Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      10 (6.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.6%)
      Joe Gomez
      53 (33.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      30 (19%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      8 (5.1%)
      Emre Can
      4 (2.5%)
      James Milner
      12 (7.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      30 (19%)
      Christian Benteke
      8 (5.1%)
      Jordan Rossiter
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Voting closed: Aug 28, 2015 09:54:59 pm

Arsenal 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 46671 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Re: Arsenal 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #782: Aug 25, 2015 10:48:38 pm
      Love the way arseholes shout words like debate and discussion forum. Simple way to look at it, would you throw these views around the pubs of Liverpool 4 and not expect to be called a c**t and that you're talking sh*te.

Same thing really isn't it!!

Childish
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #783: Aug 25, 2015 10:56:42 pm
      Quote from mcarz on Today at 07:48:09 PM
      Wtf is this post about?

In what universe are Manc City a far bigger club than Liverpool? I know a lot of City fans and the honest ones of that group will admit that they're not a bigger club. They may have a better team but there aren't many clubs bigger than ours.

Why would Gomez have that thought process?

The universe in which Sterling and Suarez were willing to leave us for city and arsenal(barring being convinced to stay 1 more year) aka the real world.
      Pastor, think you need to learn to learn the difference between a big club, ( world wide support, huge trophy cabinet) and a wealthy club, (oil rich) with no history and just a few recent trophies.
      Once these shieks and oil barons have had their fun, and off loaded their toys, the world order of footy will return to its natural course.
      City and chavs will Return to mediocrity.
      If we were relegated, we would still be a bigger club than City, you knob!

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #784: Aug 25, 2015 11:03:10 pm

For all his 'leadership qualities' and 'directing' and 'winning mentality'. Kompany, Toure and Zabaleta were all ahead of him at citeh

City didn't want to let Milner go and he was arguably their best player last season despite playing in every position bar his best one central midfield.

He felt under appreciated at City which is the reason he opted to sign for us. He is a very good player if you watched him play has clear natural leadership skills.

The best players in a team aren't always the captain it's the players that the team listens to and drives them forward with passion and determination.

If you don't see Milner is a highly determined vocal player then you are a blind fool. A natural leader is a natural leader it doesn't matter how long he has been at the club.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #785: Aug 25, 2015 11:32:42 pm
      What in the flying f**k are you going on about now?
      The point that you and nearly everyone bring up when City or Chelsea are mentioned about the billions they have

“Just because they built a team on over a billion quid of oil money over the last five years"

So what! Is it not what you and everyone else wants? We (LFC) to have our own billionaire owner that splash the money?

Stop keep use Chelsea/City's Billions as and excuse over the last five years Arsenal has spent less money on players than LFC and still makes the champions league every year...
      Do you realize that we recognize talent most times before the other top clubs but we move so slow that they snap them up before we do, should have and could have sign kun Aguero two year after signing Torres, could have also sign Ronaldo two years before Man Utd, Edin Hazard too...
      I think although he misspoke PastorGeek had it right the first time. Liverpool is no longer a "Big" club, and Raheem Sterling and others see us as a mere stepping stone to reach those "Big" Clubs. Yes we may have history but that does not make us a "Big" Club... 26 plus years without a title... CL you say, that’s like a glorified version of the FA. The fact that when it is in the knockout phase any club can win on the night and the best team does not always makes it through.

The Title proves that over the course of a season you are the best, and we have not been that or a long. Long time...

How long before Barca comes calling for Coutinho? Next season? The one after that? The only chance we have of retaining him and players like him is to start winning the Title on a regular basis. Cause when, and it is "When" Barca comes calling He will go and FSG will sale, and you can bet that
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #786: Aug 26, 2015 05:45:56 am
      Holy sh*t.

Some people always find a way on stupid things to argue about

The point that you and nearly everyone bring up when City or Chelsea are mentioned about the billions they have

“Just because they built a team on over a billion quid of oil money over the last five years"

So what! Is it not what you and everyone else wants? We (LFC) to have our own billionaire owner that splash the money?

Stop keep use Chelsea/City's Billions as and excuse over the last five years Arsenal has spent less money on players than LFC and still makes the champions league every year...
      Do you realize that we recognize talent most times before the other top clubs but we move so slow that they snap them up before we do, should have and could have sign kun Aguero two year after signing Torres, could have also sign Ronaldo two years before Man Utd, Edin Hazard too...
      I think although he misspoke PastorGeek had it right the first time. Liverpool is no longer a "Big" club, and Raheem Sterling and others see us as a mere stepping stone to reach those "Big" Clubs. Yes we may have history but that does not make us a "Big" Club... 26 plus years without a title... CL you say, that’s like a glorified version of the FA. The fact that when it is in the knockout phase any club can win on the night and the best team does not always makes it through.

The Title proves that over the course of a season you are the best, and we have not been that or a long. Long time...

How long before Barca comes calling for Coutinho? Next season? The one after that? The only chance we have of retaining him and players like him is to start winning the Title on a regular basis. Cause when, and it is "When" Barca comes calling He will go and FSG will sale, and you can bet that

Arse haven't won sh*t in last 10 years bar a couple of FA cups and they have had the SAME manager over the past 10 years.And how about if we swap Hicks and Gillet with Arse owners and then lets see what Arsene brings out from his Arse.

Chelsea would be lying low mid table if it weren't for the Russian.

City were mid table before BILLIONS from oil were pumped into them.We always talk about them spending billions? They are still smaller clubs than LFC and that will never change in the next 20 years.

How come you are so sure that Coutinho will go to Barca and not stay.I haven't seen a single incident that leads me to believe that Coutinho wants to leave.

Oh the irony of that post.Have a look at your own posts.
      « Last Edit: Aug 26, 2015 09:17:34 am by Gill95 »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #787: Aug 26, 2015 06:21:17 am
      Had a proper watch of the game now.  Our three penalty shouts, all would have been soft, but you've seen them given.  Having said that, Lucas gave away a free kick for a tackle that, although standing, was similar to two that weren't given, slightly from behind & won the ball. The Benteke one, where he was manhandled, was our strongest shout, but we've gotten away with those, by Skrtel, over the years.  The one shout they had would have been soft as well.

Mignolet - Two excellent saves, one slightly flappy moment.  Still slows down play, when a quick release is on, at times - 7/10

Gomez - Rough opening 20 minutes or so, after that was a beast in defence.  Passing was a bit sloppy at times - 7/10

Clyne - Dealt with everything he had to deal with, got forward, his crosses are getting better. 8/10

Skrtel - Few dodgy moments during the early stages of both halves. In the 2nd half he was monstrous and nothing was out of his reach. 7/10

Lovren - Similar to Skrtel, though his moments were either side of half-time and he was clearing everything in the first half. 2nd half he didn't see as much action, but was still solid 7/10

Can - Slowly grew into the game,  not really as influential as Henderson can be - 7/10

Milner - A step up from what we've seen so far.  Adds a calming presence, never seems rushed - 7/10

Coutinho - Excellent in the 1st half, faded in the 2nd - 7/10

Firmino - Thought he did a lot of grafting up and down the right flank, that kind of went unnoticed, the front four aren't quite on the same wavelength yet, but more promising signs - 7/10

Benteke - Worried their back line throughout the 90, defended well at corners.  Slightly heavy touch at times - 7/10

Ibe - Looks like he needs a game or two with the u-21s, but he'll learn - 4/10

Rossiter - Covered a lot of ground in this cameo, not ready to start yet - 6/10

Moreno - Not on long enough to rate but, with a little composure, could have won us that game.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #788: Aug 26, 2015 07:56:51 am
      Club - Manchester City
      Premier League: 2011–12, 2013–14
      FA Cup: 2010–11
      Football League Cup: 2013–14
      FA Community Shield: 2012

'Racked up' titles? ;D ok, i get it, but lets not act like the man is winning medals left right and center.

nevertheless. i never said he wasn't a decent player. U lot are purposely misrepresenting the fact that he was a squad player for City. (which is fine, it doesn't mean he's not good) but. this squad player for city, has strolled into a vice captain role with minimal effort for us.

Again
      • Not debating whos a bigger club
        Not debating whos history is bigger
        Not debating whether he's a good player or not or has 'leadership qualities' (whatever that means)

He was a squad player at city
      we have good experienced players who also lead in their own way
      what has he done in a liverpool shirt?

For all his 'leadership qualities' and 'directing' and 'winning mentality'. Kompany, Toure and Zabaleta were all ahead of him at citeh

Lucky you don't support Villa, with Micah Richards coming in and getting the armband there.

While you're on the topic of perception, it's clearly something that Rodgers is seeing in Milner that helped his decision. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he is more of a natural leader than the like of some of the players currently in our team such as Skrtel. In regards to Lucas, if he's not going to be on the pitch then there's not really a point in him being vice captain.

What I perceive from that is, that Milner and Henderson are automatic starters so long as they're not injured hence the captain and vice captain. Skrtel and Lucas are dispensable and can be rotated, simples. I can see Skrtel being dropped like a hot snot the minute he makes mistakes.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #789: Aug 26, 2015 08:19:13 am
      Club - Manchester City

'Racked up' titles? ;D ok, i get it, but lets not act like the man is winning medals left right and center.

nevertheless. i never said he wasn't a decent player. U lot are purposely misrepresenting the fact that he was a squad player for City. (which is fine, it doesn't mean he's not good) but. this squad player for city, has strolled into a vice captain role with minimal effort for us.

Again
        Not debating whether he's a good player or not or has 'leadership qualities' (whatever that means)

Who are you mostly upset for? get the feeling with some fans the world is gonna end if thier fave player does not play or is not made vice saptain.

personaly my fave was lucas, but he wont play much so no point making him vice captain.

Also thought skrtel, he has been vice captain already.

I dont hear any negative chat from the players about milner, in fact its all positive when they talk about him, what a great guy he is, all the talking he does on the pitch.

Try this one on, maybe BR and the other coaches assest it over the pre-season, watched all the new and existing players, and made a calculated decision on performances, personality, off field prefesionalism etc. Just maybe they said Milner is the man to be vice cpatain and his experience at club and country (english) not only help the young captain but who all the squad already look upto.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #790: Aug 26, 2015 08:54:41 am
      Club - Manchester City

Again

Well, that's still more league medals than our current team combined.  ;)

He's a pro Pastor and I can't believe we're discussing who got the vice captain's armband. Personally, if it had been my choice, I would have made him captain.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #792: Aug 26, 2015 12:46:42 pm
      Holy sh*t.

Arse haven't won sh*t in last 10 years bar a couple of FA cups and they have had the SAME manager over the past 10 years.And how about if we swap Hicks and Gillet with Arse owners and then lets see what Arsene brings out from his Arse.

Even Under Hicks and Gillette we still spent more than Arsenal and only won 3 Cups and shared a C/Shield under Rafa
      Arseanl won a FA cup and a shared C/Shield in the same period... But in the last 10 years that 1 FA cup has become 3, They have built and paid for thier Stadium and "IF" as you have said they had H&G and we had thier owners (Money) Wenger would have achieved a hell of a lot more player wise and maybe would have won another two titles at least

Chelsea 1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup (Now the CL) 1997/98 1 UEFA Super Cup 1998 " FA Cups (1997&2000) and 1 League (1997/98) Cup.... And that's since the start of the Perm' and before the Roman bought the Club...... Remind me since the start of the Perm  till 2003 what did we win? 1 FA cup, 1 League Cup, and a couple of C/Shields..... So much for Chelsea just being a  low mid table club without the Romans money

City were mid table before BILLIONS from oil were pumped into them.We always talk about them spending billions? They are still smaller clubs than LFC and that will never change in the next 20 years.

Yes Man City were mid table but making head way under Thaksin Shinawatra ownership before the big boys took over.
      But as I said is that not what most LFC supporters want, The big boys to come in and splash the cash?...And I an a faid that you are mistaking a club that has "History" and a lager following(LFC) with a Club that is success full and winning thorphies (Man City) We are so far behind in this

How come you are so sure that Coutinho will go to Barca and not stay.I haven't seen a single incident that leads me to believe that Coutinho wants to leave.

Did I say that he wanted to leave now?.....
      Andrés Iniesta(31) Is getting on Coutinho is young and getting better and better, Clubs like Barca will come calling, it is inevitable and FSG whole philosophy is about players with resalable value... Coutinho cost LFC £8.5m.... If a club like Barca was to offer £50m plus do you truly believe that FSG would not sell him in a heart beat?

Maybe should take your own advice and "Have a look at your own posts."
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #793: Aug 26, 2015 01:25:05 pm

Maybe I should take your advice and "Have a look at my own posts."
      Fixed it for you.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #794: Aug 26, 2015 01:36:59 pm
      Holy sh*t.

Since we last won the league 24 yrs ago, i believe we are the 4th highest spenders out of Chelsea, Man utd , Arsenal and Man city.
      They have all won league titles in that time whilst we have won none. Doesn't matter where the money comes from , it's how you spend it.
      If it came down to it , we would lose out to any of those clubs over a player. Don't be so naive to think Coutinhou is happy and safely with us for the long term.
      We have history , but i'm afraid it's ancient history and our name just doesn't carry the clout it did. Does not mean it can't once more in the future , just not at this moment in time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #795: Aug 26, 2015 01:39:18 pm

I was taught as a Kid, the really big and I mean big clubs, they go on and not only win the league, but they also win the European Cup (which is still the biggest club trophy in Europe and possibly the world). How many times have City won that?

Our club name is renowned the world over  - there is a F***ing reason for that and it isn't cos we have a rich F***ing arab in charge, it might have more to do with those five F**k off massive big ears trophies we won all over Europe.

When city and Arsenal start doing that then we'll talk about them being big clubs!!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #796: Aug 26, 2015 01:41:57 pm
      Since we last won the league 24 yrs ago, i believe we are the 4th highest spenders out of Chelsea, Man utd , Arsenal and Man city.
      They have all won league titles in that time whilst we have won none. Doesn't matter where the money comes from , it's how you spend it.
      If it came down to it , we would lose out to any of those clubs over a player. Don't be so naive to think Coutinhou is happy and safely with us for the long term.
      We have history , but i'm afraid it's ancient history and our name just doesn't carry the clout it did. Does not mean it can't once more in the future , just not at this moment in time.
      Instead of saying that i'm naive,maybe you should stop over thinking and predicting what would happen NEXT summer transfer window.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #797: Aug 26, 2015 01:42:29 pm

But still won trophies during that 26 years!!

So stop F***ing moaning - treble in 2001, Istanbul 2005, Cardiff 2006 - some F***ing clubs and their fans would kill to be involved in those finals and win those trophies.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #798: Aug 26, 2015 01:45:53 pm
      Pretty surprising that when a poster says Milner shouldn't be captain as he played for a rival team and the conversation is taken towards - "Oh look its been 24 years since we won the league".

Some guys always need something to whine about. :D
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #799: Aug 26, 2015 01:48:32 pm

So stop f**king moaning - treble in 2001, Istanbul 2005, Cardiff 2006 - some f**king clubs and their fans would kill to be involved in those finals and win those trophies.
      Leave it mate,he would  probably whine about that pre season cup that we didn't won last year.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #800: Aug 26, 2015 02:39:05 pm
      Instead of saying that i'm naive,maybe you should stop over thinking and predicting what would happen NEXT summer transfer window.

Who mentioned the Next summer transfer window? I'm sure there is one in January. C'mon , how long have you been watching football  for?
      As a great man once said " The only thing that surprises me , is,  that people are still surprised by surprises! "
      Think thats the first time i've been accused of overthinking.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #801: Aug 26, 2015 02:48:05 pm

So stop f**king moaning - treble in 2001, Istanbul 2005, Cardiff 2006 - some f**king clubs and their fans would kill to be involved in those finals and win those trophies.

Who's moaning? Yes , cups are good , but not the true measure of a club or team . Who wants us to be known as a cup team? 
      And i bet you'd give your left nut for Wengers 3 titles. League titles and continued challenges for them is what makes your legacy.

Hey, who knows? Maybe we'll have 3 titles in the bag in 15 yrs.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #802: Aug 26, 2015 02:54:40 pm

Just maybe they said Milner is the man to be vice cpatain and his experience at club and country (english) not only help the young captain but who all the squad already look upto.

So a bit of casual xenophobia got him the vice captain's armband. I see.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #803: Aug 26, 2015 06:52:53 pm
      Who mentioned the Next summer transfer window? I'm sure there is one in January. C'mon , how long have you been watching football  for?
      As a great man once said " The only thing that surprises me , is,  that people are still surprised by surprises! "
      Think thats the first time i've been accused of overthinking.
      Leave this mate,Coutinho isn't going anywhere.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #804: Aug 26, 2015 07:22:40 pm
      Who's moaning? Yes , cups are good , but not the true measure of a club or team . Who wants us to be known as a cup team? 
      And i bet you'd give your left nut for Wengers 3 titles. League titles and continued challenges for them is what makes your legacy.

Hey, who knows? Maybe we'll have 3 titles in the bag in 15 yrs.

Awwww diddums never seen Liverpool win the league then? I saw them win 3 league titles within 4 years between 86 and 1990!! So you can go kiss my big fat scouse arse sonny!!

Get this through that thick head of yours, Wenger would give them 3 Premier League titles away for just one Champions League.

That's what's makes truly special teams that's why we still have a legacy - those 5 big ears!! Even though wankers like yourself want to knock it down and go suck on Wenger's or Mourinho's todger.

Some Liverpool fans F***ing embarrass me these days!!

Quick Reply