Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Football Manager 2016

Read 67907 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Football Manager 2016
      Reply #184: Feb 18, 2016 10:18:17 pm
      I'll get relegated next season. You watch.

jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #185: Feb 19, 2016 11:54:43 am
      Into my 2nd season (slowed down now). Had City, Arsenal, PSG and Chelsea in succession, came away with 2 wins and 2 draws.
      Then went on to lose to Sunderland, Inter and West Ham, plus a draw against West Brom. Bloody hell.

Really difficult to manage my bloated squad, many players aren't getting any play time.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #186: Feb 19, 2016 03:14:12 pm
      Just had to jinx it, didn't I?
      Skrtel, Lucas, coutinho, Gomez and ilori injured in the international break.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #187: Feb 19, 2016 04:39:43 pm
      Just had to jinx it, didn't I?
      Skrtel, Lucas, coutinho, Gomez and ilori injured in the international break.

:D When an injuries rain, they pour. I don't know if it's just me being paranoid but once one player goes down, another half dozen follow. And then you have months where no one gets injured.

Just finished the 2021/22 season with 110 points and won the Championship by 32 points. Now to do what i haven't done in my past two seasons in the Premier League - stay up!

Landed Ferreira Carrasco on a free plus two you regens and two keepers for the home grown quota. Hopefully i can make two or three quality signings to boost the squad.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #188: Feb 19, 2016 05:19:12 pm
      How the F**k am i not Manager of the Year? Joke!
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #189: Feb 19, 2016 06:33:00 pm
      :D
      Consistency is a big problem in my current season.

Also, I'm playing the same tactics as last year's, but they play differently now. Lobbing balls to Sturridge all of a sudden, along with other weird habits.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #190: Feb 20, 2016 02:36:47 am
      I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS GAME!

Exact same line ups against Brentford to last season except i have Serge Gnabry in for Ante Coric and i lose 3-1 after beating them twice last season. I dominated the game and got fu**ed.

Then this rubbish against Newcastle.

Had 10 half chances and 4 clear cut chances in these two games and nothing to F***ing show for it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #191: Feb 21, 2016 11:58:59 am
      :D When an injuries rain, they pour. I don't know if it's just me being paranoid but once one player goes down, another half dozen follow. And then you have months where no one gets injured.

Just finished the 2021/22 season with 110 points and won the Championship by 32 points. Now to do what i haven't done in my past two seasons in the Premier League - stay up!

Landed Ferreira Carrasco on a free plus two you regens and two keepers for the home grown quota. Hopefully i can make two or three quality signings to boost the squad.

You've definitely been smashing it haven't you :D. What's been a fault for you always going straight back down? Leaking goals or not producing at the other end?

Edit: Nevermind, just seen you screenshots.

How the F**k am i not Manager of the Year? Joke!

I hate the manager, player and team of the year votes on this game. Barbosa was the 2nd highest goalscorer at the end of my first season with Spurs on 19 goals. He also had 6 assists and a rating of 7.75 yet two strikers who only had 18 goals between them beat him into the TOTY.

Just finished my first season with them. I won the FA Cup, Europa League and finishing 2nd in the league (Chelsea beat me by goal difference). I got lucky in the Europa League. I lost the first leg of the semi-final against Dortmund 3-0, managed to pull it back to 3-3 on agg. before they scored which meant I needed a couple of goals with 10 mins left, I won 6-1 :D

Bernardo Silva is a machine on this game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #192: Feb 21, 2016 01:09:17 pm
      Beat the Mancs to go on a bit of a run to January. Sitting just in the top half of the table.

Now F***ing stay there.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #193: Feb 21, 2016 08:04:52 pm
      Beat the Mancs to go on a bit of a run to January. Sitting just in the top half of the table.

Now F***ing stay there.

Good to hear mate.

I got given 43m to spend but I could extend it to around 49m. I sold Chadli for 32m, Wimmer out on loan and Dembele for 15m. I signed Stones to expand on my English/home grown quota. I now have Walker, Stones, Rose, Dier and Alli in my starting 11. I've just revamped my entire staff too. I have all the best coaching groups in the league apart from GK's and fitness (2nd & 3rd).
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #194: Feb 22, 2016 04:15:29 am
      Been F***ing leaking goals left right and centre. Sakho, Skrtel, Gomez, Ilori, Moreno and Wisdom all turning into sh*te.
      Got in Alderweireld and Robertson (Hull), since I'm planning to offload Skrtel, Ilori and Enrique this summer.

Got some nice youngsters / regens coming through, should be intesresting next season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #195: Feb 22, 2016 05:41:50 pm
      So i signed Bartlomiej Dragowski as a keeper for the first team for £21.5m two and a half seasons ago. His stats are pretty flawless and he's developing still (25 yrs old) but his value keeps declining to the point where it's £2.7m even though he's on £42k p/w and over two seasons left on his deal. What the F**k?

Just got to January and been flooded with bids in the region of £2-5m for him. He's clearly worth so much more.

Anyway, sitting in 7th and 3 points off top four. Brentford are 3rd, 4 points ahead of me so the Championship sides that came up are killing it :D

Lost Serge Gnabry for a few weeks which is a huge blow because he's averaging over 8.0 this season, as well as regen striker and centre mid who are out for a bit longer.

So tempted to sign Saúl from United who is on the transfer list for £12m only but i have enough cover there. It is Saúl though :D Could get Ante Coric back from PSG for half the fee i sold him for 6 months ago, as well as Maximillian Romero for £10m and Baba Rahman for £11m. January could get expensive.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #196: Feb 22, 2016 06:04:34 pm
      So i signed Bartlomiej Dragowski as a keeper for the first team for £21.5m two and a half seasons ago. His stats are pretty flawless and he's developing still (25 yrs old) but his value keeps declining to the point where it's £2.7m even though he's on £42k p/w and over two seasons left on his deal. What the F**k?

Just got to January and been flooded with bids in the region of £2-5m for him. He's clearly worth so much more.

Anyway, sitting in 7th and 3 points off top four. Brentford are 3rd, 4 points ahead of me so the Championship sides that came up are killing it :D

Lost Serge Gnabry for a few weeks which is a huge blow because he's averaging over 8.0 this season, as well as regen striker and centre mid who are out for a bit longer.

So tempted to sign Saúl from United who is on the transfer list for £12m only but i have enough cover there. It is Saúl though :D Could get Ante Coric back from PSG for half the fee i sold him for 6 months ago, as well as Maximillian Romero for £10m and Baba Rahman for £11m. January could get expensive.

Your game seems more flawed than mine. Glad to see you're doing well in the Prem for once mate :D. Does Gnabry that well then?

I'm just looking for a right back atm as I'm trying to offload Trippier. Carvajal, Clyne, Danilo and De Sciglio are at the top of my list which will mean Walker drops down to 2nd choice. He's declining a little anyway. The rest of my squad is really young but full of talent: Stones, Mammana, Riedewald, Maia, Alli, Dier, Malcom, A. Zivkovic, Embolo, B. Silva, Barbosa, M. Dembele, R. Zivkovic etc. ;D
      « Last Edit: Feb 22, 2016 06:28:22 pm by mcarz »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #197: Feb 22, 2016 06:21:23 pm
      Your game seems more flawed than mine that's for sure. Glad to see you're doing well in the Prem for once mate :D. Does Gnabry that well then?

I'm just looking for a right back atm as I'm trying to offload Trippier. Carvajal, Clyne, Danilo and De Sciglio are at the top of my list which will mean Walker drops down to 2nd choice. He's declining a little anyway. The rest of my squad is really young but full of talent: Stones, Mammana, Riedewald, Maia, Alli, Dier, Malcom, A. Zivkovic, Embolo, B. Silva, Barbosa, M. Dembele, R. Zivkovic etc. ;D

He's developed his stats a lot since the start of the game, mainly because he's played at Hoffenheim for 3 seasons after leaving Arsenal and had two loan spells before that where he played at each club.

I play a counter attacking style with an Advanced Playmaker (Attack) through the middle behind a lone striker so i need a high workrate, good dribbling and passing.

Managed to get him for £13.25m in 2022/23 from Bayern after not playing much for them in his only season there. This is how he looks now:

Maybe look at Corchia if you can for RB. He's my favourite RB along with Clyne on this game.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #198: Feb 22, 2016 06:30:38 pm
      Gnabry looks a quality player on yours. Cheers for the tip, I completely forgot about him. I had Corchia on FM14 and he was really good.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #199: Feb 22, 2016 07:14:08 pm
      How good is Che Nunnely on your game Crouchie? I'm thinking of buying him now as a 17 year old but he's going to cost me about 6.5m up front with another 3m in add-ons.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #200: Feb 22, 2016 07:57:06 pm
      Funny you say that as on my Liverpool save he is a monster but with Swindon i got him for free as a 21 year old and kept resigning him on one year contracts whilst loaning him out. Very average at 23 and i'm letting him go because he wont be good enough and he's done nothing at Atalanta.

But on my Liverpool save, where he actually played during his younger years, he is one of the best wingers in the game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #201: Feb 22, 2016 08:08:36 pm
      God F***ing dammit. Why did i wake up early and play this game?

About to lose the best CDM in the world to Schalke for £24m because of a F***ing release clause i couldn't get rid of. He's literally perfect and i got him for £5.5m and he's only 23.

Lost Gnabry for 5 weeks. Lost my first choice right winger (regen wizard) for a month.

Beat the Mancs 4-0 though :D

I'm closing this game and going to uni. Bullshit.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #202: Feb 22, 2016 09:25:35 pm
      Funny you say that as on my Liverpool save he is a monster but with Swindon i got him for free as a 21 year old and kept resigning him on one year contracts whilst loaning him out. Very average at 23 and i'm letting him go because he wont be good enough and he's done nothing at Atalanta.

But on my Liverpool save, where he actually played during his younger years, he is one of the best wingers in the game.

I'm looking at players to sign who are younger than 18 so they become club home grown and my scout came back with his name. I want to sign him but I have 4 really young but really good wingers in A. Zivkovic, Malcom, Embolo and B. Silva so he won't get into my team even in 3 or 4 years so I think I'm going to leave it.

God F***ing dammit. Why did i wake up early and play this game?

About to lose the best CDM in the world to Schalke for £24m because of a F***ing release clause i couldn't get rid of. He's literally perfect and i got him for £5.5m and he's only 23.

Lost Gnabry for 5 weeks. Lost my first choice right winger (regen wizard) for a month.

Beat the Mancs 4-0 though :D

I'm closing this game and going to uni. Bullshit.

Release clauses are killers on this game. At the end of last season Man United, Real Madrid and a few other clubs came sniffing around Barbosa and Bernardo Silva who had 65m release clauses, they both still had 4 years left of 5 year contracts but gave them wage rises anyway and took out their release clauses. I can't wait until I get later into the game when regens come to the forefront.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #203: Feb 23, 2016 05:28:12 am

Which CDM?

I gave up Can to PSG for 45mil. because he was causing disquiet and their offer was 3mil more than his release clause. Got Romero, Lucas (for now) and a very good regen (don't remember name). Plus 45mil. was too good to turn down for an unhappy player. :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #204: Feb 23, 2016 01:45:18 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #205: Feb 23, 2016 04:19:04 pm

How predictable. Crouchie and his regens :D

I opted for Carvajal over Corchia. He cost a fair whack but I've got enough players I'm relying on to develop atm. I've sold Alderweireld and Trippier since due to having a few younger defenders I want to utilise. I save £125k a week in wages and got 31m for the pair.

Starting 11: Lloris, Carvajal, Stones, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Alli, B.Silva, Eriksen, Malcom, Barbosa.
      Bench: Mammana, Haidara, Maia, Tielemans, A.Zivkovic, Embolo, R.Zivkovic
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #206: Feb 23, 2016 06:27:47 pm
      Finally finished my first season - think you guys have gone through several in the same time! Very happy with a 2nd placed finish and automatic promotion.

Already done some business with the 21.5m Mr Cellino has given me for the first Premiership season. Scoured the transfer list and have picked up Mousa Dembele (the spurs cm) for 2.5m + add ons, Riviere from the Geordies for 650k and probably Berisha the GK from Lazio for 1.8m. Also signed a striker called Walter from Porto for 5m, got some good stats so hope he does the business!

Really need that extra quality, or I'm going straight back down!

Quick Reply