Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      10 (6.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.6%)
      Joe Gomez
      53 (33.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      30 (19%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      8 (5.1%)
      Emre Can
      4 (2.5%)
      James Milner
      12 (7.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      30 (19%)
      Christian Benteke
      8 (5.1%)
      Jordan Rossiter
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Voting closed: Aug 28, 2015 09:54:59 pm

Arsenal 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 46663 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Arsenal 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #828: Aug 27, 2015 11:39:35 am
      Again…. Have we won a Title in the last 24 years??????????

Since the start of Premier League in 1992, five have won the title: Manchester United (13), Chelsea (4), Arsenal (3), Manchester City (2) EVEN Blackburn Rovers (1).
      Plus Arsenal has won FA and League cups in that period they are as I said "achieving"

I support Liverpool through thick and thin, but it does not mean that I enjoy the lean times. I want to see LFC win titles or at very least be up there fighting for them, Why do you support Liverpool????

No I expect us to be up there fighting to win them every year, we are not even there

Funny you see it that way… Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, and City have been craving up the Premier League Titles between themselves no one else as had a look in yet you see that as City, Arsenal and Chelsea have not done well even throwing in the Europa league title Chelsea won in 2012/13 and the CL title they won in 2011/12
      If that is Barley winning anything that just make our run even worse….

We had a twenty plus year run on Arsenal, City, and Man Utd, City, In which to take the club forward and make a real legacy, In stead we have gone from trend setter to also ran’s

What are you two??? “Don’t you dare support us“Do you own Liverpool FC???
      I am will to take a blind bet that I have been supporting Liverpool FC a lot longer than you, and I would not dream of tell you how you should support them

I will supporter the team the way I see fit, not the way you or anyone else tells me I should.

I'm still not getting your point. All supporters want success for their club. All supporters feel frustration when the club they support is underachieving.

You clearly want the club to become as rich as City and Chelsea. So why don't you march outside the gates at Anfield demanding a Sugar Daddy owner? It's not what I want or many other supporters but clearly that's what you want.

Ok pal you support the club the way you see fit the rest of us living in the real world will support the club the way it deserves to be.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #829: Aug 27, 2015 12:07:47 pm
      we have won 9 major trophies since 1991 including a 5th European Cup. thats not that bad if you had put a couple of EPL in there it would have been so much better but have you seen other teams they have 1 trophy in 20 years . Of all the titles we have won 2005 for me was the greatest ever even better than 77 or the treble etc. this club never does boring( apart from Roys tenure) Every Sky sports advert includes some of the great EPL games ever at ANFIELD. We did well at Arsenal and it could have been better but I like this squad and with a fit and healthy Daniel firing up a partnership with Benteke everything is possible as long as we are positive and attack games everything else will take care of its self.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #830: Aug 27, 2015 12:25:17 pm

Where the f**k were Chavs, Shitty. Arse. Mancs, spuds or any other F**kin English top division team when Liverpool Football Club won the European Cup,  1977, 1978, 1981,1984 , and again in 2005.

That’s the point. We should have pushed on from that and wrote the next and the next Chapters in the LFC drama. We have no done so and as a result we have been overtake by the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, City and Arsenal, and blaming it strictly on the Roman and Arabs “Billions” cuts no ice, It was in Chelsea Case 2003 before the Roman bought the club, and 2007 Thaksin Shinawatra invested in City, In time since 1989/91 what were LFC doing to ensure our legacy?...

“You have to be in it to win it” Arsenal has made the CL every year for 19 years, City and Chelsea are qualifying, and so are Man Utd so who long before they win? Man Utd have won it 4 times Chelsea twice

And before you spout off about it being called Champions league it's the same F**kin tournament with a different hat on,

Why won I when I made the same point with Chelsea when they won The UEFA Cup Winner’s Cup in 1970/71 & 1997/98

Your attitude is typically of what is wrong with the modern so called supporter,  it's typical of a chav, Shitty, manc, Arse or F**kin spud fan who hate the thought that their clubs will never surpass what our club has achieved, you say we are living in the past. Well so f***in what,  who else is going to look back and bask in our total domination of European football, who else is going to look back with immense pride of what this club won and what other clubs can only F**kin dream of,

How do you make the jump from my post to that I am a “modern” so called supporter? WE ALL like to bask in the glory days, but I will not live in those days with no hope new days were we once again rule the roost, and just because some of us remembers those day are we wrong in wanting those days back? And is it wrong in wanting the younger supporters; those that may have only witnessed the treble in 2001, and the finale in2005 to share those new glory days with us?

And how F**kin dare you tarnish the very memories of those fans who scrimped and saved every F**kin penny they earned so as they could travel all over Europe and SUPPORT the very club you are too quick to diss,  how dare you take away the pleasure to look back and reminisce and tell their grandkids about their heroes,
      Now you are over reaching…. Rather than “you take away the pleasure to look back and reminisce and tell their grandkids about their heroes”. I would much rather be sharing those memories with them and bonding over new ones than simple be telling what a happened back when….

You come across like a dog guarding a bone that he does not wish to share with others

Get over it fuckstick cos it's part and parcel of what this club stands for.

If you fail to acknowledge that then you have no standing on this forum and more to the point no right to call yourself a supporter of this fantastic football club.

YNWA
      Why because you say I “have no standing on this forum”?  It is your opinion you have the right to think that way, just as I have the right to believe that “anyone” who says things like “call yourself a supporter”, “You know nothing about football” or uses “Fact” to end the point that they are trying to make, In my eyes they have already lost
      The debate

If you and others can not understand were some of us are coming from then you never will, because you are living live the past
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #831: Aug 27, 2015 12:28:42 pm
      we have won 9 major trophies since 1991 including a 5th European Cup. thats not that bad if you had put a couple of EPL in there it would have been so much better but have you seen other teams they have 1 trophy in 20 years . Of all the titles we have won 2005 for me was the greatest ever even better than 77 or the treble etc. this club never does boring( apart from Roys tenure) Every Sky sports advert includes some of the great EPL games ever at ANFIELD. We did well at Arsenal and it could have been better but I like this squad and with a fit and healthy Daniel firing up a partnership with Benteke everything is possible as long as we are positive and attack games everything else will take care of its self.

Its not bad for a club who are in a 20 year slump.

Did the mancs win that much in thier 26 year wait ? Don't think so, they got relegated in thier dodgy period. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #832: Aug 27, 2015 12:32:46 pm
      That’s the point. We should have pushed on from that and wrote the next and the next Chapters in the LFC drama. We have no done so and as a result we have been overtake by the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, City and Arsenal, and blaming it strictly on the Roman and Arabs “Billions” cuts no ice, It was in Chelsea Case 2003 before the Roman bought the club, and 2007 Thaksin Shinawatra invested in City, In time since 1989/91 what were LFC doing to ensure our legacy?...

“You have to be in it to win it” Arsenal has made the CL every year for 19 years, City and Chelsea are qualifying, and so are Man Utd so who long before they win? Man Utd have won it 4 times Chelsea twice

Why won I when I made the same point with Chelsea when they won The UEFA Cup Winner’s Cup in 1970/71 & 1997/98

How do you make the jump from my post to that I am a “modern” so called supporter? WE ALL like to bask in the glory days, but I will not live in those days with no hope new days were we once again rule the roost, and just because some of us remembers those day are we wrong in wanting those days back? And is it wrong in wanting the younger supporters; those that may have only witnessed the treble in 2001, and the finale in2005 to share those new glory days with us?
      Now you are over reaching…. Rather than “you take away the pleasure to look back and reminisce and tell their grandkids about their heroes”. I would much rather be sharing those memories with them and bonding over new ones than simple be telling what a happened back when….

You come across like a dog guarding a bone that he does not wish to share with others

Why because you say I “have no standing on this forum”?  It is your opinion you have the right to think that way, just as I have the right to believe that “anyone” who says things like “call yourself a supporter”, “You know nothing about football” or uses “Fact” to end the point that they are trying to make, In my eyes they have already lost
      The debate

If you and others can not understand were some of us are coming from then you never will, because you are living live the past

The club tried to push on by selling to H+G, who almost put us out of business (glasgow rangers\leeds style).

Im for ever grateful for FSG rescuing us from death. We are now slowly building foundations financially and commerically and property wise too, the stadium expansion will help wih our progress over the next 20-50 years.

The trophies will come back, but we have a lot more competion than we used to have, and there is a lot of money now, we used to be able to buy the best players no probs b4 the EPL, now we are fighting with all of the EPL teams, german, french, Italy, spanish leagues for the top players.

Its a great time to be a footi fan of an EPL team, just be glad we are not in league 2 fighting our way back up the league.

slowly slowly my friend.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #833: Aug 27, 2015 12:37:28 pm

If you don't like what you see you know what to do fella, go join the rest of the no marks, and haters of this club.

Was going to reply to your post till I read that...

You clearly want the club to become as rich as City and Chelsea. So why don't you march outside the gates at Anfield demanding a Sugar Daddy owner? It's not what I want or many other supporters but clearly that's what you want.

The point I am making is that yes, all Liverpool Supporters would love a "Sugar Daddy" as you put, so why then do we (LFC)
      moan about the clubs that have one a claim that they are buying success when we would do the same thing in  a heartbeat?

Ok pal you support the club the way you see fit the rest of us living in the real world will support the club the way it deserves to be.

ooohh! Goody... a new one..... I'll just file that with "Call yourself a Liverpool supporter" and "Go support another club"
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #834: Aug 27, 2015 12:47:01 pm

Where the f**k were Chavs, Shitty. Arse. Mancs, spuds or any other F**kin English top division team when Liverpool Football Club won the European Cup,  1977, 1978, 1981,1984 , and again in 2005. And before you spout off about it being called Champions league it's the same F**kin tournament with a different hat on,

Your attitude is typically of what is wrong with the modern so called supporter,  it's typical of a chav, Shitty, manc, Arse or F**kin spud fan who hate the thought that their clubs will never surpass what our club has achieved, you say we are living in the past. Well so f***in what,  who else is going to look back and bask in our total domination of European football, who else is going to look back with immense pride of what this club won and what other clubs can only F**kin dream of,

And how F**kin dare you tarnish the very memories of those fans who scrimped and saved every F**kin penny they earned so as they could travel all over Europe and SUPPORT the very club you are too quick to diss,  how dare you take away the pleasure to look back and reminisce and tell their grandkids about their heroes,

Get over it fuckstick cos it's part and parcel of what this club stands for.

If you fail to acknowledge that then you have no standing on this forum and more to the point no right to call yourself a supporter of this fantastic football club.

YNWA

See if you can cast your mind way back in time to, er, last monday, when we played Arsenal . Because that is what we're meant to be talking about instead of listening to you " The Witch finder General" .
      Jesus!! you sound like you wear a pair of LFC  Y FRONTS 3  sizes too small , just so that you can feel the the club deeper inside you after every step.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #835: Aug 27, 2015 12:50:17 pm
      Was going to reply to your post till I read that...

The point I am making is that yes, all Liverpool Supporters would love a "Sugar Daddy" as you put, so why then do we (LFC)
      moan about the clubs that have one a claim that they are buying success when we would do the same thing in  a heartbeat?

ooohh! Goody... a new one..... I'll just file that with "Call yourself a Liverpool supporter" and "Go support another club"

I never have and never will want a Sugar Daddy running this club I have stated that in many posts on this forum over the last 6 years detailing my reasons for this.

And I know I am not alone in this regard.

So please don't include us supporters in your generalisation of what you believe "all Liverpool Supporters would love".
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #836: Aug 27, 2015 02:19:33 pm
      I never have and never will want a Sugar Daddy running this club I have stated that in many posts on this forum over the last 6 years detailing my reasons for this.

So please don't include us supporters in your generalisation of what you believe "all Liverpool Supporters would love".
      I do not mind apologizing when I am wrong, but I was not privy to any of your post prior to  14th April this year as it was then that I started to post hear, and i should have said, as I did in earlier post "Nearly All Liverpool Supporters" Thanks for pointing that out
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #837: Aug 27, 2015 04:47:23 pm
      Its not bad for a club who are in a 20 year slump.

Did the mancs win that much in thier 26 year wait ? Don't think so, they got relegated in thier dodgy period. ;D

some people think we have a right to Silverware but we do not. My Dad used to tell me how the Evertonians would always say "talk to us when you have won the FA Cup" and a club that started in 1892 took 73 years to win it.
      Even the great man himself went several years without silver ware but we went close as long as we are competetive then thats all we can ask for the Silverware will follow.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #838: Aug 27, 2015 05:33:13 pm

How long in this current incarnation of the old division one (The Premier League); can we dining out on that? Remember Utd are only one prefect run away from that fifth star, and then it will tarnish some of the shine that we currently have on that bragging right……

They have more chance of achieving winning the CL than we do, because they are in the CL year in, year out. While we have to fight it out for a Europa League spot, in the mean time they scrap it out for the PL title every season
      Arsenal, City, and Chelsea can all boast about winning multi-pal Premier League Titles, were as we can only say that we can close twice… It is sad really
      Bragging about past achievements is fine; just so long as they can be backed up with current ones

The mancs are two perfect runs from equalling our record five(5) CL trophies having only won three, not four which you for some reason are convinced is a reality.
      A situation that drove Slur Alex to alcohol abuse, dementia and retirement; they are currently light years from looking capable of winning that trophy making a total of 4, how many more light years have to pass before equalling LFC's magnificent tally.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #839: Aug 27, 2015 06:26:58 pm

The debate

Look fella, we have history a majority of fans can look back with pride, success goes in cycles, name me a club globally that has sustained a continuous vain of success,

Even the richest biggest clubs go through transformation, real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munchen, Accrington Stanley,?

mancs took 26 yrs to regain top English status,  F**k knows how long plastic chavs took, don't f***in care tbh, same with shitty,  Arse have a "we're happy in 4th" mentality and will never win the Epl as long Wenger has a hole in his Arse that function's,

You state that Scum have 4 big ears, F**k me fella are you sure you support Lfc, or are ya closet manc, with delusions of grandeur,

We all wish we could win the Epl every F**k year, we all wish we could compete in the CL year on year but do you know what mate, we're trying, we're getting there bit by bit, and when we do win the title our 19th, when we do bring home our friend big ears for a sixth time. It will taste all the sweeter for not relying on a Arab or Russian sugardaddy,

There is F**k all wrong in basking in our past glories,  we are not living in the past we're just educating those who don't know what it means to be successful, is that so wrong or not the modern way,

In years to come I sincerely hope you can sit and reminisce our successes with your kin, it's then that you will realise why we "living in the past " generation wax lyrical about our history.

YNWA
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #840: Aug 27, 2015 09:00:17 pm
      The mancs are two perfect runs from equalling our record five(5) CL trophies having only won three, not four which you for some reason are convinced is a reality.
      A situation that drove Slur Alex to alcohol abuse, dementia and retirement; they are currently light years from looking capable of winning that trophy making a total of 4, how many more light years have to pass before equalling LFC's magnificent tally.
      Thanks for the correction stuey   :)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #841: Aug 27, 2015 09:06:40 pm

You certainly ain't, I too have stated this, several times.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #842: Aug 27, 2015 09:54:18 pm

No worries mate.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #843: Aug 28, 2015 03:26:28 am
      You certainly ain't, I too have stated this, several times.

I'd never want us to do that. Buy De Bruyne for 50 mill, Sterling for 50 mill or 40 mill for Stone. They don't behave like a business. No this is individuals displaying their belief that they own football, and they bring joy to the masses by virtue of their wealth. It is pure control.

Work hard, develop the youth, have a philosophy and try to win trophies  with the support of real fans.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #844: Aug 28, 2015 06:12:11 am
      I'd never want us to do that. Buy De Bruyne for 50 mill, Sterling for 50 mill or 40 mill for Stone. They don't behave like a business. No this is individuals displaying their belief that they own football, and they bring joy to the masses by virtue of their wealth. It is pure control.

Work hard, develop the youth, have a philosophy and try to win trophies  with the support of real fans.

Nah, sugar daddy, rich arab or russian gangster . Whats the difference?  As long as they put their money in and we can compete. Thats all that matters.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #845: Aug 28, 2015 08:14:30 am
      Nah, sugar daddy, rich arab or russian gangster . Whats the difference?  As long as they put their money in and we can compete. Thats all that matters.

Nah, we'll leave that kind of thing for the little clubs.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #846: Aug 28, 2015 12:16:54 pm
      All this talk of sugar daddy's oil barons etc there was a time when we used to buy the best players or have we forgot that , what difference does it make where it comes from if your buying the best .
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #847: Aug 28, 2015 05:16:20 pm
      All this talk of sugar daddy's oil barons etc there was a time when we used to buy the best players or have we forgot that , what difference does it make where it comes from if your buying the best .

Thats it, it doesn't matter as long as quality is brought in .And NOBODY would complain about where the money came as long as we were successful .

Its a business and we are customers. You pay your money and you want a return on it.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #848: Aug 28, 2015 06:00:07 pm

Well, I have moral problems with the owners of Man City and would frown upon anything that blood money is spent on, football related or not. I don't really know enough about Abramovich but I would be stunned if he were totally clean. So it does make a difference. If Primark bought Liverpool I'd have a huge issue supporting the team if they spent millions of pounds earned through child labour (they have even been accused of slave labour), even if they won us several titles I would actively campaign against the owners.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #849: Aug 28, 2015 06:44:01 pm
      Nah, we'll leave that kind of thing for the little clubs.

Who then become big successful clubs?
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #850: Aug 28, 2015 06:50:45 pm
      Well, I have moral problems with the owners of Man City and would frown upon anything that blood money is spent on, football related or not. I don't really know enough about Abramovich but I would be stunned if he were totally clean. So it does make a difference. If Primark bought Liverpool I'd have a huge issue supporting the team if they spent millions of pounds earned through child labour (they have even been accused of slave labour), even if they won us several titles I would actively campaign against the owners.

You wouldn't , if we started winning league titles? You might feel a guilty twinge when discussing the morals of football, but , success would dilute that angst to the back burner.
      It's not a slight on you , it's just human nature.

Quick Reply