Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The beginning of the end?

Read 6392 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: The beginning of the end?
      Reply #23: Sep 25, 2015 11:33:35 pm
      Remember it being in the news at time that Gerrard had recommended Barry to Rafa, that was the first time we went in for him, not the summer prior to Alonso leaving, remember at the time thinking it was like Michael Owen recommending Danny Murphy to Houllier.

Do you mean Heskey mate? Murphy was a Evans signing.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #24: Sep 26, 2015 12:04:09 am

Think he means when Houllier originally sent him back on loan to Crewe, because of Danny's liking for going out on the town a lot!!
      RedrunstheColour
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 30 posts |
      Reply #25: Sep 26, 2015 12:26:35 am
      Gareth Barry for all the finger pointing at Rafa, he was only trying to Keep Gerrard happy by bidding at the bequest of Gerrard for his friend and England International roomy...

Notice Gerrard left that little nugget out of his book, when speaking about Alonso leaving.
      As much as I love that guy. His books starting to piss me off. Is it really necessary? Like moaning about your ex. No one cares.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #26: Sep 26, 2015 12:28:48 am
      Think he means when Houllier originally sent him back on loan to Crewe, because of Danny's liking for going out on the town a lot!!

:D

I didn't know it was for partying, I do remember thinking that the statement Evans or Houllier made when they sent him back was a bit harsh.... "He is no better than we already have "  Presumably they meant David Thompson?
      RedrunstheColour
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 30 posts |
      Reply #27: Sep 26, 2015 12:32:41 am

I didn't know it was for partying, I do remember thinking that the statement Evans or Houllier made when they sent him back was a bit harsh.... "He is no better than we already have "  Presumably they meant David Thompson?
      BOOM HAHA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #28: Sep 26, 2015 12:48:01 am

Yeah was not long after the departure of Evans and Houllier was putting his foot down with the spice boys bollocks.
      RedrunstheColour
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 30 posts |
      Reply #29: Sep 26, 2015 04:42:26 am
      I was pissed off earlier. Sorry. I have faith, stupidly that everything will work out.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #30: Sep 26, 2015 06:15:58 am
      First, I completely disagree that FSG look at LFC as a "rich, American plaything."  Yes, the club is a business and ownership wants to make money. But, I would rather have FSG than the majority of owners in the PL. They have invested heavily in players. They have spent heavily in the new stadium upgrades and all around Anfield.  They have not changed any of the heritage, colors or crest, which others owners have done. FSG have never lied to the supporters.  They are doing exactly what the said they would. Invest in the club and grounds and NOT overspend.  The club is far better today than it was when FSG took over. Even without a title.

The current problems should be laid directly on the players not doing what they were signed to do. But due to the era were in, all blame goes to the Mgrs and owners when its the players who fail to perform. 

I dont necessarily think Rodgers is a great mgr but explain how 2 seasons ago we just missed out on the title WITH Rodgers?  His "style " worked then. I think blame should be put on our players and their mistakes and their poor play.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Re: The beginning of the end
      Reply #31: Sep 26, 2015 07:07:37 am
      I'm as upset as the next fan. It's such a shame to see us become a bit of a laughing stock especially now since socially media magnifies it by 1000.

I just want a nice a solid team that gives us something to cheer about. The last 12 months have been horrible.

I don't want Rodgers sacked but it just feels like he's lost the players faith.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #32: Sep 26, 2015 07:08:25 am
      First, I completely disagree that FSG look at LFC as a "rich, American plaything."  Yes, the club is a business and ownership wants to make money. But, I would rather have FSG than the majority of owners in the PL. They have invested heavily in players. They have spent heavily in the new stadium upgrades and all around Anfield.  They have not changed any of the heritage, colors or crest, which others owners have done. FSG have never lied to the supporters.  They are doing exactly what the said they would. Invest in the club and grounds and NOT overspend.  The club is far better today than it was when FSG took over. Even without a title.

The current problems should be laid directly on the players not doing what they were signed to do. But due to the era were in, all blame goes to the Mgrs and owners when its the players who fail to perform. 

I dont necessarily think Rodgers is a great mgr but explain how 2 seasons ago we just missed out on the title WITH Rodgers?  His "style " worked then. I think blame should be put on our players and their mistakes and their poor play.

I can explain...

Luis Suarez.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #33: Sep 26, 2015 10:06:47 am
      Is Brendan expecting the mountain to come to him? He needs to light a fire under these players asses or it'll be him who pays the price.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #34: Sep 26, 2015 10:11:06 am
      Really hope we destroy Villa today and see the beginning of the new start.

Can't help feeling that my first game of the season today will be Brendan's last.

Hope I'm wrong.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: Sep 26, 2015 12:44:34 pm

Yep HR is right, was about recalling Murphy from Crewe, Owen spoke to Houllier stating that Murphy was the player who assisted him most for the England U21's/youth teams.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #36: Sep 28, 2015 06:24:35 pm

I dont necessarily think Rodgers is a great mgr but explain how 2 seasons ago we just missed out on the title WITH Rodgers?  His "style " worked then.

Luis Suarez. So when they play sh*te its the players fault but when they play well and win it Brendans magnificance.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #37: Sep 29, 2015 10:13:19 am
      My answer is, true supporters stick to their team through thick & thin !!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #38: Sep 29, 2015 12:10:00 pm
      I grew up with two manc brothers in an era when they were winning. I went to school and all my mates were mancs. When pompey come up and were being entertaining upstarts all my mates are pompey fans. They all asked at some point you may as well change. Not once did I entertain the idea because I loved the club ethos. What is that nowadays?

I grew up with a couple of blueshite cousins. They'd win a couple of games at the start of the season and think they'd won the CL. They'd go on reds forums pretending to be reds fans for what reason I have no idea. But bottom line they were blueshite with a stadium of 400 supporters colluding in the illusion they've ever had a history. Least we're reds eh
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39: Sep 29, 2015 12:25:19 pm
      My answer is, true supporters stick to their team through thick & thin !!

you are right the team is constant the manager is not

Quick Reply