Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Adam Bogdan
      47 (61.8%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (2.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1.3%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (1.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.3%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.3%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (1.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (2.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      19 (25%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: Sep 26, 2015 10:53:11 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Carlisle AET (3-2 on pens): In game and Post Match WTF was that?

Read 68064 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Carlisle AET (3-2 on pens): In game and Post Match WTF was that?
      Reply #897: Sep 23, 2015 11:45:44 pm
      It make brendan's position here even more strange when he isnt even on a par with Roy

Also the difference is Hodge was here for about 6 months.

Brendan is now in his fourth season.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Carlisle AET (3-2 on pens): In game and Post Match WTF was that?
      Reply #898: Sep 23, 2015 11:46:18 pm
      Is it wrong I feel relieved to see Lovren being taken off on a stretcher?

Yes.

Well no, not for you only a tw*t would feel relieved at one of our players being stretchered off seriously injured.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #899: Sep 23, 2015 11:46:57 pm
      Andy Kelly ‏@AndyK_LivNews 22m22 minutes ago

Curle; we concede goals for fun in the league but we come to Anfield and only let one in. #LFC

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #900: Sep 23, 2015 11:47:31 pm
      Andy Kelly ‏@AndyK_LivNews 22m22 minutes ago

Curle; we concede goals for fun in the league but we come to Anfield and only let one in. #LFC

We're a joke.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #901: Sep 23, 2015 11:51:10 pm
      Yes.

Well no, not for you only a tw*t would feel relieved at one of our players being stretchered off seriously injured.

Really can't believe how serious people are taking that comment.

Pinch of salt required. Maybe if I had put an emoticon face thing then people wouldn't have taken the comment to heart. Was a tongue in cheek comment because then he couldn't be at fault for a goal, nothing meant by it so those people upset by it can start untwisting their knickers.

I wouldn't wish a serious injury on him but at the same time I'm not going to lose any sleep over it or suddenly think it's going to hamper our season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #902: Sep 23, 2015 11:51:22 pm
      Just seen their goal.

Lovren and Skrtel.

What the absolute F**k.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #903: Sep 23, 2015 11:52:38 pm
      3 games unbeaten. Crisis, what crisis?

4 of the last 5 first round opponents for us in the League Cup have have gone to extra time. 2 of them have gone to penalties. Not a great advert for the policy of rotation in these games. We still think we'll beat them easily every year. Then the game begins.

Football games are 11 v 11 over 90 minutes. All it takes is one mistake in a cup and it's going home time. So play the best players you have, get the game won, ask questions later.

this one was 120 mins
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #904: Sep 23, 2015 11:53:00 pm
      3 games unbeaten. Crisis, what crisis?

4 of the last 5 first round opponents for us in the League Cup have have gone to extra time. 2 of them have gone to penalties. Not a great advert for the policy of rotation in these games. We still think we'll beat them easily every year. Then the game begins.

Football games are 11 v 11 over 90 minutes. All it takes is one mistake in a cup and it's going home time. So play the best players you have, get the game won, ask questions later.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #905: Sep 23, 2015 11:55:56 pm
      Lets just take all this with a sense of humour, I know it's difficult and Liverpool fans haven
      Yes we are and we'd do it to others, we are really sh*t, don't lets disgrace ourselves further by denying the truth, we are ridiculous.
      It hurts me to admit it and to witness people on here who have to see this sh*t but it's the truth as is. We are very sh*t.
      jonny961
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #906: Sep 23, 2015 11:57:01 pm
      I think it's pretty clear to see that the players don't trust the guy and I don't think it is possible to slump any lower. If JH has any sense or humility about him he will cut ties with Brendan as soon as possible, and get a manager who has experience with top class clubs. We have lost the whole spine of our team, mignolet doesn't command a box, he can't decide who to pair at the back, Henderson is injured, sturridge is injury prone and looks like benteke is going same way. Overall Rodgers is completely useless and enjoys wasting money.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #907: Sep 24, 2015 12:00:56 am
      the Silence coming outof Anfield is very telling, At least they should show a UTD front.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #908: Sep 24, 2015 12:04:56 am
      Nope no interviews from Anfield make of that what you will.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #909: Sep 24, 2015 12:06:10 am

FSG on the phone..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #910: Sep 24, 2015 12:07:22 am

What do you mean by no interviews Walt?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #911: Sep 24, 2015 12:08:04 am

Good, I'm glad. Sick of seeing/hearing his dreadful press conferences.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #912: Sep 24, 2015 12:10:33 am
      What do you mean by no interviews Walt?

nothing on Sky nothing on channel 5 nothing on the internet its like a blackout
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #913: Sep 24, 2015 12:11:13 am
      McAllister:

“Like everybody, we’re delighted to be through to the next round,” he said.

“It’s a good night in the fact we are through to the next round. We want to perform better. It will get better. We are working away hard at it in training and we will persevere.

“We’ve shown a bit of character. Delighted for Adam Bogdan to make the saves to get us through. Maybe this is just one of these things which can pull us together as we look forward to the weekend.”

“Dejan landed awkwardly,” said McAllister. “It didn’t look too good as he was stretchered off, but fingers crossed I don’t think it’s as bad as it looked.

“Like Dejan, Roberto landed badly. It was just a ball he went up for, Landed on the base of his spine. He seemed fine.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers-delighted-6504066#ICID=sharebar_twitter
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #914: Sep 24, 2015 12:13:55 am
      We’ve shown a bit of character.

Thats more like the Brendan speak, its obviously infective.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #915: Sep 24, 2015 12:16:24 am
      Thats more like the Brendan speak, its obviously infective.

I posted something a little less polite (decided to delete it).
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #916: Sep 24, 2015 12:21:52 am
      Sounds like i missed a cracking game then...
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #917: Sep 24, 2015 12:28:06 am
      Didn't see the game, internet being a bollocks in my area at the moment. Heard Lovren picked up an injury. Don't wish harm on him, hope he recovers but I'm relieved I'll not be seeing him in a Liverpool shirt hopefully ever again, regardless of recovery time.

Any other lowlights from the match? What was the actual formation?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #918: Sep 24, 2015 12:38:02 am
      Any other lowlights from the match? What was the actual formation?

3-4-1-2 I'd say. Although it may have been more Christmas Tree until Origi replaced Firmino.

First 15 minutes Carlisle were like rabbits in the headlights although most of our attempts were half chances.

Then we got the goal from them giving the ball away, and then we just decided to have loads of 30 yard shots that went all over the shop.

Didn't look like a Premier League team v a team that almost went into the Conference let's put it that way.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #919: Sep 24, 2015 01:09:01 am
      3-4-1-2 I'd say. Although it may have been more Christmas Tree until Origi replaced Firmino.

First 15 minutes Carlisle were like rabbits in the headlights although most of our attempts were half chances.

Then we got the goal from them giving the ball away, and then we just decided to have loads of 30 yard shots that went all over the shop.

Didn't look like a Premier League team v a team that almost went into the Conference let's put it that way.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

oh, boy. 

Next

ynwa

Quick Reply