Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      16 (20.8%)
      Can
      1 (1.3%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2.6%)
      Sakho
      8 (10.4%)
      Clyne
      2 (2.6%)
      Lucas
      6 (7.8%)
      Milner
      1 (1.3%)
      Moreno
      23 (29.9%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.3%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Ings
      16 (20.8%)
      Allen
      1 (1.3%)
      Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: Oct 09, 2015 03:48:35 pm

Everton 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match debate.

Read 24554 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Re: Everton 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match debate.
      Reply #460: Oct 04, 2015 04:02:49 pm
      Yes 100% serious.

He is an exceptional talent that I can only believe it's bitter bias that makes people refuse to admit it. Honestly I'd pay £30m+ for him and be happy if he joined us.

Technique
      Composure
      Special Goals
      Aggression
      Decent decision making for his age
      Fantastic Engine
      Dribbiling Ability

Anyone saying he's a dime a dozen anywhere really doesn't appreciate what a player he is. I'll probably get slated for saying it on here but it's just my honest opinion.

Agree 100%.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #461: Oct 04, 2015 04:10:18 pm
      he can't get in the Everton team week in week out. If he was 25 he wouldn't get the attention, the fact we are talking about him speaks volumes for the match. Bitter bias, not a chance, he has done very little to deserve the hype

Fair enough, your opinion. Just compare what he did in the match against what any other central midfielder contributed out there today, he was head and shoulders above any player in the centre of the park with only Lucas getting close.

If he was 25 I would be less impressed, the fact he is going to get better is what makes him potentially a world class player but even right now he's £30m+ in my opinion.

Anyway I don't want to turn this into the Barkley thread at all so I'm going to leave it there.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #462: Oct 04, 2015 04:10:44 pm
      Milner is soon challenging Lovren for the most worst transfer in our history.

No desire, no composure nothing, teams like United when they play sh*t they know how to scrap points and be effective unlike us we don't seem to have any personality or winning mentality for a top 4 team. 

I just want Rodgers to go now tonight before tomorrow.

Milner is soon challenging Lovren for the most worst transfer in our history.

No desire, no composure nothing, teams like United when they play sh*t they know how to scrap points and be effective unlike us we don't seem to have any personality or winning mentality for a top 4 team. 

I just want Rodgers to go now tonight before tomorrow.

I must have watched a different game from you mate , opinions eh
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #463: Oct 04, 2015 04:13:49 pm
      Yes 100% serious.

He is an exceptional talent that I can only believe it's bitter bias that makes people refuse to admit it. Honestly I'd pay £30m+ for him and be happy if he joined us.

Technique
      Composure
      Special Goals
      Aggression
      Decent decision making for his age
      Fantastic Engine
      Dribbiling Ability

Anyone saying he's a dime a dozen anywhere really doesn't appreciate what a player he is. I'll probably get slated for saying it on here but it's just my honest opinion.

I'd never pay 30m for Barkley when the likes of Meyer, Goretzka, Draxler, Calhanoglu, Asensio et al are around. Hardly "exceptional." But maybe he is for the backwoods that is English football, to be fair.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,059 posts | 2745 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #464: Oct 04, 2015 04:16:17 pm
      Fooking scandalous defending costing us again. Ye can blame Rodgers on a lot of things but there goal was a nothing ball in the box and can made a cock of it. Fooking ridiculous at this stage the individual gaffs being made.

We're sh*te in a sh*te league so we're really sh*te
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #465: Oct 04, 2015 04:16:31 pm
      Fair enough, your opinion. Just compare what he did in the match against what any other central midfielder contributed out there today, he was head and shoulders above any player in the centre of the park with only Lucas getting close.

If he was 25 I would be less impressed, the fact he is going to get better is what makes him potentially a world class player but even right now he's £30m+ in my opinion.

Anyway I don't want to turn this into the Barkley thread at all so I'm going to leave it there.

like you said it's about opinions, he didn't particularly stand out over a pretty average bunch today. One run into an acre of space and a shot wide. But we will agree to disagree and not waste any more time on the blueshite (was more impressed with their two fullbacks to be honest)
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #466: Oct 04, 2015 04:17:48 pm
      Barkley is not even close to being world class, let alone going to be world class. I remember when Dan Gosling was going to be the 'next big thing'!

I'll repost this in five years time.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #467: Oct 04, 2015 04:34:32 pm
      Barkley is not even close to being world class, let alone going to be world class. I remember when Dan Gosling was going to be the 'next big thing'!

I'll repost this in five years time.

The same could be said for our players in 5 years time surely?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #468: Oct 04, 2015 04:38:27 pm
      The same could be said for our players in 5 years time surely?

Erm.... Yeah well there ain't the kind of arse licking about our players is there? I think we all know the deficiencies of our own players.

As for Barkley being 'potential world class' , maybe in the narrow minds of English journalists and xenophobic pricks like Henry Winters and Paddy Barclay who put Rooney on a pedestal with Pele, but in the context of world football, he's a nobody and will be a nobody.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #469: Oct 04, 2015 04:45:11 pm
      mistake cost us again, getting punished for just about every mistake the defense makes.

Hard fought draw today, cant knock the commitment. Milner, studger & coutinho poor.

If we had picked more points up at home, we would have been saying good away draw.
      DanMann

• 5,694 posts | 880 
      Reply #470: Oct 04, 2015 04:52:57 pm
      Don't get why the fans want Rodgers out.

He's kept the Liverpool locals from Derby embarrassment throughout his tenure. Undefeated, with a couple of victories too. Brilliant. May that continue... 

:roll: :f_tongueincheek:
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #471: Oct 04, 2015 04:54:19 pm
      Erm.... Yeah well there ain't the kind of arse licking about our players is there? I think we all know the deficiencies of our own players.

As for Barkley being 'potential world class' , maybe in the narrow minds of English journalists and xenophobic pricks like Henry Winters and Paddy Barclay who put Rooney on a pedestal with Pele, but in the context of world football, he's a nobody and will be a nobody.

He may turn out to be another forgettable player. He does look to have so much potential, taking my Liverpool supporters mentality out of the equation.
      I don't really support England. Only Liverpool.
      Expect a big transfer fee soon.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #472: Oct 04, 2015 04:55:04 pm
      Cant help but feel disappointed yet again.

Everton were there for the taking today but we looked sh*t going forward as usual.

That's the quietest I've ever seen Sturridge and Coutinho. Ings wasn't in the game much either. Nor Clyne. So our attack was poor.

Thought Milner and Lucas did OK in midfield. They went about their jobs quite well without being particularly great.

The back three did OK too for most parts but the goal we conceded was a shambles. I must admit I'm not Cans biggest fan and I think he is very over rated amongst us reds, and I'd prefer to see Gomez in there.

Moreno did OK to be fair.

Mignolet was better this week, made some important stops.

Overall we were flat. Didn't show enough passion or desire to win. Towards the end we were hanging on too. Very disappointing.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #473: Oct 04, 2015 04:57:51 pm
      How many times did Milner give the ball away in that second half either not being able to control a ball or wperil passing.

No continuity if you are constantly giving the ball away so cheaply.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #474: Oct 04, 2015 04:58:15 pm
      Barkley is not even close to being world class, let alone going to be world class.

He falls about like a schoolgirl.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #475: Oct 04, 2015 05:01:18 pm
      Barkley is going to be a wonderful player, and Milner is a fine transfer.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #476: Oct 04, 2015 05:01:41 pm
      How many times did Milner give the ball away in that second half either not being able to control a ball or wperil passing.

Thought he had a 10 minute spell at the end of the first half were he was decent, other than that he was the worst player out there by a country mile, terrible performance and should be dropped. (Edit: Coutinho was that bad I forgot he was on the pitch, certainly rivalled Milner)

We really need Henderson back to get him out of the side. Although personally I'd have no problem playing Chiravella, of course that wont happen though.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #477: Oct 04, 2015 05:08:51 pm

I was made up we signed a seasoned pro then from seeing how sloppy he is I've been shocked.
      He came here probably being assured he'd always get to play, get the vice captains armband too, so he's in charge to a certain degree.
      He should be used sparingly when we need extra energy but now I guess we/the manager can't because he's lulled him here by offering him the keys to everything.
      Milner should not be in charge of the dressing room or pitch, he's a newcomer.
      People will have a problem with this, I've seen it before, read between the lines to get my point, even if it's a bit crude how I put it.
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #478: Oct 04, 2015 06:10:49 pm

Milner should not be in charge of the dressing room or pitch, he's a newcomer.

THIS!

It just shouldn´t be like this. You should earn that captains armband not just walking in the dressing room as a fresh signing and woah, suddenly a captain...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #479: Oct 04, 2015 06:17:34 pm
      8 people voted Simon Mignolet?

If you voted for Simon Mignolet you are a knee jerker.  Three saves that any number 1 should be saving - two of them straight at him.

Scared to come off his line and take responsibility and repeatedly gave the ball away with his shocking distribution.

Really isn't good enough.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,505 posts | 709 
      Reply #480: Oct 04, 2015 06:18:02 pm
      wait. NOW people have a problem with milner as vice captain?

When i said this (after the arsenal game) i got attacked on here.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #481: Oct 04, 2015 06:32:17 pm
      Is anyone actually worth MOTM?

I mean Mignolet did a couple of ok saves. Ings got a goal. But really that was one of the most boring displays of "Liverpool" football I can remember. Compares with Bodgson, Evan's worst, Souness's worst. Boring AND crap.

Its just a team without a soul. Other than Sturridge (if fit and on form) I dont think there's a single player I think "wow looking forward to seeing him". I mean every yr I can remember we atleast had Torres+Gerrad, Suarez, Fowler, Owen, Dalglish, Rush, Barnes+Beardsley etc. A couple of players you'd think "wow he's worth travelling to see".

Its another Villa, or Everton. Just wearing red shirts, IMO.  :mad: I mean Everton you could say have Barkley. But if Sturrdige isn't up to the level, we dont have a single star left.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #482: Oct 04, 2015 08:18:03 pm

Been able to ask that for a while.

Quick Reply