Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Can
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      1 (1.1%)
      Sakho
      12 (12.9%)
      Clyne
      2 (2.2%)
      Milner
      2 (2.2%)
      Lucas
      3 (3.2%)
      Moreno
      46 (49.5%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.1%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Ings
      26 (28%)
      Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: Sep 23, 2015 05:58:35 pm

Liverpool 1:1 Norwich. In game & post match debate.

Read 34763 times
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Re: Liverpool 1:1 Norwich. In game & post match debate.
      Reply #460: Sep 20, 2015 09:12:42 pm
      F*ck boos at the end. Or at any time. Not us. We're better than that. Yes we're struggling a bit, yes we've got issues. And it might not be a popular thing at the moment but I'm behind BR and I'm behind the team. I believe it will get better. Changing things now is not the answer. I love our anthem: YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE. Let's give our lads and our manager a reason to love it too, eh? It's easy to support a team when it wins every game.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #461: Sep 20, 2015 09:14:42 pm
      He's had one good game.  One.

Versus countless wretched games last season.

Let's see if he can string a couple together before we pull out the superlatives.

Sorry, point out my superlatives for him...

Oh it just pains you to have to admit he was our best player doesn't it. He was our best player today and given he has barely given any game time this season so far, he's entitled to get credit where it's due.

But then, I guess you'd rather we keep struggling by with a player there who is petrified of using his left foot.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #462: Sep 20, 2015 09:18:36 pm
      F*ck boos at the end. Or at any time. Not us. We're better than that. Yes we're struggling a bit, yes we've got issues. And it might not be a popular thing at the moment but I'm behind BR and I'm behind the team. I believe it will get better. Changing things now is not the answer. I love our anthem: YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE. Let's give our lads and our manager a reason to love it too, eh? It's easy to support a team when it wins every game.

Changing things now might not be the answer.

But changing the manager in the Summer was definitely the answer.

I think the fans who pay good money to watch us play every week and have to endure us becoming a mid table club have every right to boo if that's how they feel now.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #463: Sep 20, 2015 09:20:57 pm

Give them the support before and during the game, isn't it your right to air your view at the end of the match?

I've never had a problem with boos when they're justified, don't see the issue. We're customers at the end of the day, we have the right to complain if we're served sh*t.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #464: Sep 20, 2015 09:23:04 pm
      Changing things now might not be the answer.

But changing the manager in the Summer was definitely the answer.

I think the fans who pay good money to watch us play every week and have to endure us becoming a mid table club have every right to boo if that's how they feel now.

Sometimes I feel upset at fans booing but then I remind myself that these fans pay a f**king fortune to see just 90 minutes of a game these days. It's not like the old days when it was cheap to get into a game, some fans knew it was just part of the game that their team would not play well, and hey, they could alway go home and know their pay packet hadn't taken a blow anyhow.

But when fans pay such extortionate prices, it's only natural that you expect something back and then it is hard not to feel sympathy for them.

If a club is going to take a lot from you, it's only right that the fans have a louder voice.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #465: Sep 20, 2015 09:23:32 pm
      Give them the support before and during the game, isn't it your right to air your view at the end of the match?

I've never had a problem with boos when they're justified, don't see the issue. We're customers at the end of the day, we have the right to complain if we're served sh*t.

when you see the club being run into the ground I would think it isessential to BOO and make sure its heard over in Boston.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #466: Sep 20, 2015 09:26:12 pm
      when you see the club being run into the ground I would think it isessential to BOO and make sure its heard over in Boston.

Exactly Walt, the message has to be heard someway, how people choose to express it is up to them but they need to know we're not happy and we're not going to continue to support and fund their little investment. There's definitely a swell of support for stopping buy club merchandise, I think that would probably get the message across but it would have to be en masse.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #467: Sep 20, 2015 09:30:15 pm
      But then he made the subs, Norwich had just equalised, if Sturridge felt ok you could of possibly left him on a bit longer, keep the 2 up top and no f**king way should he have brought off Lucas. Would of sacrificed Milner (who in my opinion did f**k all) at least Lucas was winning challenges in midfield if he wanted to bring on Firmino.

All in all a poor performance again.

Any news on why Benteke came off at half-time, I'm thinking injury?

Yeah, Benteke had tightness in his hamstring. My guess is Sturridge was always going to come off regardless of the score. Which in itself is another problem of if you know Daniel can't go 90, why even start him? Just give him 30 off the bench for a few matches and then give him 60-70.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #468: Sep 20, 2015 09:33:00 pm
      I don't think that was a display to earn boos. Against Man Ure, yes, but we were a lot better tonight. A home draw against Norwich is dire only in a historical perspective. They're clearly much better these days, as are most teams. The PL is changing. Yes, we've got problems. But sacking Rodgers is not the answer. Not now, at least. Unless we want to embrace another two or three seasons of a new manager settling in while Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Man U forge ahead.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #469: Sep 20, 2015 09:35:57 pm
      A home draw against Norwich is dire only in a historical perspective. They're clearly much better these days, as are most teams.

Nonsense. When you spend 200 odd million in such a short space of time, you have no excuse for not beating the likes of Norwich at home, whether they are better these days or not. Historical perspectives don't even come into it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #470: Sep 20, 2015 09:36:07 pm
      I don't think that was a display to earn boos. Against Man Ure, yes, but we were a lot better tonight. A home draw against Norwich is dire only in a historical perspective. They're clearly much better these days, as are most teams. The PL is changing. Yes, we've got problems. But sacking Rodgers is not the answer. Not now, at least. Unless we want to embrace another two or three seasons of a new manager settling in while Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Man U forge ahead.

Do yourself a favour and look at his results for the past 12 months and then come back and say that Rodgers sacking will not improve things
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #471: Sep 20, 2015 09:36:48 pm

Ah ok, fair enough if you're basing it on performance level I understand your logic. I'd agree I wouldn't boo the performance but I think the boos now are just in judgement of Brendan, he's took us as low as he should be allowed.

If we don't manage to beat Villa I think the boos will be deafening.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #472: Sep 20, 2015 09:39:02 pm
      Seemingly threw away the chance of a much needed win today, listened to the game on the radio, one goal not enough, always likely to concede a goal one way or another.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #473: Sep 20, 2015 09:40:09 pm
      Definetly weren't as sh*t as we've been in recent weeks. Thought we did Ok just couldn't get that winner and should never have conceded that equalizer.

Was going to Vote for Moreno for MOTM but thought he tired in the last 15 minutes so gave it to the Beast Sakho.

Have to say it and I knew he wouldn't go the distance but thought once Sturridge came off, we looked toothless again. What a dynamic this lad adds to our side. Get fit soon Daniel.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #474: Sep 20, 2015 09:40:18 pm

I agree with your first sentence, not the rest sadly.

I have never booed at Anfield and never would. Booing doesn't help it only puts more pressure on players that are already struggling under its weight.

Twitter by all means, complain on forums and E-mail John Henry but leave booing for other teams.... we are Liverpool.

Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #475: Sep 20, 2015 09:40:35 pm
      Nonsense. When you spend 200 odd million in such a short space of time, you have no excuse for not beating the likes of Norwich at home, whether they are better these days or not. Historical perspectives don't even come into it.

Absolutely agree, money wise, but look at what West Ham did to City at the Etihad. There's no logic any more.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #476: Sep 20, 2015 09:41:10 pm
      Seemingly threw away the chance of a much needed win today, listened to the game on the radio, one goal not enough, always likely to concede a goal one way or another.

We do concede more than a goal per game so we need to score two or more and we simply haven't been able to do that for some time
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #477: Sep 20, 2015 09:43:34 pm
      Absolutely agree, money wise, but look at what West Ham did to City at the Etihad. There's no logic any more.

West Ham players are playing for the manager and the club the same with Leicester. 100% effort used to be guarantee'd and if that was by 11 talented footballers it usually meant success.We are just a shadow of who we used to be
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #478: Sep 20, 2015 09:47:43 pm
      I didn't see any lack of effort tonight.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #479: Sep 20, 2015 09:51:04 pm

I admire your faith, I honestly do but there comes a time when we really need to ask serious questions of not just the manager, but of the whole club in general.

We've been playing like this for a whole year now and I can't see any signs of progress.

Im getting to the stage where I think the owners want to save as much money as possible (by buying players like Bogdan and offering petty wages in comparison to rival clubs) don't bother forking out for mass compensation for a managerial overhaul, get the stadium renovation done and then run and take the money.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #480: Sep 20, 2015 09:51:56 pm

You must be easily pleased, what I saw today on offer at Anfield, was sh*te, in my opinion.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #481: Sep 20, 2015 09:54:33 pm

There wasn't, just a lack of managerial decision making... playing 3 at the back, taking off Lucas, not making like for like substitutions, should have been Origi for Sturridge, and Firmino for Milner pushing Can in to midfield.

So many many problems with Rodgers decision making every game.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #482: Sep 20, 2015 09:54:41 pm
      Well I know where we won't be come the end of the season.

In the top 4.

But that's ok since it's another "rebuilding" season according to Mr Rodgers.

You have no idea about that. If Mongolet doesn't make another mistake, or Coutinho takes his chance or passes the ball we win that game 2-1 on the back of not a decent, but better performance than we've seen in some time. I'm not saying it was perfect, not saying it was acceptable, just saying there were more positives than negatives in that match.

Quick Reply