Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Football Manager 2016

Read 67902 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Football Manager 2016
      Reply #46: Jan 13, 2016 05:11:12 am
      Good luck, sir.

Buy a stress ball. Or a punching bag.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #47: Jan 13, 2016 11:42:11 am
      Good luck, sir.

Buy a stress ball. Or a punching bag.

Some of the valuations of players on this game are ridiculous. Joe Mason for Spurs is worth 14.5m?! Some of the transfer budgets are stupid as well.

I opted to start a game with Huddersfield. They gave me £2m to spend but I had to extend my wage budget with that. I signed Ryan Tunnicliffe (CM) on loan, Marc Beevers (CB) £700k, Brad Smith (LB) on loan and Harrison Reed (CM) on loan. They've got a pretty good team really so should be interesting.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #48: Jan 13, 2016 12:49:57 pm
      Just like every other FM, mate. Sometimes you get lucky and most of the other times you get asked to pay £170m for Domenico Berardi.

Just tried to sign Felipe Anderson from Chelsea as he wanted to leave because they didn't make the Champions League. I get we're rivals but they accept a £38m offer from PSG but want £140m from me at a minimum.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #49: Jan 13, 2016 12:53:57 pm
      Just like every other FM, mate. Sometimes you get lucky and most of the other times you get asked to pay £170m for Domenico Berardi.

Just tried to sign Felipe Anderson from Chelsea as he wanted to leave because they didn't make the Champions League. I get we're rivals but they accept a £38m offer from PSG but want £140m from me at a minimum.

As you say, just like every other FM then :D. I'm already raging in just my 2nd game. Away at Walsall in the League Cup, I had 20 shots, 10 on target, 1 goal. They had 5 shots, 2 on target, 2 goals.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #50: Jan 13, 2016 12:59:39 pm
      Raiding the Argentine league is the best way to find affordable talent in this game that I've found so far. However doing so in England can be problematic, given the work permit issues. Much easier to do so in Germany, where are there no restrictions
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #51: Jan 13, 2016 01:01:29 pm
      There's always some hidden gems in the Argentina league isn't there. Gino Peruzzi plays in Argentina now doesn't he? I'm already liking it more than 2015, for some reason I just couldn't get into it but I already feel like I could waste my life on this one :D How many seasons have you guys got through so far?

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #52: Jan 13, 2016 01:05:56 pm
      There's always some hidden gems in the Argentina league isn't there. Gino Peruzzi plays in Argentina now doesn't he? I'm already liking it more than 2015, for some reason I just couldn't get into it but I already feel like I could waste my life on this one :D How many seasons have you guys got through so far?

I think the longest I've played in a single game so far has been around 5 years. I started my career at Flamengo, won everything there was to be won there and applied for jobs at both Arsenal and Liverpool who had sacked their managers. LFC didn't want me so I went to Arsenal instead. Then after a year and a half at Arsenal, Liverpool sacked yet another manager and this time they did want me! ;D

I've never been one to play for extremely long periods in the same game, because I'm obsessed with transfers and I completely dismantle/rebuild squads in relatively short periods. For me the most exciting way to play for many many years is starting in the lower leagues but I haven't tried it so far. Just having this conversation makes me want to do it though!

And yes, Gino Peruzzi is currently playing for Boca! They have a lot of quality young players there though - Jonathan Calleri and Andre Cubas to name two.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #53: Jan 13, 2016 01:13:18 pm
      I think the longest I've played in a single game so far has been around 5 years. I started my career at Flamengo, won everything there was to be won there and applied for jobs at both Arsenal and Liverpool who had sacked their managers. LFC didn't want me so I went to Arsenal instead. Then after a year and a half at Arsenal, Liverpool sacked yet another manager and this time they did want me! ;D

I've never been one to play for extremely long periods in the same game, because I'm obsessed with transfers and I completely dismantle/rebuild squads in relatively short periods. For me the most exciting way to play for many many years is starting in the lower leagues but I haven't tried it so far. Just having this conversation makes me want to do it though!

And yes, Gino Peruzzi is currently playing for Boca! They have a lot of quality young players there though - Jonathan Calleri and Andre Cubas to name two.

You should have told them where to stick it :D I was going to start with a League Two team but I used to start with Huddersfield in previous years (2015 aside) so thought I'd go with them on this one too. You bought anybody good for Liverpool?

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #54: Jan 13, 2016 01:22:00 pm
      You should have told them where to stick it :D I was going to start with a League Two team but I used to start with Huddersfield in previous years (2015 aside) so thought I'd go with them on this one too. You bought anybody good for Liverpool?

Dybala! He turns into a real beast in the game, possibly the best striker I had on it so far. I also signed a Russian regen who was the 2018 World Cup top scorer :D They were my two strikers and made everything so easy. For Arsenal I signed Paul Pogba for something silly like £100m ;D I don't usually do this kind of thing but I had so much money left I thought 'why not'!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #55: Jan 13, 2016 02:00:18 pm
      Dybala! He turns into a real beast in the game, possibly the best striker I had on it so far. I also signed a Russian regen who was the 2018 World Cup top scorer :D They were my two strikers and made everything so easy. For Arsenal I signed Paul Pogba for something silly like £100m ;D I don't usually do this kind of thing but I had so much money left I thought 'why not'!

Dybala was really good on last years too after a season or two. I can imagine he's more expensive on this one though. £100m :D I used to do stuff like that when I had a settled team and didn't need a lot of people so I'd waste it all on one player.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #56: Jan 14, 2016 12:15:56 am
      I find looking at contracts really helps me with signing players. If they have a year or less left on their deals you can get them at a cut price.

Playing as Lazio at the moment and going through the really frustrating part where the team are gelling and getting used to the tactics so results not coming as I'd want them. Will take a while as I've got some new faces in, will post transfer details when I'm next playing.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #57: Jan 14, 2016 04:47:21 pm
      I'm fuming! I managed to get through to the 4th round of the League Cup, I was up against Villa. It went to a penalty shootout, the score was 7-7 after 8 pens each, I go to take my next one and Villa's keeper ran right up to my player and kicked the ball away. That apparently means I mised the pen :lmao: What the F**k have I just witnessed? My guy didn't even get to take the pen and he missed it? ???
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #58: Jan 14, 2016 07:49:18 pm
      I'm fuming! I managed to get through to the 4th round of the League Cup, I was up against Villa. It went to a penalty shootout, the score was 7-7 after 8 pens each, I go to take my next one and Villa's keeper ran right up to my player and kicked the ball away. That apparently means I mised the pen :lmao: What the F**k have I just witnessed? My guy didn't even get to take the pen and he missed it? ???

Vintage Zairian defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PROehLAY88
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #59: Jan 14, 2016 11:17:53 pm

:lmao: I promise you, that's exactly what it was like!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #60: Jan 17, 2016 10:55:34 am
      Like clockwork.

Challenge for the title. Fade after 30 games. Changed all sorts of training methods, tactics etc. to try maintain momentum but nope.

Best defence in the league and 9 points clear concedes 10 in 3 and now lose top spot. Clockwork.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #61: Jan 19, 2016 10:03:16 pm
      Finished my first season with Huddersfield. Finished 3rd in the league and got promoted via the play-offs. They gave me £22m to spend and there was a difference of £320k a week between my wage budget and expenditure. So many good players get transfer listed on this game for next to nothing :D I picked up Balanta, Bojan, R.Zivkovic, Lewis Cook, Ayala, McManaman and a few others (whilst making a few bob through outgoing transfers).

My team atm is: Mannel; Smith Ayala Balanta Garcia; McManaman Cook Sane Jairo; Wells Zivkovic

One thing that's started irritating me in my second season though is the tactics. If I use a pressing style then everybody just runs off towards the ball but if I don't then they run right through my team. It's also irritating how I can barely hold onto the ball for longer than 3 or 4 passes no matter if I got to a direct, mixed or short passing style. The only thing I can think of is that there's been a fair few transfers so it's taking them quite a while to get used to the tactics.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #62: Jan 20, 2016 04:01:11 am
      Definitely the most challenging FM so far. The tactics have to be spot on so you have to adjust game by game, i found.

Won the Champions League in the my fourth season with this as the final:

Ended up going to the 10th penalty or something. In the end the red cards helped me because i had two or three of my best penalty takers taking two whilst they had their defenders taking them at the end :D

But i had a 9 point lead in the league and for the 3rd straight season the team goes to sh*t and i ended up 3rd and only just scraped a Champions League spot because Everton drew and Chelsea lost on the final day.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #63: Jan 20, 2016 08:20:47 am
      I keep getting players sent off  :f_doh:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #64: Jan 20, 2016 10:06:28 am
      That's some going Crouchie! How did you manage to get 4 sent off? :lmao: One thing about this game is that if a person on a yellow commits a foul then they don't get another chance they just get a second yellow.

I also keep conceding penalties nearly every game.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #65: Jan 20, 2016 10:13:33 am
      Haha this must be one of the most bizarre UCL finals ever. I mean, 4 players sent off... and it was against Koln?! Usually 4 years is not a very long time for a team of this stature to become a big European side in the game!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #66: Jan 20, 2016 11:03:47 am
      Mustafi got two yellows. Then Ozan Tufan was playing in defence and was adjudged to be the last man whilst fouling someone (bullshit!) so Trajkovic (regen) argued with the official and got sent off as well for a second yellow. Playing a 4-3-0, Moreno conceded a penalty and was sent off as well, but Rulli saved it. Held on for the last 12 minutes with a 4-2-0 :D

Actually beat Bayern, Leverkusen and then Koln throughout the knockouts.

Haha this must be one of the most bizarre UCL finals ever. I mean, 4 players sent off... and it was against Koln?! Usually 4 years is not a very long time for a team of this stature to become a big European side in the game!

They've finished 10th, 11th, 5th, 5th, 9th and 3rd in the league. They got through by winning the Europa the season before. I hate them because they wouldn't sell me a young regen who is brilliant :D
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #67: Jan 20, 2016 07:01:24 pm

Board refuse to give me money despite finances being purring. Dicks.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #68: Jan 21, 2016 05:29:58 pm

Board refuse to give me money despite finances being purring. Dicks.

Stacking up on strikers there mate? :D

I've not made a bad start to my first season in the Prem with Huddersfield. After 10 games I've won 4, drew 2, lost 4 and I currently lie in 11th.

Quick Reply