Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Can
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      1 (1.1%)
      Sakho
      12 (12.9%)
      Clyne
      2 (2.2%)
      Milner
      2 (2.2%)
      Lucas
      3 (3.2%)
      Moreno
      46 (49.5%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.1%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Ings
      26 (28%)
      Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: Sep 23, 2015 05:58:35 pm

Liverpool 1:1 Norwich. In game & post match debate.

Read 34951 times
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Re: Liverpool 1:1 Norwich. In game & post match debate.
      Reply #483: Sep 20, 2015 09:56:26 pm
      I get that, honestly, but I don't see what the answer is. Sack the manager? Hello to another two/three seasons of change with no guarantees of improvement. Dump the board? Who comes in? FSG might not be ideal, but I'm just happy it's no longer those two clowns we had before. I'm not happy with the way things are, but no other team is blazing a trail. I just think we're looking at a PL evolution. We can't claim the higher ground just because of our history. We have to be cuter than that. I'm not saying that BR is the holy grail, but doing what everyone else does, ejecting managers left right and centre, that can't be the answer.
      Redwanderer
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #484: Sep 20, 2015 09:58:10 pm
      It was a better and more promising performance. But I have to ask, Liverpool c£350m investment v Norwich c£???? investment.

Money cannot buy a winning team, Mr Rodgers, and I respect Norwich and their manager for achieving PL football on limited resources.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #485: Sep 20, 2015 09:58:23 pm
      You must be easily pleased, what I saw today on offer at Anfield, was sh*te, in my opinion.

Bit harsh that mate. First half we could have been 2 or 3 goals up with better more confident finishing. We played very well in patches.

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but I don't think we were sh*te.... the result was sh*te... maybe the manager is sh*te but we weren't sh*te.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #486: Sep 20, 2015 09:59:55 pm
      I get that, honestly, but I don't see what the answer is. Sack the manager? Hello to another two/three seasons of change with no guarantees of improvement. Dump the board? Who comes in? FSG might not be ideal, but I'm just happy it's no longer those two clowns we had before. I'm not happy with the way things are, but no other team is blazing a trail. I just think we're looking at a PL evolution. We can't claim the higher ground just because of our history. We have to be cuter than that. I'm not saying that BR is the holy grail, but doing what everyone else does, ejecting managers left right and centre, that can't be the answer.

he has had 3 full season and into his 4th. the season 13/14 we had Suarez had a fit Sturridge up front since then it has been turgid football and excuses always excuses. Doing nothing is so wrong and cowardly
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #487: Sep 20, 2015 10:00:44 pm
      Bit harsh that mate. First half we could have been 2 or 3 goals up with better more confident finishing. We played very well in patches.

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but I don't think we were sh*te.... the result was sh*te... maybe the manager is sh*te but we weren't sh*te.

Agreed. We were sh*te against Man U, which is unacceptable. Tonight we had enough about us to win.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #488: Sep 20, 2015 10:02:56 pm
      Agreed. We were sh*te against Man U, which is unacceptable. Tonight we had enough about us to win.

But we didn't win its a catalogue of excuses and no points.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #489: Sep 20, 2015 10:03:26 pm
      You must be easily pleased, what I saw today on offer at Anfield, was sh*te, in my opinion.
      If your are talking about the crowd support I fully agree, was a freaking morgue from the sound of it on TV.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #490: Sep 20, 2015 10:03:39 pm
      Well, it's one point.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #491: Sep 20, 2015 10:04:26 pm
      It was a better and more promising performance. But I have to ask, Liverpool c£350m investment v Norwich c£???? investment.

Money cannot buy a winning team, Mr Rodgers, and I respect Norwich and their manager for achieving PL football on limited resources.

Make sure you include in that investment the players that we've lost, if you want to tell a full story, you have to include the ins and outs.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #492: Sep 20, 2015 10:04:30 pm
      You have no idea about that. If Mongolet doesn't make another mistake, or Coutinho takes his chance or passes the ball we win that game 2-1 on the back of not a decent, but better performance than we've seen in some time. I'm not saying it was perfect, not saying it was acceptable, just saying there were more positives than negatives in that match.

Yes there was a positive. We weren't utterly hapless like we were in the last two matches.

Come on we were playing Norwich at home, a team we have destroyed over the past few years.

I am all for positivity but if you think this team is finishing top 4 again under Rodgers you are deluding yourself.

He has spent £300 million on players in four seasons and we are turning more and more average by the season now he doesn't have Suarez to carry the team.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #493: Sep 20, 2015 10:07:28 pm
      City losing at home against West Ham – how much did they spend? Chelsea losing against... well, everyone... how much did they spend? The PL is changing. Managerial merry-go-round isn't going to be the answer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #494: Sep 20, 2015 10:08:59 pm
      City losing at home against West Ham – how much did they spend? Chelsea losing against... well, everyone... how much did they spend? The PL is changing. Managerial merry-go-round isn't going to be the answer.

Oh come off it the PL is not changing!

City, Chavs, Scum and Arsenal will all finish in the top 4 this season.

We will not.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #495: Sep 20, 2015 10:11:45 pm

15 pts in the last 16 games, so I Assume you would like to see us play in the Championship?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #496: Sep 20, 2015 10:12:11 pm

City battered West Ham. They just couldn't finish it off. It was one of those games. That's a completely different beast to us and our results.

Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #497: Sep 20, 2015 10:13:06 pm
      15 pts in the last 16 games, so I Assume you would like to see us play in the Championship?

Uh, yeah, I'd love that.

F*ck's sake. I'm off to bed. I suggest you do the same.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #498: Sep 20, 2015 10:14:32 pm

Nonsense, the top 4 is on the verge of becoming a complete 'lock-down', Chelsea and City will never drop out of it, Utd will never allow themselves to drop out of it again following the scare they had under Moyes and Arsenal are so far ahead of ourselves and Spurs that even if they lose the odd game they will still easily wrap up a top 4 position.

We fu**ed up after the title challenge, we were back in the CL then there was no need to continue with the policy of buying players that other clubs didn't fancy taking a punt on, we were in a position to attract players.

Instead we bought sh*te, fell out of the top 4 and are now even further back than when Brendan joined. Give me a logical reason to keep the man, rather than giving him time, for the sake of giving him time.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #499: Sep 20, 2015 10:15:27 pm

Hey, we used to win that old trophy on a regular basis!

Redwanderer
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #500: Sep 20, 2015 10:28:00 pm
      Make sure you include in that investment the players that we've lost, if you want to tell a full story, you have to include the ins and outs.

Fair point.

However, in mitigation, I would say that football operates in a very different and, some would say, insane business model to ordinary commercial operations. A player is an asset and if he can bring success then it is considered a good ROI (return on investment). Although 'net' with ins/outs balances the books the initial investment of £300m+ to bring in players would, in my view, be considered very poor returns considering out position.

Does anyone know the true 'net' investment by the way?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #501: Sep 20, 2015 10:31:06 pm
      Nonsense, the top 4 is on the verge of becoming a complete 'lock-down', Chelsea and City will never drop out of it, Utd will never allow themselves to drop out of it again following the scare they had under Moyes and Arsenal are so far ahead of ourselves and Spurs that even if they lose the odd game they will still easily wrap up a top 4 position.

We fu**ed up after the title challenge, we were back in the CL then there was no need to continue with the policy of buying players that other clubs didn't fancy taking a punt on, we were in a position to attract players.

Instead we bought sh*te, fell out of the top 4 and are now even further back than when Brendan joined. Give me a logical reason to keep the man, rather than giving him time, for the sake of giving him time.

Because we're six games in to the season after a Summer were the manager was backed, the backroom staff was changed and £70 million was spent, and changing managers this soon would absolutely do more harm than good without a major shake up of how the club operates and a clear plan on how to actually move forward because the current strategy, assuming we have one, is not working. If we're to change managers, we do it in the Summer, whilst FSG spends this season re-evaluating how they can take us forward because they're currently taking us backwards.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #502: Sep 20, 2015 10:33:25 pm
      Can't believe what I'm reading.

I was at the match today and let me tell you, we were sh*te. Yes, we were better than what we were against both West Ham and United so yes I suppose it was an improvement but we were still crap.

Our play was painfully slow. We were dreadful particularly in the middle of the park. I never thought we would break Norwich down with a neat move or with a pass. I actually thought they were the better footballing side when in possession too.

I'm gobsmacked with Moreno getting motm on here too. He didn't have a bad game don't get me wrong but he didn't have a particularly good one either. He is too wasteful going forward. Ings was motm by a country mile and he was only on the pitch for 45 mins!

Mignolet - absolute sh*te. Haven't seen the replay yet but he looked at fault for their goal from where I was. His distribution is awful. Doesn't command his box. Too slow getting the ball out. Can't kick. Doesn't bring any confidence to our back four. He's just sh*te. Get F***ing rid.

Skrtel, can, sakho - all did their jobs reasonably well. Looked pretty solid most of the game.

Clyne - poor IMO. Didn't get forward enough. Passed inside or backwards too much.

Moreno - did ok, defended well and got forward but wasteful in the final third at times. Had a good effort saved from their goalie.

Lucas - quiet. Didn't offer us much.

Milner - worst player on the pitch don't know what was wrong with him today, couldn't kick a ball straight.

Coutinho - few bits of great play as usual, wasteful at times too though. Should have made it 2-1, terrible terrible miss.

Sturridge - thought he did well considering he hasn't played in months. Lacked a bit of sharpness and a turn of pace at times which you would expect but he still had a decent game

Benteke - one or two bits of link up with Sturbridge but mostly isolated as usual. No service to him.

Subs. Ings - motm. Great goal, worked his socks off, battled. I'd start him every week if i was boss.

Lallana - did quite well too. Some nice link up play.

Firmino - wasnt on for long but also linked up well at times.

But overall it was a poor display. Just because we were better than what we were in our last two games doesn't make it a good performance. Norwich are F***ing sh*te, and we struggled against them. It was too slow, too predictable, we didn't have enough in our locker to break them down. I don't think any player in our 11 (apart from Ings) can say to themselves tonight 'yeah I had a proper F***ing go today but we were just unlucky', some of them simply didn't put enough effort in to win that game

I said to my mate at half time as well, I bet Brendan is in the changies now saying 'well done boys keep it up you're playing really well' instead of being like F***ing get out there right now for fucks sake and beat this pile of sh*te and getting them rallied up and up for it a bit more

Last thing to say which is nothing new, the atmosphere was yet again shocking. It's so bad.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #503: Sep 20, 2015 10:42:53 pm
      Can't believe what I'm reading.

I was at the match today and let me tell you, we were sh*te. Yes, we were better than what we were against both West Ham and United so yes I suppose it was an improvement but we were still crap.

Our play was painfully slow. We were dreadful particularly in the middle of the park. I never thought we would break Norwich down with a neat move or with a pass. I actually thought they were the better footballing side when in possession too.

I'm gobsmacked with Moreno getting motm on here too. He didn't have a bad game don't get me wrong but he didn't have a particularly good one either. He is too wasteful going forward. Ings was motm by a country mile and he was only on the pitch for 45 mins!

Mignolet - absolute sh*te. Haven't seen the replay yet but he looked at fault for their goal from where I was. His distribution is awful. Doesn't command his box. Too slow getting the ball out. Can't kick. Doesn't bring any confidence to our back four. He's just sh*te. Get f**king rid.

Skrtel, can, sakho - all did their jobs reasonably well. Looked pretty solid most of the game.

Clyne - poor IMO. Didn't get forward enough. Passed inside or backwards too much.

Moreno - did ok, defended well and got forward but wasteful in the final third at times. Had a good effort saved from their goalie.

Lucas - quiet. Didn't offer us much.

Milner - worst player on the pitch don't know what was wrong with him today, couldn't kick a ball straight.

Coutinho - few bits of great play as usual, wasteful at times too though. Should have made it 2-1, terrible terrible miss.

Sturridge - thought he did well considering he hasn't played in months. Lacked a bit of sharpness and a turn of pace at times which you would expect but he still had a decent game

Benteke - one or two bits of link up with Sturbridge but mostly isolated as usual. No service to him.

Subs. Ings - motm. Great goal, worked his socks off, battled. I'd start him every week if i was boss.

Lallana - did quite well too. Some nice link up play.

Firmino - wasnt on for long but also linked up well at times.

But overall it was a poor display. Just because we were better than what we were in our last two games doesn't make it a good performance. Norwich are f**king sh*te, and we struggled against them. It was too slow, too predictable, we didn't have enough in our locker to break them down. I don't think any player in our 11 (apart from Ings) can say to themselves tonight 'yeah I had a proper f**king go today but we were just unlucky', some of them simply didn't put enough effort in to win that game

I said to my mate at half time as well, I bet Brendan is in the changies now saying 'well done boys keep it up you're playing really well' instead of being like f**king get out there right now for fucks sake and beat this pile of sh*te and getting them rallied up and up for it a bit more

Last thing to say which is nothing new, the atmosphere was yet again shocking. It's so bad.

Ouch! Only watched a stream. Thought the performance was better (not hard as we've been dire), but obviously not great. Was disappointed with Coutinho again, as I was with his performance on Thursday. Was glad to see Sakho in place of Lovren and obviously to see Studge back. But Ings deserves a place week in, week out. Hard working, in the right positions and generally making himself a nuisance to the opposite team.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4906 
      Reply #504: Sep 20, 2015 10:56:26 pm
      Missed the game.

Result doesn't surprise me.

I said before hand that Brendan needed a convincing win just to even tread water but I had a bad feeling we wouldn't get that as we always need more than 1 goal these days to even have a chance of winning a football match and we haven't done that since the May 2nd against a QPR side already relegated.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #505: Sep 20, 2015 11:01:51 pm
      The players in this squad are capable of putting on terrific performances and beating any team in this division. Just not with the current manager. Big changes are needed and soon if we are to salvage anything from this season.

Quick Reply