Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will we miss Harry Kewell?

Yes
      (16.5%)
      No
      (83.5%)

Harry Kewell (Liverpool - > Galatasaray)

Read 35554 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Harry Kewell (Liverpool - > Galatasaray)
      Oct 30, 2007 10:21:12 pm
      Right.

There are probably more threads on Harry Kewell on this forum than any other player.

About 10 'When will Harry Kewell be fit?'
      About 5 linking him to other clubs
      And another few from you blind Aussies who worship at his feet  ;)

All Harry Kewell discussion from now on goes in this thread.

The reason? He is almost definitely in last chance saloon time now.  His contract is due to expire in June 2008 and tomorrow (Wednesday) he is likely to make yet another return to the first team squad against Cardiff.

In fact the Associated Press started their article with the phrase....

'Harry Kewell is set to make his belated seasonal return for Liverpool's first team...'

This really IS the final call for Harry Kewell.
      « Last Edit: Oct 11, 2009 06:25:00 am by ayrton77 »
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: The Official Harry Kewell thread
      Reply #1: Oct 30, 2007 10:38:36 pm
      I hope he doesn't start on the left hand side as that would be taking valuable experience from Leto.  He should come off the bench to replace Leto if anything.  I wouldn't play him up front as I think this is an excellent opportunity to try Babbel.
      « Last Edit: Oct 30, 2007 11:15:30 pm by king kenny »
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #2: Oct 30, 2007 10:59:58 pm
      ?

Leto and Kewell are both left side players...

I'd play Kewell at left wing and sub Leto in at half time against Cardiff.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #3: Oct 30, 2007 11:14:37 pm
      I meant left side, but Kewell can play in any game these games are for players like leto. so for me leto starts and after an hour kewell can be used as a substitute.  Leto has shown potential for their reserves he deserves his chances.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Oct 30, 2007 11:39:15 pm

Oo... er.

Come on Harry.  Sack your missus, she's a sh*t physio.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #5: Oct 31, 2007 12:20:08 am
      I'd really like to see Babel given a shot in his preferred position (up front) tomorrow.

But more likely we'll see a Crouch / El Zhar double act.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Oct 31, 2007 12:39:33 am
      Harold 'Pele' Kewell

:lmao:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #7: Oct 31, 2007 12:49:17 am
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #8: Oct 31, 2007 12:53:07 am
      I'd really like to see Babel given a shot in his preferred position (up front) tomorrow.

yeah i agree with that one mate, Babel deserves a shot up front, give veronin a break for this game. he always drifts to the inside any way. that way kewell and leto can play maybe a half each, i think that would benefit both players. I'm not a fan of leto too much yet, which is why id like to see him prove himself in games like these instead of the bigger games as he hasn't coped so far. personally id like to see kewell play the full 90 but i dont think that will happen.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4925 
      Reply #9: Oct 31, 2007 01:01:16 am

All Harry Kewell discussion from now on goes in this thread.

Come on JD. I would have expected better from you mate!!! :D ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Oct 31, 2007 01:20:07 am
      I'm not a fan of leto too much yet, which is why id like to see him prove himself in games like these instead of the bigger games as he hasn't coped so far. personally id like to see kewell play the full 90 but I dont think that will happen.

I personally think Leto is a very promising player. He's looked a class act in the reserves so far and if he plays tomorrow I reckon he'll do quite well.
      I can see Kewell either on the left wing or up front tomorrow. Could possibly start on the left and then move up front with the introduction of Leto?
      Either way, it would be good to see him complete the full 90.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #11: Oct 31, 2007 12:41:30 pm
      From the official website.

Rafael Benitez believes the return of Harry Kewell to competitive action could be the equivalent of a new signing at the club. 
      Kewell could make his first start of the season against Cardiff City tonight when Liverpool go in search of a victory which would take them into the quarter finals of the Carling Cup.

Having impressed during a 45 minute run-out for the reserves last week, Benitez has welcomed Kewell's return after a lengthy lay off and believes the midfielder still has an important role to play at Anfield.

"He played well for the reserves and scored a good goal last week," said Benitez. "He is in the squad for tonight's game.

"He is confident and now wants to play some games in a row. He is training really well and I'm pleased to see him back again because he has been out for a long time.

"When you talk about Harry Kewell you talk about pace, ability, experience and about somebody who can score goals and play in different positions so it is clear he could be like a new signing for us."

Benitez is expected to ring the changes for tonight's Anfield clash, with a number of his fringe players likely to figure from the start.

"We have to be careful because we have so many injuries and we are playing a lot of games at the moment so we'll have to see who plays," he added.

"It depends on which players are fit. Lucas Leiva needs to play, Sebastian Leto needs to play and so does Fabio Aurelio.

"So I don't know how many players we can use from the reserves, but I know I will also need some of the senior players."

Looks like Harry is fit at last and will get a runout tonight.  Pleased to see Lucas, Leto and Aurelio are also in the frame so I am really looking forward to seeing if these players can maintain the form we have seen brief glimpses of.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #12: Oct 31, 2007 05:44:48 pm
      From the official website.

Rafael Benitez believes the return of Harry Kewell to competitive action could be the equivalent of a new signing at the club.

I can recall that from last season ???

New signing for the ressies.  ;)
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #13: Oct 31, 2007 05:52:10 pm
      Harrys certainly got a big incentive to do well for the rest of the season hes playing for his future..I think you may see him partner crouchy upfront tonight,with Leto and Babel on the wings..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #14: Oct 31, 2007 09:31:07 pm
      He's back
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #15: Oct 31, 2007 11:40:08 pm
      I personally think Leto is a very promising player.

Did you go tonight RK? Interested to know your opinions after tonight - obviously not in the Harry Kewell thread though.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #16: Oct 31, 2007 11:40:50 pm

20 minutes down.  Looked allright but by then Cardiff looked tired and a bit out of their depth.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #17: Oct 31, 2007 11:47:36 pm
      74 mins : Harry's gone up front with Peter
      77 mins : Kewell makes one of their lads look stupid
      78 mins : Yossi, Gerrard and Kewell look a class above whenever they get the ball

thats what i like to hear
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #18: Nov 01, 2007 12:02:37 am
      Did you go tonight RK? Interested to know your opinions after tonight - obviously not in the Harry Kewell thread though.

Yeah, I agree with what you said in the match thread JD.

Tell you what, Harold looked very confident tonight didn't he. He turned a Cardiff player inside out, was almost embarrasing....
      Looked fit and eager, walked off the pitch. Do we dare to be optimistic?..... :f_tongueincheek:
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #19: Nov 02, 2007 09:59:30 am
      I have a soft spot for HK, not in that way ;D I really wish him well & he has a great run out this season without injury. If he were to get 10 goals this season & force his way back into the team...I will have a wry smile on my face at the end of the season!

RAFA: HARRY CAN WIN NEW CONTRACT
      Jimmy Rice 02 November 2007
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N157545071102-0956.htm

Rafa Benitez has challenged Harry Kewell to force his hand over a new contract at Liverpool.

The Aussie winger - who returned from his latest injury setback with an impressive cameo against Cardiff in midweek - is coming to the end of his current deal.

Injury has meant he's played just a handful of games since the 2006 World Cup - but Benitez insists he could still have a long-term future at the club.

"This is a crucial stage of Harry's career," said the Liverpool boss.

"Because of his age and because he is finishing his contract he knows exactly how important this time is.

"But there is a way he can get a new contract - by working hard and playing well, playing games in a row and playing at his level. Nobody has any doubt about the quality of Harry. He's a fantastic player. It is his fitness.

"He has been working on things to try and stay fit. He is working with the physios and doing the right things.

"Today I am not thinking about the kind of contract. I am thinking about seeing him fit, seeing him playing well.

"It is always good to see him on the pitch, playing well and scoring goals, then we will decide."
      « Last Edit: Nov 02, 2007 10:26:09 am by DM Osbon »
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #20: Nov 02, 2007 11:54:33 am
      Id say lets give Harry 1 more chance he was playing well before last seasons injury,if he can return to form he might actually turn out to be one of our best players.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #21: Nov 02, 2007 12:42:41 pm
      Yeah, I agree with what you said in the match thread JD.

Tell you what, Harold looked very confident tonight didn't he. He turned a Cardiff player inside out, was almost embarrasing....
      Looked fit and eager, walked off the pitch. Do we dare to be optimistic?..... :f_tongueincheek:

Yes we dare!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

He always looks good when he's fit.  He's just a class player.

Like everyone else I just hope it's not another false dawn. :aaliverpoolwz0:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #22: Nov 02, 2007 05:29:01 pm
      Yes we dare!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

He always looks good when he's fit.  He's just a class player.

Like everyone else I just hope it's not another false dawn. :aaliverpoolwz0:

He just needs to stay fit! How that will ever happen I don't know.... :P

Quick Reply