Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Watching Liverpool FC

Will Always Be a Joy For Me
      8 (12.3%)
      Tests Me But I've Loyalty
      20 (30.8%)
      Pains Me Cause of What I See
      33 (50.8%)
      For How Much, No It's Not For Me
      0 (0%)
      A Slowly Fading Memory
      4 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Sep 17, 2015 04:58:09 pm

Watching Liverpool FC

Read 12527 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Re: Watching Liverpool FC
      Reply #69: Sep 20, 2015 08:50:23 pm
      Watching them on TV is hard, of late, but I live for the 6-12 times a season that I get to see them live, especially at Anfield.  Don't know if I've been lucky or the city and people are as great as I think they are, but I've not had a bad trip yet, results may not always have been so good.

You've not had a bad trip simply because Rodders most are of the opinion, bollocks to the game, lets just enjoy ourselves and have a laugh.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #70: Sep 20, 2015 08:52:43 pm
      You've not had a bad trip simply because Rodders most are of the opinion, bollocks to the game, lets just enjoy ourselves and have a laugh.

Even the bitter taxi drivers are great.  Fabulous city, especially compared to Bristol, where I live now, but the locals aren't anywhere near as friendly.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #71: Sep 20, 2015 11:52:46 pm
      Even the bitter taxi drivers are great. 

Hahaha the bullshit they talk about LFC is always funny!
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #72: Sep 21, 2015 01:15:13 am
      LFC is in my veins lad and always will be regardless if they play in the Premier league or end up in Conference I still won't give up I still will love and support my club.

You'll Never Walk Alone is a way of life not a "slogan" you try and associate yourself with when your team is winning only.

Amen.

While I will say the passion for our football is not exactly high at the moment - inevitable when you're struggling, one will always be more trepidatious in their hope when the product is struggling - but my passion for the club will never waver. I still get excited every time I see XI men of Liverpool take the field, no matter who those men in the shirts may be.

It F***ing sucks to watch much more often than it used to, but I will never stop hoping it'll be at the glorious heights of the past again. In the meantime? I'll wear my tear stained jersey, drink many ales, and toast to the good times and the bad with my fellow reds. YNWA motherfuckers.

I agree with both of these statements. It may not be the best thing to watch these days, but Liverpool will always be a part of my life. I still drive to a pub to watch the game with fellow fans and have a couple of pints.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #73: Sep 21, 2015 05:22:37 am
      I watched the rugby the other night, Japan beating the South Africans, the feeling I had watching that is what I used to have watching football.

To me, football is dead.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #74: Sep 21, 2015 07:53:35 am
      I watched the rugby the other night, Japan beating the South Africans, the feeling I had watching that is what I used to have watching football.

To me, football is dead.

I'd still prefer going the match and having a laugh with those that sit around me, than sit watch Rugby with a load of pissed up gobs***e toffs.

You only fall out of love with Liverpool for so long!

daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #75: Sep 21, 2015 11:54:57 am
      It's getting harder to watch as each game goes by. Things have to change regard's Brendan. Try giving Gary Mac first choice on picking the team for a while and see how he fair's out  using the same squad. Maybe he might play people in their proper position's 'cause Bren has lost the plot imo&as such is making this team just painful to watch.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #76: Sep 21, 2015 12:18:01 pm
      I tried to warn people about FSG, That they were not the "Knights In Shining Armour" that they seemed, but people were sick and tied of H&G by then that anyone else was a godsend, Yes the invested in the club, cleared debt. But Hey, that was good business, Meant no interest on loans, and meant that they could start making their profits sooner rather than later

For me, we are where we are going the be most of the season 8th-14th place, and for FSG that is fine,because there is the new TV deal money every year, and If we somehow find another Luis Suarez or Raheem Stirling then that's another £49m/£85m In the bank

In the mean time we get to watch passionless displays as we did against Man Utd....Here is a thought...Instead for buying in players why  not just play young academy players,Scousers? .... It at least we would see more fight and passion from them
      would also boost the profit margins for FSG too
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #77: Sep 21, 2015 03:20:46 pm
      No neutral fan would ever watch a LFC game nowadays. Its boring, painful and predictable. Only true fans would devote 90 minutes to watching us, and suffer before during and after.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #78: Sep 21, 2015 08:21:33 pm
      Will always watch, will always continue to try and find me a way to hop over the ocean to get to Anfield, but am increasingly afraid that I'll never get to experience the atmosphere the way it used to be, the way some of you talk about the glory days and the way it still should be. Pretty frustrated with what we are getting on the pitch but it is what it is, I'm hooked now and always will be.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #79: Sep 21, 2015 08:31:30 pm
      In fairness, I have stopped for a reason, there is no love here, whereas before I loved the idea that any grievance I used to have with the club could be shared, we are divided now, for the reasons I mentioned.

I noticed how quick people where to jump on this point, and how many dont support England, and yet during the Olympics here any bad word said was shot down in an instant!

Its all hypocrisy, and posts shooting down my "I dont support Liverpool anymore" give it credence to what I have said. Just read the Brendan Rodgers insults, just read the FSG insults, what it comes down to is money, shallow supporters, and todays game in general.

The Liverpool, indeed the game I used to know have changed a lot. There was a point in time when we, as supporters came first, both for the clubs and the league.

Now, we dont.

Take offence by all means, but I am sick and tired of being taken for a ride, which we all are.

I am done with our game, its all money. Its all bullshit.

When Rooney becomes Englands top scorer you know something is seriously wrong here in our game.

When players like Sterling holds a club to ransom, you know something is wrong.

So forgive me if I dont want to be a part of our once called "beautiful game", because now, its just ugly.

Unfortunately you're too right. I love football, but I hate what it's become. I yearn for it to "take a step back" to what makes the beautiful game just that. Nowadays, the only integrity in football seems to be in the lower divisions where the money simply doesn't exist. But saying all that, I'll never stop following Liverpool. It's been in my heart for so long that it is a part of me.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #80: Sep 21, 2015 10:06:55 pm
      I need some of these to remind me of when there was ambition at the club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8-UjwAu5kQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJi-U3BqbrQ
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #81: Sep 22, 2015 10:51:27 am
      As often quoted I have supported the Reds since 1962 when I was 10.
      They came up from the old Second Division and the rest is as they say history.

I have laughed and I have cried tears of joy and sadness.
      My support for this club has been constant .
      It is the very thread that has run through many of my own life's events.

I may have seen the writing on the wall .
      Why ?
      I dont know ... but if it was sixth sense it was only knowing what a Liverpool manager is and what a Liverpool manager is not.

In over 50 years I have never felt like this .

I have no words  ..... for once.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #82: Sep 22, 2015 11:42:38 am
      I tried to warn people about FSG, That they were not the "Knights In Shining Armour" that they seemed, but people were sick and tied of H&G by then that anyone else was a godsend, Yes the invested in the club, cleared debt. But Hey, that was good business, Meant no interest on loans, and meant that they could start making their profits sooner rather than later

For me, we are where we are going the be most of the season 8th-14th place, and for FSG that is fine,because there is the new TV deal money every year, and If we somehow find another Luis Suarez or Raheem Stirling then that's another £49m/£85m In the bank

In the mean time we get to watch passionless displays as we did against Man Utd....Here is a thought...Instead for buying in players why  not just play young academy players,Scousers? .... It at least we would see more fight and passion from them
      would also boost the profit margins for FSG too

Acc to Swiss Ramble blog, net debt on the club was 128m last yr. The same as under G&H.
      The sneaky trick was that Fenway took over in the October, when debt is naturally lower than later in the season. Thats one reason why it rose later on. They're also placing the new stand debt on the club. Ofcourse they never had any intention of keeping that debt separate. Or building a new ground.

All it needed was 60m or so player investment to cure the disease of G&H, back in 2010 when FSG took over. Instead every piece of top quality has been stripped from the club. Replaced with lower waged, lowed aged, "assets" to sell on at profit, but unable to contribute much more than F**k all to the team.

If these creeps had invested in the team, they'd have seen revenue return. But their greed is immense. They don't just want big sellon profits. They want to do it by spending F**k all as well. Ofcourse RBS financed the deal in much the same way as G&H financed on leverage (both on the club accounts AND further up the ownership chain).

Most people can see its a con trick of epic proportions. Sadly, there are still one or two who still parrot Snakeoil Salesmen v2.0
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #83: Sep 22, 2015 01:51:39 pm
      As often quoted I have supported the Reds since 1962 when I was 10.
      They came up from the old Second Division and the rest is as they say history.

I have laughed and I have cried tears of joy and sadness.
      My support for this club has been constant .
      It is the very thread that has run through many of my own life's events.

I may have seen the writing on the wall .
      Why ?
      I dont know ... but if it was sixth sense it was only knowing what a Liverpool manager is and what a Liverpool manager is not.

In over 50 years I have never felt like this .

I have no words  ..... for once.

the word your looking for is "Heartbroken".
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #84: Sep 22, 2015 02:08:05 pm
      I miss my cloob.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #85: Sep 22, 2015 02:23:37 pm
      Judging by the way I have been receiving texts off the club , I suspect there are going to be a few less watching on the coming weeks I do believe the fans have started voting .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #86: Sep 22, 2015 02:45:22 pm
      I'm just glad I've had other things to think about the last few weeks.

Quick Reply