Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Football Manager 2016

Read 67920 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Football Manager 2016
      Reply #253: Jun 08, 2016 01:14:47 pm
      2034/35 I think.

Started a Villa save. Just for one season to see if I can keep them up. Awful team.

Signed some good players like Callum Wilson, Kanneman, Guilherme and Craig Noone and got two wins and 3 losses (Chelsea, Mancs and Liverpool).

Wow! That's a LONG save.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #254: Jun 25, 2016 03:22:58 am
      Back to Swindon. Gave up with Villa and can't really get into a Valencia save even though they have a nice team with some good youngsters.

Beat Chelsea, City and Barcelona 13-1 combined :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #255: Jun 25, 2016 03:28:37 am
      Paul bloody Saller! Pick that one out.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #256: Jun 26, 2016 10:46:49 am
      Back to Swindon. Gave up with Villa and can't really get into a Valencia save even though they have a nice team with some good youngsters.

Beat Chelsea, City and Barcelona 13-1 combined :D

WTF :D. I've gone back to my Real Sociedad save. Currently in my 3rd season and I'm joint top with Real Madrid after 27 games, 9 points ahead of Barca who are in 3rd.

The owners are stingy as F**k. I've not had a net spend in favour of players purchased once yet. Whenever I come up to a transfer window the board decide to reduce transfer revenue percentage from 100% to either 50% or 75% but then increase it again once the window closes. I've had to rely on selling players like Vela, Inigo, Illaramendi, Agirretxe, Canales etc. It doesn't help that the club gets barely anything from the domestic TV rights deal.

My team looks like...

(4-1-4-1) Rulli - Zaldua - Sokratis - Balanta - Mas - Kranevitter - A.Zivkovic - Tielemans - Talisca - Pavon - R.Zivkovic

Subs: Haidara - Jedvaj - Kouyate - Poli - Hervias - Rafa Silva - Baptistao

I've conceded just 9 goals in 27 league games and kept 20 clean sheets :D I'm sure it's some sort of glitch.

Edit: One point I meant to bring up, why when I'm not doing interviews do I have a 25% rating yet when I do every single interview for like 5 months does it go down to 1%?
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2016 11:54:07 am by mcarz »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #257: Jun 26, 2016 01:01:33 pm
      WTF :D. I've gone back to my Real Sociedad save. Currently in my 3rd season and I'm joint top with Real Madrid after 27 games, 9 points ahead of Barca who are in 3rd.

The owners are stingy as F**k. I've not had a net spend in favour of players purchased once yet. Whenever I come up to a transfer window the board decide to reduce transfer revenue percentage from 100% to either 50% or 75% but then increase it again once the window closes. I've had to rely on selling players like Vela, Inigo, Illaramendi, Agirretxe, Canales etc. It doesn't help that the club gets barely anything from the domestic TV rights deal.

My team looks like...

(4-1-4-1) Rulli - Zaldua - Sokratis - Balanta - Mas - Kranevitter - A.Zivkovic - Tielemans - Talisca - Pavon - R.Zivkovic

Subs: Haidara - Jedvaj - Kouyate - Poli - Hervias - Rafa Silva - Baptistao

I've conceded just 9 goals in 27 league games and kept 20 clean sheets :D I'm sure it's some sort of glitch.

Edit: One point I meant to bring up, why when I'm not doing interviews do I have a 25% rating yet when I do every single interview for like 5 months does it go down to 1%?

How is Talisca? I always liked his stats but he's hard to get early and then a few years down the track you can usually have someone else for less with better stats.

That team is the dream FM wonder-kid squad :D

No idea about that interview glitch. Never do interviews or anything.

My defence has conceded once in 9 games in the league but that's because i have 4 world class defenders and the best keeper in the game. To achieve that record in La Liga against Real/Barca's attack with those defenders is brilliant.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #258: Jun 27, 2016 01:26:49 pm
      How is Talisca? I always liked his stats but he's hard to get early and then a few years down the track you can usually have someone else for less with better stats.

That team is the dream FM wonder-kid squad :D

No idea about that interview glitch. Never do interviews or anything.

My defence has conceded once in 9 games in the league but that's because i have 4 world class defenders and the best keeper in the game. To achieve that record in La Liga against Real/Barca's attack with those defenders is brilliant.

He's quite good mate. He got double figures for goals and assists in the first season but I've gone to a 4-1-4-1 now, he's being played at CM so his production wasn't as good this season. The only downfall is the mental side of his game, he has some work to do to develop his decision making, work rate and flair. If I was one of the big teams I don't think I'd buy him.

I'm surprised I've managed to do as well with such a young group of players even if quite a few of them are in the wonderkid mould. It's helped me to have a consistent starting 11 for the past few seasons though that's for sure.

This is how my season finished (I'm also in the Europa League final)...

Atletico rejected my application for their managerial position in January, deciding to promote their under-19's coach. He's now been sacked. Man City were another team who rejected me, went with Mourinho and he's also been sacked :D

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2016 01:46:59 pm by mcarz »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #259: Jun 28, 2016 07:58:18 pm
      Can somebody please explain to me how I'm getting Bale for this amount...

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #260: Jun 28, 2016 11:14:53 pm
      ^ bloody hell to both. Great season and that's a F***ing signing and a half.

Always dreamed of using Bale in FM. His stats and mentals are phenomenal.  Never seen him become available though.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #261: Jun 28, 2016 11:32:45 pm
      ^ bloody hell to both. Great season and that's a F***ing signing and a half.

Always dreamed of using Bale in FM. His stats and mentals are phenomenal.  Never seen him become available though.

That's as the Man City boss. They offered me the job at the end of the season and after the Sociedad owner only gave me 12m I decided to bite the bullet. I think it's really hard for the other Spanish teams to go far on this game when they don't get the same financial benefits as Barca and Madrid.

I cancelled the Bale deal for now as he wanted 500k a week. Madrid have another player though called Asensio who has become seriously good...

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #262: Jun 29, 2016 12:14:19 am
      I love Asensio. Usually rots at Madrid if he isnt picked up by someone else early in my saves.

That makes much more sense if you're City boss :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #263: Jun 29, 2016 12:25:12 am
      I love Asensio. Usually rots at Madrid if he isnt picked up by someone else early in my saves.

That makes much more sense if you're City boss :D

I had him on loan for 6 months in the 16/17 season and he was quality. Ye I kind of missed that key detail out :D.

I was pissed off a minute ago, the previous manager signed Ruben Neves for an initial 45m but there was a clause in the contract that meant if he played a few games for Portugal then Porto get 12m. That 12m came out of my current transfer budget. He's going to end up costing a total of 62m :o
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #264: Jun 29, 2016 12:27:55 am
      I had him on loan for 6 months in the 16/17 season and he was quality. Ye I kind of missed that key detail out :D.

I was pissed off a minute ago, the previous manager signed Ruben Neves for an initial 45m but there was a clause in the contract that meant if he played a few games for Portugal then Porto get 12m. That 12m came out of my current transfer budget. He's going to end up costing a total of 62m :o

City are dickheads with transfers. Always take them to the cleaners when they want my players.

At least it is for a Ruben Neves and not some sh*t, random player.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #265: Jun 29, 2016 12:43:00 am
      City are dickheads with transfers. Always take them to the cleaners when they want my players.

At least it is for a Ruben Neves and not some sh*t, random player.

- They sold Denayer for 13m then bought him back again 6 months later for 15m.
      - They spent 28m on Sigurdsson
      - Somehow managed to get 20m for Roberts from Liverpool (now chills in their under-21's)
      - Paid 55m for Alaba and then a week later paid 30m for Bernat (who the F**k spends 85m on TWO left backs?)
      - Bought Trippier then sold him the following season after not playing a single game

All of this yet I can't get £2 for Jovetic. Whoever was involved in their transfers has a fu**ed up mind :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #266: Jul 04, 2016 03:41:25 pm
      I've been playing this a lot lately since coming back from Switzerland. I started a save with St Gallen in the Swiss League. In my third season, I have won the league twice and the cup once, losing a cup final as well. I made it as far as the UEL semifinals but lost to goddamn Sevilla (I'm starting to really hate those cu*ts). Now in the 3rd season I've managed to qualify for the knockout rounds of the UCL in a group that also had Sporting (who finished 2nd), Man Utd (3rd) and Zenit (4th). I topped the group with 11 points! It feels quite surreal still but I'm playing Leverkusen in the round of 16 - a winnable tie, though it won't be easy.

I've managed to sign quite a few good young players but always rely heavily on wonderkids on loan. My current best player is LFC's Ojo - I've had him for the 3rd season in a row on loan but only now (at 20) he's really become a superstar. He's scored nearly 20 goals in the first half of the season alone and been named European Golden Boy. His loan contract has a £12.5M buy clause but I doubt he would accept to discuss a permanent contract... I'm surely going to try though (provided I have that money).

My starting lineup is currently the following:

GK - Dragowski (or something like this - on loan from Barcelona)
      RB - Silvan Hefti (from St Gallen youth - a brilliant player I'm surely going to buy for other clubs in other saves)
      CB - Emerson (young CB I bought from Botafogo)
      CB - Veljković (also very young, bought from Werder Bremen)
      LB - Martin Angha (St Gallen's captain at the start of the game. Originally a RB, but moved to LB to accommodate Hefti)
      DM - Gaston Gil Romero (such a reliable, cheap signing in all of the past 3 editions or so of the game)
      CM - Julian Weigl (my biggest high profile signing, was transfer listed by Dortmund. Likely to lose him to PSG or LFC soon)
      RW - Reine-Adelaide (young French winger from Arsenal; a real talent at this stage of my game)
      LW - Ojo (the genius)
      CAM - Nicolae Stanciu (like Gil Romero, also a cheap and reliable signing for a few FM editions)
      ST - Borja Mayoral (young striker on loan from Real Madrid)

I always have fairly big squads, so on top of that I also got players like Carlo Ascues, Gianluca Gaudino, Michael Frey, Jorge Correa, Ulisses Garcia, Sergi Palencia, Edimilson Fernandes, among others in my squad. The average age must be ridiculously low.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #267: Jul 05, 2016 02:27:23 am
      I've been playing this a lot lately since coming back from Switzerland. I started a save with St Gallen in the Swiss League. In my third season, I have won the league twice and the cup once, losing a cup final as well. I made it as far as the UEL semifinals but lost to goddamn Sevilla (I'm starting to really hate those cu*ts). Now in the 3rd season I've managed to qualify for the knockout rounds of the UCL in a group that also had Sporting (who finished 2nd), Man Utd (3rd) and Zenit (4th). I topped the group with 11 points! It feels quite surreal still but I'm playing Leverkusen in the round of 16 - a winnable tie, though it won't be easy.

I've managed to sign quite a few good young players but always rely heavily on wonderkids on loan. My current best player is LFC's Ojo - I've had him for the 3rd season in a row on loan but only now (at 20) he's really become a superstar. He's scored nearly 20 goals in the first half of the season alone and been named European Golden Boy. His loan contract has a £12.5M buy clause but I doubt he would accept to discuss a permanent contract... I'm surely going to try though (provided I have that money).

My starting lineup is currently the following:

GK - Dragowski (or something like this - on loan from Barcelona)
      RB - Silvan Hefti (from St Gallen youth - a brilliant player I'm surely going to buy for other clubs in other saves)
      CB - Emerson (young CB I bought from Botafogo)
      CB - Veljković (also very young, bought from Werder Bremen)
      LB - Martin Angha (St Gallen's captain at the start of the game. Originally a RB, but moved to LB to accommodate Hefti)
      DM - Gaston Gil Romero (such a reliable, cheap signing in all of the past 3 editions or so of the game)
      CM - Julian Weigl (my biggest high profile signing, was transfer listed by Dortmund. Likely to lose him to PSG or LFC soon)
      RW - Reine-Adelaide (young French winger from Arsenal; a real talent at this stage of my game)
      LW - Ojo (the genius)
      CAM - Nicolae Stanciu (like Gil Romero, also a cheap and reliable signing for a few FM editions)
      ST - Borja Mayoral (young striker on loan from Real Madrid)

I always have fairly big squads, so on top of that I also got players like Carlo Ascues, Gianluca Gaudino, Michael Frey, Jorge Correa, Ulisses Garcia, Sergi Palencia, Edimilson Fernandes, among others in my squad. The average age must be ridiculously low.

Somebody else who has realised the talents of Ojo on this game :D Some really good players in that team. Adelaide is definitely one of them.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #268: Jul 06, 2016 05:42:28 pm
      Somebody else who has realised the talents of Ojo on this game :D Some really good players in that team. Adelaide is definitely one of them.

Yeah that's funny, in my other saves I've never seen Ojo become such a good player. His stats keep improving all the time, if he keeps up this kind of improvement he'll become even more of a beast. Maybe it has helped that he's stayed with me on loan for a 3rd straight season, and I used him quite a lot. I think in FM, as in real life, getting first team experience makes a real difference in a player's development.

Adelaide is also a fantastic player, and I love that he is equally good in either side. The buy clause in his contract is £25M though, I got no chance of signing him permanently.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #269: Jul 06, 2016 05:44:42 pm
      Yeah that's funny, in my other saves I've never seen Ojo become such a good player. His stats keep improving all the time, if he keeps up this kind of improvement he'll become even more of a beast. Maybe it has helped that he's stayed with me on loan for a 3rd straight season, and I used him quite a lot. I think in FM, as in real life, getting first team experience makes a real difference in a player's development.

Adelaide is also a fantastic player, and I love that he is equally good in either side. The buy clause in his contract is £25M though, I got no chance of signing him permanently.

I had Ojo on loan for about 3 years on a Huddersfield save. Liverpool wanted to use him in the first team so I had no chance of signing him permanently.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #270: Jul 14, 2016 04:37:18 am
      Absolutely pathetic that the first thing i've done since returning from overseas is play this game.

5-1 up after 35 minutes though :lmao: Eat it Brentford.

Full time:

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2016 04:47:55 am by crouchinho »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #271: Jul 15, 2016 10:12:26 pm
      Back to my Valencia save. January of the first season and this is my transfers so far:

Absolutely no idea how i got Hummels for that cheap or why he wanted to sign for me :D Also got that young fella Danilo from Benfica on loan who signs on permanently before you start the save. Geronimo Rulli coming in for free and will be letting Matty Ryan and a few other keepers go next season.

Season so far:

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #272: Jul 15, 2016 10:20:21 pm
      Back to my Valencia save. January of the first season and this is my transfers so far:

Absolutely no idea how i got Hummels for that cheap or why he wanted to sign for me :D Also got that young fella Danilo from Benfica on loan who signs on permanently before you start the save. Geronimo Rulli coming in for free and will be letting Matty Ryan and a few other keepers go next season.

Season so far:

I like how Barca are bottling it on your save like they did on my Sociedad save :D. I've not been on for a few days, might go on in a minute for an hour or so (probably turn into a few while I watch baseball).
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #273: Jul 15, 2016 11:01:19 pm
      I like how Barca are bottling it on your save like they did on my Sociedad save :D. I've not been on for a few days, might go on in a minute for an hour or so (probably turn into a few while I watch baseball).

They're cu*ts. 87th minute own goal gave them a win over me.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #274: Jul 19, 2016 11:17:21 am
      Finished 4th. Gabriel Barbosa, Jose Gaya and Joao Cancelo top three young players of the season and Matty Ryan was goalkeeper of the year. Aussie Aussie Aussie! Forced me into keeping him and selling Diego Alves as i could get £10.5m for DA and no one was bidding for Ryan at £5m. Got Rulli in for free to compete with Ryan and Yoel as 3rd choice.

Happy with my business so far in the market. Don't think i will be doing anymore deals:

Line up will look like this come the first game of the season:

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #275: Jul 19, 2016 11:24:50 am
      Finished 4th. Gabriel Barbosa, Jose Gaya and Joao Cancelo top three young players of the season and Matty Ryan was goalkeeper of the year. Aussie Aussie Aussie! Forced me into keeping him and selling Diego Alves as i could get £10.5m for DA and no one was bidding for Ryan at £5m. Got Rulli in for free to compete with Ryan and Yoel as 3rd choice.

Happy with my business so far in the market. Don't think i will be doing anymore deals:

Line up will look like this come the first game of the season:

I love how you get so much to spend after finishing 4th yet I get F**k all after finishing in the top 2/3 for 4 seasons in a row with Sociedad :D

Quick Reply