Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Football Manager 2016

Read 67912 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Football Manager 2016
      Sep 16, 2015 11:04:56 am
      Sports Interactive have just announced (September 7th) Football Manager 2016. The announcement arrived a month earlier compared to last year (early October), but the pre-order has been significantly delayed this time (started late July for FM15). They had revealed a couple of new features during the previous months though (Manager Motion Capture and Dynamic Rivalries).

Miles Jacobson insisted that their target for new releases remains the same and it's about having at least a thousand new features in the game every year. So what news exactly does the FM 2016 announce have for us? First off, FM16 will be released in November. What about the key new features though? Read on to find out.

Football Manager 2016 key features

New Game Mode – Create-A-Club
      Replace an existing team with one of your own. Choose a name, colours & add yourself with Create-a-Club mode

For the first time, Football Manager 2016 allows fans to add their own custom-built club to any league they choose, through the single player ‘Create-a-club’ mode. Create-A-Club allows you to name the club, add yourself and a friend to the line-up, edit the squad to your heart’s content and even choose the colours.

New Game Mode – Fantasy Draft
      Go head-to-head with mates in Fantasy Draft mode

Create your dream team and take on your mates in ‘Fantasy Draft’ mode. Starting with a fixed budget, each manager builds a squad from scratch, competing with other managers to sign the best talent before going head-to-head against one another in a mini-league.
      A little secret regarding Fantasy Draft mode - it's for up to 32 players.

Manager on the Touchline
      Customise your own touchline manager character & see them and other managers on the touchline

Get closer to the action than ever before with your own customisable character to bark out instructions and join the celebrations from the touchline.

Improved Matchday Experience
      Match engine - 2000+ new animations, deeper set-piece control, improved AI & brand-new highlights package

More than 2,000 new animations, alongside lots of other graphical improvements and improved AI, make the Football Manager 2016 match view the best ever.

Multi match highlights
      A highlights package available to easily view other fixtures in your own competition (or others) to keep you up-to-date with everything that’s going on in the world around you.

Prozone Match Analysis
      Deeper match analysis, player & team stats with Prozone integration

Sports Interactive’s partnership with the leading sports statistics provider, Prozone, has seen a wide reaching revamp of the in-game match analysis tool, adding lots of useful functionality whilst also making it a lot more prominent and easier to use.

Set-Piece Creator
      Football Manager 2016’s powerful, yet easy-to-use set piece creator allows managers to set up multiple set piece routines to be used across multiple tactics; with different set pieces for each set piece taker, new zonal marking options and much, much more.

More Realistic Injuries
      Sports Interactive has worked alongside a number of physiotherapists, doctors and related organisations to ensure that the depiction and treatment of injuries in Football Manager 2016 is more realistic than ever before. This doesn’t mean that fewer injuries will be sustained, but that those which do occur will be treated and develop more realistically. Injuries will now be determined during matches, while new injury types have been added and there is now a tangible distinction between player condition and match sharpness.

Expanded Press Interaction
      Press conferences are more varied than ever before, with many new conversations to be had with the press, especially more contextual questions & responses. In addition, unemployed managers can now use media interviews to help get them back into the game.

Stats, Stats, Stats
      Managers now have access to more detailed statistical information than ever before, with the introduction of a revamped stats screen and an all-new rolling stats panel.

New and Improved Screens
      Information is now easier to find as a result of a revamp to many of the main screens, including player overview, tactics, the manager’s home screen and the transfer offer screen.

And Much, Much More...
      Further additions and updates include staff shortlisting, improved manager and staff movement, revised board requests, a revamp of board confidence, more contextual team talks, fully updated competition rules & squad information, an improved financial module, improved AI transfers and team selection, new social media features and many more – all of which combine to make Football Manager 2016 the most complete and immersive simulation of football management ever.

Big changes and improvements to transfer, contract, player & contract screens (and many more)

FM16 TOUCH: Cross-play between desktop & tablet

EXTRAS: Upgrades to board requests, finances, press conferences & more

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Football Manager 2016
      Reply #1: Sep 16, 2015 05:23:59 pm
      Won't be touching it with a bargepole there's just been too many frustrating bugs to be forking out for the new one.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2: Sep 17, 2015 08:58:56 am
      Yep, will wait a little longer before buying it, will check sigames community forum to see if there are any gamebreaking bugs.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Sep 17, 2015 09:21:50 am
      I will buy it, play it briefly and then have the standard yearly hissy fit about how the game is sh*te compared to the previous one, not load the game again for ages and then BAM! Out of nowhere I will get addicted to it for a while wondering why I didn't give it a chance sooner.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Sep 17, 2015 09:34:27 am
      Fix the F***ing AI for God sake instead of these cosmetic upgrades.

I'll still F***ing buy it though :(
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #5: Sep 17, 2015 01:48:49 pm
      Fix the f**king AI for God sake instead of these cosmetic upgrades.

I'll still f**king buy it though :(

Exactly my opinion also. Match Engine, AI, player interactions and injuries should be on top of the list of improvements every year.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #6: Sep 17, 2015 03:29:19 pm
      I will be buying it for the first time (used to play it with a crack  :f_whistle: ), if there are bugs, will updates improve or correct them?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #7: Sep 17, 2015 08:25:03 pm
      I don't give much thought to what will be changed really. I know I'll buy it anyway, so I'll see the changes when I have the game installed on my computer.

After so many years downloading the games illegally (ever since Championship Manager 2000-01), I think it's my duty to repay them a little now I can afford the games :D
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #8: Sep 21, 2015 07:53:23 pm
      I bought it pre-order. First time original :)
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #9: Sep 24, 2015 07:09:49 am
      I bought the last 3 ones on pre-order, for this one i'll wait to read the reviews, because on the last version it had some gamebreaking bugs on release day.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #10: Sep 25, 2015 11:58:32 am
      I bought the last 3 ones on pre-order, for this one i'll wait to read the reviews, because on the last version it had some gamebreaking bugs on release day.

But will they update them?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #11: Sep 25, 2015 07:34:17 pm

Of course :)
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #12: Sep 25, 2015 08:42:05 pm
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #13: Sep 26, 2015 05:45:44 am
      Judging by the screenshots, think they've tinkered far too much with less relevant parts of the game. They don't look good, either.
      An improved match engine was the utmost priority.

Still waiting eagerly for it though. Love the game. :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14: Sep 26, 2015 11:02:43 am
      Judging by the screenshots, think they've tinkered far too much with less relevant parts of the game. They don't look good, either.
      An improved match engine was the utmost priority.

Still waiting eagerly for it though. Love the game. :)

Exactly.

Going to be some new bug in the game. If it isn't rebound goals or having 30 shots and losing 1-0 it'll be something else.

But hey, at least they changed how the skin looks even though tons of people download a new one if it looks sh*t anyway.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #15: Sep 26, 2015 05:28:20 pm
      Exactly.

Going to be some new bug in the game. If it isn't rebound goals or having 30 shots and losing 1-0 it'll be something else.

But hey, at least they changed how the skin looks even though tons of people download a new one if it looks sh*t anyway.

This skin does look sh*t, doesn't it? I always prefer a white skin. It's much easier on the eyes. :D

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #16: Sep 26, 2015 11:29:37 pm
      Maybe you'll be able to get a player for the right price and not an absolute steal or a ludicrously high amount. That would be nice.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Sep 26, 2015 11:51:34 pm
      Maybe you'll be able to get a player for the right price and not an absolute steal or a ludicrously high amount. That would be nice.

What are you on about? £87m for a 16 year old regen is a bargain!!!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #18: Sep 26, 2015 11:54:57 pm

Better than £53mill for a French 18 year old with a handful of goals in his career  :f_whistle:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19: Oct 19, 2015 08:24:48 pm

:lmao: The amount of times I get quoted prices like that. What's annoying is they go for a fraction of the price to some bugger else.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #20: Oct 28, 2015 06:41:44 pm
      The pre-order is available :) I'm happy. I have started my game with Swansea.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #21: Oct 28, 2015 10:40:16 pm
      God dammit. Exams in 2 weeks and this happens.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #22: Nov 01, 2015 03:24:46 pm
      So instead of studying, i've completely my first season a Liverpool boss already. Bunch of Redknapp style wheeling and dealing has left me with Carvajal, Jesus, Andrija Zivkovic, Geronimo Rulli, Ruben Neves, Iñigo Martinez, Gibbs (loan) and Cheryshev (loan) coming in to the club.

Jose Enrique, Simon Mignolet, James Milner, Martin Skrtel, Jon Flanagan, Danny Ings, Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren and Kolo Toure all out.

3rd with a couple of games left but can't go any lower and may sneak past Chelsea in second but meh. Won the League Cup, as well.

Hopefully land a left back, roaming playmaker and striker for next season. Berahino will be available with WBA going down. Might go for him.

Quick Reply