Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      16 (20.8%)
      Can
      1 (1.3%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2.6%)
      Sakho
      8 (10.4%)
      Clyne
      2 (2.6%)
      Lucas
      6 (7.8%)
      Milner
      1 (1.3%)
      Moreno
      23 (29.9%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.3%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Ings
      16 (20.8%)
      Allen
      1 (1.3%)
      Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: Oct 09, 2015 03:48:35 pm

Everton 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match debate.

Read 24414 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: Everton 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match debate.
      Reply #483: Oct 04, 2015 09:40:20 pm
      I just want Rodgers to go now tonight before tomorrow.

Are you psychic? Ha Ha... should've put a tenner on Paddy Power mate..

I've given my MOTM to Lucas even though he didn't last the full 90..
      He muscled in on their sh*te midfield and won back possession so many times and didn't deserve the yellow he got..

Rodgers lack of making major tactical changes in a game were proven once again when he didn't move Coutinho in to a different position in the second half and let Martinez worry whether McCarthy should go with him..because he allowed him to put our little samba man in his pocket...

Even when Lallana came on it made absolutely no difference to our attacking game whatsoever..

Sturridge went missing the whole of the second half and had no influence on the game at all..

Once again we scrape through a game against opposition who we're there for the taking..

I don't know what Lukaku said to Sahko near the end but by F**k he looked very angry. I thought he was gonna rip his head off ..

Another 2 points dropped

« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2015 10:13:41 pm by 6stringer »
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #484: Oct 04, 2015 10:04:04 pm
      See what I mean...
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #485: Oct 04, 2015 10:27:45 pm

That is one freaky stare, Lukaku might be casting a glance over his shoulder now and again tonight :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #486: Oct 04, 2015 10:52:59 pm

Ings, Skrtel or Sakho for me, all three at least showed something today, couldn't believe Ings was taken off when Sturridge and Coutinho were still on the pitch and had very poor games.

wait. NOW people have a problem with milner as vice captain?

When i said this (after the arsenal game) i got attacked on here.

Said it before the start of the season when I found out he should not be vice-captain and after today (and people may disagree) but I'd give it to Sakho, backs every player up on the pitch and actually looks like a leader.

I know it's wrong but I loved seeing him lose it at the end, he looks a nasty b***ard if you piss him off.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #487: Oct 04, 2015 11:01:49 pm
      Ings, Skrtel or Sakho for me, all three at least showed something today, couldn't believe Ings was taken off when Sturridge and Coutinho were still on the pitch and had very poor games.

Said it before the start of the season when I found out he should not be vice-captain and after today (and people may disagree) but I'd give it to Sakho, backs every player up on the pitch and actually looks like a leader.

I know it's wrong but I loved seeing him lose it at the end, he looks a nasty b***ard if you piss him off.

I went for Ings and agree on Sakho. It's good to see a player who has a bit of fire about him.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #488: Oct 04, 2015 11:04:12 pm
      Todays game was filth. Both teams struggling to pass to their own teammates.

One of the lowest quality derbies I've seen.

Glad to see Ings score seconds after Sturridge was crying that Danny hadn't pulled off some miracle assist.

Fair play to Mignolet.

Can's yellow card was blueshite behaviour. Get yourself a yellow card for waving your wang to them after scoring - not over a poxy throw in.

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #489: Oct 04, 2015 11:13:08 pm
      I went with Moreno for motm , he has the makings of a fine player for us as is most of the team given the right manager . not to be played out of position and letting players who are playing sh*te play on while others who give it their all get taking off . i hope we see the end of that auld sh*te managing . Have a wee think about the captaincy as well , a captain that will grab the game by the scruff of the neck and not shirk his responsibilities .
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #490: Oct 05, 2015 12:53:54 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #491: Oct 05, 2015 12:54:48 am
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #492: Oct 05, 2015 12:56:03 am
      Maybe Klopp will make him Captain?

I just been told he is ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #493: Oct 05, 2015 01:20:46 am

Missed that live, love it!

That and the stare he's pushing for MotM for me now ;D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #494: Oct 05, 2015 01:41:56 am
      Yes 100% serious.

He is an exceptional talent that I can only believe it's bitter bias that makes people refuse to admit it. Honestly I'd pay £30m+ for him and be happy if he joined us.

Technique
      Composure
      Special Goals
      Aggression
      Decent decision making for his age
      Fantastic Engine
      Dribbiling Ability

Anyone saying he's a dime a dozen anywhere really doesn't appreciate what a player he is. I'll probably get slated for saying it on here but it's just my honest opinion.

If he was going to be their Steven Gerrard as you implied, he would have done/been it by now.

He isn't going to magically turn into a world beater over night. He couldn't even stamp his game onto two average sides during a derby.

Has good technique and power so every now and then you can see some sort of talent - but it doesn't look as though it's going to propel him anything further than being a good player.

Like the other Evertonian, he's over-hyped.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #495: Oct 05, 2015 01:48:54 am
      If he was going to be their Steven Gerrard as you implied, he would have done/been it by now.

He isn't going to magically turn into a world beater over night. He couldn't even stamp his game onto two average sides during a derby.

Gerrard was generally a single digit scorer at his age, he's already got 3 this year in 10 appearances and I personally thought he did stamp his game on two average teams. He most certainly did stand out in that game as one of the few players with genuine quality on the ball in what overall was an extremely low quality derby.

He has good technique and power so every now and then you can see some sort of talent - but it doesn't look as though it's going to propel him anything further than being a good player.

Like the other Evertonian, he's over-hyped.

This could turn out to be correct, potential isn't realised time and again, personally I see him developing into at least a top quality international and possibly world class.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #496: Oct 05, 2015 03:05:50 am
      Gerrard was generally a single digit scorer at his age, he's already got 3 this year in 10 appearances and I personally thought he did stamp his game on two average teams. He most certainly did stand out in that game as one of the few players with genuine quality on the ball in what overall was an extremely low quality derby.

This could turn out to be correct, potential isn't realised time and again, personally I see him developing into at least a top quality international and possibly world class.

If goals scored equate to class, then trophies must trump that. Gerrard at 20/21 won the UEFA, FA and League cup and was awarded the PFA young player of the year. Of course, goals don't necessarily equate to how much class a player has, and likewise trophies, ala Djimi Traore.

Never the less, Gerrard was still pivotal in his very early years to help LFC achieve a treble winning season, but it was plain as the nose of your face that Gerrard had the ability and determination to be a world class player. Barkley has some good traits but even with probably a better technique can't/doesn't influence a game of football like Gerrard did at 21.

Yesterday's game, for a potential, hyped player was the perfect opportunity for Barkley to step-up. And the match was bang average in terms of quality and Barkley couldn't have had a better opportunity to make more of a name for himself. In the first half, he barely got into the game, and was overshadowed by his opposite number Coutinho. The second half, the roles reversed and he saw more of the ball, a bit more swagger and a nice flick here and there but nothing of quality that was detrimental to us, or influential product. That game was calling out for a star and not one single person on that pitch stepped up. Gerrard in his pomp or at (21) would have had way more influence on that game than a superficial Barkley who again, failed to live up to the hype.

Barkley may progress a bit with age but he won't suddenly wake up one morning and magically be world class, it doesn't happen like that in football, it's from the get-go you that you know there is something special about a player. And while Barkley has good technique he hasn't worked out how to influence a game properly and consistently with the ability he does have.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Good player, with the potential to be a very good player but as it stands IMO, he's over hyped.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #497: Oct 05, 2015 03:10:56 am
      Ings, Skrtel or Sakho for me, all three at least showed something today

Agreed. I would nudge it towards our center halves and at a push give it to Skertel. I thought he dealt quite well with their beast. Although at one point I thought Sahko was going to rip Lukaku's head off and sh*t down his throat.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #498: Oct 07, 2015 12:36:32 pm
      The result was our 6th game unbeaten in all competitions, the second longest of all top flight clubs.

Ten years ago, we were getting demolished at home by Mourinho, had just 7 points, and firmly plonked in the bottom half of the league. 8 games in this year, we're 6 points behind the leaders, and 3 points off what the owners want, halfway through the toughest trips of the season. We took a point in the derby, where Chelsea lost. We took a point at Arsenal, where the mancs lost. Their coaches are still in place, however these are invaluable results which give us something to build on and hopefully will stand to us, as the season goes on.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #499: Oct 07, 2015 12:57:57 pm
      The result was our 6th game unbeaten in all competitions, the second longest of all top flight clubs.

Ten years ago, we were getting demolished at home by Mourinho, had just 7 points, and firmly plonked in the bottom half of the league. 8 games in this year, we're 6 points behind the leaders, and 3 points off what the owners want, halfway through the toughest trips of the season. We took a point in the derby, where Chelsea lost. We took a point at Arsenal, where the mancs lost. Their coaches are still in place, however these are invaluable results which give us something to build on and hopefully will stand to us, as the season goes on.
      Still taking digs at Rafa   :o.

You seriously are obsessed with him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #500: Oct 07, 2015 02:53:08 pm

Rodgers still won F**k all!! Rafa whether it was 2005 or 2006 still won a trophy!!  >:D

You must of been gutted that Rodgers couldn't beat Rafa's win ratio of games won as manager of LFC  ;D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #501: Oct 07, 2015 11:21:44 pm
      He was 3% short, with half the time available and 50 odd players less brought in, before you mention no Arbeloa, Alonso, Masch, Torres, Keane, Kuyt, Babel to call upon every week, nor Gerrard and Carra in their prime. On balance, 52% is quite impressive in those circumstances.

October 2005 saw another title challenge in ruins. Today, we're 6 points behind with 30 games to go, and with all our big home games remaining. Plenty of time to reel it in.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #502: Oct 07, 2015 11:30:43 pm
      Oh I accidentaly voted Coutinho instead of Moreno (in case someone was wondering who MOMed Couti who had a rather poor game).
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #503: Oct 08, 2015 06:04:50 am
      He was 3% short, with half the time available and 50 odd players less brought in, before you mention no Arbeloa, Alonso, Masch, Torres, Keane, Kuyt, Babel to call upon every week, nor Gerrard and Carra in their prime. On balance, 52% is quite impressive in those circumstances.

October 2005 saw another title challenge in ruins. Today, we're 6 points behind with 30 games to go, and with all our big home games remaining. Plenty of time to reel it in.
      Too bad in 2005 Masch,Torres,Arbeloa,Keane,Kuyt weren't even signed yet you bang the drum about Rafa every f**king time like you don't have anything else to do in your life.

Honestly i've yet to see any of your post showing joy about Klopp coming instead you are whinning all the time without any specific reason whilst taking every oppurtunity to take digs at Rafa.I'm pretty sick of your baseless bollocks.

Quick Reply