Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Several things wrong at our club and it starts at the top.

Read 11375 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Several things wrong at our club and it starts at the top.
      Reply #115: Sep 19, 2015 12:06:34 pm
      That just makes me think it's more the transfer committees* issue.

I agree there is an issue with the transfer committee, I'm not denying that, they have failed, plain and simple, no other way to describe it.

But they are working under the constraints of a transfer strategy and wage structure that the owners have put in place.

Its not one or the other for me, its a combination of both.

That's the point I'm trying to make.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #116: Sep 19, 2015 12:16:37 pm
      I agree there is an issue with the transfer committee, I'm not denying that, they have failed, plain and simple, no other way to describe it.

But they are working under the constraints of a transfer strategy and wage structure that the owners have put in place.

Its not one or the other for me, its a combination of both for me.

Even with the constraints, which I don't feel are anywhere near as stringent as some try to make out, which every club, barring a few have, I place far more blame on the TC than the board.  With the money and the wages we have spent, we should be in a better state on the pitch, that's why I place more blame that side.  As for the money we haven't spent, the books have been pretty open on that issue and far better accountants than me have explained it.

Talking of money we haven't spent though, to me it looks like the club are setting up to dispose of him or back him heavily in January, depending on our position as we head in to the busy winter fixtures.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #117: Sep 19, 2015 12:42:58 pm
      Within the constrains for the policies laid down by the owners

Man Utd were able to buy Bastian Schweinsteiger (31) a quality player that has improved the mid-field. We (LFC), under FSG policy would not be allowed to make that purchase because of age and wage restrictions imposed by FSG… Who is to say that these players (Borini, Allen, Lovren, Lallana, Lambert and so on.) would have been bought under lets say H&G?.... We (LFC) are not longer trying to buying the best players; we are instead trying to buy the best players that fit the criteria the owners have imposed on the manager and club thus handicapping us.

Except that Borini flopped and, because he was young and had premiership experience and been capped for his country we managed to move him on to Sunderland for 8m rising to 10m instead of zero million which might have been the case if he was 32 years old.

That means the manager had more money to spend in the transfer window for his next acquisition therefore the policy turned out to be an advantage rather than a handicap.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #118: Sep 19, 2015 02:16:42 pm
      Except that Borini flopped and, because he was young and had premiership experience and been capped for his country we managed to move him on to Sunderland for 8m rising to 10m instead of zero million which might have been the case if he was 32 years old.

That means the manager had more money to spend in the transfer window for his next acquisition therefore the policy turned out to be an advantage rather than a handicap.

Brendans first signing and his old mate.

Complete flop.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #119: Sep 19, 2015 03:47:42 pm
      Where are the wage figures coming from?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #120: Sep 19, 2015 04:44:55 pm
      Where are the wage figures coming from?

I'm not sure where Daz got them from but I did think Mignolet would have been on more then £35K
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #121: Sep 19, 2015 04:58:43 pm
      I'm not sure where Daz got them from but I did think Mignolet would have been on more then £35K

He is, he's on £60k, the rest are correct.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #122: Sep 20, 2015 03:09:03 am
      its far too easy to blame the owners.

its like the default setting for football fans.

They are not the reason why rodgers is making basic mistakes

But they are the ones that hired him and allow him to stay so who's fault is it?
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #123: Sep 20, 2015 07:33:02 am
      Good question - it depends how far back you want to go.

Arguably it's Moores and Parry for selling the club to the wrong people in the first place. No H&G - no FSG.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #124: Sep 20, 2015 08:16:02 am
      If memory serves, Mignolet is on £60k a week, looking at those wages, Hart has been having similar brain farts behing a better defence, the last two seasons, The others are all consistently better than our keeper, but we'd have to look outside our league to get better, though I do like the look of Darlow, who is on loan from Newcastle to Forest, but he's not ready yet.

De Gea's bump is presumbly so they can still gouge Real next summer or signed him long term and to United, he is worth £200,000 a week and they can afford it.

There's a ton of keepers in the prem all better than Migs. Butland, Krul, Begowiz, Ruddy, Cech to name a few that realistically we could have gone for. Migs is as much use as a pair of nuns tits!

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #125: Sep 20, 2015 08:26:09 am
      He is, he's on £60k, the rest are correct.

60k a week , for a keeper that can't catch or kick a ball. Some F***ing signing that was!

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #126: Sep 20, 2015 11:10:00 am

The point I am making is we are being forced by FSG policy to take gambles on players like Borini, when we should be buying players like Franck Ribery (31) Arjen Robben (30) Ashley Young (30) etc... Players that we know fully well their "Potential" because they have reach. Players that increases our chances of winning titles and cups.... These to me at least; are sound investments.....

You mentioned Borini... How much has he cost us?.... Transfer fee, signing on fee, Wages?.... I would wager a lot more than
      The point I am making is we are being forced by FSG policy to take gambles on players like Borini, when we could be buying players like Franck Ribery (31) Arjen Robben (30) Ashley Young (30) etc... Players that we know fully well their "Potential" because they have reach. Players that increases our chances of winning titles and cups.... These to me at least; are sound investments.....

You mentioned Borini... How much has he cost us?.... Transfer fee, signing on fee, Wages?.... I would wager a lot more than the £8-£10m we are getting for him. And then there is the hidden cost. The games lost; the failure to progress in the League, Cups and Europe etc. Some could even argue that his purchase cost us the League Title (2013/14). If we had a better players as back up we could have won games that we drew and lost that season, for that player would not have been sent out on loan, but instead at the club scoring goals, and standing in for Suarez, and Sturridge when they had injuries.

I equate it to this….. I needed a small screwdriver so I when to a $ (pound) shop to get one cheap. Got home and set about using it, the head sheared off. I had to go back out spend another £2.20p on bus fare just to buy another screwdriver, a proper one from B&Q, for £3.95p wasting the original £3.20p spent going to the pound shop and buying their screwdriver, because I wanted to do things cheaper... You see the point?
       Trying do (as FSG is) things on the cheap often turn out to be more expensive in the long run
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #127: Sep 20, 2015 11:57:40 am
      60k a week , for a keeper that can't catch or kick a ball. Some f**king signing that was!

Some wage too.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #128: Sep 20, 2015 12:37:36 pm

The point I am making is we are being forced by FSG policy to take gambles on players like Borini, when we should be buying players like Franck Ribery (31) Arjen Robben (30) Ashley Young (30) etc... Players that we know fully well their "Potential" because they have reach. Players that increases our chances of winning titles and cups.... These to me at least; are sound investments.....

You mentioned Borini... How much has he cost us?.... Transfer fee, signing on fee, Wages?.... I would wager a lot more than
      The point I am making is we are being forced by FSG policy to take gambles on players like Borini, when we could be buying players like Franck Ribery (31) Arjen Robben (30) Ashley Young (30) etc... Players that we know fully well their "Potential" because they have reach. Players that increases our chances of winning titles and cups.... These to me at least; are sound investments.....

You mentioned Borini... How much has he cost us?.... Transfer fee, signing on fee, Wages?.... I would wager a lot more than the £8-£10m we are getting for him. And then there is the hidden cost. The games lost; the failure to progress in the League, Cups and Europe etc. Some could even argue that his purchase cost us the League Title (2013/14). If we had a better players as back up we could have won games that we drew and lost that season, for that player would not have been sent out on loan, but instead at the club scoring goals, and standing in for Suarez, and Sturridge when they had injuries.

I equate it to this….. I needed a small screwdriver so I when to a $ (pound) shop to get one cheap. Got home and set about using it, the head sheared off. I had to go back out spend another £2.20p on bus fare just to buy another screwdriver, a proper one from B&Q, for £3.95p wasting the original £3.20p spent going to the pound shop and buying their screwdriver, because I wanted to do things cheaper... You see the point?
       Trying do (as FSG is) things on the cheap often turn out to be more expensive in the long run

You should have just ordered the screwdriver from Amazon. You could have read reviews and got the one that is highly rated and if you have Amazon Prime, free two day shipping.

What are you doing that you sheared the head off a screwdriver anyway?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #129: Sep 20, 2015 01:28:18 pm
      There's a ton of keepers in the prem all better than Migs. Butland, Krul, Begowiz, Ruddy, Cech to name a few that realistically we could have gone for. Migs is as much use as a pair of nuns tits!

Not when Mignolet was signed, he was far better than all those except Cech, who wasn't available when we signed Simon. 
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #130: Sep 20, 2015 01:42:43 pm
      Not when Mignolet was signed, he was far better than all those except Cech, who wasn't available when we signed Simon. 

Sorry, but I'm not buying that at all.
      If he was better than those mentioned, he would have signed for someone other than Sunderland in the first place.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #131: Sep 20, 2015 01:47:55 pm
      Sorry, but I'm not buying that at all.
      If he was better than those mentioned, he would have signed for someone other than Sunderland in the first place.

I'm not selling it, it's simply true.  He has been nowhere near the keeper he was at Sunderland though.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #132: Sep 20, 2015 02:52:30 pm
      You should have just ordered the screwdriver from Amazon. You could have read reviews and got the one that is highly rated and if you have Amazon Prime, free two day shipping.

Screwing?
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #133: Sep 20, 2015 05:56:08 pm

;D

Quick Reply