Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Pre-Match Manchester United vs Liverpool FC 12/09/2015 Kick off 17.30

Read 31533 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,517 posts | 3461 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Pre-Match Manchester United vs Liverpool FC 12/09/2015 Kick off 17.30
      Reply #46: Sep 04, 2015 02:34:54 pm
      If we lose, it says we're sh*t.

But if we win, what does that say?
      Its like Manc Utd has become our "cup final".

I can't help but feel morale must be pretty low at Anfield amongst the more established players. Its typical of the vicious circle situation some teams have. As an example, did anyone check out Markovic's team pic last season with this season. One he had a beaming smile in, the  new one he looked as troubled as f**k.

His hair changed as well
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #47: Sep 04, 2015 02:43:18 pm
      Well chosen user name there mate.

The Premier league standard is constantly rising and our standards are constantly lowering stuey. With this unjointed team (especially with stubborn brendans dodgy selections) we will struggle to be top 7 in my opinion of course id love to be proved wrong but my expectations are not high to be honest with you mate.

Don't take offence by my negative last post, I think you can share my frustration.

MsGerrard
      Reply #48: Sep 04, 2015 03:34:03 pm
      You know the way things are at the moment we're likely to go and beat these next week  :D Just as long as BR drops Lovren and brings Sakho in...attack attack attack.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #49: Sep 04, 2015 03:39:50 pm

What, the stress caused it to fall out? ;D

Maybe he borrowed a wig from Donald Trump, and didn't want to run fast incase it fell off.. :lmao:

(That actually happened with Andre Agassi hehe)
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #50: Sep 04, 2015 03:42:31 pm
      The Premier league standard is constantly rising and our standards are constantly lowering stuey. With this unjointed team (especially with stubborn brendans dodgy selections) we will struggle to be top 7 in my opinion of course id love to be proved wrong but my expectations are not high to be honest with you mate.

Don't take offence by my negative last post, I think you can share my frustration.

15 yrs ago, we were doing a 15m net spend under Moores, and some were saying "this is ridiculous we will never come 1st with this".

15yrs later and we are doing a 15m net spend (or even a zero net spend some Summers under Fenway). Player costs have gone up prob 150%. Wages even more so. But today, some are saying "oh we might do well and get CLOSE (WTF!!!) to 4th.

So the only surprise to me, is that we are actually getting 5th or 6th etc.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #51: Sep 04, 2015 05:24:04 pm
      15 yrs ago, we were doing a 15m net spend under Moores, and some were saying "this is ridiculous we will never come 1st with this".

15yrs later and we are doing a 15m net spend (or even a zero net spend some Summers under Fenway). Player costs have gone up prob 150%. Wages even more so. But today, some are saying "oh we might do well and get CLOSE (WTF!!!) to 4th.

So the only surprise to me, is that we are actually getting 5th or 6th etc.

in 5 or 10 years the truth about how close Brendan was to thsi project will come out. I have never seen the slightest hint of challenge to the owners about their backing in the transfer market and the latest crop of stars would indicate the status quo is still in place.
      I think Rush is spot on as soon as the new stand is in place they will start looking to bale out and take a huge amount out of the club.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #52: Sep 04, 2015 06:19:52 pm
      in 5 or 10 years the truth about how close Brendan was to thsi project will come out. I have never seen the slightest hint of challenge to the owners about their backing in the transfer market and the latest crop of stars would indicate the status quo is still in place.
      I think Rush is spot on as soon as the new stand is in place they will start looking to bale out and take a huge amount out of the club.

Yes. And it really IS money being taken out of the club. One big arbitrage scam - big club income and fanbase. Everton/Villa style lack of investment.

If the fan base ever showed solidarity we could say to em "go F**k yourselves, we're buying the club, we'll pay a fair price, otherwise we stop all our spending and cause a stink with the sponsors". Ofcourse, they'd have to come to the negotiating table.

Sadly the fans are currently assisting in their own destruction by funding our captors. It only gives Fenway the expectaion of a fatter payday when they eventually do crawl back under their rocks in Boston.

And it only needed a relatively small investment to have fixed the club in 2010. Its just that fundamentalists like them couldn't give a sh*t. We might as well have had Maggie Thatch-hore as CEO.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #53: Sep 04, 2015 06:25:48 pm

Ian Holloway always struck me as a decent bloke, a fans manager. The type you could have a beer with.

But I was pretty shocked to here that at Blackpool he was actually given BONUSES for whatever players he sold.
      Blackpool got in the Prem Lge, and the owner, deciding it was time to "sell at the top", sold off all their key players.

I wonder if Ted Rodgers is on a similar thing here. Perhaps not, but I certainly feel he's part of a sleazy new breed of "FC Business" types.

Even if he isn't on a cut for each sale, you can bet he's making his "unique selling point" one of being an obedient "chairman's man" not a "fan's man". He won't rock the boat, he doesn't care for trophies or big investment, he doesn't even care if he's sacked. He just thinks he's won the lottery being associated with a club as big as Liverpool.
      He knows there's plenty of scumbag owners will pick him because he keeps his gob shut.

I can't help but feel Hodgson is a typical example of that breed. As for the "gentleman Roy" business, I always thought that was utter bollocks. He was a footballing mercenary, and one who probably paid a hefty whack in pr cash to the press to cover the fact he was a complete fraud as a top level manager.

The diametric opposite of Rafa, Shanks and co.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #54: Sep 04, 2015 07:09:29 pm

Ian Holloway always struck me as a decent bloke, a fans manager. The type you could have a beer with.

But I was pretty shocked to here that at Blackpool he was actually given BONUSES for whatever players he sold.
      Blackpool got in the Prem Lge, and the owner, deciding it was time to "sell at the top", sold off all their key players.

I wonder if Ted Rodgers is on a similar thing here. Perhaps not, but I certainly feel he's part of a sleazy new breed of "FC Business" types.

Even if he isn't on a cut for each sale, you can bet he's making his "unique selling point" one of being an obedient "chairman's man" not a "fan's man". He won't rock the boat, he doesn't care for trophies or big investment, he doesn't even care if he's sacked. He just thinks he's won the lottery being associated with a club as big as Liverpool.
      He knows there's plenty of scumbag owners will pick him because he keeps his gob shut.

I can't help but feel Hodgson is a typical example of that breed. As for the "gentleman Roy" business, I always thought that was utter bollocks. He was a footballing mercenary, and one who probably paid a hefty whack in pr cash to the press to cover the fact he was a complete fraud as a top level manager.

The diametric opposite of Rafa, Shanks and co.

i was thinking of the contrast of Bobby Robson and Graham Taylor Italia 90 was the last time I really enjoyed watching England 96 was ok too but on both occasions the manager was sacked and replaced in Robsons case by a real company man. There is a similarity here Italia 90 saw us so close to the WC final and in 96 we were so close in the Euros and look what has happend since absolute dross that most of the Country can't be arsed watching. I hope that we never become just a team with a past.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #55: Sep 04, 2015 07:51:51 pm
      You know the way things are at the moment we're likely to go and beat these next week  :D Just as long as BR drops Lovren and brings Sakho in...attack attack attack.

Tell you what Cas, I'm just gonna run with the thought that the lads were so absolutely, utterly, completely dire against west ham because they had one eye on this game.

I'm 99.99% sure that's bollocks but it helps me keep my sanity at a level that's acceptable. ;)
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #56: Sep 04, 2015 08:16:16 pm
      Would actually like to see:

Mignolet
      Clyne Can Sakho Moreno
      Lucas
      Hendo     Milner
      Firmino
      Benteke    Origi

Migs in net of course. Would like to see Sakho introduced at a minimum, but also would like to see Can put back in the heart of defense where he found a lot of success back there last year - albeit in a 3-man setup, I think he could do a job there if he can stay disciplined. Skrtel and Lovren make countless mistakes and have truly been fortunate to have only given up 3 goals this season. Both of them are liabilities in the defense and neither of them should be starting for us. I'd love to have seen Ilori given the nod back there, but well we all know what happened to him after Skrtel and Lovren's wonderful performance against West Ham.

Clyne and Moreno as attacking capable fullbacks, but need them to be focused on defending and keeping the mancs' wingers at bay as Depay has been where much of their attacking force has come from. Think we need Lucas anchoring the midfield and guarding the back four in this one as well.

Hendo and Milner holding down the midfield with Lucas, responsible for launching attacks and recycling possession. Firmino just in front of them as a floating creative midfielder.

Could be Ings or Origi up top with Benteke, I'd prefer Origi just because they're both Belgium internationals and Origi's got a lot of raw talent that I'd love to see unleashed, especially if he could strike up a good partnership with Benteke. Regardless of who goes up there, if we put Benteke as the isolated striker, we will without a doubt struggle again.

Hoping for a big victory here, we certainly need one.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #57: Sep 04, 2015 11:37:18 pm
      Just  watched us beating these in the worthy cup final , Owen Hamman  Young Stevie  Carra  Hypia. Henchoz  could do with a couple like these right about now , just hope we can somehow find a performance against these  fckers .
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #58: Sep 05, 2015 07:01:01 am
      Just don't want to see skrtel and lovren together at the heart of defence. Sakho has to come in and please partner Ings alongside Benteke. He gave scums a lot of trouble with Burnley and should start.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #59: Sep 05, 2015 09:04:19 am
      Tell you what Cas, I'm just gonna run with the thought that the lads were so absolutely, utterly, completely dire against west ham because they had one eye on this game.

I'm 99.99% sure that's bollocks but it helps me keep my sanity at a level that's acceptable. ;)

if they go there and really get stuck in and try to win the game but get beat then thats fine at least we had a go and anyone can get beaten at old Toilet. But if we play negatively and without any sort of attack then we will get beaten and the unrest will continue.
      there defense is as bad as ours so we have to go there and attack them.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #60: Sep 05, 2015 09:11:33 am
      We should be these shower of sh*te because they are a poor F***ing team, knowing us we,ll probably set up for a draw.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #61: Sep 05, 2015 09:39:01 am
      We should be these shower of sh*te because they are a poor F***ing team, knowing us we,ll probably set up for a draw.

Wash your mouth out man.

;)
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #62: Sep 05, 2015 10:36:55 am
      Feel like hiding away for this game, not that I will, but it is the way I feel. I am kilning to the thin hope that against man Utd Liverpool always steps up a gear or two, but in reality I can't see it with no Scousers in the side except maybe Jordan Rossiter; to add that extra bite, no Coutinho.... Here is what I would like to see

Mignolet

Clyne              Skrtel              Sakho           

Leiva

Henderson    Jordan Rossiter     Milner

Firminho

Ings                 Origi

Subs, Benteke,Can,Moreno,Lovren,Gomez,Lallana,Ibe,Bogdan

I feel both Ings and Origi would be suited to our style of play and this game more than Benteke. Rossiter while still young has that Scouse vs Manc mentality and know what the win over or lose to them really means, he also adds a bit of cover where Lucas is concerned and extra cover for both Milner and Henderson going forward.... 
      MsGerrard
      Reply #63: Sep 05, 2015 11:42:43 am

I'm with you all the way on that hun...
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #64: Sep 05, 2015 11:54:39 am
      My biggest disappointment in the games last season, is that Its were up for those games, and it it looked like our lads weren't!
      There's no excuse for not being fired up against our biggest rivals, any player pulling out of tackles, not chasing back, or not giving100%  should be hauled off.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #65: Sep 05, 2015 12:04:08 pm
      Have I missed somthing here didn't we appeal coutinhos red card it was nothing??????
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #66: Sep 05, 2015 12:05:53 pm
      Have I missed somthing here didn't we appeal coutinhos red card it was nothing??????

It wasn't a red card, it was a second yellow.  You can't appeal yellow cards.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #67: Sep 06, 2015 05:41:42 pm
      My biggest disappointment in the games last season, is that Its were up for those games, and it it looked like our lads weren't!
      There's no excuse for not being fired up against our biggest rivals, any player pulling out of tackles, not chasing back, or not giving100%  should be hauled off.

We should be fired up for every single game.

We saw in the semi-final against Villa the same problem.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #68: Sep 06, 2015 07:11:39 pm
      At the moment, the mans are as poor as us at the back, for some reason, they seem to have more about them going forward, as much as it hurts to say it. On current form, I think the best we can realistically  expect is a draw.

BUT.....

Being a Red, i'm still gonna put my neck on the line and go for a 1 - 3 result. There's always hope in my heart, and I somehow expect us to turn it on, for fear of a repeat of the West Ham performance if  nothing else.
      One early, lucky, undeserved goal even, can turn things around, and thats what I'm going for.   :kop5cf8koxp6:

Quick Reply