Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will we miss Harry Kewell?

Yes
      (16.5%)
      No
      (83.5%)

Harry Kewell (Liverpool - > Galatasaray)

Read 35368 times
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Re: The Official Harry Kewell thread
      Reply #138: Mar 27, 2008 05:11:54 pm
      I'd be very happy to see the likes of Leto (if he's allowed), Insua or Putterill to get a run out.

yeah whats the whole situation with leto? would like to see him more often, had a couple of games and looked OK. and Insua looks top quality, could definately see him breaking into the first team
      MsGerrard
      Reply #139: Mar 27, 2008 05:13:48 pm
      As I can't see him ever having 90 mins for us again.

I don't think he could manage 90 minutes with anyone could he? :o

When was the last time he played a whole game?

He'd be injured after 10 anyway :laugh:...........but he'd come back for the final  ???
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #140: Mar 27, 2008 05:21:14 pm
      At the start of the season and champions league group stage when he was playin some part in every game and doing quite well I must admit I thought he was doing well to stay injury free and progressing enough to earn a new deal but then he was suddenly out the team and injured again and has been training with the reserves too. Now he is injured YET AGAIN I really cannot see him getting even a new 1 year deal. His career is finished at Liverpool now, he will probably only play the last 2 or 3 games. But he was great in his 1st season and has done great things at times so I wish him all the best at what ever club he goes to.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #141: Mar 27, 2008 05:27:23 pm
      yeah whats the whole situation with leto?

I think he has passport problems? I might be wrong. Bit of a strange one really.

I think the last time he played a whole game MsG was in the reserves against the mancs (and we won then ;)) a few weeks ago.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #142: Mar 27, 2008 06:56:30 pm
      Oh well the frustration grows as Kewell returns from international duty with an injury, sure that will be a big loss to us on sunday!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #143: Mar 27, 2008 09:40:11 pm
      Oh well the frustration grows as Kewell returns from international duty with an injury, sure that will be a big loss to us on sunday!

Shame.  I was hoping to play him up front instead of that Torres sh*te.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #144: Mar 27, 2008 09:54:16 pm
      May be Kewell could be used in some sort of deal with Blackburn if we go for Bentley...
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #145: Mar 27, 2008 09:57:52 pm
      May be Kewell could be used in some sort of deal with Blackburn if we go for Bentley...

Think that would be a good deal including Kewell, even if Blackburn or Kewell didn't want the swap deal and some cash to happen, and we we sign Bentley anyway, i think Kewell will shipped out ASAP.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #146: Mar 28, 2008 08:04:17 am

Think that would be a good deal including Kewell, even if Blackburn or Kewell didn't want the swap deal and some cash to happen, and we we sign Bentley anyway, I think Kewell will shipped out ASAP.

To reiterate numerous previous previous postings by EddieC.

HARRY kEWELL IS OUT OF CONTRACT THIS SUMMER.

He can go on a free anywhere he wants and so we can't sell him or use him as some sort of negotiating ploy for any other player.

I think the latest injury, which is now confirmed on the LFC Website puts the final nail in the coffin of his Liverpool career.  Shame because on his day he did play some really good football.  it's a pity those days were so few and far between.
      « Last Edit: Mar 28, 2008 01:28:31 pm by Oldred »
      bob_blah
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #147: Mar 31, 2008 10:57:54 am
      The scuttlebut going around the Australian A-League is that Kewell will be going there next season as a 'marquee' player for on of the bigger teams (Sydney FC is about the only one whose got the money to pay him anywhere near what he earns here). The advantage of that for him is that even if he only plays 2 games a season, the team will still draw big crowds just on the off chance that they will get to see him play.

He is still revered in Oz because of his service to the national team - hell, I would go to the fixtures of my home team in Oz when they are playing against a team with Kewell in it, just because it may be the day that he dazzles (if only for 20 minutes before limping off).
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #148: Apr 03, 2008 01:32:16 am
      Whats he actually getting paid for? Being a spectator of the Liverpool games? If we make the Champions League final don't be supprised to see this part-timer suddenly recover to full fitness in time for the game...
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #149: Apr 15, 2008 02:15:53 pm
      From SkySports, don't know how reliable it is, but for what it's worth (maybe it should go in the make your own rumour thread  ;)):

Kewell Juve talk denied
      Reds winger waits on future

Harry Kewell's personal manager has rejected reports linking the Liverpool man with a move to Juventus.

Reports emanating from Italy have suggested that Juventus are lining up a move for the Australian international.

Kewell's future at Liverpool remains in doubt as his current contract expires in the summer and as yet no new deal has been agreed.

The 29-year-old has been plagued by injuries during his spell at Anfield and he has not featured for Liverpool since the shock FA Cup defeat to Barnsley in February.

The news has alerted a number of clubs to Kewell's possible availability on a free transfer in the summer.

Juventus, Celtic, Bolton and Sunderland have all been credited with an interest in Kewell, but the player's representative Bernie Mandic says he has had no talks with any clubs and that the attacker will make a decision on his future at the end of the season.

No talks

"I have not spoken to anyone yet regarding a possible Bosman move for Harry," Mandic told skysports.com.

"Harry has not spoken to anyone and there have been no discussions with anyone from Juventus.

"We are basically waiting and seeing how things go for the rest of the season.

"There is no need to rush into anything for Harry and we will see what Liverpool say."

Mandic says there will no shortage of suitors for Kewell if he does become a free agent in the summer.

"If Harry does become a Bosman I think there will be no shortage of clubs interested as Harry has shown over the years what a great player he is," added Mandic.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #150: Apr 15, 2008 06:20:36 pm
      WELL thats the biggest laugh ive had all day (HARRY TO DECIDE IN THE SUMMER) my friend on youre way out hit the lights and shut the door,if Juve take him they must have more mugs on the board than my local cafe.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #151: Apr 15, 2008 06:26:22 pm
      Hasn't he gone yet?

Like on MTV, you've seen our crib now get out!

No, I liked Kewell just never made it at Liverpool and never will, Shame.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #152: Apr 15, 2008 06:47:17 pm
      Agree with Boot, i like harry but he has been very unlucky with injuries, and now is too old and too rusty and to be honest i think that rafa and most fans have lost patience with him
      maxextz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts | -13 
      • Id like To dip my cookies in your tears.
      Reply #153: Apr 16, 2008 08:56:26 pm
       maybe he will be ready for the final if we get there"funny that he only plays in finals", i for one cant wait to see the back of him, i read somewhere that his agent wants him to go on a "bosman" if theres no new deal done ??? cheeky bas**rds, after all we've only paid his wages for about 5 years and got noting in return :f_steam:
      at Leeds he was great but here a lazy sh*t that only plays on the big stage.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #154: Apr 16, 2008 09:01:50 pm
      Harry Kewell was fantastic until he forgot how to play football and became a bitter pr**k ! Nuff said ! ;D
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #155: Apr 16, 2008 09:23:06 pm
      Love Harry but Babel has made it his place on the left
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #156: Apr 17, 2008 12:20:25 am
      Whats he actually getting paid for? Being a spectator of the Liverpool games?

Yep.

Just like Kuyt.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #157: Apr 17, 2008 12:23:58 am

Really, would you say so?

I'm not too sure if Kuyt does do ball watching, I know he chases that ball a lot but when he's in possesion of it he's not the best player in the world is he? :D

He's like a workhorse, but it's a shame he doesn't have that product we are looking for!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #158: Apr 17, 2008 09:04:46 am
       Will we need to have a collection for Harry when his contract is up very shortly.He can be sure of one thing he had better be prepared for a big drop in wages whatever club he goes to.It is sad that he was never able to produce the form he had at Leeds on a consistent basis due to injuries.In reality we have not had value for money from Harry.
      johnbarnes10
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts | -23 
      Reply #159: Apr 17, 2008 09:19:43 am
      I hate myself for this comment as I used to be a massive KEWELL fan but " NO DOUBT HE WILL BE BACK FOR HIS ANNUAL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FUNAL APPEARANCE" Sorry HARRY!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #160: Oct 07, 2008 05:17:28 pm
      Scored 3 in his past 5 for Galatasaray and then, you guessed it INJURED! And here's the good bit, it was his groin! So happy he's gone.

Quick Reply