Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Football Manager 2016

Read 67915 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Football Manager 2016
      Reply #23: Nov 01, 2015 03:53:15 pm
      So instead of studying, i've completely my first season a Liverpool boss already. Bunch of Redknapp style wheeling and dealing has left me with Carvajal, Jesus, Andrija Zivkovic, Geronimo Rulli, Ruben Neves, Iñigo Martinez, Gibbs (loan) and Cheryshev (loan) coming in to the club.

Jose Enrique, Simon Mignolet, James Milner, Martin Skrtel, Jon Flanagan, Danny Ings, Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren and Kolo Toure all out.

3rd with a couple of games left but can't go any lower and may sneak past Chelsea in second but meh. Won the League Cup, as well.

Hopefully land a left back, roaming playmaker and striker for next season. Berahino will be available with WBA going down. Might go for him.

You got any British players left? :D

What's the game like?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Nov 01, 2015 04:23:00 pm
      You got any British players left? :D

What's the game like?

Gomez, Ibe, Hendo, Sturridge and Clyne :D

It's got a nice few added features. Has a screen where you can see all the top league ladders at once which is a nice addition.

Tactics screens look more visual.

Layout gets a bit of getting used to but fine.

Not much different, really. Game plays largely the same as FM15.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #25: Nov 03, 2015 09:23:14 pm
      I'm playing with Fenerbahce. I'm first with ten games left with 4 point advantage. I only sold players and got Adebayor and Vlaar free. I'm still in cup but I'm always guilty that focus on the league and use fringe player for Euro :/
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #26: Nov 04, 2015 02:15:02 am
      Paid the price for letting all the British players go.

I ended up selling Ibe because i don't use wingers and City came in with an enquiry and matched my £31.5m asking price.

Now i have Alex Song in on loan to make up the quota and i'm without Lucas and Origi in my Champions League squad. Thats ok, i have Ayoze Perez, Sturridge and Benteke up top to get me through a relatively easy group.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #27: Nov 04, 2015 02:16:22 am
      Gonna start playing this tomorrow... or maybe tonight? hmmm
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #28: Nov 13, 2015 05:32:31 pm
      Anyone a Football Manager fan on here? Been looking at this list all day in preparation of who I'm going to sign when I get home!
      http://realsport101.com/football-manager-16-europes-best-wonderkids/

Anyone got any tips Liverpool/non-liverpool related?

Boo!

Hate looking up lists takes away from the scouting system in my eyes.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #29: Nov 14, 2015 11:32:55 am
      Just started a new save unemployed with the full release of the game. Opened every league and applied for any job and ended up in the Belgian Third Division.

Top 2 get promoted, 3rd to 6th play off and 7th to 18th get relegated! Savage league system they have in Belgium.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #30: Nov 14, 2015 03:13:38 pm
      Just started a new save unemployed with the full release of the game. Opened every league and applied for any job and ended up in the Belgian Third Division.

Top 2 get promoted, 3rd to 6th play off and 7th to 18th get relegated! Savage league system they have in Belgium.

Good luck, that will be hard.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #31: Nov 16, 2015 01:35:45 am
      Whenever there is a new FM out, I always play a first save with a big club in order to get used to it, before moving on to greater challenges. It's usually Liverpool that I pick but this time I decided to begin with Flamengo in the Brazilian league.

The Brazilian league is as easy as it used to be on FM15 - won it twice already (2015 and 2016), plus the Libertadores (2016).

I've signed so many top quality South American youngsters! I'm now also Brazil manager and have players like Lincoln (16 when I signed him, now 17 or 18) and Matheus Pereira (currently 18 in my game) in the national squad - unrealistic but you can do no wrong signing them to your teams. There are a few Lincolns in the game but the one I'm talking about plays for Gremio and is an attacking midfielder or left winger. Matheus came from Corinthians if I'm not mistaken, and can play on both wings or centrally as a number ten. Gabriel Jesus is also a great young striker from Palmeiras, as is Erik from Goias.

Two players in particular made it possible for me to build a squad with unreal talent for Brazilian standards: Jonathan Calleri and Lucas Romero.

I signed Calleri from Boca and he scored 50 goals in all competitions for me in 2015. I then sold him to Juventus for £35M - all straight cash, no monthly payments. Lucas Romero is a defensive/central midfielder I got from Velez and who Barça bought from me in 2016 for £40M - again all upfront.

With all this money, it was relatively easy for me to build a squad to win the Brazilian league quite easily for a number of years in a row... I even managed to attract Douglas Costa (Bayern) and Lucas Silva (Real Madrid) on loans.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #32: Nov 17, 2015 11:55:48 pm
      I dont know the game well enough tactically in this years version to be doing unemployed saves yet.

Anyone able to get fullbacks to defend? No matter what i do they are incapable of marking and tackling.

Ive tried every single player role and mindset, having ball winning midfielders helping, having an anchorman, limited defenders helping. Nothing works. Wingers always run past them or get away from them in the box to get on the end of corners.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33: Nov 18, 2015 05:55:30 pm
      I dont know the game well enough tactically in this years version to be doing unemployed saves yet.

Anyone able to get fullbacks to defend? No matter what i do they are incapable of marking and tackling.

Ive tried every single player role and mindset, having ball winning midfielders helping, having an anchorman, limited defenders helping. Nothing works. Wingers always run past them or get away from them in the box to get on the end of corners.

I've only played with a fairly good team so far so probably wouldn't be able to help you much with the defending.
      However, you can try to use that to your advantage too - I've found my wide players to be incredibly effective, and fullbacks from other teams were also frequently among the players with most assists in the Brazilian league.

My team was set up with 4 at the back, 1 DM, 1 CM, 2 wingers and 2 strikers (very attacking).
      The fullbacks were CWB set to "attack", while the two wingers were in "support" mode, with "Look for Overlap" instruction in both sides as well as "Work the Ball into Box" (or something like that).

I encouraged my team to play through both sides. That way my four wide players were to a large extent my most important players, wingers scoring 15+ goals per year and fullbacks getting many assists.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #34: Nov 19, 2015 03:47:24 am
      Yeah i had Carvajal and Clyne in my Liverpool save on the right side and Moreno on left and they always got 7.2+ ratings and a bunch of assists but i hate conceding at least a goal per game from their errors, no matter how good they are.

In my Belgian Third Division save, the same thing. I got two of the best fullbacks in the league and they can't defend at all.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #35: Nov 19, 2015 07:31:01 pm
      Yeah i had Carvajal and Clyne in my Liverpool save on the right side and Moreno on left and they always got 7.2+ ratings and a bunch of assists but i hate conceding at least a goal per game from their errors, no matter how good they are.

In my Belgian Third Division save, the same thing. I got two of the best fullbacks in the league and they can't defend at all.

My fullback are sh*t as well and they have cover too :(
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #36: Nov 19, 2015 10:50:34 pm
      Just drew 2-2 as Dortmund against Schalke (before the game crashed in the second half) and both their goals a simple ball to their winger and a cross that goes through 3 defenders and Sidney Sam is wide open far post to tap it in.

Second time, exact same but Kevin Prince is wide open in the 6 yard box and taps it home.

I have 20+ shots and complete garbage.

They never learn from their previous versions of the game. Same problems, different year.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #37: Nov 23, 2015 12:57:56 pm
      After winning pretty much everything in 2 years with Flamengo, I accepted a job offer from Arsenal. A couple of months before I had been interviewed by Liverpool, but the idiots thought Unai Emery was a better choice. I built such a strong (and ridiculously big) squad at Flamengo that they've won the Libertadores for a 2nd time in a row without me - the club's new manager is former Blackburn player Carlos Villanueva :D whom I had hired as a coach a while back.

I brought some of my Flamengo players with me to Arsenal, such as Mammana, Jorge (one of the best left backs in the game), Lincoln, Matheus Pereira and Gabriel Jesus (of those, only Jorge hadn't been signed by me for Flamengo). I also paid £100m for Paul Pogba :D I usually don't do that sort of thing, but I had plenty of money left and decided I would bring a superstar.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #38: Nov 23, 2015 02:26:23 pm
      Seriously cannot win a game to save my life. Every game is at least twice as many shots and i concede to a team who <40% possession and scores on their first chance.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #39: Nov 23, 2015 02:50:53 pm
      By the sounds of it I'm glad I haven't bought it yet :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #40: Nov 23, 2015 04:17:06 pm
      The last 3 goal scorers against me have been strikers with finishing of 9, 11 and 13.

I have Reus, Aubamayang, Luan and Gabriel Barbosa and none of them have F***ing scored. My last 3 goals have been from Sven Bender.

F***ing hell.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #41: Dec 12, 2015 01:05:45 am
      I would always buy this game on the day of release but stopped doing it last year and waited until Christmas. Whilst uni exams played a part in this, I mainly refused to buy the game until the release of the 2nd patch because I feel that it is unplayable up until this point every year. Usually, when this patch is rolled out the game's flaws are heavily reduced and it's a lot more playable.

What's this year's version like so far anyways? I have to say I really enjoyed FM15 :)
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #42: Dec 12, 2015 02:00:46 pm

Christ on a bike that's harsh
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #43: Jan 10, 2016 03:24:36 pm
      Like clockwork.

Challenge for the title. Fade after 30 games. Changed all sorts of training methods, tactics etc. to try maintain momentum but nope.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #44: Jan 10, 2016 03:55:46 pm
      Started as Lazio this year. F**k all money to spend and board are tight fisted cu*ts. Decent squad but not selling any of the big names just yet. Anderson and Keita should be my stars this year.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #45: Jan 12, 2016 03:59:02 pm
      I've finally invested in FM '16. Let's do this!!

Quick Reply