Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Koloverhead kick Toure
      4 (6.3%)
      Emre Can
      5 (7.8%)
      Joe Xavi Allen
      6 (9.4%)
      Jordan Rossiter
      10 (15.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      22 (34.4%)
      Jordon Ibe
      1 (1.6%)
      Divock Origi
      5 (7.8%)
      Danny Ings
      10 (15.6%)
      Phil Coutinho
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: Oct 04, 2015 10:14:53 pm

Liverpool 1-1 FC Sion: In game and Post Match hmmm

Read 35409 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 FC Sion: In game and Post Match hmmm
      Reply #483: Oct 01, 2015 10:43:43 pm
      Agreed Walt - just not a big fan of threats (or implied threats) on the interweb.

You are right. Hence why I apologised to FL...

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #484: Oct 01, 2015 10:44:08 pm
      Surely if BR loses on Sunday, he HAS to go? Especially if the team display as much desire to win as tonight's magnificent effort, right?

you may as well save this on a template and post it after each match because FSG are not listening
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #485: Oct 01, 2015 10:45:12 pm

Rightly so and good on you.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #486: Oct 01, 2015 10:49:23 pm
      Weirdly, we created more than enough to finish. Origi alone should have had 3, maybe 4. But the finishing wasn't good enough, nor was that shamockery of defending on Sion's equalizer. Simply put, not good enough, regardless of who was put out there.

Lallana, Allen and Ings gave a decent account of themselves, though. Pretty pleased with the performance from all 3 of them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #487: Oct 01, 2015 10:53:07 pm

i dont think anyone hasn't lost their rag on here mate this shower would make a saint swear. Fair play if you apologised thats how it should be.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #488: Oct 01, 2015 10:55:54 pm
      The two main men who would've made the difference were sat in the stands, saying that, Origi and Ings both had clear cut chances to wrap the game up but failed with very poor finishing..

The Welsh Iniesta got stuck in as did Rossiter up until the half time whistle.

Can and Ibe were woeful tonight..both players have gone from bad to worse..

Adam Lallana !! He went missing the whole of the second half...too lightweight..

You win all your home games in Europe.. Fact ! otherwise you win F**k all !

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #489: Oct 01, 2015 10:56:25 pm
      Being a Liverpool fan right now is so F***ing hard it hurts. We've mostly all been spoiled from the great times, and obviously hard times do come to all at some point. But even through the expectations and the barren spells over the years, from Roy Evans to Graeme Souness, even when things went wrong with Rafa at the end and the disappointment for Kenny getting the heave ho, there was always "hope". A glimmer, a sliver of salvation just round the corner and optimism remained. But now, this is honestly the worst period I can remember since becoming a supporter in the late '70's. Yes, I think we're even past that point that Hodgson created during his brief fling with stardom. The "play" on the pitch is just so far removed from what a Liverpool team should offer in every facet of the game that it's embarrassing to the point that it should be criminal.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #490: Oct 01, 2015 10:57:46 pm
      Grim stuff that.

Very worried for the next few Premier League games.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #491: Oct 01, 2015 11:02:26 pm
      Being a Liverpool fan right now is so f**king hard it hurts. We've mostly all been spoiled from the great times, and obviously hard times do come to all at some point. But even through the expectations and the barren spells over the years, from Roy Evans to Graeme Souness, even when things went wrong with Rafa at the end and the disappointment for Kenny getting the heave ho, there was always "hope". A glimmer, a sliver of salvation just round the corner and optimism remained. But now, this is honestly the worst period I can remember since becoming a supporter in the late '70's. Yes, I think we're even past that point that Hodgson created during his brief fling with stardom. The "play" on the pitch is just so far removed from what a Liverpool team should offer in every facet of the game that it's embarrassing to the point that it should be criminal.

I just think we need to accept FSG hold the aces and they will sell up when it suits them and until then Brendan will stay. I dont know what the answer is its been a real battle supporting Liverpool these past 8 years.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #492: Oct 01, 2015 11:10:11 pm

How can we just accept that? We were THE top dogs in Europe just a few years ago. Yes, we've been distant in the league, the one thing we desperately crave, but at least we had the odd bit of silverware and the great European nights to look forward to. Currently, either of those percieved successes are about as realistic as Leeds United winning the CL.

If we accept this, then there is honestly nothing to stop us ourselves doing a Leeds or Forest. Like has been said, success for the owners seems to be an increase in revenue, and not the promise of returning us to the summit as was promised at the start of their rule.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #493: Oct 01, 2015 11:12:30 pm
      Just in from work.

Ready to watch the highlights.

I'm sure I'm in for a treat. :f_tongueincheek:
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #494: Oct 01, 2015 11:12:36 pm
      The weeping and wailing is getting louder and louder at the end of each game these days...

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #495: Oct 01, 2015 11:12:54 pm
      Why are you bringing Benteke into this?

He hasn't started the season too badly. A lot better than some of our other players. Scored a couple of excellent goals.

Under a better manager Benteke would be unstoppable.
      It is not just about Benteke It is more about who we have as scout, and how good/bad they are and does anyone really listen to them? and about the money we spend on players that are little above average and the frustration felt by it all.... This guy  Assifuah was an hand full and are you telling me that this is the only game that he as shown this?... Why has he not been on Liverpool's radar?..... Scouts should have spotters in every European and South American league, Ok one or two will spill by but players in the top six in each country we should know of.... They seem to miss too many players for my liking, or we move to slowly and they sign for other clubs..... drives me mad....
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #496: Oct 01, 2015 11:15:49 pm
      Wow, we are sh*t! No better than the average Championship club at the moment. Teams used to dread coming to Anfield, now they are laughing all the way their knowing they have every chance of leaving with either a win or a draw.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #497: Oct 01, 2015 11:17:05 pm
      Lalas? Funny, I didn't hear him say much about Rossiter at all. He quietly and efficiently didn't do much of anything except almost get Coutinho hurt.
      May not have been Fox, The commentator was a defender, maybe from the national team or MLS...
      One stray pass every player who kicks a ball will play stray passes now and then
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #498: Oct 01, 2015 11:19:04 pm
      Not surprised to see the result, when we introduce our first team back to the starting line up this weekend, the hope is the chances that we create end up in the back of the net.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #499: Oct 01, 2015 11:19:11 pm
      Are we sure Brendan isn't a Utd employee in disguise? His lack of iron will and desire in that fixture should have been enough for the man to lose his job...
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #500: Oct 01, 2015 11:32:31 pm
      Just got in from the match and it's sad to say but I'm not dissapointed because expectations have dropped so low.  Interesting to see the varying opinions on the players tonight which differ from mine. Migs couple of saves,  usual slow distribution, must obviously be coached to never catch the ball cos he's sh*t hot at not catching it, Ibe played with a lot of passion but it's just not working for him, Rossiter showed that he still has a lot to learn but tried hard, Allen couple of good passes, odd tackle here and there, lots of passes to no one, lots of missed tackles, lots of the usual sideways and backwards passes. Can my MOTM played with a lot of passion throughout and tried to make it happen. Origi least said the better. Brendan baffling as ever why take off Ings who looked like he might score and leave on Origi who couldn't hit a barn door even if he took two touches too many every time. Why not have played Sakho and Toure in defence from the off and put Can in midfield? And finally how could I forget the usual comedy defence. I really fear for us on Sunday, it has all the hallmarks of an embarrassment coming up.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #501: Oct 01, 2015 11:39:32 pm
      Many are saying on Twitter we created enough chances to win comfortably - erm, that is to be expected against Sion.

I don't care if we created 'enough chances', I actually never felt we were on our game at all and I thought it was very slow and laboured.

That is the most important aspect of this game. Not the chances created or some other irrelevant stat but actually seeing it right in front of me - it was crap.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #502: Oct 01, 2015 11:39:48 pm
      Just got in from the match and it's sad to say but I'm not dissapointed because expectations have dropped so low.  Interesting to see the varying opinions on the players tonight which differ from mine. Migs couple of saves,  usual slow distribution, must obviously be coached to never catch the ball cos he's sh*t hot at not catching it, Ibe played with a lot of passion but it's just not working for him, Rossiter showed that he still has a lot to learn but tried hard, Allen couple of good passes, odd tackle here and there, lots of passes to no one, lots of missed tackles, lots of the usual sideways and backwards passes. Can my MOTM played with a lot of passion throughout and tried to make it happen. Origi least said the better. Brendan baffling as ever why take off Ings who looked like he might score and leave on Origi who couldn't hit a barn door even if he took two touches too many every time. Why not have played Sakho and Toure in defence from the off and put Can in midfield? And finally how could I forget the usual comedy defence. I really fear for us on Sunday, it has all the hallmarks of an embarrassment coming up.

I hope you asked for a refund.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #503: Oct 01, 2015 11:53:01 pm
      European games are completely different to Premier league games..especially at home, surely to God, we, as Liverpool Football Club should know that after all these years..
      The "modern game" suggests that tonight, we lacked a Molby, Alonso, Gerrard,Hamman in midfield, someone who could unlock the door, we had no one on the pitch that had the key..

Our laughable demise and sub standard performances in Europe continue and with it goes my belief that this seasons Europa League was going to be successful..

It's the other European competition, on a Tuesday and a Wednesday that we should be in !! year after year..

How Rodgers thinks he is going to have any European success with those players on that pitch tonight is f**king beyond me !!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #504: Oct 01, 2015 11:57:47 pm
      5 games unbeaten now.

Most of the keyboard coaches here this evening, are the same keyboard coaches that don't want us to play this competition in the first place, and then they don't want us to play our best players in it. Brendan listened to them by leaving Sturridge out, yet they still want him fired anyway.

If we won, he wouldnt get any credit from them. They've made up their mind about him now so every game we win is the opposition's fault for not being good enough, and every game we don't win is his responsibility. That's what happens when they want someone to be fired.

Like I said, we are 5 games unbeaten, he won't be fired.
      We are second in the European group with 4 games remaining, he won't be fired.
      We are in the last 16 of the League Cup, he won't be fired.
      We are 5 points from the top of the Premiership with 93 points up for grabs, he won't be fired.
      We are 2 points from the top 4 of the Premiership with 93 points up for grabs, he won't be fired.
      I think I've made my point clear.

Coutinho will start across the road at the weekend. Sturridge will start across the road at the weekend. The weekend will be a different type of game entirely.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #505: Oct 01, 2015 11:58:41 pm
      I remember the elation I felt the last time we won this trophy. Sure, it's not THE big one, but nevertheless is a prestigious trophy which is deserving of more effort from our players and manager. Just goes to highlight EVERYTHING that is wrong with the modern game.

Quick Reply