Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      10 (13.5%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      4 (5.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (2.7%)
      James Milner
      14 (18.9%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      10 (13.5%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      2 (2.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (4.1%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (1.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.4%)
      Danny Ings
      25 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Sep 03, 2015 10:33:06 pm

Liverpool 0-3 West Ham United: In game and Post Match Despair

Read 49220 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V West Ham
      Reply #598: Aug 29, 2015 09:08:36 pm
      We have spent approx £50mil on Lambert,Balotelli and now benteke none of whom fit this style of play. Surely at Anfield we should be more positive and try to demolish teams not by keep ing possesion but by trying to create more chances and score more goals.Last season was a carbon copy of today cant score and cant defend at least when we couldnt defend in 13/14 we could outscore most teams
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6391 
      Reply #599: Aug 29, 2015 09:09:11 pm
      This thread is literally embarrassing. It's amazing how some will claim to be embarrassed by things Brendan says in the media but they aren't embarrassed by things they themselves say on this forum.

Guess maybe I will take an international break as well.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #600: Aug 29, 2015 09:09:33 pm
      Didn't see the game, little lads birthday, so house full of 5 year olds. Bleedin wrecked.
      What better way to recover than listen out for news of our 4-0 win :)
      To loose 0-3, to West Ham, at home, have Cou sent off and miss the game at Old Toilet. Holy kak.
      And after 3 clean sheets, to let in 3, what the hey?!

Guess it's the first real opportunity for people to get some digs into BR.
      Will try watch some highlights later (courtorise the wound), see where things went to pot.
      Defense seems to be coming in for some stick, but to not score at home against a defense that looked sh*te last week, big concern.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #601: Aug 29, 2015 09:24:47 pm
      Absolutely F***ing awful.

Lovren has been an accident waiting to happen ever since he joined the club. It's all the more frustrating that Sakho was sitting on the bench today.

The scary thing is I don't even remember us creating any good chances. Much improvement required for the Man Utd game, which is going to be all the more difficult now that Coutinho is ruled out. Truth be told, we've been hoofing up to Benteke and relying on a bit of magic from Phil in all of the games so far.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #602: Aug 29, 2015 09:26:43 pm
      We have spent approx £50mil on Lambert,Balotelli and now benteke none of whom fit this style of play.

I can't recall one person saying this after the Arsenal and Bournemouth games.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #603: Aug 29, 2015 09:40:34 pm
      2 goals in 4 games, and one of those was offside.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #604: Aug 29, 2015 09:48:52 pm

Exactly - can't believe some of us are judging Benteke on today. Personally, I would liked to have seen two strikers - Benteke was doubled up on with DM and CB's, which is only ever going to be an occurence at Anfield if we are playing one man with the opposition naturally setting themselves up defensively, so its no wonder the guy looked poor today.

It was smart tactics from Bilic I'll have to admit.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,545 posts | 243 
      Reply #605: Aug 29, 2015 09:51:40 pm

2 goals in 4 games, and one of those was offside.

Shocking that stat still can't get my head round that, more worrying must be shots on target and off for that matter, chances created etc but it's Ok cos we've had more possession shame no bugger knows what to do with it
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #606: Aug 29, 2015 10:03:05 pm

Possibly because he was given ammunition, today he was given hardly anything in terms of an actual decent ball to him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #607: Aug 29, 2015 10:05:55 pm
      Possibly because he was given ammunition, today he was given hardly anything in terms of an actual decent ball to him.

Any particular reason?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #608: Aug 29, 2015 10:14:00 pm
      Our midfield was sh*te, the balls into Benteke were not good enough and yet again the other problem is no-one is getting close enough or running off big Benny. Yet again our attacking players are too static.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #609: Aug 29, 2015 10:20:36 pm
      Shocking that stat still can't get my head round that, more worrying must be shots on target and off for that matter, chances created etc but it's Ok cos we've had more possession shame no bugger knows what to do with it

3.5 Shots on target per game, which means our entire attacking force has had only fourteen shots on target in four games. By comparison, City have had 7.3 shots on target per game, more than double us. Palace have 5.8, Leicester 4.3. It needs to improve and quickly.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Re: Liverpool 0-3 West Ham United: In game and Post Match Despair
      Reply #610: Aug 29, 2015 10:43:03 pm
      What the F**k happened???
      I dont wanna even know.
      I was pissed because i could not find tv transmition of that game but i am kinda glad that i did not watched it...Jeeesus,i expected us to concede a few goals against Arsenal but to concede three goals against West Ham at home was something that i couldnt dream of in my worst nightmares.
      I feel like everything we build in past three games is just thrown down the river,terible.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #611: Aug 29, 2015 10:43:27 pm
      I feel sorry for those 40,000 reds who had to pay hard earned cash to go and watch that today...If only you could demand your money back for poor service!!

I'm gonna find it virtually impossible to choose a MOTM when the poll goes up...

I'm not suicidal just yet but I want to see a massive improvement at Old Trafford...even without Coutinho

3 days left before the window shuts , do we panic buy? or is this it?...

God knows why he continually picks Lovren over Sahko...

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #612: Aug 29, 2015 10:55:12 pm
      Just seen the highlights and neither player deserved to be sent off.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #613: Aug 29, 2015 11:03:27 pm
      Skrtel and Lovren?

I'd rather have Paul and Barry Chuckle in central defence after that performance! Better communication at least - 'to me, to you, to me, to you.... Oh dear oh dear!'
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #614: Aug 29, 2015 11:08:25 pm
      Just seen the highlights and neither player deserved to be sent off.
      I cant even find the highlights,did we had any decent chance?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #615: Aug 29, 2015 11:14:57 pm
      Skrtel and Lovren?

I'd rather have Paul and Barry Chuckle in central defence after that performance! Better communication at least - 'to me, to you, to me, to you.... Oh dear oh dear!'

Yeah Skrtel and Lovren is much more: "To me, to them, to you, 1 - 0 to them."
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #616: Aug 29, 2015 11:15:39 pm

;D
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #617: Aug 30, 2015 12:33:08 am
      Where do you start with that.  Selection? Attitude and effort? Formation? Individual errors?

Lovren will rightly get a shellacking for the 2nd, but after the first three games probably deserved to start.  The big call now is does he keep his place - most will think not, but we don't pick the team.

As for the first, I don't think Skrtel was the only one at fault.  Clyne was too close to him when he made the header, giving the man coming in too much space and Gomez didn't react quickly enough when it came over.  On Gomez - I like the lad but he is not a left back, and that shows most when he gets forward and has no left foot. 

We seemed flat throughout, and the intensity never really seemed to lift.  I don't think their keeper made a save in the first half and then maybe one in the second and that is not acceptable at home.

We have a good idea how teams will set up against us and playing one up front in home games plays into teams hands in my opinion.  Any time Benteke did get a ball into him there was no one close enough to get the second ball, and they cleared with ease.  Firmino looks way off the pace as yet and needs to adapt quickly - he obviously has the talent just needs to get up to speed.

Do we miss the energy and enthusiasm of Hendo more than people think?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #618: Aug 30, 2015 12:36:56 am

And then the obligatory "Silly me! Silly you!".
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #619: Aug 30, 2015 12:47:55 am
      The more I study into the last 3 games, the more I'm led to believe that BR is having the idea, pump the ball up to Big Ben and he will dribble past the bunch of 5 or 7 man defence to  score. At least that's what I've seen so far. Knowing BR being a very stubborn person and rigid with tactics and formations, placing too much sentiments on players he brought in but not good enough,  I'm not having any hopes that he will change anything anytime soon. He still very much believes that he can create his own brand of football and tactics while the results continue to suffer.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2015 01:28:46 am by redkop63 »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #620: Aug 30, 2015 01:05:03 am
      F***ing atrocious that!

If you shell out 32 million pounds on a striker you best be prepared to give him the service his game requires. We may as well have had Carroll or Balotelli up front. Two up front from the off would have been ideal, wasn't sure about the line-up beforehand, Benteke if he isn't going to get fed the crosses supplied, then he at least needs a runner/partner to work with upfront and Ings is ideal for that.

People moaning about people moaning that our fullbacks don't get forward enough need only look at this game as to why that is a requirement in today's game. Especially with a narrow three midfield. Clyne will provide width, Gomez won't and I thought this just killed our attacking game down the left. We couldn't even begin to stretch the width of the game to make space as there was nobody in our team looking to do that. We were predictable with our build up play which makes Benteke's use in the team even more head scratching. We now have the option to do something else apart from intricate little triangles on the edge of their 18 yard box, namely whip in some crosses and feed Benteke, but we didn't have the system or personnel to do this - it's waste of fecking time putting him in the team if you're not able to supply him.

I think Rodgers got the change wrong at HT; we shouldn't have gone to three at the back we should have brought Ings on an replaced Firminho with him. Midfield should have switch to a diamond and Moreno (for all the havoc he can cause us defensively), should have come on for Gomez.

F***ing stinking game that, and Lovren showed us again why the bum twitches when he's in the team. Absolutely shocking play that by Lovren, to award West Ham their second goal.

Thought this was gonna be tight, couldn't share the optimistic/arrogant cricket scores some predicted beforehand  :D turns out fait had been tempted.

Quick Reply