Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Can
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      1 (1.1%)
      Sakho
      12 (12.9%)
      Clyne
      2 (2.2%)
      Milner
      2 (2.2%)
      Lucas
      3 (3.2%)
      Moreno
      46 (49.5%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.1%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Ings
      26 (28%)
      Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: Sep 23, 2015 05:58:35 pm

Liverpool 1:1 Norwich. In game & post match debate.

Read 35469 times
      RedrunstheColour
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Norwich
      Reply #391: Sep 20, 2015 06:01:05 pm
      You are Brendan's script writer and I claim my £10
      rumbled  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: Liverpool 1:1 Norwich. In game & post match debate.
      Reply #392: Sep 20, 2015 06:01:11 pm

Sorry to pull apart a great post, but this is the key point...

I haven't heard 'boo's' at Anfield for a long time, very long time to be honest. Seems the fans have began to turn on the Manager and Team - which for me is the end... Honestly, after today - should throw himself on the sword, but would you for £7Million..?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #393: Sep 20, 2015 06:01:12 pm
      Not Rodgers fault today blame the team, ducking only  Danny Ings any good.

Well that's a lie. There were a few good invididual performances today but too many attacking plays were breaking up at the hands of a minority.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #394: Sep 20, 2015 06:01:40 pm
      After a draw at home with Norwich, the notion of resting players for the Europa League which basically killed our chances of beating Bordeaux don't look very smart right now
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #395: Sep 20, 2015 06:01:41 pm
      Why not be like the SCUM ? Play sh*te and then nick 3 goals one of them offside f**k me, they are only 2 points behind City.

Scum will walk top 4. Will probably finish 2nd. And they are average.

Us on the other hand haven't a prayer of finishing top 4 under Rodgers. It's so F***ing obvious it's crazy. Yet our leeching owners are either too clueless to realise this or they just don't care as long as they are making money off our club.

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #396: Sep 20, 2015 06:01:48 pm
      Roddenberry

I could not see us winning, and you could not see us losing.... Guess we where both right on this occasion
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #397: Sep 20, 2015 06:02:11 pm
      Realistically how long do you think he has got from the owners?

The Derby, if we don't pick up a win against either Villa or The Bluenoses I think even they will call time.

He's gone evens in places to be the next manager sacked.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #398: Sep 20, 2015 06:02:40 pm
      Whoever decided that Milner should take corners needs to be sacked forthwith.
      luckylane
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #399: Sep 20, 2015 06:02:57 pm
      Genuinely fekked off...
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #400: Sep 20, 2015 06:03:09 pm
      . I'd have obviously got rid of him long ago but even the yanks must surely be twitching a little right now because we could realistically be sitting on 3 points right now if the officials had made the correct choices, scary times.
      This is the reality of the situation.if we had played really well and just been unlucky we could hang on to the fact the luck eventually does change but this is just on another level. Norwich at home should always be a guaranteed 3 points
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #401: Sep 20, 2015 06:03:54 pm
      The Derby, if we don't pick up a win against either Villa or The Bluenoses I think even they will call time.

He's gone evens in places to be the next manager sacked.

I think so too.

I'm getting desperate now and I'd call myself amongst his biggest advocates.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Norwich
      Reply #402: Sep 20, 2015 06:04:07 pm
      Most players were decent, but decent is not enough especially in final third.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #403: Sep 20, 2015 06:04:19 pm

Bullshit.

Not Rodgers fault he played 3 at the back and STILL conceded is it?

We are woeful and that's entirely Rodgers fault.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #404: Sep 20, 2015 06:04:49 pm
      Most players were decent, but decent is not enough especially in final third.

I think when you have such a turnover of players year in, year out and spend many millions of pounds decent simply does not cut it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #405: Sep 20, 2015 06:06:00 pm
      Whoever decided that Milner should take corners needs to be sacked forthwith.

We don't have any corner takers.

And don't say Cou cus he's sh*t at them too.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #406: Sep 20, 2015 06:06:14 pm

Brendan bought 12 out of the 14 players that played today mate I just wish someone had taught them how to play football first.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #407: Sep 20, 2015 06:07:08 pm
      Just waiting for new on sturridge, surely he must be injured ?

Not even depressed anymore we just need to get points where we can and hope we stay out of trouble, a team that cannot score goals or defend is in trouble in this league. Forget anything other than survival - I'm serious
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #408: Sep 20, 2015 06:07:37 pm
      absolutely no idea how anyone could say that was a bad performance - it felt like the first time we turned up to a game in what feels like months and months. didn't anyone else see how much better the tempo and the quality of passing and movement was?

with Sturridge as a focal point and a player of Bentekes quality growing into the team and starting alongside him for the first time, we had real direction, which surprise surprise, we have lacked since we last played Sturridge on the pitch. players like Clyne, Moreno and Coutinho had a quality forward to work off and it continued in the second half with Ings and glimpses from Firmino.

there was plenty to be happy about in that performance - don't be so simple minded and look at the 1-1 draw as 'same old' - I think it was a very positive sign, although I hope Benteke isn't going to miss any action with his niggle.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #409: Sep 20, 2015 06:07:47 pm
      Piss poor that. It's a F***ing joke that Mignolet is our keeper. Bloody hell Spurs have Lloris and Vorm we have Mignolet and Bogdan is anyone going to tell me that the Spuds pay higher wages than us? Rest of the team wasn't particularly special either.

Clyne - sh*te
      Skrtel - Anonymous which I guess is somewhat of a good thing.
      Sakho - Sakho (F***ing joke that Lovren was ahead of him in the pecking order)
      Moreno - Excellent (probably his best performance since Spurs away last season)
      Lucas - Kept the ball ticking over. Peach of a pass to Sturridge who should have scored.
      Emre - Not a bad performance but not particularly good either.
      Milner - Diarrhoea
      Coutinho - sh*te
      Lallana - sh*te
      Firmino - sh*te
      Benteke - Heskey (and not Leicester City Heskey, Aston Villa Heskey)
      Sturridge - Rusty as F**k.
      Ings - Took his goal well, kept their defenders busy and he called the linesman a stupid tw*t. Not a bad day at the office.

Brendan - Firmino for Lucas (how in the F***ing hell do you justify keeping Milner on the field after the steamy green turd of a performance he just served up) I'd say F**k off back to Swansea but they're probably out of his league now seeing as they've actually improved since he left.

Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #410: Sep 20, 2015 06:08:51 pm
      We are a team totally devoid of confidence. We do not ever play with a swagger. For me that is down to the manager. When he first came, some people were calling him the new Shankly. Sadly he is not even a very pale version! Shanks could make ordinary players believe they were World beaters, and they played like they were.
      If we cannot beat at Anfield, a Norwich team who were very ordinary on the day, then our chances of top 4 are very slim indeed!
      I think we all hoped that today the real Liverpool would show up, maybe that is as good as it gets!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #411: Sep 20, 2015 06:09:36 pm
      I beg to differ, it is by no coincidence that we created chances after chances and could only convert one. The fact of the matter is BR never had a game plan to pound the opposition defence in all the matches so far until now, preferring the slow and unproductive attack in previous games and when he is desperate now he threw many players forward into the box, many have not set foot inside the opposition box more than most probably 2 times in a game, let alone shooting with accuracy, that most probably explains most of the misses. It is only when we start to practice moving the ball around inside  the opposition box with some shooting practice in training then  our goal tally will increase. In conclusion, BR will still has to be responsible for all the misses in goal. What he did in training gets translated on match day.

It's somewhat sad that only in times of desperation that BR dares to be adventurous. It should have been the first game of the season.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #412: Sep 20, 2015 06:10:06 pm
      Boos said it all for me. Better performance than West Ham and United yes but still nowhere near good enough. I like what Alex Neill is doing at Norwich but they were really there for the taking today and we just didn't do enough.
      RedrunstheColour
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #413: Sep 20, 2015 06:10:33 pm
      Scum will walk top 4. Will probably finish 2nd. And they are average.

Us on the other hand haven't a prayer of finishing top 4 under Rodgers. It's so f**king obvious it's crazy. Yet our leeching owners are either too clueless to realise this or they just don't care as long as they are making money off our club.
      That comment makes no sense, no offence. They're aware that positive results make us a more attractive brand globally. The attendance figures in Asia would have been a wake up call if they needed one. Fans are not stupid and won't tolerate mediocrity. Brendan's probably gave them an excellent excuse for failure last season and accepted this. Getting shot of King Kenny showed they can be ruthless. They back the manager financially each season so I don't think their sole interest is just to asset strip. I'm sure they're watching closely. Knowing the passionate support their no doubt looking for him to resign once the fans turn. If results don't improve he'll be gone by the new year if not sooner.

Quick Reply