Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      10 (6.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.6%)
      Joe Gomez
      53 (33.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      30 (19%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      8 (5.1%)
      Emre Can
      4 (2.5%)
      James Milner
      12 (7.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      30 (19%)
      Christian Benteke
      8 (5.1%)
      Jordan Rossiter
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Voting closed: Aug 28, 2015 09:54:59 pm

Arsenal 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 46964 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Arsenal 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #805: Aug 26, 2015 07:31:32 pm
      Some Liverpool fans f**king embarrass me these days!!

Or they are not supporters in the first place...there are a few on here.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #806: Aug 26, 2015 08:08:50 pm
      Awwww diddums never seen Liverpool win the league then? I saw them win 3 league titles within 4 years between 86 and 1990!! So you can go kiss my big fat scouse arse sonny!!

Get this through that thick head of yours, Wenger would give them 3 Premier League titles away for just one Champions League.

That's what's makes truly special teams that's why we still have a legacy - those 5 big ears!! Even though wankers like yourself want to knock it down and go suck on Wenger's or Mourinho's todger.

Some Liverpool fans f**king embarrass me these days!!

My first game was in '78 . what makes teams special is winning league titles and European cups. Maybe you'll get to see it one day.

I had a feeling you had a big fat arse.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #807: Aug 26, 2015 08:14:28 pm
      Great posting from HR above, I shake my head in disbelief at the attitude of some of our so called supporters, Ppl like little sh*t face who many believe is actually a f***in chav

Would not surprise me in the slightest tbh,

YNWA
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #808: Aug 26, 2015 08:28:05 pm
      Found this on the Gooners forum post Mondays game..
      Decent read believe it or not..

Brendan Rodgers got it spot on in the first half before Wenger reacted at the break. Brendan did the most simple thing he needed to do when he read the team news at 7pm. Change the park the bus / counter attack plan to press high up the pitch, crowd the penalty area when Arsenal are in the final third and don’t allow his full backs to cross the half way line. Very simple. Very effective and forced error after error and how they didn’t go in two or three up at the break no one knows. Wengers game plan was as his team selection usually is – predictable and uninspiring. 50% of our attacking play was down the left flank with 26% central. In the closing stages Liverpool knew they only had to focus on one area. I personally believe there is an unhealthy favouritism of Ramsey. He is dangerous making late runs in but from open play offers little width and fails to open the right side, evident by lack of overlap with Bellerin as opposed to Monreal. To play two inexperienced centre backs against Benteke without pacey outlets wide invited pressure. Oxlaide should have started wide right. With Theo, their introductions surely were too late. We kept a clean sheet – just but I feel different about Cech now after West Ham, now that I can see the reasons we bought him are very much still there. A rare plus last night. The danger for me though is although Badarse correctly sees Nevilles agenda in influencing others with his easy jibes he can point to the stats as lack of progress. We are treated to technical football that is the envy of the world season after season and yet we have not scored in 5 out of the last 6 home games. A certain approach does work against Arsenal. Swansea and West Ham I fear will not the last teams to take all 3 points at the Emirates this year. I believe Wenger has limited options to address the small but important number of deficiencies he has in his squad. When you look at the offensive players left out of the starting 11 last night (Ox, Walcott, Rosicky, Wilshere in the main), you see just how dependant Arsene has become on Cazorla and in particular Ozil. Only one of these can play in my opinion. Especially at home. Runs in behind are coming more from Monreal than the front three and that is why the opposition game plan is working. We looked more aggressive in the second period and I applaud the decision to replace Coquelin with more attacking threat, but Ox for Ozil or Cazorla was surely the right call. Mezut Ozil is a very fine player (at Real Madrid) but I only saw in glimpses last night what he will need to do every week if he is to influence games as his price tag would suggest. By the way I thought Gabriel was magnificent and with Kos we have an assured pairing for years to come. I am as despondent about results and performances as everyone else but one thing is for sure...Wenger might have favourites, not see the deficiencies, refuse to spend to keep achievement in line with expectation and so on BUT he will have prepared the club very well for a new man to see AFC fulfil its potential. For that at least I am very grateful. I will be eternally sad that the Emirates project will not have the fairy tale ending we all wanted for Wenger. He will not win the league with his players and his tactics. He will be close but “Thats all Folks”... - Post No. 78784

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #809: Aug 26, 2015 08:38:58 pm
      My first game was in '78 . what makes teams special is winning league titles and European cups. Maybe you'll get to see it one day.

I had a feeling you had a big fat arse.

Saw us win the title 88 and 90 at Anfield, saw number 5 in Istanbul, maybe one day I will see Liverpool win the premier league, then I can say I've seen Liverpool win every trophy going.

I've got a feeling you're a pr**k!!
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #810: Aug 26, 2015 09:00:59 pm
      Great posting from HR above, I shake my head in disbelief at the attitude of some of our so called supporters, Ppl like little sh*t face who many believe is actually a F**kin chav

Would not surprise me in the slightest tbh,

YNWA

Yeh, I bet you shake your head a lot.
      What's a chav ? By the way.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #811: Aug 26, 2015 09:29:41 pm
      Or they are not supporters in the first place...there are a few on here.

Well why hasn't anyone told me? Who are they?C'mon tell us. Why Don't you start a thread and we'll  see if we can pick them out. I think I might have an idea who is one, but I don't want to grass on anyone . So let's just call him
      Ruyton Hed .
      Now this fella is defo a mistake, always telling us what he's seen , when he saw it . Almost as if he needs us to know. Oh , and the potty mouth on him!  His keyboard must be dripping wet.
      I can just imagine him sitting there in the dark, gravy all down the front of his Everton shirt.

We really need to be vigilant and root out these worms.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #812: Aug 26, 2015 09:33:19 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #813: Aug 26, 2015 10:07:28 pm
      Forgive me for going off topic, but what about that game on Monday Night?

A win would have been nice but I'll take the draw, what about you lot?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #814: Aug 26, 2015 10:24:56 pm
      There is an obscene amount of attention seeking WUMMERY going on here lately.

It's really starting to grate.

I'd much rather talk about how well we have started the season especially how our defence looks its strongest in years.

And how us, we, Liverpool FC have one of the most exciting young players in world football right now in Phil Coutinho.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #815: Aug 26, 2015 10:34:53 pm
      Well why hasn't anyone told me? Who are they?C'mon tell us. Why Don't you start a thread and we'll  see if we can pick them out. I think I might have an idea who is one, but I don't want to grass on anyone . So let's just call him
      Ruyton Hed .
      Now this fella is defo a mistake, always telling us what he's seen , when he saw it . Almost as if he needs us to know. Oh , and the potty mouth on him!  His keyboard must be dripping wet.
      I can just imagine him sitting there in the dark, gravy all down the front of his Everton shirt.

We really need to be vigilant and root out these worms.

:lmao: Stick to wanking over Wenger you soft c**t.

Oh and bitterness and obsession is a Blueshite trait, which you seem to know a lot about  ;)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      Reply #816: Aug 26, 2015 11:04:48 pm
      The mindset of some of the wums on here is f***in staggering, if this is the mindset of the modern era of supporters is it any wonder that our cathedral that is Anfield, is like a f***in library,

Full,of non-appreciative, no knowledge, dis-respectful f***in no marks who glorify in our past history yet dismiss it as tho it was no more important than a f***in charity shield triumph,

It is a f***in disgrace that so called supporters actually diss our achievements in our history and favour a top 4 finish rather than winning more trophies,

They praise other clubs achievements rather than our own yet those who gave us our history remain virtually unknown to these f***in pretend fans,

f***in sad, Shanks, Bob, Joe, would turn in their graves if they knew what these so called fans think about our club today,

They are a f***in disgrace and quite frankly a embarrassment , and I wish they would all just F**k off and support those who they believe are better or bigger than LFC.

YNWA

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #817: Aug 26, 2015 11:58:01 pm
      They are a f***in disgrace and quite frankly a embarrassment , and I wish they would all just f**k off and support those who they believe are better or bigger than LFC.

YNWA

I get your post mate, but is it not our job as fans to educate rather than abandon. At the end of the day becoming the most supported club in the world is   one path to returning to the top.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      Reply #818: Aug 27, 2015 07:24:40 am
      I get your post mate, but is it not our job as fans to educate rather than abandon. At the end of the day becoming the most supported club in the world is   one path to returning to the top.

It is Luke. You are of course right. However it is up to those who listen to take onboard that education, from what I've gleaned from this forum and others is modern fans are more inclined to believe the sky media, FM, Twatter, and other social media outlets rather a lifelong supporter who has witnessed past glories and experienced the sheer joy that comes with it,

It's their attitude that kills it for me how many times have you read posts on here from dare I say the elder generation, who try and give their opinions only to be shot down in flames because it's not the modern way,  or that's to old school,

"The Liverpool Way" no longer applies apparently, Finishing 4th is a accomplishment and more worthy than winning a actual trophy,  etc etc,

We will never give up the education but the older statesman are dying out, and will eventually be overtaken by the younger variety that don't give a F**k about our history pre 1992.

YNWA
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #819: Aug 27, 2015 08:53:47 am
      I am happy with the way how we played.We did not scored any goals but we did not conceded any too.Overall it was a very good game to watch,i enjoyed it.I am really sorry that Coutinho and Benteke couldnt convert thier chances into goals but it looked like Cech was unbeatable.

Joe Gomez was really good,it looks like we have a really really good left back in our hands and he looked pretty mature against the Arsenal,he just needs to be a bit more cautious because he got yellow card on pretty much every game he played.Firmino did not impresed me,he did ok but he needs more time adapting to PL style of play.

I liked how we played as a team in the first half and with the chance created,to bad that we could not keep that type of play in the second half too.Couple of things that i dont understand is how the hell Benteke didnt scored from point blank and how did Milner got selected as a captain,i mean it was his third official game at the club and he allready got the captain armband.IMO Lucas or Skrtel should have been named as a captain on that match.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #820: Aug 27, 2015 09:35:23 am

When city and Arsenal start doing that then we'll talk about them being big clubs!!

They have more chance of achieving winning the CL than we do, because they are in the CL year in, year out. While we have to fight it out for a Europa League spot, they scrap it out for the PL title every season.....

I was taught as a Kid, the really big and I mean big clubs, they go on and not only win the league, but they also win the European Cup (which is still the biggest club trophy in Europe and possibly the world). How many times have City won that?

We are a Club with a "Great" history...  We achieved many "great things" in the Football world; but I am afraid the emphasis here is on "Achieved"; Clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, City, and Utd are "Achieving" great things.

Our club name is renowned the world over  - there is a f**king reason for that and it isn't cos we have a rich f**king arab in charge, it might have more to do with those five f**k off massive big ears trophies we won all over Europe.

You're like those commentators who still hark on about the time that England won the World Cup, as if it was yesterday when in fact it was last century....

How long in this current incarnation of the old division one (The Premier League); can we dining out on that? Remember Utd are only one prefect run away from that fifth star, and then it will tarnish some of the shine that we currently have on that bragging right……

When city and Arsenal start doing that then we'll talk about them being big clubs!!

They have more chance of achieving winning the CL than we do, because they are in the CL year in, year out. While we have to fight it out for a Europa League spot, in the mean time they scrap it out for the PL title every season

Arsenal, City, and Chelsea can all boast about winning multi-pal Premier League Titles, were as we can only say that we can close twice… It is sad really

Bragging about past achievements is fine; just so long as they can be backed up with current ones
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #821: Aug 27, 2015 09:41:32 am
      They have more chance of achieving winning the CL than we do, because they are in the CL year in, year out. While we have to fight it out for a Europa League spot, they scrap it out for the PL title every season.....

We are a Club with a "Great" history...  We achieved many "great things" in the Football world; but I am afraid the emphasis here is on "Achieved"; Clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, City, and Utd are "Achieving" great things.

You're like those commentators who still hark on about the time that England won the World Cup, as if it was yesterday when in fact it was last century....

How long in this current incarnation of the old division one (The Premier League); can we dining out on that? Remember Utd are only one prefect run away from that fifth star, and then it will tarnish some of the shine that we currently have on that bragging right……

They have more chance of achieving winning the CL than we do, because they are in the CL year in, year out. While we have to fight it out for a Europa League spot, in the mean time they scrap it out for the PL title every season

Arsenal, City, and Chelsea can all boast about winning multi-pal Premier League Titles, were as we can only say that we can close twice… It is sad really

Bragging about past achievements is fine; just so long as they can be backed up with current ones

Let me get this right, this is still a Liverpool forum yes?

We haven't been taken over by a shower of shitbag southerners have we?

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #822: Aug 27, 2015 10:09:03 am

What the f**k are Arsenal "achieving" buddy? Two cups in the last decade that's less than we have achieved!

I don't even know what the f**k your whining about every day you clearly don't enjoy supporting Liverpool FC since we are not "achieving" anything. If you expect us to win the PL and CL every year then you are deluded. Every club goes through a period of time when they underachieve for the size of the club. Just like Arsenal did when they won sweet f**k all for 10 years. City and Chelsea barely won anything pre 10 years ago.

If you can't support the club before it rises to the top again don't you dare support us when we get there!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #823: Aug 27, 2015 10:11:50 am
      It is ok looking back on the glory days of the pass, after all it is important to us the supporters  to know were we come from, and what we have achieved, What I object to is "Living" in the past...It sends the message to the owners that so long as we win a FA/League cup here and there, beat Utd now and then that it is fine for them to run the club like Walmart and just to keep Liverpool FC ticking over because it is worth £90m simply staying the perm this season, and £110 next season, and  instead of showing any really ambition, Building a Brand new Stadium, Investing in real world class players, and most supporters enabled that way of thinking by not showing their frustration and announce with where the club is now and our transfer policy.
      We should be moving forward.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #824: Aug 27, 2015 10:41:45 am

What the f**k are Arsenal "achieving" buddy? Two cups in the last decade that's less than we have achieved!

I don't even know what the f**k your whining about every day you clearly don't enjoy supporting Liverpool FC since we are not "achieving" anything. If you expect us to win the PL and CL every year then you are deluded. Every club goes through a period of time when they underachieve for the size of the club. Just like Arsenal did when they won sweet f**k all for 10 years. City and Chelsea barely won anything pre 10 years ago.

If you can't support the club before it rises to the top again don't you dare support us when we get there!

spot on man.

The vouyer dont look back in venger, has been in Europe 19 years straight with Arsenal, what has he won, fek all.

At least when we go on a run in Europe we have a go and win the odd 1.

They might have won more EPL's than us, but Id take the champions league win and the 2001 treble over them anyday.

Since we last won the league, we have won, FA cups, league cups, Europa cup & champions league.  We have not been as poor as some would make you believe, but we do want that league title, is been too long.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      Reply #825: Aug 27, 2015 11:06:51 am

Where the f**k were Chavs, Shitty. Arse. Mancs, spuds or any other F**kin English top division team when Liverpool Football Club won the European Cup,  1977, 1978, 1981,1984 , and again in 2005. And before you spout off about it being called Champions league it's the same F**kin tournament with a different hat on,

Your attitude is typically of what is wrong with the modern so called supporter,  it's typical of a chav, Shitty, manc, Arse or F**kin spud fan who hate the thought that their clubs will never surpass what our club has achieved, you say we are living in the past. Well so f***in what,  who else is going to look back and bask in our total domination of European football, who else is going to look back with immense pride of what this club won and what other clubs can only f***in dream of,

And how f***in dare you tarnish the very memories of those fans who scrimped and saved every f***in penny they earned so as they could travel all over Europe and SUPPORT the very club you are too quick to diss,  how dare you take away the pleasure to look back and reminisce and tell their grandkids about their heroes,

Get over it fuckstick cos it's part and parcel of what this club stands for.

If you fail to acknowledge that then you have no standing on this forum and more to the point no right to call yourself a supporter of this fantastic football club.

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2015 11:18:46 am by billythered »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #826: Aug 27, 2015 11:17:10 am

Again…. Have we won a Title in the last 24 years??????????

Since the start of Premier League in 1992, five have won the title: Manchester United (13), Chelsea (4), Arsenal (3), Manchester City (2) EVEN Blackburn Rovers (1).
      Plus Arsenal has won FA and League cups in that period they are as I said "achieving"

I don't even know what the f**k your whining about every day you clearly don't enjoy supporting Liverpool FC since we are not "achieving" anything.

I support Liverpool through thick and thin, but it does not mean that I enjoy the lean times. I want to see LFC win titles or at very least be up there fighting for them, Why do you support Liverpool????

If you expect us to win the PL and CL every year then you are deluded.

No I expect us to be up there fighting to win them every year, we are not even there

Every club goes through a period of time when they underachieve for the size of the club. Just like Arsenal did when they won sweet f**k all for 10 years. City and Chelsea barely won anything pre 10 years ago.

Funny you see it that way… Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, and City have been craving up the Premier League Titles between themselves no one else as had a look in yet you see that as City, Arsenal and Chelsea have not done well even throwing in the Europa league title Chelsea won in 2012/13 and the CL title they won in 2011/12
      If that is Barley winning anything that just make our run even worse….

We had a twenty plus year run on Arsenal, City, and Man Utd, City, In which to take the club forward and make a real legacy, In stead we have gone from trend setter to also ran’s

What are you two??? “Don’t you dare support us“Do you own Liverpool FC???
      I am will to take a blind bet that I have been supporting Liverpool FC a lot longer than you, and I would not dream of tell you how you should support them

I will supporter the team the way I see fit, not the way you or anyone else tells me I should.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      Reply #827: Aug 27, 2015 11:28:55 am
      Again…. Have we won a Title in the last 24 years??????????

Since the start of Premier League in 1992, five have won the title: Manchester United (13), Chelsea (4), Arsenal (3), Manchester City (2) EVEN Blackburn Rovers (1).
      Plus Arsenal has won FA and League cups in that period they are as I said "achieving"

I support Liverpool through thick and thin, but it does not mean that I enjoy the lean times. I want to see LFC win titles or at very least be up there fighting for them, Why do you support Liverpool????

No I expect us to be up there fighting to win them every year, we are not even there

Funny you see it that way… Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, and City have been craving up the Premier League Titles between themselves no one else as had a look in yet you see that as City, Arsenal and Chelsea have not done well even throwing in the Europa league title Chelsea won in 2012/13 and the CL title they won in 2011/12
      If that is Barley winning anything that just make our run even worse….

We had a twenty plus year run on Arsenal, City, and Man Utd, City, In which to take the club forward and make a real legacy, In stead we have gone from trend setter to also ran’s

What are you two??? “Don’t you dare support us“Do you own Liverpool FC???
      I am will to take a blind bet that I have been supporting Liverpool FC a lot longer than you, and I would not dream of tell you how you should support them

I will supporter the team the way I see fit, not the way you or anyone else tells me I should.

Scumbag F**kin mancs took 26 yrs before they won it,

1992 you mentioned above so I assume you believe thst was when football was founded. Again F**kin typical of your ilk,  pre 1992 doesn't exist,

If you don't like what you see you know what to do fella, go join the rest of the no marks, and haters of this club.

YNWA

Quick Reply