Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      10 (13.5%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      4 (5.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (2.7%)
      James Milner
      14 (18.9%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      10 (13.5%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      2 (2.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (4.1%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (1.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.4%)
      Danny Ings
      25 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Sep 03, 2015 10:33:06 pm

Liverpool 0-3 West Ham United: In game and Post Match Despair

Read 49001 times
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Re: Liverpool 0-3 West Ham United: In game and Post Match Despair
      Reply #621: Aug 30, 2015 01:09:41 am
      We were disappointing today,” Rodgers said at his post-match press conference.

No sh*t.

“Once we conceded that early goal, we just couldn't get back into the game again. Our overall performance with and without the ball will be much better in the future.

I hope he is not just saying this,hope there is some truth in this.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #622: Aug 30, 2015 01:18:35 am
      Our overall performance with and without the ball will be much better in the future.”

What assurance do we have that it "WILL" happen if he persists with a slow and weak 3-man midfield combo  and attack without a purpose and kept deploying Ben alone inside the box?

“Once we conceded that early goal, we just couldn't get back into the game again."

How does he expects to get back into the game when he continue to use the Wimbledon tactics, even after 2 goals down. Only when Moreno gets more involved in midfield and somewhat derailed the hammers attacking threats and Ings brought in to assist Ben that we saw some urgency and threat created inside Hammer's box. 
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #623: Aug 30, 2015 01:21:29 am
      Our overall performance with and without the ball will be much better in the future.”

What assurance do we have that it "WILL" happen if he persists with a slow and weak 3-man midfield combo  and attack without a purpose and kept deploying Ben alone inside the box?
      I dont know what else we can do than to trust him and hope next game will be much better,especially we are playing against mancs.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #624: Aug 30, 2015 01:24:05 am
      I dont know what else we can do than to trust him and hope next game will be much better,especially we are playing against mancs.

The most worrying thing is does BR even knows what's wrong with his tactics in the first place and does he has the experience and courage  to make major revamp in his tactics?  We were totally lost in the final third, knowing too well West ham will park the bus. Opposition fans have started labeling us as Wimbledon II. Am i angry? No, we are indeed in that mould at the moment except Wimbledon does it better.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #625: Aug 30, 2015 01:27:56 am
      The most worrying thing is does BR even knows what's wrong with his tactics in the first place and does he has the experience to make major revamp in his tactics?  We were totally lost in the final third, knowing too well West ham will park the bus.
      Its easy to be a general after the battle is over.
      He did what he thinked was the best for the team and happened what happened...
      I dont know why but i like this guy and i trust him things will be better.
      I dont know what else us,the "common" people that have no influence on the tactis and team selection could do.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #626: Aug 30, 2015 01:39:42 am
      Its easy to be a general after the battle is over.
      He did what he thinked was the best for the team and happened what happened...
      I dont know why but i like this guy and i trust him things will be better.
      I dont know what else us,the "common" people that have no influence on the tactis and team selection could do.

I honestly believe and i also trust that BR does not set the team out to loose, that is treason.

But he has so much believe in his own tactics, formation and selection of players that he still stubbornly believes that it will work.

The sad thing is the shell shocked face in Benteke during and after the game while I don't blame him for a second and I will also not blame Ben for the lack of effort while I really pity him, as some said here he has no support and no one supporting him off the 2nd ball while he is expected to wrestle pass 5 or 7 defenders crowding around him to score. It's simply attacking without a purpose.

We can't do a thing, BR has simply imprisoned himself with the belief in his own tactics that it will work  unless he can take the shackles off and look at the players and tactics differently to make it more effective and exploit the players strengths to the fullest. His destiny and fate is in his own hands.

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #627: Aug 30, 2015 01:48:00 am
      I honestly believe and i also trust that BR does not set the team out to loose, that is treason.

But he has so much believe in his own tactics, formation and selection of players that he still stubbornly believes that it will work.

The sad thing is the shell shocked face in Benteke during and after the game while I don't blame him for a second and I will also not blame Ben for the lack of effort while I really pity him, as some said here he has no support and no one supporting him off the 2nd ball while he is expected to wrestle pass 5 or 7 defenders crowding around him to score. It's simply attacking without a purpose.

We can't do a thing, BR has simply imprisoned himself with the belief in his own tactics that it will work  unless he can take the shackles off and look at the players and tactics differently to make it more effective and exploit the players strengths to the fullest. His destiny and fate is in his own hands.
      I did not watched the game so i have no idea how we played.But to play with one forward against the team like West Ham in fron of our own fans was rubish.

I dont know how long he will force that tactic with one forward.

Stubborn fella he is :D
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #628: Aug 30, 2015 02:27:27 am
      That was horrible to watch.
      Worst fears realised...teams park the bus and we have no answers. I was hoping that we would see some change jn tactics and formation playing at home but BR persisted with the one striker again.
      My concern for this season was always our over reliance on Coutinho and we need more variety in our attacking play. That is sadly still lacking.
      At least we should be able to beat the Mancs coz this system is suited to playing counter attacking football and this will give the coaching staff some respite after what will be a tough international break.

We should have done alot better, very disjointed performance from back to front. Hopefully the team does a complete turnaround next game.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #629: Aug 30, 2015 04:33:33 am
      Our biggest issues are Skrtel and Lovren. They are both equally liabilities. I wanted to think that Lovren had improved, but more than likely it was just that he wasn't really tested. Neither of them were able to organize the defense, neither can communicate, and both made detrimental mistakes (which is bound to happen with the two of them back there).

Skrtel is defended by many and he's had some quality games with us, but on the whole he's consistently too edgy to be a top club's center back. He looks good at times with his sliding clearances and timely headers, but he's a walking liability in my opinion. Would really like to see Ilori and Sakho given a game back there together at some point with Lucas in front of them. Understand that's a bit knee-jerk, but this game was a little too reminiscent to last season for comfort.

Next is the fact that our team is yet to adjust to Benteke's style of play. Can't blame him for much today, he was doubled up all day and not only could our midfielders not find him, but they were clueless to the fact of: if he's doubled, then someone else must be open. He's a good striker, certainly capable of bagging goals, but needs to get the right service, and our team looks completely incapable of providing it up to now.

Brendan needs to wake up and smell the coffee and he needs to do it quick, I was positive until this result due to the fact that we were still bagging the points, but the play this far really hasn't been worthy of note.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #630: Aug 30, 2015 05:09:02 am
      Our biggest issues are Skrtel and Lovren. They are both equally liabilities. I wanted to think that Lovren had improved, but more than likely it was just that he wasn't really tested. Neither of them were able to organize the defense, neither can communicate, and both made detrimental mistakes (which is bound to happen with the two of them back there).

Skrtel is defended by many and he's had some quality games with us, but on the whole he's consistently too edgy to be a top club's center back. He looks good at times with his sliding clearances and timely headers, but he's a walking liability in my opinion. Would really like to see Ilori and Sakho given a game back there together at some point with Lucas in front of them. Understand that's a bit knee-jerk, but this game was a little too reminiscent to last season for comfort.

Next is the fact that our team is yet to adjust to Benteke's style of play. Can't blame him for much today, he was doubled up all day and not only could our midfielders not find him, but they were clueless to the fact of: if he's doubled, then someone else must be open. He's a good striker, certainly capable of bagging goals, but needs to get the right service, and our team looks completely incapable of providing it up to now.

Brendan needs to wake up and smell the coffee and he needs to do it quick, I was positive until this result due to the fact that we were still bagging the points, but the play this far really hasn't been worthy of note.

The biggest problem for me personally is a lack of any midfield strength in front of them, Lucas is about it!! That area is the one part that needs strengthening before the window shuts. The two centre-backs panic because when West Ham attacked today they basically strode through what should of been our midfield.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #631: Aug 30, 2015 05:53:14 am
      The biggest problem for me personally is a lack of any midfield strength in front of them, Lucas is about it!! That area is the one part that needs strengthening before the window shuts. The two centre-backs panic because when West Ham attacked today they basically strode through what should of been our midfield.

Valid point. Something that I emphasized before the season started, especially when we anticipated that Lucas was classified as surplus to requirements. But I agree with you. A player with some real grit, but still capable on the ball would go a long way in our squad.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #632: Aug 30, 2015 07:18:43 am
      Omen?

Last time we lost to West Ham at Anfield in '63, we went on to win the league.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/west-ham-beat-liverpool-anfield-6346918

Clutching at straws here.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #633: Aug 30, 2015 07:40:38 am
      Omen?

Last time we lost to West Ham at Anfield in '63, we went on to win the league.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/west-ham-beat-liverpool-anfield-6346918

Clutching at straws here.
      They are just taking the piss.Look at their poll at the end.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #634: Aug 30, 2015 07:47:25 am
      They are just taking the piss.Look at their poll at the end.

F**k. Missed that. Cheaky twunts.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #635: Aug 30, 2015 07:52:41 am
      Where do you start with that.  Selection? Attitude and effort? Formation? Individual errors?

Lovren will rightly get a shellacking for the 2nd, but after the first three games probably deserved to start.  The big call now is does he keep his place - most will think not, but we don't pick the team.

As for the first, I don't think Skrtel was the only one at fault.  Clyne was too close to him when he made the header, giving the man coming in too much space and Gomez didn't react quickly enough when it came over.  On Gomez - I like the lad but he is not a left back, and that shows most when he gets forward and has no left foot. 

We seemed flat throughout, and the intensity never really seemed to lift.  I don't think their keeper made a save in the first half and then maybe one in the second and that is not acceptable at home.

We have a good idea how teams will set up against us and playing one up front in home games plays into teams hands in my opinion.  Any time Benteke did get a ball into him there was no one close enough to get the second ball, and they cleared with ease.  Firmino looks way off the pace as yet and needs to adapt quickly - he obviously has the talent just needs to get up to speed.

Do we miss the energy and enthusiasm of Hendo more than people think?

The simple answer to your final point is - YES. And big time.

That in itself is no excuse for today.

Just poor all over the pitch and on the sidelines.

Never ever acceptable to lose three diddly to anyone, anyone..........but at Anfield and to that West Ham team?

Criminal.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #636: Aug 30, 2015 09:02:36 am
      That was a travesty yesterday.

Still angry. Steady getting laughed at by Arsenal and Manu U morons. But it's all good. We'll bounce back.
      Tadders

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #637: Aug 30, 2015 09:33:21 am
      No countino for Utd away. Superb. We will park the bus then at best getting a 0-0.
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #638: Aug 30, 2015 09:35:50 am
      If Gomez is that good why is he not playing at CB rather than in a position unfamiliar and liable to be caught out . We cant wait for people to make mistakes then slate them . Some just not good enough and square pegs in round holes it happened with Can it will happen with Gomez.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #639: Aug 30, 2015 09:38:53 am
      The most disappointing thing is that when we concede one goal we seem to ship two or three.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #640: Aug 30, 2015 09:57:36 am
      Perspective.

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #641: Aug 30, 2015 10:00:01 am
      The most disappointing thing is that when we concede one goal we seem to ship two or three.

The most disappointing thing for me is that we buy a 32 mil player with a similar style of play (just better in most departments) to balotelli and lambert...

And still give the poor f**ker nothing to feed off. In fact it looks as though we are actually heading the total opposite of Brendan's beliefs at the same time.

It seems we are happy to totally bypass the midfield and just lump it up to the lad, hope he fights off 3/4 defenders and somehow knock it down to one of the midfielders we've just bypassed 20 yards away.

Oh and apart from the sh*te defender one thing that really is getting on my tits lately is mignolet's reluctance to release the ball early to a runner.

We miss a good few counter attacking opportunities every match because of it and it really is pissing me off!
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #642: Aug 30, 2015 11:12:59 am

Fotoshopped all day long that tat". Still piss poor reading. True though. We where sh*te.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #643: Aug 30, 2015 11:37:37 am
      Fotoshopped all day long that tat". Still piss poor reading. True though. We where sh*te.

If it is that's bloody fine work, the curvature of the letters the pigmentation of the skin and the pores all look genuine to me. I'd bet it's actually real.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2015 12:00:15 pm by KopiteLuke »

Quick Reply