Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      8 (8.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (4.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      15 (15.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      11 (11.5%)
      Christian Benteke
      49 (51%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (2.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Sep 16, 2015 07:24:24 pm

Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match character

Read 37787 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match character
      Reply #805: Sep 13, 2015 04:49:30 pm
      What? Above anything else, Harry Redknapp can motivate players. Something Brendan CLEARLY cannot do. I'm not saying he is the best manager in the world. I'm just making a point against Brendan's inability.

I'll have to disagree with that mate, from the horses mouth, Gerrard said in his new book that if he becomes a manager he wants to have Rafas tactical nous and Brendans man management.

I think it's more what others have said before, he's lost his identity, he's signed too many players and he's trying to make them fit and unfortunately it seems to be beyond him at this point, He's got till chrimbo to get it sorted and if we aren't top four at least three points clear of fifth then we'll see Klopp on the bench in January.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #806: Sep 13, 2015 06:13:56 pm

I said yesterday that that was the most bias I've heard from a commentator since that other one called Suarez a cheat, his massive YESSSSSSS! when that kid scored swiftly followed by him saying that goal justified his price tag was nothing short of shameful.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #807: Sep 13, 2015 06:24:54 pm
      I said yesterday that that was the most bias I've heard from a commentator since that other one called Suarez a cheat, his massive YESSSSSSS! when that kid scored swiftly followed by him saying that goal justified his price tag was nothing short of shameful.

On a F***ing par with his wankathon over that F***ing Macheda goal!!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #808: Sep 13, 2015 08:06:58 pm
      I had to watch that steaming pile of sh*t in a bar in Manchester surrounded by them ,it,was bloody horrible.
      My hopes were briefly raised when I clocked no Rooney ,happy days I thought BR will see this and go for it,be brave play three strikers up front blitz them!!!!!!!!!.
      Did he F**k wtf was that formation ??ings and ferminho playing more or less as wingers,launching balls to Big Ben .utter dross and a more depressing game against that lot I cannot remember .
      Went and watched my mate boxing at the ritz later he got knocked out so it wasn't a great day out in Manchester .
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #809: Sep 13, 2015 09:30:03 pm
      Wasted a lot of money on average players, and  dreamt we could hang with the top four,  :lmao:

Yesterday was scary, Utd are playing average football at present and in the second half we were made to look just that. Average.

Yes we had players missing, but FFS we have wasted money on players that can't even perform when given the chance, I almost wished that we still had Hicks & Gillette as owners (Almost) at least we could then buy proven players and not players with "Potential" that never come to anything.

I know they (H&G) are not the answer,History and all, but I wish FSG would just let the manager buy the players we need regardless of resalable value and age, for at this rate in three years time we will be a mid to bottom club,with No Gomez, No Clyne, No Ibe and No Coutinho. For who really wants to go down with a sinking ship?
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2015 09:34:12 pm by racerx34 »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #810: Sep 13, 2015 09:58:16 pm

Worth every penny he said. Was that bad it was hilarious.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #811: Sep 13, 2015 11:51:22 pm
      I can't remember the last time we lacked so much in such a big game. We had nothing. No fight, no spirit, no interest. I'm the same as a lot of those on here that have run out of patience with Rodgers.

Look at the difference, Swansea vs United with United winning one nil, Gary Monk changes his formation and puts two up top with Ayew making a huge difference.
      Why is it when it goes tits up can't Rodgers change it up. We need to play with two up front. I'm disgusted with our performance and feel very angry with what I see happening at our club.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #812: Sep 13, 2015 11:54:12 pm
      I can't remember the last time we lacked so much in such a big game.

You only started watching us for a week or so mate?

It's been happening for quite a while now.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #813: Sep 13, 2015 11:55:23 pm
      What? Above anything else, Harry Redknapp can motivate players. Something Brendan CLEARLY cannot do. I'm not saying he is the best manager in the world. I'm just making a point against Brendan's inability.

You're embarrassing yourself.

For you to say you'd see Harry Redknapp touch the this is Anfield sign on his way out to manage Liverpool is a cardinal sin and you should be ashamed of yourself. I actually almost feel like you should apologise.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #814: Sep 14, 2015 12:00:14 am
      In a strange way, I'm looking forward to re-watching this, dispassionately. Poor game between two poor teams and a two goal margin flattered them.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #815: Sep 14, 2015 12:16:45 am
      You only started watching us for a week or so mate?

It's been happening for quite a while now.

A little over a month for your information
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #816: Sep 14, 2015 12:18:14 am
      A little over a month for your information

Just to clarify I was only joking but have you really only started watching us in the last omnth or so?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #817: Sep 14, 2015 12:38:37 am
      That was the worst and most non event "derby" I have seen in my lifetime as a Liverpool supporter. That first half was F***ing dire and an embarrassment for the Premier League when you take into consideration some dubbing it the 500m game prior to kick off in reference to what both sides spent on their squads.

They were sh*t and we were even shi**er hand on heart I can say for the first time since Woy I really feel like there is no way out of this  not under current management and it's a sad sad state of affairs having to make that admission 5 games in to the season.

We just look so dire at the moment sh*t on a stick football by a squad bereft of any confidence there just looks like there is no way back as soon as we concede a goal, square pegs in round holes around the park and you can make all the accusations about FSG and the financial support or lack of apparently but ultimately the decision around match day squads, formations and tactics are made by the manager and right now he is falling way short of any expectation.

Completely bottled it at home against West Ham and again playing one of the poorest United sides in a while.

Don't know where we will go from here.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #818: Sep 14, 2015 05:01:36 am
      This game made me hate the prem, that's how bad it was.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #819: Sep 14, 2015 08:09:01 am
      You're embarrassing yourself.

For you to say you'd see Harry Redknapp touch the this is Anfield sign on his way out to manage Liverpool is a cardinal sin and you should be ashamed of yourself. I actually almost feel like you should apologise.

Not that I want Harry Redknapp, but he'd do a better job than Brendan is. Players have no faith in Brendan, hence why he can't get them up, even for big games.

Brendan needs to go. Virtually any top flight manager would do a better job IMO.

Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #820: Sep 14, 2015 08:44:00 am
      On the bright side, we have henderson and Coutinho back, Sturridge not long. We need 2 quality players in in January and then we have depth but still think we should offload the crap we have like Allen, Lovren etc.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #821: Sep 14, 2015 09:34:11 am
      Just to clarify I was only joking but have you really only started watching us in the last omnth or so?

Are you for real😂
      U
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #822: Sep 14, 2015 10:49:24 am
      On the bright side, we have henderson and Coutinho back, Sturridge not long. We need 2 quality players in in January and then we have depth but still think we should offload the crap we have like Allen, Lovren etc.

Buy more players? Are you mental? There are plenty of decent players in the squad. It's Brendan lack of managerial skills that are the problem.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #823: Sep 14, 2015 11:44:51 am
      Buy more players? Are you mental? There are plenty of decent players in the squad. It's Brendan lack of managerial skills that are the problem.
      Really not have a pop at you mate, But are you serious??

Defence
      Toure:- Legs simple do not carry him anymore
      Lovren:- Where do I start
      Enrique :- whether it is due to injuries just does not seem to have it anymore

Mid-Field
      Allan:- Simple Average
      Lallana:- over rated, decision making all wrong, No end product
      Lucas:- sang his praise against Arsenal, since then back to the same old Average DM player he always was

Strikers
      Benteke:- Vastly Over rate in our system, beside the odd wonder goal offers very little else… Will score goal for us, but I fear the will be very few
      Ings:- another talent yet average strike like Benteke will score, just not that many

And these are just the one here and not on loan.

We spent £80m on just Lovren, Lallana, and Benteke… When Chelsea, City, Utd, or Arsenal spend that type of money you can beat your house that it is very, very rarely on a flop or average player, or the player can not play in their system…

We need to dump this “Resalable Value“ crap and start buying “Proven Quality” players that fit the system, and style that we wish to play and will move us back up the table and help so regain the prospect of play CL football regularly..

We should be patient with our buys, one or maybe two “Real” quality players a season and not just hoping to buy 6-8 players and we may get one or two gems from them.
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #824: Sep 14, 2015 01:00:58 pm
      I'm beginning to agree with the school of thought that believes our 'almost premiership' win was due, more to SAS, than the Manager.

With the crop of players we have right now, I don't see how Brendan is unable to churn out wins after wins.

If he gets shown the door, it would be nobody's fault but his.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #825: Sep 14, 2015 02:26:09 pm
      Worth every penny he said. Was that bad it was hilarious.

I think he followed up with "I didn't think we'd see Benteke's goal upstaged, but I think we may have just seen just that!". What a complete and utter moron. There is biased and then there is the downright ridicilous. Benteke's goal is a contender for the goal of the season. Martial's goal was a bit of a fluke given how he got past Skrtl, and then it was just a good finish, nothing special. Can't stand Sky commentators and their constant tongue rimming of United. Pure d1ck.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #826: Sep 14, 2015 03:19:58 pm
      skrtel made martial look like henry
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #827: Sep 15, 2015 04:27:45 pm
      Just back from Spain, having decided to have a no internet/TV week while there and just saw this..... gutted! Was disappointed I'd miss the game but... now I'm scared to watch highlights..

Quick Reply