Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who will win?

Bordeaux Win
      21 (33.3%)
      Draw
      20 (31.7%)
      Liverpool Win
      22 (34.9%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: Sep 17, 2015 01:27:13 pm

FC Girondins de Bordeaux vs Liverpool FC. Thu 17 September 2015, KO 1800 BST

Read 16742 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      FC Girondins de Bordeaux vs Liverpool FC. Thu 17 September 2015, KO 1800 BST
      Sep 13, 2015 01:26:07 pm

FC Girondins de Bordeaux vs Liverpool FC

May be a bit early, but I need a little diversion from our EPL plight.

We have only met Bordeaux once before, Bordeaux met then-European champions Liverpool in the 2006/07 UEFA Champions League group stage; Rafael Benítez's Reds won 1-0 in Bordeaux and 3-0 at Anfield. Seems such a long time ago, one of the few games I actually got too.

At present our UEFA ranking is 42nd whilst Bordeaux's is 85th. On this stat alone, it's an away win, but stats can always be misleading, hence the bookies.

Personally if we get anything from this I'll be amazed. Bordeaux are 10th in their league, played 5 with 6pts, where as we are 9th with 7pts after the same amount of games, so it seems we are evenly matched from a very simplistic point of view.

With very little European pedigree within our ranks this is going to be a huge acid test for all. Actually that'snot quite true, the away fans have a European pedigree.

The game will be played at the The Matmut Atlantique stadium. The stadium was initially named as Stade Atlantique, then a deal was signed to give the naming rights to the insurance company Matmut for ten years. Construction began in 2013 and ended in April 2015. The stadium was opened on 18 May 2015.

We have to play our strongest team, and those players need to play in their strongest position. No excuses from who ever is in charge.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: FC Girondins de Bordeaux vs Liverpool FC. Thu 17 September 2015, KO 1800 BST
      Reply #1: Sep 13, 2015 01:46:16 pm
      I think we need to mix things up a little for this game. Certainly the squad players can hardly do worse than the "first teamers" have.

Bogdan

Clyne            Toure             Sakho          Moreno

Lucas 
                        Can         Henderson

Coutinho

Origi      Ings     

Should win this one comfortably 2-0

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: FC Girondins de Bordeaux vs Liverpool FC. Thu 17 September 2015, KO 1800 BST
      Reply #2: Sep 13, 2015 02:17:11 pm
      Why should we win this comfortably Saint ?

We are utterly dreadful at the moment and do not look like we can beat any team whatsoever.

He should play our strongest team with players in the correct position and try and get some confidence back into the squad but he won't he will f**k it up as usual.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #3: Sep 13, 2015 02:22:06 pm
      Well, will be try something radical or will we try and keep it safe, I think we'll try and keep it safe. The problem is-> nothing gets achieved by keeping it safe.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #4: Sep 13, 2015 02:28:13 pm
      We are very poor at the moment. It will be a hard away game. Drop the current dross like Lovren, play the players in their correct positions, such as Sakho and Gomez as CB's, and give it 110%!!!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #5: Sep 13, 2015 02:29:06 pm
      Why should we win this comfortably Saint ?

We are utterly dreadful at the moment and do not look like we can beat any team whatsoever.

He should play our strongest team with players in the correct position and try and get some confidence back into the squad but he won't he will f**k it up as usual.

I don't believe even Brendan is stupid enough to stick with one up top after yesterdays game.  As for our strongest team ... who the F**k knows what our strongest team is... Brendan certainly doesn't.

I think the return to two up top with Coutinho pulling the strings will be more than enough to beat Bordeaux, while I think we have quite a few players who will have a point to prove... given the chance.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #6: Sep 13, 2015 03:13:00 pm
      Bogdan

Gomez  Toure  Sakho Enrique

Lucas

Rossiter  Teixeira

Ibe  Origi  Ings

Ideally I'd have had Ilori in for Toure and Markovic in for Ibe but apparently we were better off loaning them out. I'd have had Markovic in the 1o at thetip of a diamond as well but I don't think Ibe can play that role so it's a 4 3 3 but with Ings and Ibe playing closer to Origi with the full backs, especially Enrique, providing the width.

No chance this will happen but Brendan did say he was going to play two different side this season so let's see how close to that he will get to.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #7: Sep 13, 2015 03:15:25 pm
      Bogdan

Gomez  Toure  Sakho Enrique

Lucas

Rossiter  Tiexeira

Ibe  Origi  Ings

Ideally I'd have had Ilori in for Toure and Markovic in for Ive but apparently we were better off loaning them out. I'd have had Markovic in the 1o at thetip of a diamond as well but I don't think Ibe can play that role so it's a 4 3 3 but with Ings and Ibe playing closer to Origi with the full backs, especially Enrique, providing the width.

No chance this will happen but Brendan did say he was going to play two different side this season so let's see how close to that he will get to.

What a team, good selection.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #8: Sep 13, 2015 03:32:51 pm
      I'd take a draw given the sh*te we've seen recently and our record in Europe.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      Reply #9: Sep 13, 2015 05:07:44 pm
      For anyone who may be interested, this is on BTSport, no Ch5 or ITV4 this time around.

Does anyone know if the free channels will be showing any of the Europa League games?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10: Sep 13, 2015 05:13:41 pm
      For anyone who may be interested, this is on BTSport, no Ch5 or ITV4 this time around.

Does anyone know if the free channels will be showing any of the Europa League games?

The UEFA Europa League is exclusively live on BT Sport for 2015/16, with ITV recently losing the their TV broadcast rights.

http://www.wheresthematch.com/live-europa-league-football-on-tv/

Looks like it's BT sport or nothing mate
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      Reply #11: Sep 13, 2015 05:20:20 pm
      The UEFA Europa League is exclusively live on BT Sport for 2015/16, with ITV recently losing the their TV broadcast rights.

http://www.wheresthematch.com/live-europa-league-football-on-tv/

Looks like it's BT sport or nothing mate

For fucks sake, where do I start? :mad:

So essentially if you want to see your team play you need to cough up a sh*t load of money.

How can you get passionate about something you can't see?
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #12: Sep 13, 2015 07:10:36 pm
      I have BT Sport, but the punchline is you have to pay even extra for BT Sport Europe to see these games. This country's broadcasting of football is robbery.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #13: Sep 13, 2015 07:41:48 pm
      I have BT Sport, but the punchline is you have to pay even extra for BT Sport Europe to see these games. This country's broadcasting of football is robbery.

Football fans get mugged in the ground and in theri own homes these days
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #14: Sep 13, 2015 07:44:06 pm
      Can we have another box " I haven't got a clue" which team will turn up is anyones guess
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #15: Sep 13, 2015 10:38:52 pm
      I'm afraid iv'e got to the point where I think Brendan has lost it. I don't think he's capable of motivating the players any more. I don't think they believe in what he's asking them to do. For that reason, I'm expecting us to get beaten . I'm slowly dying inside saying it, but I think it will be 2 - 1.
      It could also be Brendans last game in charge.
      I hope he see's sense and pulls it all together with the necessary changes, and we slaughter them,  but I just don't see it happening.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #16: Sep 13, 2015 10:38:54 pm

ITV have highlights show from 10.40 on the Thursdays of Europa League games involving British teams.

After losing the last two games, we could do with a win just for confidence sakes. F**k knows what team Brendan will play.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #17: Sep 13, 2015 11:32:20 pm
      FT: Liverpool 31, Bordeaux -7
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #18: Sep 14, 2015 12:48:49 am
      Have zero desire to wake up at 3am and watch this after our last performance.

F**k know what to expect anymore maybe Bogdan played as right wing.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #19: Sep 14, 2015 08:56:34 am
      Will be interesting to see if Enrique gets minutes in this one.

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #20: Sep 14, 2015 08:59:19 am
      Will be interesting to see if Enrique gets minutes in this one.

I hope so mate we need a decent right winger with pace.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #21: Sep 14, 2015 09:01:47 am
      I hope so mate we need a decent right winger with pace.

erm Enrique is a LB.

point being, Moreno was rubbish last season, Gomez after a good start has had some shaky moments.

Maybe the unthinkable has happened and Enrique will get a shot.

Keep in mind he was never relegated to where he is now because he's not quality.  It's just because he's perennially injured.

if he can stay fit then maybe he can indeed reclaim his spot.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #22: Sep 14, 2015 09:03:33 am
      erm Enrique is a LB.

point being, Moreno was rubbish last season, Gomez after a good start has had some shaky moments.

Maybe the unthinkable has happened and Enrique will get a shot.

Keep in mind he was never relegated to where he is now because he's not quality.  It's just because he's perennially injured.

if he can stay fit then maybe he can indeed reclaim his spot.

Cmon Fed I was taking the piss !

I like Enrique always have.

Quick Reply