Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      8 (8.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (4.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      15 (15.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      11 (11.5%)
      Christian Benteke
      49 (51%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (2.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Sep 16, 2015 07:24:24 pm

Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match character

Read 38061 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Re: Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match character
      Reply #782: Sep 13, 2015 02:26:53 pm
      The master, Bastian Schweinsteiger ran the show from the first minute and showed his protege Emre Can how a midfield should be dominated, our inability to stop him playing his game lost us the game. Yes we had Hendo and Coutinho out, but as Brendan says, he trusts his squad, it's the group that counts. It's obvious that the "group" are not good enough and we will need very good fortune to have our main players fit the whole season. Sadly it was men against boys and the gap was glaringly obvious, it pains me to say it but true.

Nah not buying that either.

Schweinsteiger is slow as F**k his best days are long gone.

We easily matched United out there yesterday but the players were constrained by the managers negative tactics and lack of any ideas.

That result falls on Rodgers 100% not the players.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #783: Sep 13, 2015 02:30:31 pm
      Well he's always played positive attacking football with the clubs he has managed and plays players in their natural positions so that would be a start.

He certainly seems to have City motivated again this season they look unbeatable.

But I would still rather Klopp as I think he would do a better job under FSG's constraints.

However I don't think any manager in the world would win the league with our current squad but we could at least be challenging for 3rd or 4th place.

Say for instance, I backed BR, he deserves another season etc, I worry that if the owners boot him out we won't get Klopp we'll get someone non of us want.
      But Klopp seems to be emitting his mating call on the web, coo coo come and get me.
      Unfortunately I don't think we'll win anything with BR, I'll look back in fondness at the Suarez/Sturridge/Coutinho (and the team btw) era, that was the best football I've ever seen.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #784: Sep 13, 2015 02:37:37 pm
      Say for instance, I backed BR, he deserves another season etc, I worry that if the owners boot him out we won't get Klopp we'll get someone non of us want.
      But Klopp seems to be emitting his mating call on the web, coo coo come and get me.
      Unfortunately I don't think we'll win anything with BR, I'll look back in fondness at the Suarez/Sturridge/Coutinho (and the team btw) era, that was the best football I've ever seen.

The difference is a better manager would have won the league that season with Suarez/Sturridge/Sterling/Coutinho
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #785: Sep 13, 2015 02:47:19 pm
      The difference is a better manager would have won the league that season with Suarez/Sturridge/Sterling/Coutinho

Quite likely, but not necessarily, Brendan got our team firing on all cylinders, I forgot Sterling in the headliners there, we came out of the shadows to compete like that, now, at this point in time, with this squad, another manager would use them better and drill them  with some knowledge in training.
      We've had a good start to the season in ways, I'd expect us to lose to Man u away, it's the way we played which is a problem for me, Liverpool doesn't or shouldn't play that shitbag style of football, we'd given up before a ball was kicked against a Man u side that had Fellaini as a striker wtf man.
      The team aren't with the boss. That is clear.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #786: Sep 13, 2015 02:53:49 pm
      Just square pegs in round holes for me. When I glanced at the team sheet yesterday and saw Ings and Bentekes name I thought, yes a diamond formation, then I saw Gomez,s name and then I knew it would be 4 3 3. Just bad tactics Brendan.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #787: Sep 13, 2015 03:04:54 pm
      Remember when one of the lovely mods used to put the link to full time in the OP of a match thread?

I used to love that......
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #788: Sep 13, 2015 03:08:21 pm
      Quite likely, but not necessarily, Brendan got our team firing on all cylinders, I forgot Sterling in the headliners there, we came out of the shadows to compete like that, now, at this point in time, with this squad, another manager would use them better and drill them  with some knowledge in training.
      We've had a good start to the season in ways, I'd expect us to lose to Man u away, it's the way we played which is a problem for me, Liverpool doesn't or shouldn't play that shitbag style of football, we'd given up before a ball was kicked against a Man u side that had Fellaini as a striker wtf man.
      The team aren't with the boss. That is clear.

Brendan did do well that season, but then so would most managers who were lucky enough to have a strike team of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling. If he'd managed to sort out the defence plus not completely fu**ed up against the chavs then we would have won the league, so yes it is his fault that he still hasn't EVER won a trophy.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #789: Sep 13, 2015 03:10:06 pm
      Just square pegs in round holes for me. When I glanced at the team sheet yesterday and saw Ings and Bentekes name I thought, yes a diamond formation, then I saw Gomez,s name and then I knew it would be 4 3 3. Just bad tactics Brendan.

arrrrghhhh right forgive my primal frustration shout there, what the hell is it with BR and playing everyone out of position? Like it's supposed to be  some masterstroke.
      Bob Paisley put it straight when he said don't make two changes when you can make one.
       Contemporary example, if you have a lesser left back in your team don't play a right back at left back, just play the natural left back.
      Where the F**k is José Enrique even if we don't play Moreno? Left backs.
      I'm not sure why I'm even focused on Gomez here, he did OK considering.
      It's the playing players out of their natural position I'm getting fu**ed off about.

Edited this because I said Luis Enrique instead on Jose, shows how long it is since I've seen the guy. Got to laugh sometimes... ;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #790: Sep 13, 2015 03:13:08 pm
      Only watched it today as I was in North Wales (on the moon).

We were God, God awful, lacked fight, lacked character, lacked leadership, lacked any decent in game management and worst of all I wasn't surprised by anything I seen.

And Martin Tyler came.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #791: Sep 13, 2015 03:23:30 pm
      Only watched it today as I was in North Wales (on the moon).

We were God, God awful, lacked fight, lacked character, lacked leadership, lacked any decent in game management and worst of all I wasn't surprised by anything I seen.

And Martin Tyler came.

I feel sorry for every Liverpool fan who had to watch that attempt at football.

Edited a bit here: At least our striker scored one of the best goals Ive ever seen.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #792: Sep 13, 2015 03:29:56 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThKvDDjHZBg

Come on, look at that goal, at least I can take a positive away from the game and it's not even a shitty positive, it's one of the best goals ever.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #793: Sep 13, 2015 03:33:24 pm
      ONLY POSITIVES...

Big Ben's goal & Ibe made a decent Impact when he came on.

Sorry but the rest were very very poor.

We made them look good though, there for the taking they were.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #794: Sep 13, 2015 03:34:23 pm
      He'd do a better job of getting his players fired up than Brendan can muster!

I doubt it. He'd be taken even less seriously. He's a F***ing joke.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #795: Sep 13, 2015 03:36:59 pm
      ONLY POSITIVES...

Big Ben's goal & Ibe made a decent Impact when he came on.

Sorry but the rest were very very poor.

We made them look good though, there for the taking they were.

I stopped watching after 80 minutes, why is this relevant? Because I missed one of the best goals ever.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #796: Sep 13, 2015 03:39:41 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThKvDDjHZBg

Come on, look at that goal, at least I can take a positive away from the game and it's not even a shitty positive, it's one of the best goals ever.

It's a very good goal, but one of the best ever, not for me.

And with what went on yesterday, means absolutely F**k all now, will be forgotten just like Coates' goal, because we got beat, score that in a win and there would be more people raving about it. There are no positives from yesterday, none!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #797: Sep 13, 2015 03:41:20 pm

And with what went on yesterday, means absolutely f**k all now, will be forgotten just like Coates' goal, because we got beat, score that in a win and there would be more people raving about it. There are no positives from yesterday, none!

Agreed, was a very good goal but Seb Coates is better for me if we're comparing similar goals. Still will rightly be a contender for goal of the season.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #798: Sep 13, 2015 03:44:26 pm

And with what went on yesterday, means absolutely F**k all now, will be forgotten just like Coates' goal, because we got beat, score that in a win and there would be more people raving about it. There are no positives from yesterday, none!

Yes and no, that goal will spread around the internet and we will forget this game but loads of people will remember that goal.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #799: Sep 13, 2015 03:46:29 pm
      WhileI agree with everything here Beer it won't ruin my weekend mate purely because I really am not that surprised and that is the biggest indictment against the current set up.

I'd ask anyone on here to sit and have a think for a minute and ask themselves if anything that happend tday really shocked them.
      The only surprise for me was it took Ashley Young entering the fay for the Mans to score
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #800: Sep 13, 2015 03:49:58 pm
      I doubt it. He'd be taken even less seriously. He's a f**king joke.

What? Above anything else, Harry Redknapp can motivate players. Something Brendan CLEARLY cannot do. I'm not saying he is the best manager in the world. I'm just making a point against Brendan's inability.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #801: Sep 13, 2015 03:50:03 pm
      Played his heart but did f**k all, unless you're on about first half when he went backwards and nearly ended up in a pure Keystone Kops effort with Mignolet.

Face it no one was worth motm, people are voting Benteke cos of the goal pure and simple. Me personally, I couldn't vote for any of them!
      He showed more drive and fight on the pitch than anyone else in a white shirt....

I do agree though there really was no motm
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2015 04:08:04 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #802: Sep 13, 2015 03:52:40 pm
      He should more drive and fight on the pitch than anyone else in a white shirt....

I do agree though there really was no motm

I disagree he sometimes does that cos he gets caught out of position because he's been shunted around that much - as one mate put it to me yesterday, he's learning his position all over again after last season!

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #803: Sep 13, 2015 04:06:23 pm

Schweinsteiger is slow as f**k his best days are long gone.

His best days may well be "long gone", but he does not have to be fast to pick out a past or position himself to receive the ball, He makes tackle and wins the ball back, and Scores and is better than the players we have today, and may be if we had put in a offer for him then maybe we would have Benteke and like running on to balls instead of have his back to goal waiting to receive a ball, and we would also have his quality at Free kicks... Pirlo is slow as f**k his best days are long gone. but I would not like LFC playing against him
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2015 09:01:24 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #804: Sep 13, 2015 04:06:39 pm
      Looking at that yesterday got me to wondering where are all the posters gone who wanted Stevie out of that midfield he was the one slowing it all down ,well he wouldn't have caved in like that shower . As poor a display against them cnuts as I can remember. No passion no heart and certainly no fight .
      Fck we even beat them with Babbel in the team and make no bones about it they are not a good team , from playing players out of position to players simply not good enough its fckin shambolic , and although I wanted the gaffer gone a long time ago simply changing him won't change much not with the shower of sh*t at the helm,
      Feel fckin sick at the moment we are rudderless and it's no good saying its early doors this has been coming for many months now we simply can't fckin defend and that's a basic requirement to move forward , Brendan does carry the cam for that .

Quick Reply