Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who Will Take Charge?

Jürgen Klopp
      (83.1%)
      Carlo Ancelotti
      (11.6%)
      Frank De Boer
      (2.2%)
      Somebody Else
      (3.1%)

The Next Manager of Liverpool FC?

Read 78975 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: The Next Manager of Liverpool FC?
      Reply #483: Oct 06, 2015 09:18:38 am
      You have to give credit to FSG if what has been reported is true---i.e., they were going to get rid of Rodgers no matter what the result in the derby. 

Because they saw a chance, possibly a once in a generation chance, to get a manager like Klopp who could be with us for the next twenty years.  Rodgers was never going to be that man.  We could've stuck with him and his never-ending formational changes and lack of identity, playing players out of position and hoping it comes off.  And maybe we would've won a cup or something at some point.

But with Klopp we have a unique opportunity to bring someone with clout, experience, and nous to the club.  I still think that we won't ever truly be "back" as a big club until we win the league.  Champions League is fine but until we win the league we won't be able to be up there consistently.  And we need a manager who knows how to win a league---to pace players throughout the season, to rotate them when they need to be rotated etc.  Klopp has done that with BVB.  Rodgers never did.  Hell he didn't even win the Championship with Swansea, they had to get promoted through the playoffs.

So I give FSG credit for it.  It shows they're not as ambition-less as some of us thought.  Everyone goes on and on about wage bills etc, how the FSG model doesn't work.  The truth is we don't know if it works or not because we have never REALLY tried it.  We weren't going to buy older players but we spent £20m on Downing, £25m on Lallana etc.  We weren't going to overpay for "Premier League proven talent" or for players who are consistently injured but we paid a ridiculous fee for Lovren and now we've got Benteke who has a terrible injury record.

I would love to see us really try the FSG model with Klopp.  Give him £25m and see who he spends it on.  Give him £32m and see who he spends it on.  I would bet that the model would work fine, i.e., incentive based contracts etc, with the right players.  But we haven't bought the right players.  We've bought mostly mediocre players. 

The approach may not work.  But it's not like we've really given it a shot.  Hopefully we can see if it has any real potential with Klopp.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #484: Oct 06, 2015 09:23:39 am
      I don't know Jürgen Klopp or his career too well but I know it better than I did Brendan's before he came here. Nobody can guarantee success it is largely about finance and a good manager but as FSG are not going anytime soon we needed a change at the club . Sacking the coaching staff in the summer left a lot of questions and if itis Klopp he will bring his own in so its all change and it will be up to the players to respond and some of them need to reflect on their own performances since coming here. If they do not respond they need to go.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #485: Oct 06, 2015 09:24:45 am
      Sh*t End forum with your fellow racist Chavs is the place for you.

Anyway, Melissa Reddy wrote this on Anfield Wrap ( y'know that site run by real Liverpool fans who respect our managers....):

"Last year, the manager heard that a young employee at the club — not one in his sphere of Melwood — was undergoing life-changing surgery. The night before the patient-to-be was due into hospital to prepare for the operation, he received a phone call off Rodgers, who encouraged him to be brave and think not of the procedure, but of the betterment that would follow it. It touched him, and even now, the lad cannot fully articulate how much that gesture from the boss meant to him."

What a total c**t of a man Brendan was.

I wonder if Brendan sad the same to his ex-wife about the divorce process, before he shacked up with his secretary, yeah you stay classy Brendan.

Anyway who cares about Brendan, that fucktard has thankfully left the club now so all you guys who embraced medicrity for so long can either jump on the Klopp train or F**k off and support Aston Villa or a similarly ambitious club.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #486: Oct 06, 2015 09:32:57 am
      I wonder if Brendan sad the same to his ex-wife about the divorce process, before he shacked up with his secretary, yeah you stay classy Brendan.

Anyway who cares about Brendan, that fucktard has thankfully left the club now so all you guys who embraced medicrity for so long can either jump on the Klopp train or f**k off and support Aston Villa or a similarly ambitious club.

No need for childish insults.

Brendan did the best he could at this club and always showed respect for Liverpool.

Unfortunately for him his best wasn't good enough to move the club forward.

But he was still a manager of this great club for over three years so show a little respect and leave the insults out.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #487: Oct 06, 2015 09:41:25 am

Anyway who cares about Brendan, that fucktard has thankfully left the club now so all you guys who embraced medicrity for so long can either jump on the Klopp train or f**k off and support Aston Villa or a similarly ambitious club.

Yeah, because if you don't think Brendan is a "fucktard" your a Villa fan and can't join the "Klopp" train..

Such basic logic... 

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #488: Oct 06, 2015 09:49:36 am
      You have to give credit to FSG if what has been reported is true---i.e., they were going to get rid of Rodgers no matter what the result in the derby. 

Because they saw a chance, possibly a once in a generation chance, to get a manager like Klopp who could be with us for the next twenty years.  Rodgers was never going to be that man.  We could've stuck with him and his never-ending formational changes and lack of identity, playing players out of position and hoping it comes off.  And maybe we would've won a cup or something at some point.

But with Klopp we have a unique opportunity to bring someone with clout, experience, and nous to the club.  I still think that we won't ever truly be "back" as a big club until we win the league.  Champions League is fine but until we win the league we won't be able to be up there consistently.  And we need a manager who knows how to win a league---to pace players throughout the season, to rotate them when they need to be rotated etc.  Klopp has done that with BVB.  Rodgers never did.  Hell he didn't even win the Championship with Swansea, they had to get promoted through the playoffs.

So I give FSG credit for it.  It shows they're not as ambition-less as some of us thought.  Everyone goes on and on about wage bills etc, how the FSG model doesn't work.  The truth is we don't know if it works or not because we have never REALLY tried it.  We weren't going to buy older players but we spent £20m on Downing, £25m on Lallana etc.  We weren't going to overpay for "Premier League proven talent" or for players who are consistently injured but we paid a ridiculous fee for Lovren and now we've got Benteke who has a terrible injury record.

I would love to see us really try the FSG model with Klopp.  Give him £25m and see who he spends it on.  Give him £32m and see who he spends it on.  I would bet that the model would work fine, i.e., incentive based contracts etc, with the right players.  But we haven't bought the right players.  We've bought mostly mediocre players. 

The approach may not work.  But it's not like we've really given it a shot.  Hopefully we can see if it has any real potential with Klopp.

We should of had a manager like Klopp or Ancillotti four years ago. And to make out like it is a once in a generation opportunity is nonsance,

we were able to get Rafa when he was employed. Frank de Boer has stated how he would like to manage us.

FSG come out of this with very little credit

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #489: Oct 06, 2015 09:55:58 am
      Yeah, because if you don't think Brendan is a "fucktard" your a Villa fan and can't join the "Klopp" train..

Such basic logic... 

No you're absolutely right, how dare I describe a manager who struggles to beat a team of the stature of Carlisle, (mid table 3 divisions below Liverpool), as a fucktard. As for all the Brendan apologists I firmly believe that they must embrace mediocrity, nothing else makes sense to me as by the very definition of the word Brendan is mediocre. That being the case a team like Aston Villa would be much better suit for them.

Hope I've been able to join the dots for you know.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #490: Oct 06, 2015 10:06:08 am
      All managers and all teams have bad times, look around, Chelsea!. Klopp lost 5 on the bounce at one time, do that in the prem and you are a sitting duck, managers and players are not robots.

How many managers have a sh*t season and a half without showing any signs of improvement, whilst pissing away a crap load of money and still expect to survive?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #491: Oct 06, 2015 10:13:47 am
      No need for childish insults.

Brendan did the best he could at this club and always showed respect for Liverpool.

Unfortunately for him his best wasn't good enough to move the club forward.

But he was still a manager of this great club for over three years so show a little respect and leave the insults out.

Had that particular tool on ignore for years, if my memory serves he was the first the option to blank was gratefully taken up.
      The post you speak of is no better example of the F***ing drivel he is capable of, amazed he is still here to be honest.

On topic:
      Klopp has said he is prepared to work with a transfer committee but he must have the final word on any signings.
      No doubt FSG will have issues with those comments and see them as a contradiction in terms.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #492: Oct 06, 2015 10:17:04 am
      No you're absolutely right, how dare I describe a manager who struggles to beat a team of the stature of Carlisle, (mid table 3 divisions below Liverpool), as a fucktard. As for all the Brendan apologists I firmly believe that they must embrace mediocrity, nothing else makes sense to me as by the very definition of the word Brendan is mediocre. That being the case a team like Aston Villa would be much better suit for them.

Hope I've been able to join the dots for you know.

Where did I imply I needed dots connecting? Where did I say you can't even call him a "fucktard"..?

I'm specifically talking about your warped logic that claims us fans that don't refer to him the same way you do, results in us not being able to join the "Klopp" train and that we should support Villa ?.. *sighs*

We're less of a fan for not referring to our former manager (who's actually left now) as a "fucktard"..?

Dumb logic lad.. Really dumb logic.... In my opinion of course..
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #493: Oct 06, 2015 10:28:35 am
      Seen this on FB...F***ing smartarse!!

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #494: Oct 06, 2015 10:29:52 am
      So Neil Warnock is our new manager... always had him at the top of my list

:)
      Haha nice one .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #495: Oct 06, 2015 10:34:22 am
      Usual Suspects .
      Someone pulled Frankly's post again. Tut tut.

Ladies.

I don't give a sh*t what you think or what you don't.

The fraud (used 5 times by other members within last couple of days ) has gone.

Im not biting.  Its over.

Here's a little something for you Brendan luvvies

For someone who preaches the mantra of "the good ol' days" I'm glad i wasn't around to witness it if people like you were the norm.

Haven't come across someone who shows complete disrespect for someone who tried their best to make something work and fell short.

Have you met the man? Has he ever hurt you? Or do you just like being a complete c**t for the sake of it?

F***ing ironic isn't it? Someone who grew up in our finest era turned out to be the most childish, toy-throwing pr**k on this forum during this day and age known for childish, toy-throwing pricks!

Anyway who cares about Brendan, that fucktard has thankfully left the club now so all you guys who embraced medicrity for so long can either jump on the Klopp train or F**k off and support Aston Villa or a similarly ambitious club.

So now you're the one telling people to back the manager?

No, no, no, my dear heimdall. You can F**k off and support Villa. We'll be better off for it.

Since when was divorce a crime? Are you implying that by divorcing his ex-wife he has become a bad person? You have no idea about his private life but you feel free to make comments about it as if he even cares what you think.

To think where this club was 5 years ago to now and all the mess in between, that someone like Brendan is copping the most amount of vile abuse reflects more on you than anything. Hodgson couldn't hold his tongue when he had the chance to put the club down if it made him look better and he's continued to stick the knife in after he was put out on his arse. Not even he was subject to the amount of crap i have seen on here.

Brendan, even after being sacked, showed more humility than any of you pricks. Probably the biggest job of his career has ended and he still had nothing but kind words and encouragement.

Maybe learn a lesson from the man you so quickly want to kick down.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #496: Oct 06, 2015 10:36:18 am
      Good luck to BR and his next job. I personally wasn't enamoured by the self-help guru approach. Calling an employee to wish them well can be viewed many ways as can leaving your wife. I do think the last one created unnecessary distractions. However he's 42 and if learns from this then he should do well. He got 7 million to boot so I think he'll be fine in any event.

Jürgen Klopp, I'm almost as excited as when I heard Rafa was coming. Even though I liked houllier at the time I knew his time had come just like BRs had.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #497: Oct 06, 2015 10:37:29 am
      I'm not in the least bit surprised by the Firmino/Benteke signings and how they apparently came about, but if ever a situation demonstrated how ludicrous our committee system had become it's this one. Brendan didn't want Firmino (based on what I've seen so far I don't blame him) but didn't kick off about that one as long as they rubber stamped Benteke. What an absolutely f*cking ludicrous sitiatuion, and what a terrible way to run a football club.

Just about the ONLY possible explanation which could make the whole thing make any sense whatsoever is if it were Klopp in the background secretly pulling the transfer strings since the Summer. It's possible I suppose, but pretty unlikely too as they'd have been better off just sticking him in charge and not having to pay off Brendans new coaching staff. Whoever comes in as new manager, we must surely be able to cobble together a more sensible system than this. 
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #498: Oct 06, 2015 10:37:51 am
      We'll look like right tits if it's not Klopp. :laugh:

I suppose we can't help but be excited though!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #499: Oct 06, 2015 10:56:44 am
      My translation of this Bild article about Klopp from this morning (they apparently ran into him in a carpark in Leverkusen):

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/herr-klopp-was-ist-mit-liverpool-42900140.bild.html

Mr. Klopp, what's going on with Liverpool?
      Jürgen Klopp (48) and Liverpool F.C. -- it would be a footballing "match made in heaven."

After the sacking of Brendan Rodgers (42), the former BVB coach is on the brink of signing [for LFC].

Where was Klopp yesterday?  In Leverkusen, not in Liverpool....

BILD found him at the conference for the Bundes Deutscher Fußball-Lehrer in BayArena:

"Hello Mr. Klopp, what's the story with Liverpool?"

Klopp: "There's nothing to say.  Neither here nor there.  I'm on my way home now."

Then he laughed and disappeared from the carpark at 13:26, in the best of moods.

Klopp isn't the only candidate for the club currently in tenth place in the Premier League.  Carlo Ancelotti himself (56) is already in England.

The Italian, who with AC Milan and Real Madrid has won the Champions League three times, is hesitating a bit though.

The feeling from the Liverpool fans however is clearly in favour of "Kloppo."

Former German national team player Didi Hamann (42) said to Sky: "Jürgen would be perfectly suited [for LFC].  He fits perfectly with the Liverpool mentality.  Emotions need to be stirred here again."

The former Liverpool star Jamie Redknapp: "He's a bit crazy, but I like him."

If you take the bookies' word, Klopp will definitely be the new manager.

Ladbrokes has suspended betting on Klopp because they are convinced he will take over the Reds.

Nevertheless: getting rid of Rodgers might prove to be very costly for Liverpool.  The Northern Ireland man is entitled to nearly 17 million euros.

Klopp, meanwhile, still has plenty of money left over...

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #500: Oct 06, 2015 11:05:17 am
      My translation of this Bild article about Klopp from this morning (they apparently ran into him in a carpark in Leverkusen):

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/herr-klopp-was-ist-mit-liverpool-42900140.bild.html

Mr. Klopp, what's going on with Liverpool?
      Jürgen Klopp (48) and Liverpool F.C. -- it would be a footballing "match made in heaven."

After the sacking of Brendan Rodgers (42), the former BVB coach is on the brink of signing [for LFC].

Where was Klopp yesterday?  In Leverkusen, not in Liverpool....

BILD found him at the conference for the Bundes Deutscher Fußball-Lehrer in BayArena:

"Hello Mr. Klopp, what's the story with Liverpool?"

Klopp: "There's nothing to say.  Neither here nor there.  I'm on my way home now."

Then he laughed and disappeared from the carpark at 13:26, in the best of moods.

Klopp isn't the only candidate for the club currently in tenth place in the Premier League.  Carlo Ancelotti himself (56) is already in England.

The Italian, who with AC Milan and Real Madrid has won the Champions League three times, is hesitating a bit though.

The feeling from the Liverpool fans however is clearly in favour of "Kloppo."

Former German national team player Didi Hamann (42) said to Sky: "Jürgen would be perfectly suited [for LFC].  He fits perfectly with the Liverpool mentality.  Emotions need to be stirred here again."

The former Liverpool star Jamie Redknapp: "He's a bit crazy, but I like him."

If you take the bookies' word, Klopp will definitely be the new manager.

Ladbrokes has suspended betting on Klopp because they are convinced he will take over the Reds.

Nevertheless: getting rid of Rodgers might prove to be very costly for Liverpool.  The Northern Ireland man is entitled to nearly 17 million euros.

Klopp, meanwhile, still has plenty of money left over...

It still baffles me how managers get the rest of their contract after a load of sh*t performances.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #501: Oct 06, 2015 11:08:41 am
      Usual Suspects .
      Someone pulled Frankly's post again. Tut tut.

Ladies.

I don't give a sh*t what you think or what you don't.

The fraud (used 5 times by other members within last couple of days ) has gone.

Im not biting.  Its over.

Here's a little something for you Brendan luvvies

Got to be honest - I pulled my own post. Reading back I thought it was pointless getting involved with your worryingly obsessive hate of the man. (The fact you think the forum heavies have your back and you think you can warn people who threaten to embarrass you is cute if not touched by a degree of sadness for a 'veteran' like you and who's very proud to show it on every opportunity like some kind of fu**ed up Uncle Albert)

There's enough children on this site as it is. Don't need to descend further by getting involved in the pre school antics of others. It wouldn't be so sad if you weren't so aged and 'proud'.
      « Last Edit: Oct 06, 2015 01:47:48 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #502: Oct 06, 2015 11:09:27 am
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #503: Oct 06, 2015 11:14:28 am
      May have already been said, but somebody in work told me Jürgen's brother Cliperty my be interested in the job !
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #504: Oct 06, 2015 11:31:08 am

Right first time.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #505: Oct 06, 2015 11:31:51 am
      But Debs, you mentioned signing "unknown players for small fees", as if that was our policy (if I understood correctly, which I probably didn't)?

Rodgers spent some £60M this season in 2 players alone, so this is hardly the case.

Valid point Diego.

I'm sure you thought it through, before you posted it, so you'll be well aware that this 'fact' ["Rodgers" - not the club, not the committee but Rodgers "spent" £60m] raises a few points for debate.

* Was it prudent for our owners, (who were said to be thinking of sacking a manager, in the summer), to then give him control over a transfer kitty of £60m(+)?

* Was the hope that things might just work out really worth a £60m - £70m gamble?

* Or... could it be that he was told "here's who's coming, like it or leave"?

* Heck, it could even be (rather than risking so much money on Brendan's judgment, knowing it might fail) that they merely continued with a laid out plan. Who knows?

Anyhow, back to Klopp... maybe I've imagined this but wasn't he linked with/tried to sign both Benteke and Firmino?  :-\

Quick Reply