Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Brendan Rodgers VS Rafael Benitez Transfer Spend

Read 25897 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Brendan Rodgers VS Rafael Benitez Transfer Spend
      Reply #138: Sep 10, 2015 08:21:11 pm
      I actually voted for him to go in the poll, with the condition that it was if Klopp came in.

FSG kept faith with him, so there's only 2 ways to go now, and one of them is out of the door, but until that time comes, he has my full support.

As he does mine, there is no difference in our viewpoints on that issue.. He has my support but I can't say he has my faith that he will get it right.. I F***ing 100% hope he shoves that down my neck though

FSG don't have it about them or their structure to get a Klopp or any other elite manager.
      Whilst they are here we won't compete imo
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #139: Sep 10, 2015 08:24:17 pm
      chelsea have 30-odd players out on loan, utd have loads out on loan.

Maybe Swab but obviously both those clubs are miles ahead of us financially and can afford to take a shotgun approach.

When doing things smarter and better is the game plan to overcome the financial hurdles of those above you then I think there is a problem.

Our people are not any smarter or doing it any better than anyone else.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #140: Sep 10, 2015 08:28:25 pm
      Not this sh*t again.
      You were shown up as clueless the last time you started banging on about the Swiss Ramble blog, so you really should remember that and learn to keep quiet instead of pulling bits from other peoples posts on other forums and using them out of context, because those that DO actually understand finance can smell your bullshit a mile off.

F***ing arbitrage indeed.
      Absolutely clueless.

:lmao:

No the only one who's been utterly Frank Spencer-esque clueless is yourself. You lost each and every argument. Then tried the purile tactic of misrepresenting everything I said.

You're nothing more than a comedy character. I bet a 5 yr old has a better grasp of finance than YOU do.

What was your contribution last time re finance? Ahh yes, you claimed Henry wasn't interested in leverage. And you pulled out some crap about Turtle traders...  :lmao: Fantasy world.

As for me, well actually I came in the tpo HALF PERCENT of my business class at one of the top universities in Britain.
      Oh and after that I carved out a successful career in the finance world. I knew about John Henry's business  15 yrs nearly 20 yrs before YOU did. I wonder what you've done?  :roll:

Arbitrage means exploiting an anomaly in pricing, in 2 or more products. Often it related to short term transactions in secutiries etc. But its perfectly applicable in this sort of investment over a longer time frame. Because its relevant to the backgrounds of the owners (duhhhh hedge funds!) In my analogy, its profiting  from income of Liverpool the global club, while shelling out overheads of a mid table team. Ofcourse such a concept is rather to difficult for you tho... :roll: I could explain how it might work with the yield from one bond and the price of another. But lets face it, you'll only stamp your feet, scream and make up another load of tripe about me.

Here's a link about Mark Cuban (billionaire, unlike yourself I suspect!) talking about Netflix and ARB..IT..RAGE..!
      A single security and costs and value.
      So feel silly (again) and walk away. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Every time you lose the argument. Every time you stamp your feet like a little cry baby. And make up BS about me,  and the Yanks.

You're an absolute joke, a disgrace to Liverpool, and a disgrace to your employers. Your bullshit reeks as much as Alex Ferguson's breathe.

I said from the beginning that Fenway were charlatans. YOU assured everyone how great they were. Hard luck, you were wrong!  :f_wah: Well now NEARLY everyone can see thro the bullshit. From Fenway AND from user names like you.

Do yourself a favour, stop embarrassing yourself, and admit defeat.

Suck on defeat, divvie! :o
      « Last Edit: Sep 10, 2015 08:48:47 pm by AmericanPlant »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #141: Sep 10, 2015 08:36:53 pm
      It's amusing how some use net figures to justify bullshit.

Well that wasn't the intention of the thread, it was used to show Rodgers has a similar 'Net' spend to Rafa and that he has to do better with the funds being made available to him.

Balotelli, on loan, Markovic on loan, Llori, on loan, Moreno being kept out of the side by a young center back being used as a makeshift left back, Lovren looking anything but the future captain we were told we were getting etc.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #142: Sep 10, 2015 08:48:54 pm
      Well that wasn't the intention of the thread, it was used to show Rodgers has a similar 'Net' spend to Rafa and that he has to do better with the funds being made available to him.

Balotelli, on loan, Markovic on loan, Llori, on loan, Moreno being kept out of the side by a young center back being used as a makeshift left back, Lovren looking anything but the future captain we were told we were getting etc.

As many have stated on here...better things could have been accomplished with the players we have then what has transpired, I refuse to think we cannot do better than we have with the players we have.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #143: Sep 10, 2015 08:52:02 pm
      As many have stated on here...better things could have been accomplished with the players we have then what has transpired, I refuse to think we cannot do better than we have with the players we have.

Then that comes down to the manager, he's the one who needs to get the most available from the players at his disposal.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #144: Sep 10, 2015 08:53:06 pm
      Then that comes down to the manager, he's the one who needs to get the most available from the players at his disposal.

I don't disagree
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3905 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #145: Sep 10, 2015 09:06:27 pm
      The figures that show we spend less than 2 teams from Manchester?
      2 clubs that have massive wealth compared to us?

How do you propose we compet6e with them, get a F***ing wonga loan perhaps?

I didn't address your "figures" because it's a complete pile of steaming sh*te that you are posting.

I saw you also posted in another thread about FSG not spending on the team because it's all going on the refurb.
      Now I distinctly remember you joining in the discussion about where the money comes from and how it is to be repaid, so you just flat out lied, simply to stir sh*t up.

Stirring it up?

No. Asking questions because it very much looks like the club I grew up following has been turned into also rans.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #146: Sep 10, 2015 09:25:44 pm
      It makes me laugh when people try to discuss Rafa's purchases when his hands were quite clearly tied behind his back, he told us this and the club almost went into administration because of the previous owners. It's clear that if Rafa was given the funds to kick on that he could have delivered number 19 and along with that many more trophies because he's a proven winner at almost every club he's been at.

Brendan may have his arm twisted but it's not even close to the same situation.

Listen to the players that have left, it's clear that Brendan has had 'his' group and the rest for a long time. This is his squad he's assembled, these are his players and they are very much in mould of players he likes to laud it over.

No character.
      No leaders.
      No fighters.

We're the softest bunch of players you could ever meet. I'm not sure if it's a small man syndrome or what but there's no heart left in the side and I think it's down to Brendan's difficulty in dealing with confrontation or strong individuals because one by one they've been pushed out. Henderson club captain, need I say more? My 6 year old wouldn't be intimidated by Hendo and that's not being harsh on the lad because he's a quality person whom I'm sure would be great to be around because he seems 100% genuine but he isn't leadership material and he most certainly isn't someone who has that fire in him that scares people.

Carragher
      Gerrard
      Suarez
      Kuyt
      Agger
      Reina

Where are players like that, right now we've got a team full of personalities who don't bring the best out of each other, they need at least one, probably more, to get the most out of them and that is a failing in the recruitment and management department.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #147: Sep 10, 2015 11:04:56 pm
      I don't have any particular feelings for FSG one way or another, let alone strong ones.

I've read this a few times now and I swear to F***ing God I laugh everytime. F**k off John W, from what I've read over the last couple of years it seems you love yourself :) (joke in case you kick off)

Serious note, I've just read through this thread and can't believe I've been reading some of those words. We were one Robbie Keane away from No 19. Who F***ing knew ay?

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #148: Sep 11, 2015 12:07:23 am

No the only one who's been utterly Frank Spencer-esque clueless is yourself. You lost each and every argument. Then tried the purile tactic of misrepresenting everything I said.

You're nothing more than a comedy character. I bet a 5 yr old has a better grasp of finance than YOU do.

What was your contribution last time re finance? Ahh yes, you claimed Henry wasn't interested in leverage. And you pulled out some crap about Turtle traders...  :lmao: Fantasy world.

As for me, well actually I came in the tpo HALF PERCENT of my business class at one of the top universities in Britain.
      Oh and after that I carved out a successful career in the finance world. I knew about John Henry's business  15 yrs nearly 20 yrs before YOU did. I wonder what you've done?  :roll:

Arbitrage means exploiting an anomaly in pricing, in 2 or more products. Often it related to short term transactions in secutiries etc. But its perfectly applicable in this sort of investment over a longer time frame. Because its relevant to the backgrounds of the owners (duhhhh hedge funds!) In my analogy, its profiting  from income of Liverpool the global club, while shelling out overheads of a mid table team. Ofcourse such a concept is rather to difficult for you tho... :roll: I could explain how it might work with the yield from one bond and the price of another. But lets face it, you'll only stamp your feet, scream and make up another load of tripe about me.

Here's a link about Mark Cuban (billionaire, unlike yourself I suspect!) talking about Netflix and ARB..IT..RAGE..!

Every time you lose the argument. Every time you stamp your feet like a little cry baby. And make up BS about me,  and the Yanks.

You're an absolute joke, a disgrace to Liverpool, and a disgrace to your employers. Your bullshit reeks as much as Alex Ferguson's breathe.

I said from the beginning that Fenway were charlatans. YOU assured everyone how great they were. Hard luck, you were wrong!  :f_wah: Well now NEARLY everyone can see thro the bullshit. From Fenway AND from user names like you.

Rekt
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #149: Sep 11, 2015 07:35:50 am

Mr."Twatway" is rocking it at one of Britain's top universities.

What happened Prof - you missed the course lecture on how to use a Caps Lock key?
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #150: Sep 11, 2015 09:03:49 am

Mr."Twatway" is rocking it at one of Britain's top universities.

What happened Prof - you missed the course lecture on how to use a Caps Lock key?

I think the caps lock is stuck in your head, Mr Phd School of Hard Knocks.  :lmao:

Come on tell us why Fenway are great again. I like a laugh on Friday morning.. ;)

PS and on Rafa vs the Ulster Genius. Rafa's net spend til the Keane purchase was a fair bit better. With the Xabi sale it meant Rafa had no chance going forward. You have to include inflation and rivals in all this.

Rafa is a vastly better manager. But really you couldn't expect much from Rafa, Rodgers or anyone in the 5 yrs Fenway have been here.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #151: Sep 11, 2015 09:10:55 am
      Rafa turned Madrid down, then got sacked by H&G via Purslow... Felt very sad to read this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rafa-benitez-snubbed-real-madrid-6388068

Very sad. But it does show how Rafa oozes class. A true modern day Bob or Bill.

Its almost comical that he kept his home on Merseyside to wait for a Liverpool offer. Now he's managing Real.
      And we have the Ulster Jester as Fenway's (cough) golden child.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #152: Sep 11, 2015 09:21:41 am
      Rafa has 20 years experience on Brendan, not really a fair comparison.

At least Himself & FSG have added experience to his back room staff, which I think can only help.

JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #153: Sep 11, 2015 09:32:46 am
      niether one or another on this... Cant be bothered to add up!

but would this of mattered had Brendan won the league in 12/13?

...No is the answer in case you were wondering
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #154: Sep 11, 2015 09:37:26 am
      Rafa has 20 years experience on Brendan, not really a fair comparison.

At least Himself & FSG have added experience to his back room staff, which I think can only help.

Rafa was only 44 in 2004. He'd already worked miracles with Valencia (I mean winning the league TWICE without a fluke occurence like Suarez, AND a UEFA Cup) and by 05.. we know what he did.

Rodgers is 43 is January and still looks very average. Infact I look and think just how many PL managers is he better than? Not that many.

Maybe in 5/10 yrs Rodgers will be a good manager. But so far he's only underwhelmed or troubled most Lpool fans. I just don't think he's a Liverpool man.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #155: Sep 11, 2015 10:47:14 am
      Rafa was only 44 in 2004. He'd already worked miracles with Valencia (I mean winning the league TWICE without a fluke occurence like Suarez, AND a UEFA Cup) and by 05.. we know what he did.

Rodgers is 43 is January and still looks very average. Infact I look and think just how many PL managers is he better than? Not that many.

Maybe in 5/10 yrs Rodgers will be a good manager. But so far he's only underwhelmed or troubled most Lpool fans. I just don't think he's a Liverpool man.

oaft I was out by 10 years my apologies.

Rafa was obv a winner, BR is not. 

But he is who the owners believe is teh man to build the club back up, and get a squad together to challenge again.

As discussed over and over and over, some fan are not willing to give BR the time the owners are willing to give him.

I had enough at the end of last season, I wanted him gone, but he is still here, and I like the changes in players and back room staff, if it does not work this season, Im sure he will be gone next summer. I hope it does work and we win something and we get back into champions league, unlike some who would rather see us lose 5 or 6 on the bounce just so he wil get sacked.

It is what it is, and will be what it will be. Unless the really angry fans, want to protest by not showing up, cancel sky subs, cancel LFC.TV, cancel club mebership, start protest, sing BR is sh1t or something, maybe then the board will take notie, I dunno.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,374 posts | 4974 
      Reply #156: Sep 11, 2015 11:29:43 am

I do agree that we haven't seen the progression in Brendan as a coach that maybe we thought we would.

If anything he has regressed in the last year or so and doesn't seem to have the courage of his convictions.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #157: Sep 11, 2015 12:05:20 pm
      I do agree that we haven't seen the progression in Brendan as a coach that maybe we thought we would.

If anything he has regressed in the last year or so and doesn't seem to have the courage of his convictions.

The players cannot be buying into his plans, some of the performances are encapsulated by the semi final game and then the Palace and Stoke games. None of us really know what goes on behind the scenes but I think the difference between 13/14 and 14/15 is fear, fear of failure.
      I know a lot of us bang on about Suarez influence but that team feared no other and not only have we lost him we lost that aura that no matter how many goals we conceded we could score more team and opposing managers hate that. What is happening now is a direct result of last summers spending and thats been done to death. The mystery of how we recruit players is in stark contrast to how Rafa bought players his buys seemed to make sense even if they didnt work out. I cant even name half of the players we have bought in the last two summers because I have never seen them.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #158: Sep 11, 2015 12:08:11 pm
      niether one or another on this... Cant be bothered to add up!

but would this of mattered had Brendan won the league in 12/13?

...No is the answer in case you were wondering

eh.?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #159: Sep 11, 2015 12:36:31 pm

To be fair, it's a decent premise for a thread, but it was only ever going to go in a particular direction, and for having played a small part in that I apologise.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #160: Sep 11, 2015 12:45:46 pm

Too many new players in too short a space of time is always going to cause problems, particularly with continuity.

Reading parts of Gerrards book in the press today, he says he would have stayed if offered the right position, explaining that he meant a bit part on the pitch, but also shadowing the coaching staff and presumably working towards taking coaching qualifications.

It got me thinking that he and Gary Mac would make a very good motivational pairing, not forgetting the way he and Carragher used to turn up at new players houses with armfuls of DVD's and videos to "educate" them on what it meant to play for us.

I think we'll improve over the coming games, and contrary to what some think, the man u game isn't make or break in any way.

Quick Reply