Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Can
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      1 (1.1%)
      Sakho
      12 (12.9%)
      Clyne
      2 (2.2%)
      Milner
      2 (2.2%)
      Lucas
      3 (3.2%)
      Moreno
      46 (49.5%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.1%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Ings
      26 (28%)
      Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: Sep 23, 2015 05:58:35 pm

Liverpool 1:1 Norwich. In game & post match debate.

Read 35036 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Liverpool 1:1 Norwich. In game & post match debate.
      Reply #437: Sep 20, 2015 07:38:56 pm
      Am I right to feel aggrieved at the lack of interaction from the owners? I'd like to know where we're going, what we are going to do about it and what strategy they have to combat this seemingly terminal decline.

However, I suspect they are none the wiser as to what is going on themselves. If press reports were led to be believed, FSG are split down the middle on Rodgers - whether it's managerial options or not, I suspect they are split down the middle on various factors in the running of the club and that rot has extended on to the pitch.

In sum, I don't think they have a f**king clue.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #438: Sep 20, 2015 07:50:03 pm
      Am I right to feel aggrieved at the lack of interaction from the owners? I'd like to know where we're going, what we are going to do about it and what strategy they have to combat this seemingly terminal decline.

However, I suspect they are none the wiser as to what is going on themselves. If press reports were led to be believed, FSG are split down the middle on Rodgers - whether it's managerial options or not, I suspect they are split down the middle on various factors in the running of the club and that rot has extended on to the pitch.

We're four points off fourth place for crying out loud. We have Coutinho back from suspension and Strurridge back from injury and still have Hendo to return as well. Why in the world would they comment on anything, never mind fire Rodgers? There is plenty to be positive still. Do you seriously think West Ham and Leicester will be were they are come the end of the season? Do you think Chelsea will be bottom half? There is plenty to play for this season and still plenty of games to achieve something in. Let's try be positive once in a while, eh?
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #439: Sep 20, 2015 07:54:38 pm
      Apparently, Rodgers said when asked about 2 points from 12,that it's an exciting challenge, and we're rebuilding here, bringing new players in, adapting to the Club!
      Now if he did say that, then I'm gobsmacked, and he just needs to go. How in hell, can we be rebuilding again, he's been in the job 4 years, you'd think he'd been here months.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #440: Sep 20, 2015 07:56:15 pm

You know what fella I'd be happier if I thought they didn't have a clue, I actually think they know exactly what they're doing. Stringing us along on the cheap as long as they can.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #441: Sep 20, 2015 07:59:27 pm
      You know what fella I'd be happier if I thought they didn't have a clue, I actually think they know exactly what they're doing. Stringing us along on the cheap as long as they can.

Ain't Rick Parry advising them or was that just on the Dubai trip?.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #442: Sep 20, 2015 07:59:47 pm
      We're four points off fourth place for crying out loud. We have Coutinho back from suspension and Strurridge back from injury and still have Hendo to return as well. Why in the world would they comment on anything, never mind fire Rodgers? There is plenty to be positive still. Do you seriously think West Ham and Leicester will be were they are come the end of the season? Do you think Chelsea will be bottom half? There is plenty to play for this season and still plenty of games to achieve something in. Let's try be positive once in a while, eh?

Well I know where we won't be come the end of the season.

In the top 4.

But that's ok since it's another "rebuilding" season according to Mr Rodgers.
      Nattruered
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #443: Sep 20, 2015 08:02:28 pm
      We lack the drive and passion. Each game there is no good feeling. I am 41 yrs old and against united I have not watched a tamer derby, no grit no passion. Gerrard is still the heart of LFC and we have lost that. There is no urgency and passion and I do not recognize the team anymore. And to all of you who are backing BR today, this is not about today's match its been coming a while. BR has had plenty of money and back up and we are worse then we began. Markovic flop, Lambert flop, he bought firmino and oringi and hardly plays them. Nah sorry BR times up. This is the mighty LFC not Swansea !!!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #444: Sep 20, 2015 08:02:37 pm

Yeah I mean it's only what:

Played 15
      Won 4
      Drawn 4
      Loss 7
      Points 16

I mean what's to worry about, with that kind of form we're likely to just scrape clear of relegation.
      (last 15 premier league results)
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,544 posts | 243 
      Reply #445: Sep 20, 2015 08:03:02 pm
      Ok so a slightly improved performance (would be bloody hard not to be !) but not good enough 4 points and 2 goals from 3 home games add to that 2 promoted sides and West Ham, next up Villa if we don't win that it's major panic stations that's relegation standard. I don't care how much transition time is acceptable it's bloody nearly run out from my point of view
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #446: Sep 20, 2015 08:05:32 pm
      Ain't Rick Parry advising them or was that just on the Dubai trip?.

Not a clue mate.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #447: Sep 20, 2015 08:13:16 pm

Don't feel aggrieved, of the owners that have always been gabbing, wasn't positive, on or off the pitch.  Whelan, Levy and Kenwright makes it sound like he's running a failing business.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #448: Sep 20, 2015 08:20:08 pm

that was Nov 2014 I believe not relevant now
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #449: Sep 20, 2015 08:21:04 pm

So basically Mike Ashley with cowboy hats.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #450: Sep 20, 2015 08:26:56 pm
      I suppose in the context of how we have been playing that was a better performance but a sh*t result at home to the mighty Canaries.

I thought Coutinho overall was shocking in his decision making, he has to bury the 1v1 or lay it on a plate to Ings.

I have no idea what Milner offers as a CM in fact I would rather we played with 10 men.

Migs is a huge liability but I suppose we all know this, don't know why we did not upgrade in the summer.

Great to see Sturridge getting some game time but you could see how rust he was, a fit Sturrudge would bury the chance he had when Moreno set him up.

Moreno rightfully MOTM, only others coming out with any credit was Sakho and Lucas.

I suppose at least we didn't lose.  :-\
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #451: Sep 20, 2015 08:32:37 pm
      Sorry fella but Rodgers got it right today! Some people are just too desperate to blame Brendan on everything, but today he did what needed done, Sakho and Moreno on, 2 up top, Lovren dropped, Positive subs!
      We should have made more of our attacks, and Migs is a liability at times, that's why we didn't win.

But then he made the subs, Norwich had just equalised, if Sturridge felt ok you could of possibly left him on a bit longer, keep the 2 up top and no F***ing way should he have brought off Lucas. Would of sacrificed Milner (who in my opinion did F**k all) at least Lucas was winning challenges in midfield if he wanted to bring on Firmino.

All in all a poor performance again.

Any news on why Benteke came off at half-time, I'm thinking injury?

harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #452: Sep 20, 2015 08:38:23 pm
      Had to record the game, so I just finished watching.  Some good and some bad from today, so I've decided to do a "Winners and Losers" post:

Winners

Studge - It wasn't a great performance from him, but after spending most of the last 12 months on the sideline it will be a massive boost for him to put 60 minutes under his belt!!

Moreno - Was a monster for us down the left flank and surely has played his way back into the best 11 moving forward.

Ings - Quick, tricky, and direct. He was lively and took his chance well.

Can - Was assured and confident in both roles he played. He did have some misplaced passes, but his ability to drive forward and power past defenders is reminiscent of a young Stevie.

Lucas - Solid and dependable. Didn't put a foot wrong and his presence helped cover for others mistakes at times.

Losers

Brendan - If the formation change seemed a rather desperate attempt to save his job, the decision to play Studge from the start was wreckless. We need Danny fit for the rest of the season and he needs to be handled with kid gloves while he gets up to full fitness. Oh, and dropping more points at home to opposition of this level is not acceptable for Liverpool.

Benteke - Didn't really do anything wrong, but didn't really impress either. The injury could open the door for Ings to get some chances.

Milner - Poor touches, misplaced passes, and a couple of dodgy appeals for a foul/pen summed up a disappointing day for James.

Mignolet - A couple top class saves don't cover up for his poor punch which led to the equalizer.  His distribution was also poor again.
      « Last Edit: Sep 20, 2015 11:35:35 pm by harrydunn08 »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #453: Sep 20, 2015 08:48:08 pm
      New keeper in January please. Can't be having Migs anymore. Too many times he's cost us points to be forgiven. Good shot stopper or not the rest of his game is not up to scratch. Exactly the same as Dudek, just not good enough.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,334 posts | 6386 
      Reply #454: Sep 20, 2015 08:52:04 pm
      Just watched my recording as I missed the live match.

This was so freaking frustrating. Here are my observations/questions:

1) Lucas was outstanding, broke up so much play and protected the defense while he was on, never felt we were in danger while he was on.
      2) Sakho was outstanding, only saw maybe one poor play/pass from him, but otherwise there's absolutely no reason that Lovren should ever start ahead of Sakho barring injury.
      3) Moreno really responded with his start, I thought he played very well and really was our most threatening offensive player for the most part.
      4) Coutinho? WTF? Trying too hard maybe but really when he gets as many looks as he had today, he has to bury at least one of them, especially the one on one with the keeper
      5) Sturridge looked ok, but rusty as expected. Made it out injury free, he'll only get better
      6) Benteke...hoepfully not an injury issue but they said that he had a slight hamstring concern...didn't really trouble them but did look like he and Sturridge could work well with each other but only if we play through the middle more, playing wide with Sturridge and Benteke doesn't appear to offer us much.
      7) WTF did Brendan take off Lucas instead of Milner? Other than the assist, I thought Milner was basically terrible today. Lost the ball too much, too many misplaced passes and he can't take a corner to save his life. Firmino should have been starting ahead of Milner and should be going forward in this formation.
      8) Danny Ings...I'm liking him, he needs to play more often as a compliment. I loved his effort and loved how he wasn't taking any crap from anyone including the stupid officials.
      9) Lallana and Firmino looked good coming on and really had they been on earlier I feel like we might have gotten more. Play Firmino centrally and more forward and watch good things happen, he's talented.
      10) Mignolet???? Can we trade him straight up for Ruddy?
      11) Clyne is so solid you almost forget about him which is good, nothing exceptional, but you never worry about him, he just does his job, well.
      12) Skrtel....eh....he was ok, but I think he benefits from the back three and also from Sakho and Can doing so well to play the ball.
      13) Can is hot and cold for me, some moments he looks unstoppable, some moments he looks brain dead, I will say when he marauded through the middle we looked a lot more dangerous.

Overall I can't believe we didn't win that game. Defensively I thought we were good if not very good offensively I just don't understand how we were able to squander possession and so many opportunites.

Brendan remains on the hot seat until he can figure out how to get these creative players scoring goals.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #455: Sep 20, 2015 08:53:01 pm
      Lack of shooting practice, lack of pace and tempo, poor defending, poof goalkeeping ?

Can't blame BR for today ! No ?
      Well perhaps it's all something to do with the lack of trust he has in players.
      Sturridge almost fit and goes straight in with Ben. 2 up top.
      So if that's his preferred tactic, why have Ings and origi been on the bench while we played 1 up top.
      Ings must regret his move due to lack of footy, and BR's obvious lack of belief in him.
      He gets his chance to play his preferred role, with a partner, looks good, causes the opposition problems, and scores a decent goal.
      Our keeper makes a mistake and gifts Norwich a goal. Right that calls for us to take a striker off and replace him with z midfielder.
      If Sturridge was knackered, how was he not replaced with a striker to keep the pressure on them !
      Settle for a draw, even play for a draw, against Norwich, at ANFIELD!

It seems Brendan is scared of losing to the extent, he abandons the chance of winning, even when we have a side on the rack, apart from a keeper error.
      Sorry, but even when you create numerous chances and fail to score them, you don't go negative with 1 up top. You pile even more pressure on the opposition until you get your just rewards.
      Fear,  cowardice, lack of belief, whatever you want to call it,
      It transfers to the players.
      Only one responsible for that is Brendan !

Would any of you look to a replacement with a similar record this season.
      Poor tactics, poor player selection, poor motivation, players out of position,  dour insipid football, but a decent 45 mins against Arsenal, and we played better, and SHOULD have beaten Norwich .
      Yyyyep ! That's our man, sign him up for the next 4 years.
      There's positive signs there!
      F**k right off, he has to go.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #456: Sep 20, 2015 08:54:37 pm
      So basically Mike Ashley with cowboy hats.

Not a bad description that!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #457: Sep 20, 2015 08:56:51 pm
      We were definitely better today than we have been recently but Norwich had nothing.  We should have beaten them convincingly.  I wasn't a boo boy at the end of the game but plenty did - I was surprised actually.

Norwich, West Ham and Bournemouth at home and we were lucky to get a win over Bournemouth.

Mignolet is comedy.  Norwich keeper caught every cross - Norwich's first serious corner and Mignolet punches it about 3 yards in front of him and then they score. 

As for Firmino's arrival - not promising.

Ings took his goal brilliantly and it was great to see Sturridge back. 

My concern is that bar Jordan Henderson that was probably our best XI out there today and we didn't look worth £200M more than Norwich.

Just a matter of time before the manager gets replaced in my opinion - lost the majority of the fans.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #458: Sep 20, 2015 08:58:09 pm
      New keeper in January please. Can't be having Migs anymore. Too many times he's cost us points to be forgiven. Good shot stopper or not the rest of his game is not up to scratch. Exactly the same as Dudek, just not good enough.

The lad Danny Ward is doing a fine job at Aberdeen.

Yeah okay, Scottish league players have a shot on them weaker than Stephen Hawking taking a penalty but we're getting desperate in the goalkeeping stakes when considering our number two Bogdan is, well, a number two (don't be offended Scots, I myself am one and the SPL is an embarrassment).
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #459: Sep 20, 2015 09:11:19 pm
      Just watched my recording as I missed the live match.

This was so freaking frustrating. Here are my observations/questions:

1) Lucas was outstanding, broke up so much play and protected the defense while he was on, never felt we were in danger while he was on.
      2) Sakho was outstanding, only saw maybe one poor play/pass from him, but otherwise there's absolutely no reason that Lovren should ever start ahead of Sakho barring injury.
      3) Moreno really responded with his start, I thought he played very well and really was our most threatening offensive player for the most part.
      4) Coutinho? WTF? Trying too hard maybe but really when he gets as many looks as he had today, he has to bury at least one of them, especially the one on one with the keeper
      5) Sturridge looked ok, but rusty as expected. Made it out injury free, he'll only get better
      6) Benteke...hoepfully not an injury issue but they said that he had a slight hamstring concern...didn't really trouble them but did look like he and Sturridge could work well with each other but only if we play through the middle more, playing wide with Sturridge and Benteke doesn't appear to offer us much.
      7) WTF did Brendan take off Lucas instead of Milner? Other than the assist, I thought Milner was basically terrible today. Lost the ball too much, too many misplaced passes and he can't take a corner to save his life. Firmino should have been starting ahead of Milner and should be going forward in this formation.
      8) Danny Ings...I'm liking him, he needs to play more often as a compliment. I loved his effort and loved how he wasn't taking any crap from anyone including the stupid officials.
      9) Lallana and Firmino looked good coming on and really had they been on earlier I feel like we might have gotten more. Play Firmino centrally and more forward and watch good things happen, he's talented.
      10) Mignolet???? Can we trade him straight up for Ruddy?
      11) Clyne is so solid you almost forget about him which is good, nothing exceptional, but you never worry about him, he just does his job, well.
      12) Skrtel....eh....he was ok, but I think he benefits from the back three and also from Sakho and Can doing so well to play the ball.
      13) Can is hot and cold for me, some moments he looks unstoppable, some moments he looks brain dead, I will say when he marauded through the middle we looked a lot more dangerous.

Overall I can't believe we didn't win that game. Defensively I thought we were good if not very good offensively I just don't understand how we were able to squander possession and so many opportunites.

Brendan remains on the hot seat until he can figure out how to get these creative players scoring goals.

It wasn't Milner but Moreno with the assist mate.

Defensively the problem too often is one or two shots on goal = one or two goals against. Whilst we can't score at the moment even when we create great opportunities.

I thought we were much better today. We had some great spells during the game when we looked really good. Obviously the confidence and the consistency aren't quite there yet and we give the ball away far to easily at times, but there were signs of better to come, I think Brendan may have to go first though. 

Quick Reply