Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Pre-Match Manchester United vs Liverpool FC 12/09/2015 Kick off 17.30

Read 31152 times
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Re: Pre-Match Manchester United vs Liverpool FC 12/09/2015 Kick off 17.30
      Reply #23: Sep 03, 2015 01:10:53 pm
      I agree he probably won’t drop him either... He set out his defensive stall all of pre-season

But surely he has to take in to consideration last season’s form too...

And as I’ve already said this player could be his undoing as Liverpool Manager, especially when we have Sakho ready and waiting
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #24: Sep 03, 2015 01:15:39 pm
      I agree he probably won’t drop him either... He set out his defensive stall all of pre-season

But surely he has to take in to consideration last season’s form too...

And as I’ve already said this player could be his undoing as Liverpool Manager, especially when we have Sakho ready and waiting

He may well stick by the future captain but one of the mainstays of Rodgers defence has been Skrtel, who was probably worse than Lovren on Saturday and imo is just as big a liability as Dejan.

JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #25: Sep 03, 2015 01:25:18 pm
      He may well stick by the future captain but one of the mainstays of Rodgers defence has been Skrtel, who was probably worse than Lovren on Saturday and imo is just as big a liability as Dejan.

Skrtel is odd, of that there is no doubt!

He is a clone of a player. By that I mean he seems to mirror the level of CB he partners. Put him with a top centre half and he’d look like a top level CB, but put him with a Lovern and he’d look...  well we all know the answer to this!
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #26: Sep 03, 2015 02:13:50 pm

But HScRed, we all know that Skrtel-Lovren partnership just *doesn't* work. However, based on last season, we do know that Skrtel-Sakho works much much better than above. It seems to me that Skrtel and Lovren are just not on the same wavelength.

Unfortunately, Rodgers will keep playing Lovren as he *knows* his job is safe until end of the season. At the moment he is playing to "not lose" rather than win.

I expect to see 3-4-3 against the Manure with Benteke up front all on his own. :(
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #27: Sep 03, 2015 02:27:00 pm

Yep.

In a way I admire him for sticking to the player he thinks is his man but I think it will ultimately cost him.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #28: Sep 03, 2015 03:07:10 pm
      I expect to see 3-4-3 against the Manure with Benteke up front all on his own. :(

DEFINITELY NOT gonna happen.. I can bet my house on that
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #29: Sep 03, 2015 03:08:41 pm
      But HScRed, we all know that Skrtel-Lovren partnership just *doesn't* work. However, based on last season, we do know that Skrtel-Sakho works much much better than above. It seems to me that Skrtel and Lovren are just not on the same wavelength.

Unfortunately, Rodgers will keep playing Lovren as he *knows* his job is safe until end of the season. At the moment he is playing to "not lose" rather than win.

stating the obvious here, but he isn't safe for the season - Surely everyone knows he'll be gone before Christmas if last weeks result happens a couple more times?
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #30: Sep 03, 2015 03:34:14 pm
      stating the obvious here, but he isn't safe for the season - Surely everyone knows he'll be gone before Christmas if last weeks result happens a couple more times?

Why will he go? They didn't get rid of him after Palace and Stoke results last season - why would they do now? All they (FSG) care about it the bottom line - make money.

FSG are not going to get rid of him after spending money in getting rid of his old staff, bringing in new ones and also getting the players he (Rodgers) wants. Why would they waste money again in redoing all of the six months later? If they were going to get rid of him, it would have been 4 games ago.

We better get used to Rodgers for another season. :(
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #31: Sep 03, 2015 03:50:52 pm
      Why will he go? They didn't get rid of him after Palace and Stoke results last season - why would they do now? All they (FSG) care about it the bottom line - make money.

FSG are not going to get rid of him after spending money in getting rid of his old staff, bringing in new ones and also getting the players he (Rodgers) wants. Why would they waste money again in redoing all of the six months later? If they were going to get rid of him, it would have been 4 games ago.

We better get used to Rodgers for another season. :(

I dont necessarily want him to go, but if performances like Saturday happen again he will certainly be sacked. Im positive it will happen.

New back room staff (on short contracts - easy to pay off if needed) plus backing on his own signings, he will have nowhere to hide.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #32: Sep 03, 2015 04:07:58 pm
      I dont necessarily want him to go, but if performances like Saturday happen again he will certainly be sacked. Im positive it will happen.

New back room staff (on short contracts - easy to pay off if needed) plus backing on his own signings, he will have nowhere to hide.

Sadly his sacking would be used as a smokescreen for other matters. If it meant things getting worse before they got better, I could handle that.

Klopp is the one being talked about. But will he want the job?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 735 
      Reply #33: Sep 03, 2015 04:26:19 pm
      I'm preparing myself for a 3-0 to united. possibly more.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #34: Sep 03, 2015 04:50:58 pm
                                Migs
      Henderson   Lucas       Sakho   Moreno
                            Coutinho
                     Firmino        Lallana
      Origi                Benteke            Sturridge/Ings

And Gary Mac on the sidelines ready to return the ball quickly if it goes out of play - let's hammer these twunts :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: Sep 03, 2015 04:59:05 pm
                                Migs
                            Coutinho
                     Firmino        Lallana

And Gary Mac on the sidelines ready to return the ball quickly if it goes out of play - let's hammer these twunts :)

Coutinho is banned, you've Hendo as Right back and Lucas as CB, has Brendan Rodgers hacked your user name ?..
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #36: Sep 03, 2015 05:18:32 pm
       :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: Sep 03, 2015 05:27:04 pm
      Impossible to predict this game, both teams with very shaky starts to the season, I'd happily take a draw if offered but if they get the first goal then I fear a hammering.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 735 
      Reply #38: Sep 03, 2015 05:46:45 pm
                                Migs
                            Coutinho
                     Firmino        Lallana

We def found Brendan's lurk account
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #39: Sep 03, 2015 06:04:28 pm

I am not saying you want him gone but FSG will *not* sack him until end of season.

The only way Rodgers will get a sack is if the LFC supporters who attend the games week-in-week-out actually stop going to the games. FSG will only listen to the revenue dropping. At the moment, they are happy to continue as is.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #40: Sep 03, 2015 10:34:11 pm
      I'm actually a bit excited to see Firmino play the No. 10 role in this one. It's who will beside him that worries me more.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #41: Sep 03, 2015 10:45:33 pm
      Slight difference mate the guy that ran the show against the Arse will be suspended.
      did say that in first sentence of post.   :f_doh:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #42: Sep 03, 2015 11:10:44 pm

its not just the result. Every side is capable of losing by three goals occasionally, its the manner in which we played which was un defensible.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #43: Sep 04, 2015 01:58:33 pm
      We will struggle to make it in the top half of the table never mind turning these over at home, Brendan out!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #44: Sep 04, 2015 02:16:44 pm
      We will struggle to make it in the top half of the table never mind turning these over at home, Brendan out!

Well chosen user name there mate.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #45: Sep 04, 2015 02:31:47 pm
      If we lose, it says we're sh*t.

But if we win, what does that say?
      Its like Manc Utd has become our "cup final".

I can't help but feel morale must be pretty low at Anfield amongst the more established players. Its typical of the vicious circle situation some teams have. As an example, did anyone check out Markovic's team pic last season with this season. One he had a beaming smile in, the  new one he looked as troubled as F**k.

Quick Reply