Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Football Manager 2016

Read 67903 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Football Manager 2016
      Reply #207: Feb 23, 2016 06:30:22 pm
      How predictable. Crouchie and his regens :D

I opted for Carvajal over Corchia. He cost a fair whack but I've got enough players I'm relying on to develop atm. I've sold Alderweireld and Trippier since due to having a few younger defenders I want to utilise. I save £125k a week in wages and got 31m for the pair.

Starting 11: Lloris, Carvajal, Stones, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Alli, B.Silva, Eriksen, Malcom, Barbosa.
      Bench: Mammana, Haidara, Maia, Tielemans, A.Zivkovic, Embolo, R.Zivkovic

The one Stoke stole off me just scored 4 against me in a 4-1 win. He scored a hat trick last time, too :'(

I'm in 4th though! Just past January and its pretty tight behind the top two (Arsenal and Chelsea). Nearly a half dozen clubs chasing the top four.

Liverpool had Klopp, then Simeone and now have Guardiola as boss. Tanked them 4-1 though.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #208: Feb 23, 2016 07:26:38 pm
      The one Stoke stole off me just scored 4 against me in a 4-1 win. He scored a hat trick last time, too :'(

I'm in 4th though! Just past January and its pretty tight behind the top two (Arsenal and Chelsea). Nearly a half dozen clubs chasing the top four.

Liverpool had Klopp, then Simeone and now have Guardiola as boss. Tanked them 4-1 though.

Crouchie you seem to be the regen virtuoso, do you know when they appear and how best to get your scouts to search for them?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #209: Feb 23, 2016 07:39:25 pm
      Crouchie you seem to be the regen virtuoso, do you know when they appear and how best to get your scouts to search for them?

I always have a scout in each major country and then scouts searching every continental region.

Got a scout in England, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal, Belgium and then one scout in every region you can select including Africa and Oceania etc.

I keep them all on ongoing and to search for no less than 3.5 star potential.

Each nation has a different date for regens spawning in youth academies. You can find them online. From memory, Spain's is the earliest in a season from the major leagues. They are around September time.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #210: Feb 23, 2016 07:53:37 pm
      I always have a scout in each major country and then scouts searching every continental region.

Got a scout in England, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal, Belgium and then one scout in every region you can select including Africa and Oceania etc.

Each nation has a different date for regens spawning in youth academies. You can find them online. From memory, Spain's is the earliest in a season from the major leagues. They are around September time.

Cheers for the info mate. My scouts are a bit crap and I only have 4 at the moment so I need to expand the staff I think :D

Going to use any leftover transfer/wage budget to improve the coaches and scouts at the club, no point having promising youngsters if I don't have the coaches to train em up!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #211: Feb 24, 2016 11:10:01 pm
      First time i've ever been disappointed that i'm getting a takeover approach. I love my owners :D They always propose improvements and give me buckets of money!

4th with 5 games to go. 4 points clear of 5th.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #212: Feb 25, 2016 04:33:56 am
      Champions League here we come!

Signed two regens already + Borja San Emeterio (for a second time in this save).

This lad for £19.75m:

And this one for £11.75m:

jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #213: Feb 25, 2016 12:51:16 pm

That's right, Spain is sometime in September/October I think and England in March.

Expand your youth categories and as Crouchie mentioned, hire good scouts and make them cover the main footballing nations as well as lesser ones in Europe. (Croatia has produced some excellent regens for me in the past)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #214: Feb 27, 2016 12:11:04 pm
      Just signed 5 regens Viktoria Pilzen for £4m combined :D Look pretty good for 16/17 year olds. sh*t thing about playing a save with no youth success at all is you never get any good ones coming through the academy and have to scout them.

Through the group stages in the UCL. Had Real Madrid, Schalke (who are very good in this save. Best two strikers in the world on their books) and Ajax. Top of the table with a home game against Madrid left to seal top spot.

Struggling in the league though. Squad isn't quite ready to handle all competitions so far and it's showing.

jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #215: Feb 28, 2016 02:34:24 pm
      Have my midfield and especially CDM sorted for the next few years. Grujic, Romero, Riechedly Bazoer all looking good.
      A regen Dickson Dumaka is just 17 and mark my words, he will be in my first team contention in about a season or two.

Have another regen whose first name starts with "OhGod". :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #216: Mar 01, 2016 08:41:25 am
      Out of the CL to PSG 3-0 on agg. in the first knock out round.

Fourth in the league though. Slowly creeping up the ladder.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #217: Mar 03, 2016 10:26:09 am
      I've not been on this for about a week or so. Thought I'd give myself a little break in-case I get bored of it too soon.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #218: Mar 03, 2016 09:23:02 pm
      I've not been on this for about a week or so. Thought I'd give myself a little break in-case I get bored of it too soon.

I haven't stopped playing. It's a curse :D

This central defender just got sent off for diving twice :lmao:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #219: Mar 05, 2016 10:25:16 am
      I haven't stopped playing. It's a curse :D

This central defender just got sent off for diving twice :lmao:

Why is a CB diving? :D
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #220: Mar 05, 2016 11:13:48 am
      Still lagging behind you guys, only into my second season with Leeds. Surprised myself with how we've done, I'm in the middle of December and will stay top if I draw or beat Chelsea in the next game. Pretty happy with my lineup atm.

Begovic (loan)
      Sam Byram
      Subotic (3.7m)
      Liam Cooper
      Charlie Taylor
      Lewis Cook
      Alex Mowatt
      Mousa Dembele (3m)
      Zivkovic (free)
      Stuart Dallas
      Walter (5m)

Zivkovic is has one of the highest average rating in the league, and Walter is top scorer with 13 from 10. Been very lucky with injuries, right up til the point Begovic just got injured for 4 months while on international duty...

Need a good young CB, any recommendations lads?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #221: Mar 05, 2016 01:17:37 pm

To get a penalty from two corners haha. Wasn't even mad, thought it was funny even though I lost.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #222: Mar 05, 2016 01:18:31 pm
      Still lagging behind you guys, only into my second season with Leeds. Surprised myself with how we've done, I'm in the middle of December and will stay top if I draw or beat Chelsea in the next game. Pretty happy with my lineup atm.

Begovic (loan)
      Sam Byram
      Subotic (3.7m)
      Liam Cooper
      Charlie Taylor
      Lewis Cook
      Alex Mowatt
      Mousa Dembele (3m)
      Zivkovic (free)
      Stuart Dallas
      Walter (5m)

Zivkovic is has one of the highest average rating in the league, and Walter is top scorer with 13 from 10. Been very lucky with injuries, right up til the point Begovic just got injured for 4 months while on international duty...

Need a good young CB, any recommendations lads?

Emmanuel Mammana if he hasn't gone anywhere else from River Plate.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #223: Mar 05, 2016 01:27:57 pm
      Emmanuel Mammana if he hasn't gone anywhere else from River Plate.

100% get this guy! On my Huddersfield game he became one of the top defenders on the game by 22/23.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #224: Mar 05, 2016 01:57:08 pm
      Ahh I was so close to signing him in the summer but it fell through over bloody wage demands! He had a 5.2m release clause but has since signed a new contract so isn't gonna come cheap!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #225: Mar 05, 2016 02:00:15 pm
      Not sure how cheap he'd be but Nicklas Starke is excellent too.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #226: Mar 05, 2016 02:02:59 pm
      Not sure how cheap he'd be but Nicklas Starke is excellent too.

He's normally a high price ticket but there are also times when he runs his contract down to move on the cheap.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #227: Mar 05, 2016 02:30:00 pm
      Haven't played this in a while. Started a new game with Estudiantes in Argentina
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #228: Mar 10, 2016 01:15:51 pm
      Has anybody messed about with the 'create a club' feature yet? I did yesterday and I don't think I like it. I created a team replacing Man City and the squad was insane.

There is also a HUGE loophole if you want to eventually keep a certain player but want his value to use at the start.
      Example: David Silva was worth £62m, I removed him from the squad which gave me an extra £62m to use, I brought in Neymar and once I started the game I got Silva on a free as he was without a club. Neymar and Silva for £63m :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #229: Mar 10, 2016 10:31:41 pm
      Just got that regen i sold to Stoke back on loan (from Arsenal) and it's the happiest i've ever been playing FM :lmao: Scored on his first game back too!

Quick Reply