Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will we miss Harry Kewell?

Yes
      (16.5%)
      No
      (83.5%)

Harry Kewell (Liverpool - > Galatasaray)

Read 35559 times
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Re: The Official Harry Kewell thread
      Reply #184: Oct 08, 2008 06:32:22 pm
      forget all the crap he said about always being a reds fan,the only colour hes ever been interested in was the clour of money!!!!

in fairness i did see a programme while i was living in oz that showed harry as a kid wearing the old grey away jersey, similar to the one we have now, so i think he actually was a fan of the club.

that said, there can be no debate that he was a huge dissapointment at our club.  i know he had shocking luck with injuries, but you could probably count on one hand were his performances matched those that he was putting in at leeds on a consistent level.
      chatch1973
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts | -1 
      Reply #185: Oct 08, 2008 06:42:31 pm
      Weve all seen the pictures of kewell and other players wearing the shirt as kids but then we were the dominant force of football to these players as kids growing up that dosent make them die hard reds. The next generation will probably all claim to be manure fans!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #186: Oct 08, 2008 09:35:58 pm
      The strange thing about Kewell is when he was here no one noticed him and now he's gone it's not been noticed either and so his legacy to the club is Harry who.....
      glebe17
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -1 
      Reply #187: Oct 08, 2008 10:02:43 pm
      My sentiments exactly Bartman.

Harry who??

Lock this thread and get on with football. Something Harry couldn't do at Anfield!!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #188: Oct 08, 2008 10:18:32 pm
      I had forgot all about him :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #189: Oct 08, 2008 10:32:57 pm
      that said, there can be no debate that he was a huge dissapointment at our club.  I know he had shocking luck with injuries, but you could probably count on one hand were his performances matched those that he was putting in at leeds on a consistent level.

Well said.

Personally I feel he was unlucky with his injuries - especially in Istanbul. As it's already been mentioned, maybe the fact he was selected to play has gone against him in some peoples eyes. But there was no doubt in my mind that he wasn't faking it. And I know for a fact that if I'd played any part in the road to Istanbul on the pitch, I'd be jumping up and down when we lifted the cup, even if I had a broken leg!!

I think the majority of us were expecting to see what he done at Leeds on a consistent level when he joined us. When we didn't really see that, combined with knowing how much money he was raking in, a lot of people started to make their minds up on him. Which they are entitled to do so because there wasn't many times you'd see the commitment and determination. And that's what you want to see in a red shirt.

Overall, I don't think it's fair to blame him for his injuries. It's the severe lack of consistency which he didn't produce when he was fit. Me included, I think a lot us expected to see Kewell of the Leeds mould. Unfortunately, we got the injury prone, lacking in confidence, frustrated version instead.

But he did score against the blue sh*te. So let's not all throw the mud.  ;D
      u1m81
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts | -1 
      Reply #190: Oct 08, 2008 10:53:19 pm
      Funnily, Harry Who, goes nicely into the daddy cool song.! Pity for a guy with loads of potential.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #191: Oct 09, 2008 03:21:16 am
      I dont see Harry as nothing more but a hungry money grabbint tit. He did not deserve to play any part in that match at all based on any meritt. One person I felt sorry was Biscan he was one of the 3 key players that got us to the final and it was at Kewell's expense he missed out on participating in the biggest game of his career.

Kewell at 06 WC was pretty average besides the Croatia game then in his own typical style let down the whole nation down by not participating.
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #192: Oct 09, 2008 08:11:41 am
      One person I felt sorry was Biscan he was one of the 3 key players that got us to the final and it was at Kewell's expense he missed out on participating in the biggest game of his career.

But they play in totally different positions? Alonso and Gerrard, and then Hamann, kept Biscan out.

And again, I don't see how Kewell let his country down by not participating in the WC later stages when he'd done well to get them past Croatia, then got injured. It's hardly like he did these things on purpose! If he's a limelight-grabber, surely he should have played in that next match?

Aurelio is injury prone, picking up strains every other game, doesn't mean he doesn't want to be fit and play. Kewell went out of his way to do extra training to get fit, just as Agger is now doing. I can't defend Kewell's performances last season, as they were insipid, but show some understanding of what it's like to be injured.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #193: Oct 29, 2008 11:51:20 am
      Well what do you know the lad has hepatitis, I wonder how much this affected his ability to play for us.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/football/socceroo-kewell-has-hepatitis-reports/2008/10/29/1224956119734.html

Socceroos star Harry Kewell's club and manager have dismissed concerns about his health after reports he may suffer from autoimmune hepatitis.

The Turkish media reports suggest the condition was disclosed in Kewell's medical tests when he joined Galatasaray in the off-season after coming off contract at Liverpool.

But the Istanbul-based club and Kewell's personal manager Bernie Mandic - while not denying Kewell had the non-contagious condition - said there was no difference in Kewell's health condition since he started his career with Leeds United back in 1995.

Australian reports suggested today the condition may have affected Kewell's ability to play for the Socceroos in the past because it would make it difficult for him to take repeated long flights in a short space of time.

Autoimmune hepatitis is not infectious and is a result of the body's own immune system attacking the liver cells.

Symptoms include fatigue and the disease is typically chronic and progressive if not treated, sometimes leading to cirrhosis.

It is generally treated with the steroid prednisone and can be controlled if detected early.

Galatasaray released a statement today in response to suggestions the condition had affected Kewell's appearances, stressing there was no threat to 30-year-old Kewell's playing future.

"Mr Kewell has never had and does not have any health problems that have prevented him performing at his best at club level and for the Australian national team in a professional football career spanning 14 years apart from injuries that a common to footballer players," the club said in a statement on its website.

"There is no difference on the health condition of Kewell since he started his professional footballer career at Leeds United.

"Our club has got the all the detailed info about his previous operations and his health problems with the check-ups.

"Kewell's physical condition is no different now to when he was playing previously.

"All the news about the player's absences are based on the muscle and skeleton problems that can be seen on every player.

"The exaggerated news about the autoimmune hepatitis and future hypothesis shows clearly the unethical position of our media."

The club is believed to be taking legal action against one Turkish newspaper that claimed Kewell could be a health risk to his teammates.

Mandic said those suggestions were "ridiculous."

"He does not have and never has had any sort of contagious disease and that's what people have been speculating," Mandic told AAP.

"There is nothing physically different to Harry from when he started his football career at Leeds to now and he's passed every medical test.

"The conclusions that people are coming up with are just ridiculous."

Reports suggested Football Federation Australia knew about Kewell's condition in the lead-up to the 2006 World Cup and made special arrangements for him as a result, but FFA declined to comment today.

Kewell has scored four goals in eight games since joining Galatasaray, including scoring the winner in the 1-0 UEFA Cup win over Olympiakos last week.

« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2008 11:54:41 am by Venison 86, Reason: Full story added to post »
      Antz
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #194: Dec 09, 2008 03:48:29 am
      I guess that makes sense, the Lad went from Legend to Devil in like, what 3 seasons. way to fragile that one at least he's doing well now
      u1m81
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts | -1 
      Reply #195: Dec 09, 2008 05:43:15 am
      last i heard he was injured :-)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #196: Dec 09, 2008 11:23:16 am
      Just goes to show how much of a c**t he really is. He continued to leave our club while he knew his body wasnt fit enough to handle it. Good riddens.
      Dangerous Dave
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts |
      Reply #197: Dec 09, 2008 11:53:49 am
      As an aussie I am embarrassed by kewell. If he had any balls he would have stuck it out at Liverpool on a pay as you play contract out of respect for the club and the fans. Just proved himself to be a money grabbing sook. Goo dluck to galatasaray i say.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #198: Dec 10, 2008 07:56:51 am
      How is he doing now, still in Turkeyland i guess...

By the way, how is Finnan doing in Spain???

Updates please...
      GaLaTaSaRaY
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #199: Dec 10, 2008 02:22:33 pm
      he has six goals turkish super lig with exellent play and he plays left-right winger;) he plays very well with lincoln, baros and arda turan :) we are very happy to see harry kewell in our club.ı think he is great player
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2008 02:30:32 pm by GaLaTaSaRaY »
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #200: Dec 10, 2008 03:22:41 pm
      he has six goals turkish super lig with exellent play and he plays left-right winger;) he plays very well with lincoln, baros and arda turan :) we are very happy to see harry kewell in our club.ı think he is great player

Wait til the injuries start mate! :) Only messing i hope does a good job for you!
      GaLaTaSaRaY
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #201: Dec 10, 2008 03:39:16 pm
      a few fotos ;)

Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #202: Dec 17, 2008 11:04:44 pm
      Wait til the injuries start mate! :) Only messing i hope does a good job for you!

and here we go!!

harry is out for a month with a hernia.  that's the start of it then!  ::)
      haydzrox
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • Justice for the 96
      Reply #203: Dec 17, 2008 11:59:00 pm
      As an aussie i was pumped when he signed with liverpool but he did have a pretty bad run with injuries and him going to turkey was a good move for him.

and now he's out for another month, that would really suck.
      GaLaTaSaRaY
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #204: Dec 18, 2008 10:08:17 am
      and here we go!!

harry is out for a month with a hernia.  that's the start of it then!  ::)

we are lucky for turkish super league end with beÅŸiktaÅŸ match with this week and we go winter camp until a month :) we miss kewell, he is great footballer
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #205: Oct 11, 2009 05:19:09 am
      Bump!

Ran into the fella at a club last night, F***ing sad, sad arrogant little pr**k.

Me and my mates nicely asked him for a photo he refused, I showed him my "YNWA" tatt he didnt give a sh*t. I let him know what a shower of sh*t he and let him know he was the biggest waste of time and money for Liverpool
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #206: Oct 11, 2009 05:25:59 am
      Bump!

Ran into the fella at a club last night, F***ing sad, sad arrogant little pr**k.

Me and my mates nicely asked him for a photo he refused, I showed him my "YNWA" tatt he didnt give a sh*t. I let him know what a shower of sh*t he and let him know he was the biggest waste of time and money for Liverpool
      I still can't believe this guy used to be my favourite player.

Quick Reply