Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Lazar Markovic (Fenerbahçe - loan)

Read 13229 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Lazar Markovic (Fenerbahçe - loan)
      Aug 27, 2015 09:53:37 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Re: Lazar Markovic (Fenerbahçe - loan)
      Reply #1: Aug 27, 2015 09:57:14 pm
      Nice waste of 20m there, doubt we'll ever see him in a Liverpool shirt again now.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #2: Aug 27, 2015 10:13:55 pm
      He was useless last season.

Will losing him have a negative impact on our season? No chance.

Hope he smashes it out there and comes back a top player.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Aug 27, 2015 10:16:34 pm
      I wonder how much of his wages we'll be paying.   ???
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Aug 27, 2015 10:18:54 pm
      It surprises me but also doesn't at the same time as our squad is pretty big. His opportunities have been few and far between and I'm not sure why other players keep getting game time but he doesn't. The only time he got game time was at right wing back which is ridiculous.

Ibe, Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino are our remaining attacking midfielders so we're not exactly thin on the ground and with Sturridge coming back soon (fingers crossed) the manager may opt to go 2 up top. As long as he's going to get game time and he's not going to chill on the bench every week then it's not a bad deal for all parties.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5: Aug 27, 2015 10:35:50 pm
      Unusual... okay.

I guess we're not going to be playing him anyway.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #6: Aug 27, 2015 10:36:03 pm
      Markovic is only 21 but at the age where he needs regular first team football to mature as a footballer.

There is a top player in there so let's hope he has a stormer of a season in Turkey and makes a statement of intent to be made part of Brendan's first team plans next season.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #7: Aug 27, 2015 10:40:46 pm
      Markovic is only 21 but at the age where he needs regular first team football to mature as a footballer.

There is a top player in there so let's hope he has a stormer of a season in Turkey and makes a statement of intent to be made part of Brendan's first team plans next season.

Agree with all but when do they ever really come back after 20mil was spent on them then treated like sh*te. So strange he never got his chance.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #8: Aug 27, 2015 10:51:24 pm
      Agree with all but when do they ever really come back after 20mil was spent on them then treated like sh*te. So strange he never got his chance.

I think Brendan feels Ibe is learning faster than Lazar and as he wants both players to play regularly this season he had to make a call on which one to send out on loan.

This will be a make or break season for Lazar's future with us. If he takes the Turkish league by storm then Brendan will have no excuse not to play him next season. Then we will really know if the lad was ever given a fair chance.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #9: Aug 27, 2015 11:02:51 pm
      I understand the need for him to get minutes, but I think this is a bit of an odd move. Let him those minutes here by playing the full 90 in Europa and League Cup in his natural position.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #10: Aug 27, 2015 11:06:40 pm
      I think Brendan feels Ibe is learning faster than Lazar and as he wants both players to play regularly this season he had to make a call on which one to send out on loan.

This will be a make or break season for Lazar's future with us. If he takes the Turkish league by storm then Brendan will have no excuse not to play him next season. Then we will really know if the lad was ever given a fair chance.

The worrying thing is, when you look at Ibe's form, then that makes the attacking options more vulnerable if Markovic is gone.

I'm very surprised and disappointed at Markovic going on loan - I thought he could do a job for us in the Europa League in particular. I really don't think Brendan's given the lad a proper chance. It's not his fault that a culmination of f**k ups in last season led to him being forced into a position at right back or right wing, when naturally he plays better in the middle, which he was never given a chance at.

He won us that match at Sunderland, looked decent and that home match against Basle where he impressed off the bench (before being sent off) to the point I think his impact could have seen us turn things around in that game.

Mightily disappointed in the way the club have handled him since arriving to the club.

The question now is who will deputise for him. Off the top off my head we have Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana, Ibe. Considering three of those four start, isn't that pretty thin on the ground? Unless we give the youth like Teixera a shot?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Aug 27, 2015 11:08:31 pm
      I understand the need for him to get minutes, but I think this is a bit of an odd move. Let him those minutes here by playing the full 90 in Europa and League Cup in his natural position.

If he's to develop properly then he needs more games than that. I'd still prefer to have loaned out Ibe.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #12: Aug 27, 2015 11:11:47 pm
      It's a bizaare situation where a season later, the manager has Jordan Rossiter in his first team plans (naturally delighted for that) whereas a £20 million signing of last summer can't. Would have believed it to be roles reversed.

A scathing indictment from Brendan on the committee there.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #13: Aug 27, 2015 11:12:33 pm
      Well that's out of the blue, I hope it's not £20M spunked up the wall.
      Probably a case for Ibe going out on loan before Lazar, all very strange.
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2015 11:22:42 pm by HScRed1 »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #14: Aug 27, 2015 11:47:19 pm

Agree.

I think there would have been enough games before January to see ho he developed.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15: Aug 28, 2015 12:09:42 am
      Agree.

I think there would have been enough games before January to see ho he developed.

Same here. Surprised and to be honest a wee bit disappointed about this. I think he has a hell of a lot of potential and is tremendously gifted. I would have loved to see him improve and in the process shut the doubters up. Now I doubt whether we'll ever see him in our shirt again. I think the board and management would happily take around 15m for him.

I hope we haven't been too hasty. I fear we have.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #16: Aug 28, 2015 02:25:32 am
      LFC was a gigantic move for young Lazar. Let's try to put all the simplistic bullshit to the side, like "we spent 20 mil and he was good for Benfica so logically he should be better than Ibe who is an academy player" - the fact is he's a kid just like Ibe, but he comes from a totally different place and we can see the fragility in Markovic, he isn't some Suarez from the streets. Obviously a loan back to a "lesser" league shows us how daunting the move has probably been and how he needs a season to regain confidence in himself, knowing he is a Liverpool player with a Liverpool future IF he gets it right.

The good news is we should be getting a replacement in for this season. I am pretty excited about that. It should be someone mature ready to make an impact. I hope we get someone real classy.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #17: Aug 28, 2015 02:28:44 am
      LFC was a gigantic move for young Lazar. Let's try to put all the simplistic bullshit to the side, like "we spent 20 mil and he was good for Benfica so logically he should be better than Ibe who is an academy player" - the fact is he's a kid just like Ibe, but he comes from a totally different place and we can see the fragility in Markovic, he isn't some Suarez from the streets. Obviously a loan back to a "lesser" league shows us how daunting the move has probably been and how he needs a season to regain confidence in himself, knowing he is a Liverpool player with a Liverpool future IF he gets it right.

The good news is we should be getting a replacement in for this season. I am pretty excited about that. It should be someone mature ready to make an impact. I hope we get someone real classy.

Certainly something that many fans take for granted. There's significantly more pressure on young Marko to perform than there ever is on Ibe. Hopefully a season away will do him some good, must say though that I really wish it wasn't in Turkey. Really won't do him much good there, and I think that if some lesser PL clubs knew he was available for a loan, they may have snapped him up depending on the wages. Would've been much better off. Or even a loan back to the Portuguese league.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #18: Aug 28, 2015 03:31:29 am
      I'm not really all that surprised. I just hope he does well on his loan so we can recoup some of the money spent on him because I can't see him ever playing for us again.....
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #19: Aug 28, 2015 04:42:33 am
      He won't be a bad signing. Only Rafa made bad signings in the EPL according to the media.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #20: Aug 28, 2015 06:09:24 am
      So, who will be held reponsible for absolutely wasting 20 mil on him ?

BTW he was never being played in his natural position. He scored some goals, and really showed potential, what a disaster.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #21: Aug 28, 2015 06:56:45 am
      andy carroll was a disaster. loaning out a 20 year old isn't. calm your knickers little girl
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #22: Aug 28, 2015 08:22:32 am
      Too bad,he rarely played in his natural position and id no get a real chance to show what he could do.I hope i will see him back in the Reds shirt again.

Quick Reply