Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Adam Bogdan
      47 (61.8%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (2.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1.3%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (1.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.3%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.3%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (1.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (2.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      19 (25%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: Sep 26, 2015 10:53:11 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Carlisle AET (3-2 on pens): In game and Post Match WTF was that?

Read 68048 times
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Carlisle AET (3-2 on pens): In game and Post Match WTF was that?
      Reply #920: Sep 24, 2015 02:59:54 am
      Nope no interviews from Anfield make of that what you will.

But BR doesn't do League Cup stuff does he, wasn't it Colin Pascoe last season and now Gary Mac? being a bit hysterical before looking up the facts perhaps mate?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Carlisle AET (3-2 on pens): In game and Post Match WTF was that?
      Reply #921: Sep 24, 2015 04:34:14 am
      Didn't watch the game as it was not being broadcasted and stream doesn't work on my phone.

Genuinely shocked to see that it took penalties to defeat them at Anfield.Seeing a few posts on rededit and some of their fans were saying that they have the worst defence and have conceded 17 goals(Most in all leagues in England).

Should have scored atleast 3 against them.I would prefer not to bad mouth Rodgers or anyone and i hope things change soon(Manager to be precise) so that we can enjoy watching our team again.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #922: Sep 24, 2015 04:48:07 am
      Fact is we do actually have a squad of good players and in amongst that we have a few very good ones.

So now we look at our performances and results.

Awful.

Fact again, Rodgers has to accept responsibility for this.

Give him time?
      Ur? Nope. He has had plenty and has by and large  created a squad that he wanted.

We are no better off than the last season.

Time is up. He has to go.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #923: Sep 24, 2015 07:08:22 am
      Rodgers out
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #924: Sep 24, 2015 07:33:20 am
      I dunno how we even managed to get any wins this season! Pure luck the games we did manage.The games we drew we were under pressure too just done enough. Gonna be hard to find the right manager mad enough to put his credentials on the line for this team because confidence is rock bottom
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #925: Sep 24, 2015 07:34:19 am

I like your style.  Short, to the point.  Original.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #926: Sep 24, 2015 07:35:45 am
      sooooooo how does the prediction league calculate the Carlisle match?  if we predicted that we would win, do we get points for that, even though officially it was 1-1?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #927: Sep 24, 2015 08:00:25 am
      3-4-1-2 I'd say. Although it may have been more Christmas Tree until Origi replaced Firmino.

First 15 minutes Carlisle were like rabbits in the headlights although most of our attempts were half chances.

Then we got the goal from them giving the ball away, and then we just decided to have loads of 30 yard shots that went all over the shop.

Didn't look like a Premier League team v a team that almost went into the Conference let's put it that way.

Sounds horrible. Hope Firmino is ok.

That's another new formation in the books too.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #928: Sep 24, 2015 08:19:27 am
      I saw the Aspas goals just     mind blowing
      Aspas obviuosly has something as he showed in pre season the idea of people judging him on his performances after may now look at how he was managed or the fact he did not learn the lingo another player who has not done it under our present manager
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #929: Sep 24, 2015 08:41:44 am
      OK we should have won easy, 50 shots, only 16 hit target and scored only 1.

But again we have been hit by injuries, Firmino & Lovren at the end.

Even if BR is sacked, the new manager will still have the same Injury worries.

And btw. we have been knocked out drawn with lower league teams many many times in the cups, just like all big clubs, its the nature of the beast.

We are playing crap just now, no getting away from it, but we have escaped a massive upset.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #930: Sep 24, 2015 08:45:08 am
      HAAAH, just saw we qualified for the next round! After the 90 minute whistle I immediately shut down my computer, disappointed with the result thinking we had to play a replay at their ground. Apparently we played an extra 30 mins + penalties... :)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #931: Sep 24, 2015 08:55:25 am
      OK we should have won easy, 50 shots, only 16 hit target and scored only 1.

But again we have been hit by injuries, Firmino & Lovren at the end.

Even if BR is sacked, the new manager will still have the same Injury worries.

And btw. we have been knocked out drawn with lower league teams many many times in the cups, just like all big clubs, its the nature of the beast.

We are playing crap just now, no getting away from it, but we have escaped a massive upset.

50 Shots, let's subtract the defenders efforts, efforts that were unrealistic and that leaves about 20.

Then subtract Coutinho's and you're probably down to 1 or 2.

So disappointed with Coutinho but it came out in the post match how players were "asked to take responsibility" when the message they actually got across was shoot on sight, something will go in. Another example of poor coaching in my opinion.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #932: Sep 24, 2015 09:02:11 am
      When our international players like Milner and Lallana cant dominate against a League 2 team...................I give up
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #933: Sep 24, 2015 09:25:22 am
      has the character of the players been shown to be weak. Lets face it since 2012 we have removed all the big names from the club and replaced them with small characters and now its showing we have no winners left. Even Tierry Henry said we have gone backward since Luis left. Sad times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #934: Sep 24, 2015 09:26:27 am
      HAAAH, just saw we qualified for the next round! After the 90 minute whistle I immediately shut down my computer, disappointed with the result thinking we had to play a replay at their ground. Apparently we played an extra 30 mins + penalties... :)

Not sure played 30 mins is a fair reflection of what occured.Yes they were on the pitch but thats about as far as it went
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 43 
      Reply #935: Sep 24, 2015 10:30:31 am
      Not a good performance, but at least we are through.

The whole time Brendan is in charge I will support him.

Looks like Lovren will be out for a little while, maybe it will mean we can get a settled back four and start building up some momentum.

Positives are Bogdan, Emre Can, Ings and the return of Joe Allen from injury.

Negatives are the amount of shots we had, 47? And 1 goal over 120 minutes against a League 2 side, just not good enough.

Overall I'm happy we are though and that we got a chance to see Bogdan in goal, and that a few of the fringe players got some minutes.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #936: Sep 24, 2015 10:40:41 am
      50 Shots, let's subtract the defenders efforts, efforts that were unrealistic and that leaves about 20.

Then subtract Coutinho's and you're probably down to 1 or 2.

So disappointed with Coutinho but it came out in the post match how players were "asked to take responsibility" when the message they actually got across was shoot on sight, something will go in. Another example of poor coaching in my opinion.

The wee fellas penner was poor as well. Defo off the boil and we are missing hendo, big reason for the recent slump.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #937: Sep 24, 2015 11:06:45 am
      sooooooo how does the prediction league calculate the Carlisle match?  if we predicted that we would win, do we get points for that, even though officially it was 1-1?

As far as I'm aware regarding the prediction league its the result at 90 mins that counts, 1-1 in this case.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #938: Sep 24, 2015 11:35:03 am
      has the character of the players been shown to be weak. Lets face it since 2012 we have removed all the big names from the club and replaced them with small characters and now its showing we have no winners left. Even Tierry Henry said we have gone backward since Luis left. Sad times

Except from a from notable, individual exceptions, the mental weakness of our squad is something I've discussed for getting on a decade
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #939: Sep 24, 2015 11:39:14 am
      Positives:

Ings.
      Bogdan's penalty saves.
      Can's penalty.
      LFC through to the next round.

That's about it.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #940: Sep 24, 2015 05:51:44 pm
      It'll do for a start.  We got through - let's see it as a turning point until we know any better. 

We went through, which is more than Newcastle can say.  These games are always one offs - lower league teams having nothing to lose, the opposite being true for the likes of us.  I'm more concerned about the league form, but let's not keep up this pathetic sniping at individual players.  They're in a fog that's not of their own making.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #941: Sep 24, 2015 09:01:32 pm
      OK Bogdan made saves. But I don't think he looked THAT good. We must remember it was vs shitty Carlisle.

This also reminds me of the Lge Cup last yr. I thought Mignolet was utterly pathetic in that marathon penalty shootout. To me, it was a good indicator of how he is a rather average keeper. And compared to Pepe... well words fail me.

What I liked about Ings is his mentality. OK he's not got the skills of the strikers we've had in the past. But in his mind, he is a winner. Someone that aims to do his best. To many players have lots of skill but can't transfer it to a big occasion. Ings isn't the type who'd bottle it and underperform. How good/ok/average he will become... I think its too early to say.

Finally, I thought it was a pretty sad affair. To me, it really hit home how other than perhaps Sturridge, we really don't have ANY top, established players at the club. In the Woy era, in the Sourness era, the Ged and Evans eras, we pretty much ALWAYS had a couple or so players you'd travel to watch. Fowler, Owen, Rush, Gerrard, Torres, Suarez etc. But NO ONE now. F***ing sh*te..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #942: Sep 25, 2015 12:28:37 am
      OK Bogdan made saves. But I don't think he looked THAT good. We must remember it was vs shitty Carlisle.

He's an improvement on Mignolet at corners put it that way!!

Quick Reply