Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will we miss Harry Kewell?

Yes
      (16.5%)
      No
      (83.5%)

Harry Kewell (Liverpool - > Galatasaray)

Read 35519 times
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Re: The Official Harry Kewell thread
      Reply #23: Nov 02, 2007 10:32:00 pm
      i think he is taking a more careful approach to getting back, hes always rushed back in and subsequently been injured again. this article clears up alot of gossip, we now know what Rafa's plans are for Harry for sure. its obvious that he wants him to stay, and as Kelv78 said he could become our best player on the wing. everyone knows Kewell has got a football brain and can do some amazing things (definitely more CLASS than our current options), so with Rafa taking extreme care over the situation I'm sure he can turn these next 7 months around into a new contract.
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #24: Nov 02, 2007 11:25:08 pm
      If he stays fit, puts in the work and contributes like he should then fair enough.
      He has quality, there's no doubting that but if he's not on the pitch then there's little point in having him on the payroll to frequent the physio room week in week out.  :aaliverpoolwz0: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #25: Nov 04, 2007 12:47:29 pm
      Good half an hour or so from him yesterday.  He's no doubt benefitting from coming on late in games when the opposition are tiring.

The real test will be when he starts from the first minute.

He's certainly a midfielder capable of getting on the scoresheet.  Maybe another run out against Besiktas.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #26: Nov 04, 2007 11:34:32 pm
      i think he is the one we've been missing to make a difference, he has the gift and determination. Rafa should take care with not over doing him straight away just to give him more match time. when he comes on either as a sub or as a starter there will be a difference as we've already seen, babel should be left as a striker as he is no where near the level of winger that harry is, babels a natural striker. or if he wants to put babel down the right wing harry can be just as effective up front. i would really like harry to rise up and grab another contract next year.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #27: Nov 05, 2007 07:47:20 pm
      He's got class, skill and the ability to beat his man. He can score, cross and presents a constant threat. A cracker of a left boot as well.

All that is completely and utterly useless if he can't play more than 1 game a season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #28: Nov 05, 2007 07:59:00 pm
      ^^ Nail on the head.

We say this EVERY season when he finally makes his appearance.  Nobody forgets him at Leeds.  Players with that kind of ability must always have that ability.

The injuries are the issue.

He needs to stay fit and as he nears the end of his contract needs to repay us and Rafa for sticking with him for the last 4 years.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #29: Nov 07, 2007 07:45:04 am
      hows everyone think Kewell went in the besiktas game then? fit and sharp id say, good stuff  ;D
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2007 07:51:41 am by DOBBS83 »
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #30: Nov 07, 2007 08:58:05 am
      another good game for Kewell, its only 15-20mins but he's slowly building up is match fitness so its all good :)
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #31: Nov 07, 2007 10:13:40 am
      another good game for Kewell, its only 15-20mins but he's slowly building up is match fitness so its all good :)

It was nice to see Harry back, he is still the best player we have on that left side, fingers crossed we can get a lot of games out of him.
      Come on Harry its now or never, Liverpool needs you.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32: Nov 07, 2007 11:25:28 am
      fantastic to see harry back in both games against Besiktas and Blackburn. He is the only one we have on the left hand side who is able to take his man on, beat him with some wonderful tricks and still get a decent cross in.....keep building up your minutes and stay fit Harry....we've missed ya mate and you will be like a new signing for us if you can stay on the park.
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #33: Nov 07, 2007 03:06:33 pm
      Tell you what, Harold looked very confident tonight didn't he. He turned a Cardiff player inside out, was almost embarrasing....
      Looked fit and eager, walked off the pitch. Do we dare to be optimistic?..... :f_tongueincheek:

Hehe ;) ;)

Yes we dare!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

He always looks good when he's fit.  He's just a class player.

Think Im gonna make a Harry Kewell song: When nananaaa he is nananananana fiiiiiiiiit shalalalala

Sorry, dont mean to make fun.. Want all the best for him. Lucky for Harry, were past the first Blackburn clash, next one isnt before april I think :P

"The injuries are the issue"  Hehehe, nah... really?!?

But:

It was nice to see Harry back, he is still the best player we have on that left side, fingers crossed we can get a lot of games out of him.
      Come on Harry its now or never, Liverpool needs you.

^ ?????????

Sorry again, I'll stop now. Come on, Harry! Stay on your feets!!! :)
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #34: Nov 07, 2007 06:10:43 pm
      Like I said, all his skill, creativity, pace, crossing, EVERYTHING, is useless if he suffers another long term injury. This is your last chance sicknote...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #35: Nov 08, 2007 10:16:10 pm
      He supprised me, he done well. Maybe he should stay fit for once! Not his fault though, I can see his hunger when playing!
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #36: Nov 20, 2007 12:36:55 am
      played a the full 90 minutes for australia in london against nigeria, looked sharp and strong the whole time didnt look tired at all and nothing seemed to phase him, a class above martins. had a good few shots at goal aswell and good first touch passes. cant wait till he gets a liverpool start, hopefully against newcastle now. oh and what a cracker of a goal by david carney!, also a another good aussie left winger.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #37: Nov 20, 2007 01:11:02 pm
      Will be nice to see him start against the Jordies. I have to agree with what JD says though about this being the last chance saloon. If he has anymore injuries this season that keep him out for more than 5 games then Rafa should surely need to move him on. Having said that though it does seem highly suspicious that his good performances are always for the socceroos and not us maybe this has something to do with timing or the fact that rotation is to blame for all the worlds woes, according to the media anyway.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #38: Nov 20, 2007 06:05:21 pm
      I can see his hunger when playing!

Understandable.  I bet he hasn't gone a full 90 minutes without having a little snack at all in the last 4 years.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #39: Nov 20, 2007 06:52:15 pm
      Understandable.  I bet he hasn't gone a full 90 minutes without having a little snack at all in the last 4 years.

No that gets left to Mr Lampshade... :P
      stiffler
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts |
      Reply #40: Nov 20, 2007 06:59:59 pm
      Would love to see Harry stay injury free this season and play at a  consistently high standard. If he can do this it would be like a new signing for us.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #41: Nov 21, 2007 07:28:17 am
      RAFA: HARRY'S ALMOST READY TO START
      Paul Eaton 20 November 2007 

Rafael Benitez has revealed Harry Kewell is close to being available to start a Premier League game after completing 90 minutes for his country at the weekend. 
      Kewell - who hasn't started a club match this season since recovering from injury - was given a full run-out by Australia on Saturday afternoon as they defeated Nigeria 1-0 in a friendly at Craven Cottage.

After a series of impressive substitute appearances for the Reds over recent weeks, Benitez is delighted to see his left sided midfielder closing in on a long awaited comeback.

"It was good to see Harry get 90 minutes," said Rafa. "I was talking with him and he said it wasn't a high tempo game so he was able to get through it.

"Physically he probably still needs to improve his pace and stamina but he is getting there.

"When you talk about Harry then you talk about a player of quality and ability who can make a big difference to our team. He can give different things to us, especially against teams who play deep and compact." 

More positive news
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #42: Nov 21, 2007 11:43:07 am
      Definitely good news there DOBBS, I really hope he can reproduce some of the form that made us sign him in the first place. He is certainly the most naturally left-sided attacker we have on the books at the moment...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #43: Nov 21, 2007 03:26:50 pm
      I'd love to see Harry have a sustained run of games injury free, now. I'm not so sure he could ever recapture his Leeds form, but I hope he could. It remains to be seen if all his injury woes are behind him though.

"When you talk about Harry then you talk about a player of quality and ability who can make a big difference to our team. He can give different things to us, especially against teams who play deep and compact." 

Interesting. Would this mean if he's fully fit and available we could see him starting a lot of games at Anfield?
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #44: Nov 21, 2007 04:06:39 pm
      I'd love to see Harry have a sustained run of games injury free, now. I'm not so sure he could ever recapture his Leeds form, but I hope he could. It remains to be seen if all his injury woes are behind him though.

Interesting. Would this mean if he's fully fit and available we could see him starting a lot of games at Anfield?

Don't be daft.  This is a Rafa quote here - probably won't play for three months now >:D.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #45: Nov 21, 2007 04:33:01 pm
      Don't be daft.  This is a Rafa quote here - probably won't play for three months now >:D.

:D Or he'll play him at left back.... ;)

Quick Reply