Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will we miss Harry Kewell?

Yes
      (16.5%)
      No
      (83.5%)

Harry Kewell (Liverpool - > Galatasaray)

Read 35361 times
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: The Official Harry Kewell thread
      Reply #207: Oct 11, 2009 05:27:17 am
      Bump!

Ran into the fella at a club last night, f**king sad, sad arrogant little pr**k.

Me and my mates nicely asked him for a photo he refused, I showed him my "YNWA" tatt he didnt give a sh*t. I let him know what a shower of sh*t he and let him know he was the biggest waste of time and money for Liverpool

What a small world really!

But very sad that. A very gifted player but what the F**k was he thinking when he refuses fans photos? Yeah was injured everytime and was the biggest waste of time and money.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #208: Oct 11, 2009 05:31:09 am
      F**k, sorry to hear that Dado. Love the man as an Aussie football fan, and before his injury days he was one of the best. But stuff like that really is sh*t. Like the time i ran into Port Adelaide AFL player Chad Cornes in a bar, amongst others. Often saw them out, but yeah the team had a good win that day and i went up and held out my hand and said "good game today mate" He just laughed, said "i know", and turned his back and refused the hand shake. F***ing tw*t >:(

I even have a framed Harry Kewell picture, and he has always been a favorite for what he has done for Australia, and his first season at Liverpool was gold. But downhill since really, and that tarnishes him more.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #209: Oct 11, 2009 05:51:50 am
      Bump!

Ran into the fella at a club last night, f**king sad, sad arrogant little pr**k.

Me and my mates nicely asked him for a photo he refused, I showed him my "YNWA" tatt he didnt give a sh*t. I let him know what a shower of sh*t he and let him know he was the biggest waste of time and money for Liverpool

Where was this at man? I hate it when sh*t like that happens. They look so great on the TV and whatever, but in person they're just arrogant pieces of sh*t.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #210: Oct 11, 2009 05:58:08 am
      Mate it was at the Ivy.

It pissed me off just the fact that the likes of Van der Vart and Kuyt were there all bigger stars then him and they were willing to shake hands and pose for photos.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Harry Kewell (Liverpool - > Galatasaray)
      Reply #211: Oct 11, 2009 06:26:28 am
      Sorry to hear that, Dado.

Ran into the fella at a club last night, F***ing sad, sad arrogant little pr**k.

Still, I'm really not surprised to hear this description of him, sadly.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #212: Oct 11, 2009 06:51:25 am
      That sux Dadorious mate. Glad you let the c**t know that he's a c**t.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #213: Oct 11, 2009 09:19:13 am
      ;D! I just saw him on the news happily signing things infront of the cameras! What a di*khead
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #214: Oct 11, 2009 12:01:03 pm
      He's a fuckwit.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #215: Oct 11, 2009 05:35:11 pm
      Forgot all about the tool to be honest.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #216: Oct 11, 2009 05:36:51 pm
      What an absolute cockenschnoud.

Fame affected him the wrong way, obviously.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #217: Oct 11, 2009 07:22:35 pm
      I haven't got time for people like that,arrogant b*stard
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #218: Oct 11, 2009 07:54:24 pm
      Sorry about that Dado.

What a waste of time and money Kewell is. Luckily we only got him for 5 milllion.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #219: Oct 12, 2009 05:04:13 am
      Sorry about that Dado.

What a waste of time and money Kewell is. Luckily we only got him for 5 milllion.

It was 6m quid and he ended up costing us 155,000 quid a week for his time here in wages + medical bills.
      The Neg-er
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #220: Oct 12, 2009 03:03:47 pm
      The debt has nothing to do with the yanks its Kewell's medical bill !
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #221: Oct 16, 2009 11:41:00 pm
      He signed my jersey and posed for a photo for me... And is his wife sherree or some retarded name like that cause if so you would....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #222: Oct 17, 2009 01:28:59 am
      He signed my jersey and posed for a photo for me... And is his wife sherree or some retarded name like that cause if so you would....

How did he pose?

Feigning injury? or bent over with his little finger in his mouth?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #223: Oct 17, 2009 01:49:52 am

Guess it depends on mood i guess, but between Harry and Dirk i can bet my life Dirk has more good mood days than Harry.

Just put the Harry Kewell framed pic i got for my birthday awhile ago up in my new place. I know, some people will be appalled i have one, but he is one of the greats still of Aussie football, really helped promote it here. And before the injuries he was one of the best in England. And the picture is wearing the 03/04 kit which was his good season so it's okay ;) :D
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #224: Nov 04, 2009 02:04:10 pm
      I never got started in the premiership- Harry Kewell
      When Harry Kewell signed for Galatasaray, he was greeted by a crowd of elated fans, all chanting his name in harmony.
      Despite a number of injury concerns, Kewell is on a mission to repay their loyalty and play with total freedom, taking inspiration from his successful tenure as a Leeds United fan favourite which earned him the PFA young player of the year award in the 1999-2000 season.

The Australian scored 45 goals in more than 180 appearances for Leeds over an eight-year period, before leaving the Yorkshire club in somewhat acrimonious circumstances for Liverpool, the team he'd supported as a boy. But his time at Anfield was blighted by persistent injuries, which prevented Reds' fans from seeing Kewell at his best on any consistent basis.

His move to Istanbul in July 2008 therefore represented the end of a difficult phase, and the taking on of a new challenge.

“I don’t feel under any pressure. It’s good for me to go out there and be fit, and enjoy my football,” Kewell told talkaloadofbull.com UK.

“I’m not the only player who has been through these problems. Someone who has been through similar problems will say the same things. Once you get injured you have to overcome both physical and mental barriers and it’s not easy.

“It wasn’t a fear factor in the general sense; I just couldn’t sprint after I got injured at Liverpool. What was frustrating was it was something I could do easily when I was at Leeds, but for a long time I couldn’t do it.

“Although I had to have an operation shortly after I signed for Galatasaray, I feel good now. I have got it back into my system, knowing that I can do it. I feel much quicker and stronger. I’ve a lot more confidence now and I am enjoying it here.”

Although Kewell, 31, is approaching the latter years of his career, he dismisses suggestions that Galatasaray fans will not see the best of him.

The Sydney-born player says he was happy to say goodbye to the Premier League and begin a new chapter.

“I could never get started. I kept on picking up injuries. I’d play one game, then miss a few. It was very frustrating. The way it all ended, I was happy to close that book and start a new chapter,” he says.

Kewell credits his physiotherapist, Les Gelis, as the man who helped prolong his career. He rounds on his critics and blasts them for suggesting he was finished because of the number of injuries he sustained in the Premier League.

“A lot of people said I was finished when I left the Premier League. But those people didn’t know me and that was very disappointing, because if they knew me they would have known I am genuine. I went through a lot and I’m not afraid to lie down and work hard.

“Les helped when I was going through a dark time. He saved me from what could have been career-ending injuries. He looks after me here in Turkey, and to be fair, Galatasaray have just let him get on with it. Even when I got injured here, he was helpful.”

So what does the future hold for Harry Kewell?

He insists he is enjoying his football and is looking to rekindle “the good old days” at Leeds United by wearing number 19 for Galatasaray - the number he wore while at Leeds United.

“I enjoyed having that number when I was at Leeds. I had a fantastic time and my family is still based in Leeds.

“They say when you turn thirty you will enjoy your best years in football because you’ve got all the experience. I’m looking forward to playing for our fans because they are great.

“The players have also been good to me; we work hard for each other.”
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #225: Nov 04, 2009 02:38:49 pm
      ;D
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #226: Nov 05, 2009 07:50:13 pm
      How did he pose?

Feigning injury? or bent over with his little finger in his mouth?

I think he had his fist in his mouth....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #227: Nov 12, 2009 06:22:29 pm
      He's still full of it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #228: May 11, 2010 11:41:07 am
      Blast from the past, the man just keeps coming up smelling of roses.

Injured and still he is off to South Africa!! How does it do it???

Injured Harry Kewell named in Australia World Cup squad

BBC Sport - Football - Injured Harry Kewell named in Australia World Cup squad

Australia have named Harry Kewell in their provisional 31-man squad for this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

Kewell, who joined Galatasaray from Liverpool in 2008, has had a hamstring injury for most of the season.

However, Australia manager Pim Verbeek is confident the 31-year-old forward will be fit for his side's Group D opener against Germany on 13 June.

"If a club team has five weeks to prepare for a competition, they're very happy so there's no problem," he said.

"Harry is one of those players that can perform without any preparation.

"He can do something special during a game and that's what I'm counting on.

"Harry's a special class and I will pick Harry and take him into the World Cup even if he's not fit yet."
      Australia face New Zealand in a pre-World Cup game on 24 May in Melbourne before further friendlies against Denmark and the United States ahead of their opener in the brand new Moses Mabhida Stadium.

Eleven English-based players have been named in the squad, including midfielder Richard Garcia, who has not played for Hull for over a month because of a knee injury.

But the 28-year-old is confident of recovering in time before the start of the tournament, which runs from 11 June to 11 July.

"I'm pretty happy with it, it's just a matter of a few more weeks leading up to the New Zealand game," he said
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #229: May 11, 2010 03:13:27 pm
      Because Australia has no one else.

And he's seen as the one 'who made it' as well as using his clubs doctors to get fit for Australia.

Quick Reply