Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (2.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      25 (22.9%)
      James Milner
      3 (2.8%)
      Phil Coutinho
      2 (1.8%)
      Danny Ings
      2 (1.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      72 (66.1%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: Sep 30, 2015 04:55:35 pm

Liverpool 3-2 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match Thread

Read 28680 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Liverpool 3-2 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match Thread
      Reply #437: Sep 27, 2015 09:10:46 am

What was wrong with Pepe...ask Brendan and those on here who like to tell us how sh*t he had become.One of the first incidents when Brendan mis-spoke about him flirting with Barca and had to go. The same rule did not apply to Luis Suarez though did it.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #438: Sep 27, 2015 09:17:17 am
      I think Sahko was done aerially on a couple of occasions against their big bloke up front, one for a goal too - the second one.

He was . I'm not his biggest fan.
      He wasn't there on both goals.

What was wrong with Pepe...ask Brendan and those on here who like to tell us how sh*t he had become.One of the first incidents when Brendan mis-spoke about him flirting with Barca and had to go. The same rule did not apply to Luis Suarez though did it.

Pepe was a strong alpha character.
      Rodgers doesn't like strong alpha characters around him.

One by one ........ bye bye.

Welcome to LFCREDS.

You may have just posted the quote of the year !

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2015 02:40:36 pm by eurored »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #439: Sep 27, 2015 09:18:05 am
      Watched the highlights and from that, I'm just glad. Of the grew points. I really think if we didn't have Sturridge on the park, we play a completely different game up top. Pray he stays fit. Villa one of the few teams with a poorer run of recent form than us, so not getting carried away yet.
      4 important games coming up and be interesting to see what Brendan does with the squad/selection for those games.
      Made up with the 3 points, but still worried shitless about our defence and keeper.
      Looked a lot better with Ings & Studge up top, but does anyone really think this was a ' plan' by Brendan, and what happens when Benteke is fit ?
      I have a feeling Ings will be benched and we'll lose momentum again, but maybe that's for another time.
      5 off top is much better reading, and most sides would be made up with that.
      I'm still not convinced, although relieved.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #440: Sep 27, 2015 09:22:28 am
      Really like the attitude of Danny Ings he is clearly up for it and his work rate yesterday was a credit to him. If he plays on the right he could well do a similar job to Kuyt.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #441: Sep 27, 2015 10:08:24 am
      As far as keepers go, Migs is sh*te. At best! We should F**k him off in January and offer Newcastle a swap deal for Krul. He is 1000 times better than Migs and wasted at the Geordies.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #442: Sep 27, 2015 10:12:14 am
      Really like the attitude of Danny Ings he is clearly up for it and his work rate yesterday was a credit to him. If he plays on the right he could well do a similar job to Kuyt.

Agree mate I really like the look of him and Brendan has a decision to make now, because I think Ings and Sturridge are going to make a much better pair than Sturridge and Benteke, but how do you leave out the man who's cost £32 big ones?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #443: Sep 27, 2015 10:24:19 am
      Agree mate I really like the look of him and Brendan has a decision to make now, because I think Ings and Sturridge are going to make a much better pair than Sturridge and Benteke, but how do you leave out the man who's cost £32 big ones?

You could always play all 3 alá Barca. Not quite as devastating mind. But it MIGHT work.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #444: Sep 27, 2015 11:50:59 am
      You could always play all 3 alá Barca. Not quite as devastating mind. But it MIGHT work.

Problem is are you willing to lose what Sturridge offers centrally shunting him out wide ?

Can Benteke compensate for that ?

I don't think he can, I've stated a few times Benteke is a good footballer, but probably not suited to the type of football we try to play, I could be wrong, but I've seen little to suggest he is so far, shame about his injury though as I would like to see if he can adapt to how we play and if he can be a success at the club.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #445: Sep 27, 2015 12:19:07 pm
      Amazing what Coutinho can do when he actually passes the ball.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #446: Sep 27, 2015 01:23:02 pm

You don't leave him out entirely, you rotate the team and whoever is in the better form gets the bigger games. It's easy to make an assumption that Sturridge and Benteke may not be the better partnership but we haven't seen it at all yet never mind on multiple occasions so I'd suggest it's best to reserve such judgements.
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #447: Sep 27, 2015 01:40:17 pm
      Wow, some absolute shockers at the back again. Thank F**k for Danny, we actually looked good going forward for a change. But Emre Can was a disaster, he is not a defender, I actually don't know what he is good at anymore.

Mignolet is dreadful, not at fault for the goals at all, but his parrying is a joke. FFS Brendan if you want to keep your job get a new keeper.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #448: Sep 27, 2015 02:36:04 pm
      Problem is are you willing to lose what Sturridge offers centrally shunting him out wide ?
      Can Benteke compensate for that ?
      I don't think he can, I've stated a few times Benteke is a good footballer, but probably not suited to the type of football we try to play, I could be wrong, but I've seen little to suggest he is so far, shame about his injury though as I would like to see if he can adapt to how we play and if he can be a success at the club.

Its been much debated why Rodgers demanded Carroll gone .... citing that he didn't suit his style of play .....or was it because someone else bought him in and his system was going to work better?

Yet he goes out in this summer window ...a couple of years later ...and "he" buys for £32 million the same type of player from the team that humiliated (bamboozled) us in the semi final of the FA cup.
      That whatever system he is now using we only scraped past by a one goal difference yesterday.

Theres a tenous link there.
      Three letter word beginning with an E and ending with an O

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #449: Sep 27, 2015 02:43:50 pm

Three letter word beginning with an E and ending with an O

Eeeye Ayyee Eyyye Ayyee OOOO ? :D

I can't count either ;)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #450: Sep 27, 2015 02:53:25 pm
      Let's be fair, we didn't do too badly. However, the defence could have been better. Once the combo of Cou, Stur, Milner and Ings got going we'll score a few more goals.  Moreno and Clyne were very hardworking with numerous crosses but no end product, the delivery has got to be of much better quality. Both whipped the ball into box without aiming for a target. Everyone performed with great urgency and glad BR has started to switch to a more attacking approach. Milner near the box has been very effective and productive as opposed to previous games he was so far from the opposition box and was a spectator. Finally BR has started to use players properly.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #451: Sep 27, 2015 02:53:45 pm
      I
      Eeeye Ayyee Eyyye Ayyee OOOO ? :D

I can't count either ;)

I can't tell you what it is ..... but I can tell you what it is'nt. 
      A yellow teletubby where Rodgers lives.
      E-O.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #452: Sep 27, 2015 06:38:40 pm
      What a difference studger makes.

Great win, been a while since we beat villa at home.

But again defense lets us down. Nearly cost us.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #453: Sep 27, 2015 07:44:30 pm
      20 minutes in, watching it for the first time. It's no great stuff, better than Carlisle, but poor.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #454: Sep 27, 2015 08:48:39 pm

Have seen a good bit more of Benteke since since pulling on the red shirt, and while he's strong and can score good goals from not much, he looks slower than I thought he was, doesn't contribute enough during game overall (he looks slow in closing down) and us having to tailor our game for him means we play percentages rather than possession.
      Was good to see the interplay at times in the Villa game, reckon playing Studge up there instead is more natural for us. We looked much better imo, more the sum of our parts than if Benteke was there.
      Big money spent on him by BR. So think when he's fit he'll bring him back. Where to (if Studge fit)? Dunno. Hope he's not the sword BR falls on, and he can somehow fit into our possession style of play. F**k that long ball sh*t. How likely is it he'll be a success? Hope for the best, but I wouldn't bet my house on it.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #455: Sep 27, 2015 09:41:45 pm
      Wow, some absolute shockers at the back again. Thank f**k for Danny, we actually looked good going forward for a change. But Emre Can was a disaster, he is not a defender, I actually don't know what he is good at anymore.

Mignolet is dreadful, not at fault for the goals at all, but his parrying is a joke. FFS Brendan if you want to keep your job get a new keeper.
      I agree...
      Maybe there's some connection with how bad our defence is and how dreadful Mignolet is..
      The majority of top keepers keep their back four in shape and remind them of that all through the game and pick the ball up and distribute it properly and effectively..
      God knows why he continually fannys about with the ball at his feet putting himself and his team mates under pressure them hoofs it up field in what looks like a panic, straight to one of their players.
      These heart stopping deep triangular passing games he plays all the time with the back four will back fire one of these games and cost us big time..
      Can just seems to drift in and out of games.. I don't understand.. he's another example of a player playing in an alien position.
      He didn't have a clue for their first goal...Carragher would've lost it with him, probably done another Arbola on him..
      "Wake up you stupid f**kin pr**k !"

Up front Sturridge was the difference.. but he only achieved that by having Ings buzzing around him running into space.. taking him away and putting Benteke up there will be totally different and easier to read for the opposition..
      Sturridge was the main man yesterday...and he needs it played in to his feet in and around the box.. I just don't see how Benteke's game can play any part in that..
      but according to BR the two of them are "Incredible together" in training !!

As good as 3 points feel today this result will mean jack sh*t if we get turned over in the derby next week..

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #456: Sep 27, 2015 10:07:10 pm
      Oh and one other thing...

I thought Lucas was f**king brilliant yesterday... a proper captains performance.

It still baffles me how Milner walked through the main gates less than six months ago and wears that armband ahead of Lucas Leiva who has been here nine years.

Yet Lucas came out and gave the post match BBC interview(a good one at that btw).. that should've been Milner before the cameras putting things right on behalf the team with all the sh*t that's going down..

rant over..
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #457: Sep 27, 2015 10:32:08 pm
      Oh and one other thing...

I thought Lucas was f**king brilliant yesterday... a proper captains performance.

It still baffles me how Milner walked through the main gates less than six months ago and wears that armband ahead of Lucas Leiva who has been here nine years.

Yet Lucas came out and gave the post match BBC interview(a good one at that btw).. that should've been Milner before the cameras putting things right on behalf the team with all the sh*t that's going down..

rant over..

Brendan wasn't trying to sell Milner.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #458: Sep 27, 2015 10:50:51 pm
      Brendan wasn't trying to sell Milner.

Its true though mate..
      Lucas must've been thinking;
      "Hang on a minute, Ive been here for nine years.. worked my bollocks off and this guy just walks in and is given the armband"..

Lucas and Sturridge kept Rodgers in a job yesterday...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #459: Sep 28, 2015 12:10:27 am
      Its true though mate..
      Lucas must've been thinking;
      "Hang on a minute, Ive been here for nine years.. worked my bollocks off and this guy just walks in and is given the armband"..

Lucas and Sturridge kept Rodgers in a job yesterday...

They did, and he's taken the opportunity to immediately go on the offensive against people who had criticised him.
      Much like on the pitch, Brendan's preferred MO seems to be attack, rather than to take a moment and sit back.

Quick Reply