Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will we miss Harry Kewell?

Yes
      (16.5%)
      No
      (83.5%)

Harry Kewell (Liverpool - > Galatasaray)

Read 35661 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: The Official Harry Kewell thread
      Reply #46: Nov 21, 2007 06:04:44 pm
      :D Or he'll play him at left back.... ;)

Or on the right wing... we all remember that don't we?

Then Ged finnally realized he remembered what way left is and what way right is, and he put him in his propper position.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #47: Nov 22, 2007 11:05:17 am
      Or on the right wing... we all remember that don't we?

Then Ged finnally realized he remembered what way left is and what way right is, and he put him in his propper position.

did he play him on the right then aye?
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #48: Nov 22, 2007 11:07:04 am
      did he play him on the right then aye?

He actually likes to play down the right hand side
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #49: Nov 22, 2007 11:18:54 am
      i know he can, he cuts though the middle easier i think. he just sounded like houlier played him all the time on the right. i dont think ive seen a game with him start in that position though.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #50: Nov 22, 2007 11:41:02 am
      i know he can, he cuts though the middle easier i think. he just sounded like houlier played him all the time on the right. i dont think ive seen a game with him start in that position though.

He played on the right for about the first four or five games he played after signing for us, I can't recall it happening again since though.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #51: Nov 22, 2007 11:45:12 am
      cant wait till the wings are covered by babel on the right and kewell on the left, that would be ace.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #52: Nov 29, 2007 06:24:03 am
      HARRY HARRY KEWELL! HARRY HARRY KOOL!! Fantastic to hear that last night, absolutely ace hes back.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #53: Dec 12, 2007 07:26:51 am
      Well, well Mr Kewell...2 assists & a constant threat down the left...good tracking back too...looking good ;)
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #54: Dec 12, 2007 12:02:36 pm
      Excellent performance from Kewell getting back to his best?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #55: Dec 12, 2007 12:13:39 pm
      Excellent performance from Kewell getting back to his best?

I certainly hope so! He's amazing when fit so fingers crossed he can keep this up! :)

camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #56: Dec 12, 2007 01:22:38 pm
      i've said it so many times harry kewell is by far our best option down the left great to see him back
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #57: Dec 12, 2007 08:35:49 pm
      Fantastic effort from Harry, really wrapped for him.....hopefully Rafa starts him against the Mancs cause he will always cause trouble for any side down that left flank. I have a gut feeling that we might see a very special Kewell goal against those b*stards.
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #58: Dec 13, 2007 05:31:56 am
      Kewell is by far our best option of the left when he is in this form.He tracked back so nicely he almost looked liked a fullback at times and created havoc pushing up.The team looks very well balanced with Harry on the left
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #59: Dec 14, 2007 12:12:53 am
      Fantastic effort from Harry, really wrapped for him.....hopefully Rafa starts him against the Mancs cause he will always cause trouble for any side down that left flank. I have a gut feeling that we might see a very special Kewell goal against those b*stards.

agreed mate, his best performance yet. shows bringing him back slowly was the best idea. i really hope he scores in this one, you can see he wants to get back onto the score sheet again, his determination is great. he came so close to scoring in the marseile match and if he did score it would have been like the goal in the Croatia game in germany-06, same spot.

i cannot wait for sunday night!!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #60: Dec 14, 2007 12:42:02 pm
      I am falling for Harry all over again.

The bottle and commitment and verbal he gives out if abused... is second to nobody in the team at the minute.

Long may it continue... and long may he stay away from injury (touching wood).
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #61: Dec 14, 2007 12:45:30 pm
      I am falling for Harry all over again.

The bottle and commitment and verbal he gives out if abused... is second to nobody in the team at the minute.

Long may it continue... and long may he stay away from injury (touching wood).

I would have to say he is a magnificent player. Made a terrific impact in the 2-2 against Charlton.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #62: Dec 24, 2007 02:04:37 pm
      these pics are fantastic, really makes me happy to see them.

hes definately back, wont be long now till he starts scoring goals again hes had a hand full of shots in every game hes played, very positive stuff.

first ones my favourite  ;D
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #63: Dec 31, 2007 10:04:45 pm
      Kewell Not Thinking Of New Deal From Yahoosport
      Mon 31 Dec, 04:09 PM

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com//31122007/4/kewell-thinking-new-deal.html

Harry Kewell is not even thinking about a new contract as he tries to claim a regular place in the Liverpool side.

The Australian midfielder, whose contract runs out in the summer, has suffered four years of injury problems at Anfield.

From the new year he would be free to discuss his future with other clubs.

But after figuring in 11 of Liverpool's last 14 matches, it is clear that boss Rafael Benitez is giving Kewell every chance to prove his worth and win a new deal.

Benitez is currently trying to bolster his defence, and after Sunday's 0-0 draw at Manchester City he made it clear he was trying to bring in a young centre-back due to the injury problems of Sami Hyypia and Daniel Agger.

Chief executive Rick Parry insists there is money to spend, despite the very public fall-out between Benitez and the club's American owners, but it is unlikely the Spanish manager will have anything but a limited amount to spend in this transfer window.

Parry said: "Money is always available if we need it. We are not going to give our plans away, but if we need to do something, we will do it."

Alvaro Arbeloa is expected to continue in central defence against Wigan on Wednesday, with Hyypia (ankle) and Agger (broken metatarsal) still unlikely to be fit, while youngster Jack Hobbs is unlikely to be risked against the potential return of Emile Heskey.

And Kewell will also hope to get a further run in the side for Anfield's first game of 2008.

Kewell, in a Liverpool FC magazine interview, explained his attitude to the next few months.

He said: "The last four years have been hellish with one injury after another.

"But I can't even think about a new contract. That is what people have been talking about and saying about me, but I will tell the truth so the fans know the truth.

"And that is why I haven't honestly thought about it. I can't think about it at the moment.

"With my injury history and my record over the last two seasons, games and goals wise, I can look no further than the next match.

"That is all I am prepared to do. Take one training session at a time and do my best and give my all every time."

Kewell, who has been hit by a succession of groin problems, added: "Given my Liverpool career, and the way it has gone, all I want to do is take the chance that the manager is giving me.

"I want to repay him for that, and the boys who have helped me through, for sticking with me and not giving up.

"You don't want to know what I have been through in four years, with injury after injury. The places I've been mentally during all those times, it has been pretty dark."

Every thing to play for Harry

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #64: Feb 04, 2008 02:33:23 pm
      His career with Liverpool is slowly sinking down the drain! He's out of contract in the summer, showed no interest in renewing it with him... he's a gonner!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #65: Feb 04, 2008 03:03:14 pm
      Why the revival of all these old topics?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #66: Feb 04, 2008 06:52:47 pm
      Why the revival of all these old topics?

Whats it to do with you? A player thread is not an old topic - get your facts straight!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #67: Feb 04, 2008 06:55:33 pm
      Alright calm down i was just asking a question. No one has commented in here since december hence me saying it was an old topic just asking sheesh.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #68: Feb 07, 2008 09:52:15 am
      Harry's been left out of Australia's World Cup Qualifier Squad.
      Good news for Liverpool I guess,

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/02/03/sports/AS-SPT-SOC-Australia-Squad.php

and David moores was pissed off about Cahill being in it. But i cant find an article on it, I just heard it on the commentray during the Australia v Qatar match.

Quick Reply