:27 pm
      Calling City a bigger club than us just because they built a team on over a billion quid of oil money over the last five years doesn't make them a bigger club.

what I actually said was, a player who couldn't get a regular role in their team coming in, and getting the vice captains armband instantly, when we already have excellent players who have been with us for 10 plus years creates that perception. And it's evident by our best young and star players willing to leave us for clubs with perceived greater ambition.

this isn't a debate about who's bigger, who has more money and who has more history, so u can your breath.

& In case u haven't noticed this is a discussion forum where people discuss topics and ideas. telling people to 'shut up' and calling them 'daft c*nt' is peak childishness. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #767: Aug 25, 2015 09:07:07 pm
      what I actually said was, a player who couldn't get a regular role in their team coming in, and getting the vice captains armband instantly, when we already have excellent players who have been with us for 10 plus years creates that perception. And it's evident by our best young and star players willing to leave us for clubs with perceived greater ambition.

this isn't a debate about who's bigger, who has more money and who has more history, so u can your breath.

& In case u haven't noticed this is a discussion forum where people discuss topics and ideas. telling people to 'shut up' and calling them 'daft c*nt' is peak childishness. 

Perceived greater ambition? You do realise we almost won the league two seasons ago? You make out like we have players handing in transfer requests every other week!

Also what player at the club has been with us "10 plus years"?

Enlighten me please.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #768: Aug 25, 2015 09:08:51 pm

So if we had a top class worldie of a player as captain, like say.. Gerrard.., we would not have lost players to the richer/successful (modern era) clubs??

Go listen to some of the players opinions on Milner and consider the fact the people who put him in as VC know what they're doing.

Hes a fantastic choice. He already leads on the pitch with or without Hendo, so why not have the vice captaincy.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #769: Aug 25, 2015 09:33:39 pm
      Christ have mercy, why is there so much debate over Milner wearing the armband? He's got loads of experience, he's a winner, and, oh yeah, he's a LEADER, the same of which cannot be said of a sizable chunk of the rest of the team. Skrtel especially.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #770: Aug 25, 2015 09:34:54 pm

So I don't get your point at all. Calling City a bigger club than us just because they built a team on over a billion quid of oil money over the last five years doesn't make them a bigger club.

Is that not what nearly everyone here and who supports Liverpool want?... Some rich Arab who will spend Billions on the club and players?.......
      So why do you go on about City and Chelsea buy there success? .... :roll:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #771: Aug 25, 2015 09:38:43 pm
      Christ have mercy, why is there so much debate over Milner wearing the armband? He's got loads of experience, he's a winner, and, oh yeah, he's a LEADER, the same of which cannot be said of a sizable chunk of the rest of the team. Skrtel especially.

Ironic isn't it.

On one hand you have people moaning that Rodgers has never won anything as a manager and therefore shouldn't be managing of our club.

On the other, you have a player who has racked up league titles, experience and everything else - but shouldn't be the captain.

This sh*te some people spew is amazing!
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #772: Aug 25, 2015 09:41:24 pm
      I know henderson is our captain. talk about stating the obvious.

I know a few things about football.

I know Milner wasn't a regular for city and came to us because he had a better chance of getting first team football.

I know when City came knocking for sterling it was a 'no brainer' for him because the perception is that they are a far bigger club, looking to do BIG THINGS.

I know if I was a younger player like Gomez or Coutinho, seeing a guy would couldn't get into the city team come right in and be vice captain as a sign of where we are as a club.

There is more than one way to be a leader. Shouting and directing is one way. Some players lead silently, some lead by example. British think 'passion' and 'hard tackles' as a sign of leadership.

Milner could still do what he does and contribute without the captain's armband.

You can't tell me Coutinho doesn't lead in the way that he plays.

'experience' and 'winning' things clearly hasn't been a factor for our last 2 captains. Gerrard was young when he was named captain. What has hendo won?

I'm not denying Milner is a fine, experienced, hard-working midfielder.

I'm saying buying a city cast off and making him captain/vice captain is Spurs & Villa territory. If we want to compete with the top 4 and keep our top young players it's not a good look. Perception wise. If you can't see that then that's fine. But it's bleeding obvious.

There's so much wrong with this that I will be here for all eternity trying to rebut this. The fact you think City are ahead of us because they have more ambition than us as opposed to just having more money is so infuriatingly stupid that this post is not worth the time nor the effort. Screw your head on mate for fucks sake.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #773: Aug 25, 2015 09:41:35 pm

I must have missed all the moaning about that, lucky me I guess.

He was appointed vice captain, what did people expect to happen when the captain wasn't on the pitch.

For me he was a candidate for captain of the club, now there's a separate issue as to why he was a viable candidate for captaincy but once the decision had been made to make him vice captain then him grabbing the armband last night should have come as no surprise nor shock to anyone.

To add to that he had a fine game, usual reliable self, he's just genuinely consistently good. Nothing spectacular but 7-8 every time and you absolutely need those types of players in your team. If we had 8 of them and then 3 worldies we'd probably win the league.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #774: Aug 25, 2015 09:45:53 pm
      You know how Jordan Rossiter will go far? He tucks his shirt in - smart players do that, the first player to do that in a generation!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #775: Aug 25, 2015 09:50:20 pm
      You know how Jordan Rossiter will go far? He tucks his shirt in - smart players do that, the first player to do that in a generation!

Seeing as though he looks like he's 15 he probably dare not have his shirt hanging out in case Rodgers tells his mum   ;D
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #776: Aug 25, 2015 10:12:23 pm
      our ultimate captain would be a home grown lad with LFC in his DNA....

That, at the moment could one of be two lads in the entire first team squad.. Rossiter and Flanagan...

We've had "non scouse" captains many times before.. Big Sammy, Souness, Ronnie Whelan,Yeats, Mark Wright, all worthy of the armband for me.

Captains motivate their team mates on the pitch and defend the badge at all costs when the chips are down.
      Likewise, a reassuring voice in the dressing room...

To achieve that you need to have been there and worn the blood stained T-shirt...

Skrtel or Milner are the only two who fit that bill for me... maybe Lucas as well..
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #777: Aug 25, 2015 10:18:32 pm

Seeing as though he looks like he's 15 he probably dare not have his shirt hanging out in case Rodgers tells his mum   ;D

I'm a bit old fashioned, I prefer players to tuck their shirts in and smarten themselves up like they used to! Dunno where all this untucked shirts came from - think it was Wayne Rooney, and as everyone knows, he's a scruffy git.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #778: Aug 25, 2015 10:22:56 pm
      Milner is a league champion, and multiple medallist. He has the experience, the leadership, the ability to delegate, take responsibility and be assertive. Henderson is a midfielder. He caved in to Balotelli 6 months ago over a penalty ffs. He may physically have the armband, but he is not a leader, never mind a proper captain.

We have lost the last three games at Arsenal. The last 4 games have seen 10 goals go in our net. We should be happy to get a result out of it, not complaining that we didn't win.

Weird how Henderson is regarded as a leader at every level he has played at including internationally.

Hopefully Milner can actually help us win something this season and make good on your promise of the team outperforming Rafa's (four seasons too late).
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #779: Aug 25, 2015 10:32:05 pm
      Is that not what nearly everyone here and who supports Liverpool want?... Some rich Arab who will spend Billions on the club and players?.......
      So why do you go on about City and Chelsea buy there success? .... :roll:

What in the flying F**k are you going on about now?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #780: Aug 25, 2015 10:39:13 pm

Love the way arseholes shout words like debate and discussion forum. Simple way to look at it, would you throw these views around the pubs of Liverpool 4 and not expect to be called a c**t and that you're talking sh*te.

Same thing really isn't it!!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #781: Aug 25, 2015 10:47:39 pm
      Ironic isn't it.

On the other, you have a player who has racked up league titles, experience and everything else - but shouldn't be the captain.

Club - Manchester City
      Premier League: 2011–12, 2013–14
      FA Cup: 2010–11
      Football League Cup: 2013–14
      FA Community Shield: 2012

'Racked up' titles? ;D ok, i get it, but lets not act like the man is winning medals left right and center.

nevertheless. i never said he wasn't a decent player. U lot are purposely misrepresenting the fact that he was a squad player for City. (which is fine, it doesn't mean he's not good) but. this squad player for city, has strolled into a vice captain role with minimal effort for us.

Again
      • Not debating whos a bigger club
        Not debating whos history is bigger
        Not debating whether he's a good player or not or has 'leadership qualities' (whatever that means)

He was a squad player at city
      we have good experienced players who also lead in their own way
      what has he done in a liverpool shirt?

For all his 'leadership qualities' and 'directing' and 'winning mentality'. Kompany, Toure and Zabaleta were all ahead of him at citeh

Quick Reply