Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      16 (20.8%)
      Can
      1 (1.3%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2.6%)
      Sakho
      8 (10.4%)
      Clyne
      2 (2.6%)
      Lucas
      6 (7.8%)
      Milner
      1 (1.3%)
      Moreno
      23 (29.9%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.3%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Ings
      16 (20.8%)
      Allen
      1 (1.3%)
      Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: Oct 09, 2015 03:48:35 pm

Everton 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match debate.

Read 24589 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Re: Live: Everton V Liverpool
      Reply #437: Oct 04, 2015 03:34:04 pm
      I actually think he's overrated personally. Plays like a bull in a china shop.

Really?

I think he is class.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #438: Oct 04, 2015 03:34:06 pm
      He might be a bitter blue but I could watch Barkley play football all day long.

The only touch of class on the pitch today

Just hope they sell him abroad, which I doubt they will because he could be their Gerrard, I think he could become that good.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #439: Oct 04, 2015 03:34:26 pm
      In fairness in complete isolation that was a decent performance and result. Nowhere near enough to sway any "Brendan outers" but a point there is a good point to get.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #440: Oct 04, 2015 03:34:56 pm
      Just hope they sell him abroad, which I doubt they will because he could be their Gerrard, I think he could become that good.

Agree mate.

Even when surrounded by players he stays calm and picks his pass.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #441: Oct 04, 2015 03:35:01 pm
      Has the players gone soft, hardly win any challenges, always loose out on 50-50 challenges. Embarassing that we need 3 players to take care of the cheat lukaku. BR toughen up the boys and stop the ball watching. The only player that did well today is Sakho, we need more sakho's in our team, hardly anyone took on their defenders, truly embarassing. On the left we have one too left footed wing back, on the right we have one wing back that couldn't make a decent cross. Sturridge outside the box perhaps 70 mins of the game, Cou missing thoughout  the game. Story of the day. Did BR actually saw that and try to do something about it. Bet he didn't and won't do anything.
      « Last Edit: Oct 04, 2015 03:52:23 pm by redkop63 »
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #442: Oct 04, 2015 03:35:38 pm
      Thought we are poor for the majority of the game, we started off ok. then went backwards (apart from the goal) and had no idea how to change things up or get our goal threats into the game.

the standard of our defending is horrible, even when we are not under pressure we still look vulnerable at the back, between Allen, Lucas and Milner we have a real lack of creativity and ability to see a pass (forward pass)

our attack once again was non existing, we hardly created anything for Sturry and Ings and they packed out their midfield and nullified any space that Coutinho could move into - yet we continued to play with three strangers in the back.

you could see we were happy to cling on to one point from around the 60th minute

this should be Brendans last match in control.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #443: Oct 04, 2015 03:35:40 pm
      I actually think he's overrated personally. Plays like a bull in a china shop with no intelligence whatsoever.

Agreed.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #444: Oct 04, 2015 03:37:09 pm
      Thought Ings was gonna find it all a bit to pressured at a bigger club. He proved me wrong, lots of energy and desire. Shame another 5 or 6 out there didn't have a similar attitude !
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,412 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #445: Oct 04, 2015 03:38:12 pm
      Terrible second half really, thought we offered virtually no threat to their goal whatsoever.

Moreno was clearly MotM followed by Lucas for me, hard to pick out many other positives.

Everton looked the more dangerous for most of the match and to be fair to Barkley, he may be a tw*t but they've got a real talent there, the lads at the back look decent for them too.

Special mention for Ings who got his goal and thought he'd make a difference and he did, was wrong to drag him off.

Barkley, are you serious, undoubtedly the most overrated   and overhyped English player i have ever seen and there have been a few. As for the game when your two best players are invisible and your most threatening striker gets the hook for no reason then you know your own a downer, Moreno mom as well for me, to be fair he has played in Seville derbies which are much more mental than ours these days. International break is welcome for once as hopefully Brendan will find the plot
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Everton 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match debate.
      Reply #446: Oct 04, 2015 03:41:42 pm
      It is what it is lads just average stuff from an average team.

.... and an AVERAGE MANAGER.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #447: Oct 04, 2015 03:43:11 pm
      Barkley is overrated (because he's English?). He'd be dime a dozen in the Bundesliga.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #448: Oct 04, 2015 03:46:49 pm
      He might be a bitter blue but I could watch Barkley play football all day long.

The only touch of class on the pitch today

No not for me Si. I thought Moreno was excellent for us today. Lucas as well did his job with the discipline and simplicity in a time when everything seems so far from discipline and simplicity. Incredibly unfair when even our good performers on days are not exempt from the universal gloom which many have chosen to apply in times like these. As for Barkley, I think he's your typical English player - all power and passion but very little technique to go on. Doesn't even have the vision and awareness that Gerrard had as well. Take away Barkley's strength and you've got a thoroughly bang average player.

Serving the highest praise on Barkley by the English media is indicative of a footballing culture that has become truly sterile.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #449: Oct 04, 2015 03:47:51 pm
      Milner tried too hard to be everywhere rather than stick to his CM position.
      Cou was utterly anonymous.
      Lucas had a lot to do on his own but did ok
      Studge was never in the game
      Mig had to make saves because of our defenders mistakes.
      Ings gave great energy and a few wonderful touches
      Over than that, a pretty poor performance.
      At least we didn't lose.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #450: Oct 04, 2015 03:49:30 pm

Becoming our theme tune

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #451: Oct 04, 2015 03:49:40 pm
      No not for me Si. I thought Moreno was excellent for us today. Incredibly unfair when even our good performers on days are not exempt from the universal gloom which many have chosen to apply in times like these. As for Barkley, I think he's your typical English player - all power and passion but very little technique to go on. Doesn't even have the vision and awareness that Gerrard had as well. Take away Barkley's strength and you've got a thoroughly bang average player.

Serving the highest praise on Barkley by the English media is indicative of a footballing culture that has become truly sterile.

You really don't think he has technique?

We must be watching different players mate.

Back to us and that second half had inevitability written all over it. Only one side was going to win that game and it wasn't us.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #452: Oct 04, 2015 03:50:21 pm
      Barkley, are you serious, undoubtedly the most overrated   and overhyped English player i have ever seen and there have been a few. As for the game when your two best players are invisible and your most threatening striker gets the hook for no reason then you know your own a downer, Moreno mom as well for me, to be fair he has played in Seville derbies which are much more mental than ours these days. International break is welcome for once as hopefully Brendan will find the plot

Watching the NBC feed and I thought Steve Bower was going to have a Harry Met Sally style orgasm that would be never ending if Barkley scored, with Kevin Kilbane getting in on the action.

The way he was going on, it was as if we were watching Messi and Ronaldo rolled into one. But the English media have a bias towards lumpen cavemen with no brain. It's the stereotypical, archetypal English player who, as ever, fails to reach the heights of the true class players in world football. See Wayne Rooney - world class my arse, but still, we have a sycophantic arse licking documentary tomorrow night celebrating his England goals against the mighty Estonias and Azerbaijans of international football.

I bet he won't even make an impact on the England international side.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #453: Oct 04, 2015 03:53:02 pm
      Barkley is what? 21, he's the closest the national team have had in that type of player since Gerrard and Lampard. All my frustrations at us aside, I can understand the hype totally. He could become a great.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,412 posts | 3406 
      Reply #454: Oct 04, 2015 03:54:38 pm
      Watching the NBC feed and I thought Steve Bower was going to have a Harry Met Sally style orgasm that would be never ending if Barkley scored, with Kevin Kilbane getting in on the action.

The way he was going on, it was as if we were watching Messi and Ronaldo rolled into one. But the English media have a bias towards lumpen cavemen with no brain. It's the stereotypical, archetypal English player who, as ever, fails to reach the heights of the true class players in world football. See Wayne Rooney - world class my arse, but still, we have a sycophantic arse licking documentary tomorrow night celebrating his England goals against the mighty Estonias and Azerbaijans of international football.

I bet he won't even make an impact on the England international side.

nothing against the lad but when his manager who is up their in the pantheon of deluded managers with our very own boss talks about a world class talent when he can't even nail down a spot in his own team week in week out.  Ah Kevin kilbane who produced pure comedy gold about the blueshite losing to villareal in the cl playoff a few years back. Well we know it's not like them to mention old perceived injustices usually involving refs but he straight faced claimed Everton lost cos uefa didn't want them in the cl
      Redangel

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #455: Oct 04, 2015 03:55:42 pm
      I seriously don't get the Barkley hype. I agree with those who say he is overated, I also think he's a snidy little player. He's  English though so he must be good!
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,673 posts | 145 
      Reply #456: Oct 04, 2015 03:57:53 pm
      Milner is soon challenging Lovren for the most worst transfer in our history.

No desire, no composure nothing, teams like United when they play sh*t they know how to scrap points and be effective unlike us we don't seem to have any personality or winning mentality for a top 4 team. 

I just want Rodgers to go now tonight before tomorrow.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #457: Oct 04, 2015 03:58:16 pm

Yes 100% serious.

He is an exceptional talent that I can only believe it's bitter bias that makes people refuse to admit it. Honestly I'd pay £30m+ for him and be happy if he joined us.

Technique
      Composure
      Special Goals
      Aggression
      Decent decision making for his age
      Fantastic Engine
      Dribbiling Ability

Anyone saying he's a dime a dozen anywhere really doesn't appreciate what a player he is. I'll probably get slated for saying it on here but it's just my honest opinion.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #458: Oct 04, 2015 04:02:15 pm
      Milner is soon challenging Lovren for the most worst transfer in our history.

No desire, no composure nothing, teams like United when they play sh*t they know how to scrap points and be effective unlike us we don't seem to have any personality or winning mentality for a top 4 team

Sorry but your point about Milner not showing any desire is absolute bollocks.
      If anything he tried far too hard and hence lost his composure.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,412 posts | 3406 
      Reply #459: Oct 04, 2015 04:02:46 pm
      Yes 100% serious.

He is an exceptional talent that I can only believe it's bitter bias that makes people refuse to admit it. Honestly I'd pay £30m+ for him and be happy if he joined us.

Technique
      Composure
      Special Goals
      Aggression
      Decent decision making for his age
      Fantastic Engine
      Dribbiling Ability

Anyone saying he's a dime a dozen anywhere really doesn't appreciate what a player he is. I'll probably get slated for saying it on here but it's just my honest opinion.

he can't get in the Everton team week in week out. If he was 25 he wouldn't get the attention, the fact we are talking about him speaks volumes for the match. Bitter bias, not a chance, he has done very little to deserve the hype

Quick Reply