Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Lazar Markovic (Fenerbahçe - loan)

Read 13220 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Re: Lazar Markovic (Fenerbahçe - loan)
      Reply #46: Aug 28, 2015 04:33:16 pm
      If running is the prerequisite then Lallana wins. Comfortably the harder worker.

Markovic hasn't made the bench in the first couple weeks. It's clear Brendan doesn't want him. People will have their theories because they live in tin foil hats but when someone is sh*te, they deserve to be moved on.

I hope he can find some form and return a quality player but, in my opinion, i don't think he's capable of being good enough based on last season.

I'm sure if Lallana, Firmino or Coutinho were asked to play as wing backs they would have been sh*te.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Aug 28, 2015 05:00:06 pm
      I'm sure if Lallana, Firmino or Coutinho were asked to play as wing backs they would have been sh*te.

Coutinho has played centre mid, on the left, on the right and even as striker and still looked terrific. But it's not that i'm worried about. It's his actual ability on the ball.

I'm basing my opinion on Lazar from last season because i wasn't blessed to watch him at Benfica or Partizan. He is quick with the ball and that is it. He can't pass, can't shoot, and he runs in to dead ends every time unless the defence opens up in front of him.

He's not a smart player, and he doesn't make up for his lack of creativity with any sort of hard work or pressure on the opposition.

He is a poor footballer who cost a lot of money. You might think otherwise, which is fair enough, but all i can judge is on what i have seen.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #48: Aug 28, 2015 05:22:24 pm
      Coutinho has played centre mid, on the left, on the right and even as striker and still looked terrific. But it's not that i'm worried about. It's his actual ability on the ball.

I'm basing my opinion on Lazar from last season because i wasn't blessed to watch him at Benfica or Partizan. He is quick with the ball and that is it. He can't pass, can't shoot, and he runs in to dead ends every time unless the defence opens up in front of him.

He's not a smart player, and he doesn't make up for his lack of creativity with any sort of hard work or pressure on the opposition.

He is a poor footballer who cost a lot of money. You might think otherwise, which is fair enough, but all i can judge is on what i have seen.

How can you judge Markovic on factors such as:

*Bad signings like Balotelli destabilising the squad
      *As a result, the manager's constant change in tactics and formation (too many changes last season for my liking)
      *Which resulted in him being played as a wing back, or restricted out wide
      *Never being given a role in his ideal position
      *Never got a good run out in the squad
      *Finally, as a 21 year old, surely its only fair to give him leeway in taking time to adapt to the Premier League

There were sh*t performers last season - far greater concerns over the performances of some players than Markovic, there's no need to scapegoat him as a reason. I watched him play in the Europa League for Benfica prior to coming to Liverpool, and he was excellent - particularly against Tottenham at White Heart Lane. You cannot judge a player properly who is so low on confidence, arriving in a completely different league and being forced out of position time and time and time again.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #49: Aug 28, 2015 05:23:32 pm
      Of all the Suarez money spent on attacking talent only Lallana left and you could argue he is not a first choice.

Scandalous waste of money and opportunity to develop the first team!

Whoever was directing how the Suarez fee was spent must shoulder the blame for signing potential to replace genius.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #50: Aug 28, 2015 05:29:32 pm
      Never understood this signing in the first place and was skeptical throughout the whole process. He didn't even look good in his obligatory Youtube videos.

Terrible signing. Average player. He will find his level at Turkey and we will move on.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #51: Aug 28, 2015 06:12:07 pm
      Never understood this signing in the first place and was skeptical throughout the whole process. He didn't even look good in his obligatory Youtube videos.

Terrible signing. Average player. He will find his level at Turkey and we will move on.

Bit harsh. A 19 year old who makes the EL team of the season clearly has a lot of potential. He may or may not fullfil that potential but there is definitely talent in there.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #52: Aug 28, 2015 07:41:00 pm
      Another of last seasons shocker of a transfer window to be leaving the club then. To think, he cost £1mill less than Pedro.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #53: Aug 28, 2015 10:11:59 pm
      To think, he cost £1mill less than Pedro.

Pretty stark alright.

Can only hope he finds some kahunas on his loan spell and comes back a prospect ...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #54: Aug 28, 2015 10:16:26 pm
      Bit harsh. A 19 year old who makes the EL team of the season clearly has a lot of potential. He may or may not fullfil that potential but there is definitely talent in there.

Totally agree
      A loan out is a good move for him
      Only wish it had been within the premiership.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #55: Aug 28, 2015 11:35:32 pm
      Can't say I have seen much evidence of how wonderful a player Markovic is. Huge disappointment so far. At least he is young enough to hold out some hope for, but more likely he will be yet another player that is quietly sold off for a huge loss.   

It would probably have been better to just give Suarez to Barca and ask them could they give him back when they have finished with him, than to sign the players we signed in his stead :)
      « Last Edit: Aug 29, 2015 12:36:29 am by s@int »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #56: Aug 28, 2015 11:56:22 pm
      Pretty stark alright.

Can only hope he finds some kahunas on his loan spell and comes back a prospect ...

It's an odd one, he looked quite decent in pre-season and seemed to find a bit of confidence by being played in a more natural position but now he's a forgotten man. Personally I have never really rated him as good enough for what we paid so I'm not going to lose any sleep over him going but it's just another indication of just how badly the club went about transfers last season and I don't think we will ever understand why we are willing to pay such a fee for the likes of Markovic but wont go for the likes of Pedro. who is cheaper than Lallana and basically the same price as Lovren, Markovic etc.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #57: Aug 29, 2015 02:47:34 am
      How can you judge Markovic on factors such as:

*Bad signings like Balotelli destabilising the squad
      *As a result, the manager's constant change in tactics and formation (too many changes last season for my liking)
      *Which resulted in him being played as a wing back, or restricted out wide
      *Never being given a role in his ideal position
      *Never got a good run out in the squad
      *Finally, as a 21 year old, surely its only fair to give him leeway in taking time to adapt to the Premier League

There were sh*t performers last season - far greater concerns over the performances of some players than Markovic, there's no need to scapegoat him as a reason. I watched him play in the Europa League for Benfica prior to coming to Liverpool, and he was excellent - particularly against Tottenham at White Heart Lane. You cannot judge a player properly who is so low on confidence, arriving in a completely different league and being forced out of position time and time and time again.

Why are you going off on all these tangents instead of accepting i don't rate him?

I can judge the lad because he was sh*te when he started, sh*te when he finished the season and he's out on loan at a Turkish club a season later.

In my opinion from watching him i think he's crap.

Fans these days do my head in. There's always a reason or excuse for someone failing and if i don't accept that i'm wrong and a horrible person for being so nasty to him? Give off.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #58: Aug 29, 2015 09:28:01 am
      I've honestly got no idea if Markovic is crap or not. I've never seen him play in his best position, and I don't think he's been given a fair shot to be honest.
      Forgetting the fee spent on him, if he was signed based on his performances in Portugal, then it seems ridiculous that he wasn't given the chance to play in the same manner here.
      The lad has speed and dribbling in abundance, from what we saw there didn't appear to be an end product though, but the same could be said of Ibe to be fair.
      A loan move might well.be the best thing for his career, but I'm not sure if it will be of any benefit to us, building a squad is just as important as building a first team, our squad could get dangerously thin if we suffer a few injuries, and keeping letting Marko go could come back haunt us.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #59: Aug 29, 2015 10:23:30 am
      Why are you going off on all these tangents instead of accepting i don't rate him?

I can judge the lad because he was sh*te when he started, sh*te when he finished the season and he's out on loan at a Turkish club a season later.

In my opinion from watching him i think he's crap.

Fans these days do my head in. There's always a reason or excuse for someone failing and if i don't accept that i'm wrong and a horrible person for being so nasty to him? Give off.

When people said the same thing about Lovren, Moreno or even Emre Can (at times), you all said that they need time to settle, to gel with their mates, especially about Moreno, but it seems that Markovic isn't afforded time to settle in, even though he is young and he was played out of position on numerous occasions while all of his teammates underperformed, bar Coutinho. How can you expect him to perform better in a toxic enviroment ? If the team was playing brilliant footballl and he was the only one who was sh*te, then you could have a point.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #60: Aug 29, 2015 01:01:00 pm
      When people said the same thing about Lovren, Moreno or even Emre Can (at times), you all said that they need time to settle, to gel with their mates, especially about Moreno, but it seems that Markovic isn't afforded time to settle in, even though he is young and he was played out of position on numerous occasions while all of his teammates underperformed, bar Coutinho. How can you expect him to perform better in a toxic enviroment ? If the team was playing brilliant footballl and he was the only one who was sh*te, then you could have a point.

F**k off George show me where i said that about Lovren, Can and more specifically Moreno.

I said it a month in to his career here, Moreno is worryingly bad. He scored that goal and people think of that every time they mention his name but overlook he is woeful defensively, can't pass, can't cross and is so easy to read for opposition defenders and attackers.

With Emre you can see the talent. Even if he was struggling you can see it in him he has ability. Markovic and Moreno are sh*te because once you close them down they don't know what to do. If they had the talent they'd show a bit of composure on the ball but no.

It amazes me how two lads who people have watched probably a collective 5 matches between every member on here for the both of them prior to them signing are getting all this sympathy about how they're so talented but they have shown none of that while they are here. I wonder why....might be because they're young and exotic and carry big price tags so they must be good!

The pair of them could be sold for a bag of nuts and i'd be delighted with our return.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #61: Aug 29, 2015 08:37:59 pm
      F**k off George show me where i said that about Lovren, Can and more specifically Moreno.

I said it a month in to his career here, Moreno is worryingly bad. He scored that goal and people think of that every time they mention his name but overlook he is woeful defensively, can't pass, can't cross and is so easy to read for opposition defenders and attackers.

With Emre you can see the talent. Even if he was struggling you can see it in him he has ability. Markovic and Moreno are sh*te because once you close them down they don't know what to do. If they had the talent they'd show a bit of composure on the ball but no.

It amazes me how two lads who people have watched probably a collective 5 matches between every member on here for the both of them prior to them signing are getting all this sympathy about how they're so talented but they have shown none of that while they are here. I wonder why....might be because they're young and exotic and carry big price tags so they must be good!

The pair of them could be sold for a bag of nuts and i'd be delighted with our return.

I wasn't speaking about you, but about what was the general consesus around here.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #62: Aug 29, 2015 09:45:51 pm
      Hmm, I'm just wondering if this transfer would have been made if they knew what was to happen today.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #63: Aug 30, 2015 01:48:11 am
      Hmm, I'm just wondering if this transfer would have been made if they knew what was to happen today.

Don't think it would have mattered if he played or not to be honest...the problem is different than just one pacy winger.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #64: Aug 30, 2015 01:49:15 am
      Don't think it would have mattered if he played or not to be honest...the problem is different than just one pacy winger.
      The problem is two non pacy no brain CB's.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #65: Aug 30, 2015 09:15:07 am
      Well, bizarre to say the least - why on earth he hasent gone to another EPL club is beyond me... Lazar could be a top player, there is a top player in there somewhere. Reality is that we wont see it in a Liverpool shirt now unless there are serious changes at the club.

Looking at the Ballo saga, this loan and there are clear issues between the transfer committee and the manager - club is a bit of a mess to be honest.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #66: Aug 30, 2015 09:26:10 am
      Nice waste of 20m there, doubt we'll ever see him in a Liverpool shirt again now.
      Agreed Chats.

I can't deny that I had high hopes for the kid but (yet again) transfers like this [young, 'with potential', easily paid] only serve to highlight the false economy nature of the club's, finance based, transfer policy... in my opinion, of course.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #67: Aug 30, 2015 09:51:20 am
      Agreed Chats.

I can't deny that I had high hopes for the kid but (yet again) transfers like this [young, 'with potential', easily paid] only serve to highlight the false economy nature of the club's, finance based, transfer policy... in my opinion, of course.

So he's been written off after a few games at wing back?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #68: Aug 30, 2015 10:00:25 am
      So he's been written off after a few games at wing back?

It appears he has by Brendan and / or the paymasters.

Personally think we should keep him at the club, I have very little faith in Lallana in an attacking role and Ibe has seemingly flattered to deceive.

Quick Reply