Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      8 (8.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (4.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      15 (15.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      11 (11.5%)
      Christian Benteke
      49 (51%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (2.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Sep 16, 2015 07:24:24 pm

Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match character

Read 38066 times
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Re: Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match character
      Reply #759: Sep 13, 2015 01:46:26 am
      You are my hero, d'you F***ing know that.

Take him to your home than.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #760: Sep 13, 2015 03:57:35 am
      also wanna add, how long is skrtel gonna be sh*t before we've had enough? dude is just mailing it in
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #761: Sep 13, 2015 04:12:52 am
      Looks like you have no clue what you are talking about mate. Let's leave it there. Stop digging holes.  ;)

Nah, it's you that needs to stop digging, your hole should be big enough by now for you to lie in, you just don't and won't get it, 

So stop being a total kunt and have a wee lie down,  Brendan will tuck you in!!

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #762: Sep 13, 2015 05:12:56 am
      Looks like you have no clue what you are talking about mate. Let's leave it there. Stop digging holes.  ;)

Hahahahaahahahahahahahah ahahahahahaahahahahahaha hahaaha

Pass over whatever you're smoking it must be some strong sh*t!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #763: Sep 13, 2015 06:05:37 am
      I backed Brendan all year last season but I'm at the point now where I would happily see him sacked. Maybe on Monday i might have calmed down and will continue believing he is the right man for the job but tonight I am just so livid with him i really wouldn't care if he gets the sack in the morning.

That, today, was an absolute disgrace. The biggest fixture of every season is United away and not one player was up for it. We had no match winners on the pitch, no presence, nothing. It was dire from start to finish. It is one of the worst Liverpool teams I have ever witnessed.

Mignolet - He is awful. He is not good enough for us. He would be a decent number 2 but he isn't good enough for a side with champions league and title ambitions. He needs upgrading immediately.

Clyne - not based on today as such but I think he is class. He is the only defender in the back four I would keep in right now.

Skrtel - has made a lot of appearances for the club so there is some myth that he is a good player/defender but in reality he is average at best. He wouldn't get a game for any of our rivals. He isn't good enough.

Lovren - how he keeps Sakho out of the team is anyone's guess.

Gomez - promising but he isn't a left back in a million years and he will get found out, just like today. But that's Rodgers for you.

Firmino - finding his feet so I'm not going to be too harsh. Needs to start firing soon though we paid a lot of money for him

Milner - he will be a big fan favourite here because he always wears his heart on his sleeve

Can - personally think he's over rated and is average at best. Don't see the hype in him and I think he is far better as a centre half than in midfield

Lucas - love the lad but wasn't involved today

Ings - why the F**k was he playing left mid. Again, that's Rodgers for you.

Benteke - was about to come on here before saying I told you all it was a sh*te signing and then he scores that absolute peach. Fantastic goal don't get me wrong and it's nothing personal on Big Ben, but yet again it was scary how isolated he was all game. He scored a goal out of nothing before, up until that moment I barely remember him in the game. We are so sh*t at going forward. When will we F**k this 4-3-3 sh*t off once and for all ?!

Just fuming with that performance today. All 11 players embarrassed the club tonight. Not one player stood out and can walk away with any credit.

Brendan is losing my support and F***ing fast too. Sort it out for fucks sake BR, go back to the diamond and play F***ing two upfront you little shithouse.

You say Firmino needs to start firing soon because he cost a lot of money but that's not his problem. We chose to spend that money on him. The only reason he 'needs' to start firing soon is because Brendan can't pick a squad and setup to save his life so somebody has to bail him out.

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #764: Sep 13, 2015 07:16:52 am
      saw only the first half, (had to go out) saw the 4 goals late at night
      So I can talk only on the first 45 minutes
       we were scared of going up, we sat in our half waiting for the mancs to come at us, and the worst when occasionally we got the ball we lost it after 1/2/ passes ,It really showed how much we miss Hendo and Phillippe
       guess the 2nd half was the same seeing the  score
      YNWA

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #765: Sep 13, 2015 07:19:33 am
      How the FooK can people here name Benteke man of the match?.... With the exception of the goal He had little to no real impact on the game.... Can on the other hand played his heart out...Strange
      Agreed.

Benteke's goal was awesome, but Can's overall display - whilst not world class - was above that of the players around him. That said, I'm still not convinced we know Can's best position.

I thought Clyne did well too, until Young went past him and got the free kick (albeit a soft one) which lead to the goal.
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2015 07:34:40 am by Rush »
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #766: Sep 13, 2015 07:31:49 am
      Im still pissed off by the match coz if anything else there should have been some fight, passion and desire to win This fixture. There was nothing. No tempo or structure to our play. Whenever somebody got cornered he lumped it up hoping Benteke would chase after it or win the header yet he had no support around him.
      Im not gonna continue about players out of position coz it was obvious....yet when the teams were announced i was happy to see 2 Strikers and thought Yes, we gonna have a go at them! Added to that i saw they put up Fellaini as their fwd and i thought, this is just disrespectful, a smack in our faces...and i thought we would definitely win if we went at them.
      Sadly what followed was the worst 45mins of football ever in this fixture and in the  second half the worst part was that BR didnt even attempt to change his plan or alter it tactically in any way.
      Im sorry to say but our team will get slaughtered by Everton if we play this way and i doubt anybody here would even wanna risk having BR here for that game.
      He needs to go or else he needs to abandon his strange tactics and play the players on form and in their position and hope it improves.
      Can anybody hand on heart say that they see us beating any team convincingly?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #767: Sep 13, 2015 07:59:00 am
      I would have taken the draw before ko, and I was happy enough with it at ht. But as usual, when one goes on, the roof falls in.

Benteke was my motm. He got little service, but when he did, he held the ball up waiting for support, which didn't always arrive. Then he scores a goal fit to win any game, if the defenders actually defended after the break.

At least the next game is just a few days away. I wouldn't like to have to sit on this result for another week.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #768: Sep 13, 2015 08:09:17 am
      Going to be a long season. The main reason as to why the team did a lot of business early was so that the manager could get his setup right by the start of the season, and thus far, I doubt anyone knows what the idea is going forward.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,040 posts | 336 
      Reply #769: Sep 13, 2015 09:01:19 am
      Thinking on, I know most of the lads played poorly, and some of the prime targets have got the usual stick (Mings, Lovren, Skrtel, Lucas, Milner) but to be effective any team has to be better than the sum of its parts.  Our team is currently far, far worse than the sum of its parts. 

These aren't bad players.  They just don't look motivated, they don't seem determined, they clearly are uncomfortable with what they are doing.  Hell, they hardly look as if they've even met before.

Much as I've defended BR, that's got to be down to him, fairly and squarely. 

For the sake of our great club, I hope we part company after this.  Time for something different.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #770: Sep 13, 2015 09:16:26 am
      I feel sorry for Firmino, who made something like 5 tackles just in the first half - all of them at right back. This is a 28m pounds player who is used to play centrally, close to the striker - and with Coutinho out, you would have thought he could be accommodated here, but that wasn't to be. No, Rodgers had different plans for him.

I feel sorry for Ings who seemed to be our most dangerous attacking player when he got the ball close to the goal, which sadly did not happen very often. He sure can do a job cutting inside once in a while but that's not what he should have been brought for - even less so to cover for Gomez in defense. He is a striker.

Lifted this bit from a heartfelt, cracking, post and it hit the nail on the head (for me) after watching that pish yesterday.

We had most success with a front three of Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez - whilst they may not be up to that standard (yet); the closest we have to that threat will be Ings, Sturridge and Firmino...

... Let him loose ffs.

I have watched quite a bit of the Bundesliga in recent years and to my untrained eye, I can assure you Roberto is not, currently, playing in his best position. Why? F**k only knows.

If I were 'king' he'd line up with Ings and Benteke [Sturridge when fit] in a fluid, flexible front three and given free rein across the final third.

I'm afraid the fear of losing has crept, like a toxic ooze, into the club again. If you're going down Brendan (which, let's be honest: keep this sh*t up and you are) at least go down with all guns blazing and a bit of Irish fighting spirit about you.  >:D

That F***ing hurt yesterday.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #771: Sep 13, 2015 09:33:17 am
      Yeah but do you allow someone to take the job that's advertised the s*n newspaper? I suppose it's a moral thing!!

I wasn't aware of that to be honest. I've never read newspapers, as frankly it's only ever old news.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #772: Sep 13, 2015 11:07:52 am
      Apart from players being uncomfortable with playing out of position, I really don't think ANY of the players believe in what they are asked to do !
      Just watching the individual performances, imo, it seems there is a total lack of belief and enjoyment in what they are doing!
       I don't think they trust in Brendans tactics and set up any more !
      Time for change before it's too late.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #773: Sep 13, 2015 11:28:53 am
      Oh, we have been unfortunate. We didn't have Henderson, Sturridge, Coutinho etc.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #774: Sep 13, 2015 12:10:47 pm
      Oh, we have been unfortunate. We didn't have Henderson, Sturridge, Coutinho etc.
      Well to be fair, if you took out any team's leading proven goalscorer, their most creative play maker, and their captain and main midfield engine, it would hurt any team.

I'm not making excuses for him, and yes, Rodgers doesn't seem to be getting the best out of what players he does have at his disposal, but it's still going to hamper any manager having 3 key players missing and a possible 4th starter in Lallana

I just think we need to wait until most if not all those key players are back before we think of pulling the trigger
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #775: Sep 13, 2015 12:22:27 pm
      Well to be fair, if you took out any team's leading proven goalscorer, their most creative play maker, and their captain and main midfield engine, it would hurt any team.

I'm not making excuses for him, and yes, Rodgers doesn't seem to be getting the best out of what players he does have at his disposal, but it's still going to hamper any manager having 3 key players missing and a possible 4th starter in Lallana

I just think we need to wait until most if not all those key players are back before we think of pulling the trigger

Not buying that at all mate.

The test of a good manager is how he makes the most of the players he has at his disposal.

We had good players out on that pitch yesterday who in more capable hands would have easily been a match for that average United side.

Rodgers makes too many poor managerial decisions and has done for over a year now. If he has to rely on two or three players all the tine every game then he will never win anything.

Look at City yesterday, no Silva, no Sterling, lost Aguero early in the match, yet they still won without conceding against a very good Palace side.

Rodgers is out of his depth we need a manager of Pellegrini's caliber.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,012 posts | 523 
      Reply #776: Sep 13, 2015 01:45:54 pm

Sorry, but no.

We spent all of last season making allowances for Sturridge being out etc.
      I could keep giving him the benefit of the doubt ( just about) for 1 season, but not for another 1.
      He's all out of credit.
      I dont care if the entire teams come down with the screaming abdabs, its time for Brendan to put up or go.

In any case, we just spent £30m on an alternative to Sturridge, and £28m on an alternative to Coutinho, both of whom were fit and on the pitch.
      Bottom line is - that team should have been able to give their opponents a game. If we lose, we lose, I can accept it. But yet another timid, purposeless performance in the vein of last season is enough.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #777: Sep 13, 2015 01:55:52 pm
      I started getting ready to go out before we scored so I never saw the goal, then in someones house I saw the goal, F**k meeee that was an amazing goal.
      I'll remember where I was when I first saw THE goal.

Couldn't insert a gif sorro, I tried about 5 web hosting sites, I'm doing something wrong here on this site though, not sure what.
      Advice anyone, how do you post a gif?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #778: Sep 13, 2015 02:00:25 pm
      Not buying that at all mate.

The test of a good manager is how he makes the most of the players he has at his disposal.

We had good players out on that pitch yesterday who in more capable hands would have easily been a match for that average United side.

Rodgers makes too many poor managerial decisions and has done for over a year now. If he has to rely on two or three players all the tine every game then he will never win anything.

Look at City yesterday, no Silva, no Sterling, lost Aguero early in the match, yet they still won without conceding against a very good Palace side.

Rodgers is out of his depth we need a manager of Pellegrini's caliber.

Hmm as much as I like the supreme gentleman Pellegrini, he inherited a winning team and stumbled badly in his first season with them, if he inherited our team, are they ready to win stuff? Not so sure about that, but we do actually have a great squad.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #779: Sep 13, 2015 02:11:37 pm
      Hmm as much as I like the supreme gentleman Pellegrini, he inherited a winning team and stumbled badly in his first season with them, if he inherited our team, are they ready to win stuff? Not so sure about that, but we do actually have a great squad.

Huh?? Stumbled badly in his first season with City??

He won the Premier League title and the League Cup!!!

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #780: Sep 13, 2015 02:17:47 pm
      Huh?? Stumbled badly in his first season with City??

He won the Premier League title and the League Cup!!!

Oh sh*t, my bad, do you think he'd win the league with our team? Just a question, put yourself as a neutral.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #781: Sep 13, 2015 02:22:14 pm
      Oh sh*t, my bad, do you think he'd win the league with our team? Just a question, put yourself as a neutral.

Well he's always played positive attacking football with the clubs he has managed and plays players in their natural positions so that would be a start.

He certainly seems to have City motivated again this season they look unbeatable.

But I would still rather Klopp as I think he would do a better job under FSG's constraints.

However I don't think any manager in the world would win the league with our current squad but we could at least be challenging for 3rd or 4th place.

Quick Reply