Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Windows 10

Read 15116 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Windows 10
      Reply #23: Nov 25, 2015 07:07:03 pm
      Been using Windows 10 for a couple of months now. Apart from a huge update that took about 3 tries to install everything has gone pretty smoothly.

The only real downside for me is that I have had to (well decided to) give up on I.E. and change to Chrome as I.E. just wouldn't behave  as I wanted it to.

Decided to keep it and have included it in my main backup now. 

I hardly ever use IE. I've been Firefox for years now. Don't even like Chrome. If you took away my Firefox I wouldn't know what to do ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #24: Nov 25, 2015 07:17:49 pm
      I hardly ever use IE. I've been Firefox for years now. Don't even like Chrome. If you took away my Firefox I wouldn't know what to do ;D

I used to use Firefox a good while ago , but I found a lot of the sites I visited didn't open properly with Firefox. No doubt all those problems have been resolved now, so I may give it a go if I decide Chrome isn't up to the job.

I use newsgroups a lot which was the main problem I had before with Firefox.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #25: Nov 25, 2015 07:49:28 pm
      Went to W10 a few days ago, it's the same as 7 as far as I can see apart from the start the start menu.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #26: Mar 24, 2016 07:31:15 am
      Used win 8 and 8.1 for ages on my shop bought PC then used win 10 for 3 or 4 months, then built a computer and tried getting a copy of win 7 again. Luckily the local market had two copies of win 7 pro.
      I could "upgrade" to 10 again for free, I'll tell you what, I feel like I have my own computer now, instead of some rented computer that Microsoft mothers me about and meddles in my own property which I paid hard earned money for.
      You can turn off all the telemetry stuff on win 10 but! You'll find it'll just decide to change your app choices and then you'll go to the 2nd control panel they have and your software won't be listed. It's smooth on the services streamlined side of things which is cool, it's also kind of a childish OS.

Why have two control panels? wtf is that %^&

I've used many Operating systems- over 20 linux ditro's and Windows from 95 onwards, believe me, Win 7 is the best.

Win 8.1 and 10 are still efficient, but they come with that nannying sh*t that I'd rather not have any more. I used to spend so much time just tinkering with the OS to be useful and not get in my way, now I just don't even need to.

I like change, it's not even because I'm unwilling to learn new things. I know windows 8 and 10 inside out. I don't need that sh*t in my life.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Jun 20, 2016 03:33:48 pm
      Don't upgrade. This lousy piece of sh*t made my laptop useless. Wifi didn't work at all.

Upgraded, rolled back and reinstalled drivers and nothing worked. Tried every tip and program to fix it that Google suggested.

Only got a non-Mac product to have access to one or two programs I didn't want to run off Parallels/Bootcamp. Majorly regret it. Wish I had Windows 7 which was the only one I liked.

Now rolling back to Windows 8. The less-sh*t version of this junk.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #28: Jun 20, 2016 04:09:13 pm
      Don't upgrade. This lousy piece of sh*t made my laptop useless. Wifi didn't work at all.

Upgraded, rolled back and reinstalled drivers and nothing worked. Tried every tip and program to fix it that Google suggested.

Only got a non-Mac product to have access to one or two programs I didn't want to run off Parallels/Bootcamp. Majorly regret it. Wish I had Windows 7 which was the only one I liked.

Now rolling back to Windows 8. The less-sh*t version of this junk.

Been using W10 for awhile no, absolutely no issues whatsoever. But I have heard of folks having driver issues. Sucks that it doesn't work for you because it's way better than Windows 8 which is garbage in my opinion.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Jun 21, 2016 09:48:00 am
      Been using W10 for awhile no, absolutely no issues whatsoever. But I have heard of folks having driver issues. Sucks that it doesn't work for you because it's way better than Windows 8 which is garbage in my opinion.

I don't use it for that many things so as long as it does enough I'm happy.

But couldn't even surf the web with 10. Very relieved I could switch back instantly.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #30: Jun 21, 2016 10:06:26 am

I've been using it a while now too. Only real problem I have had is that I have had two hard drives fail since I got it. Maybe coincidence, but reading online it seems to be a common problem with Windows 10, especially with hybrid drives like mine. Luckily my second Hard drive was still under warranty so they are exchanging it. Just wish I was more conscientious about backups.

Not had a problem with driver issues mate, only with hard drives.

« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2016 11:52:24 am by s@int »

Quick Reply