Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Players for the chop now Rodgers has gone?

Read 24221 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Players for the chop now Rodgers has gone?
      Reply #184: Oct 15, 2015 05:43:17 pm
      Sturridge, Sakho, Firmino, Clyne, Henderson at a minimum. Likely others are debateably as well. If not, then what was the use of getting a shiny new manager?

Because a new manager is cheaper than buying a whole new team ?

:)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #185: Oct 15, 2015 05:45:28 pm
      Fair enough mate. I mistook your "bull in a china shop" analogy for meaning that's all you thought he had to his game.

I will explain myself better next time.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #186: Oct 16, 2015 01:29:03 pm
      Nobody is for the chop. clean slate for all.

Come back at xmas and ask same question.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #187: Oct 16, 2015 01:30:28 pm
      I never said that's the only thing to his game, I was merely pointing out that Henderson has one of the key things to his game that Klopp likes in his midfielders. I actually like him as a player hence why I've selected him in previous line ups that I'd like to see. I've also said I'd like to see him play the odd game behind the striker and see how he gets on because he could provide a few goal scoring opportunities and it'd also fit in with the "defend from the front" philosophy.

One of the problems I have with Skrtel is he struggles to manage the back line. Half of the time he's pointing to stuff but there's nothing coming out of his mouth so it's hard for players to understand what he's instructing them to do. Another thing - could be either natural instinct or the system - is he defends far too deep, especially on set pieces. It gives the opposition so many goal scoring opportunities. A corner will come in and more often than not he's not marking anybody of any threat, the ball then gets cleared and when we should be charging out Skrtel is still camped out well inside our own box.

I'm hoping that the manager either comes up with a system whereby this isn't a problem or he makes it an area for improvement next summer (keeper also.

I'm not gonna pick on any 1 player, our defending has been sh1te since Rafa. End off.

As you say hopefully Klopp will brings some solidity.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #188: Oct 17, 2015 01:09:23 am
      As someone said above, it's a clean slate and a fresh start.

I can see a few players that have been sidelined or derided by the media really starting to push on and show their true worth.

Equally well, I can easily see a few players that we like / rate getting exposed by what I perceive to be Klopp's way of playing and being moved on.

It just feels good to know that our club is in safe, talented and hugely ambitious hands on the management and coaching side.

I have absolute faith that whoever is sold or brought in will be done so with absolute clarity for the present and future.
      Haven't been able to feel that way in a long long time.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #189: Oct 17, 2015 09:55:52 am
      As someone said above, it's a clean slate and a fresh start.

I can see a few players that have been sidelined or derided by the media really starting to push on and show their true worth.

Equally well, I can easily see a few players that we like / rate getting exposed by what I perceive to be Klopp's way of playing and being moved on.

It just feels good to know that our club is in safe, talented and hugely ambitious hands on the management and coaching side.

I have absolute faith that whoever is sold or brought in will be done so with absolute clarity for the present and future.
      Haven't been able to feel that way in a long long time.

I agree mate.  It's great to be confident that if players leave it's because they aren't offering enough but that who replaces them will.

As you say, it's been a long time since I had that faith in our Manager.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #190: Oct 22, 2015 10:25:42 pm
      Any additions to the list two games in ... ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #191: Oct 22, 2015 10:43:47 pm

what does it say about our 15 loan players if they cant get into this side.just WTF has been going on at Anfield these past few years
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #192: Oct 22, 2015 10:47:21 pm

One to add and one to take off for me.

Origi isn't going to make it, that's clear as day.

Lallana though, he was on the initial list that I agreed with, right now he's done enough to get his name well and truly taken off the out list. He's done enough to be a regular starter right now. Will be music to FL's ears but under Klopp he is embracing everything being asked of him, is moving the ball much quicker, is making much more decisive runs and is looking like he is ready to break out if just a bit of quality was up there with him.

Very impressed with Adam under this new regime so well in to him for that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #193: Oct 22, 2015 10:56:11 pm
      One to add and one to take off for me.

Origi isn't going to make it, that's clear as day.

Lallana though, he was on the initial list that I agreed with, right now he's done enough to get his name well and truly taken off the out list. He's done enough to be a regular starter right now. Will be music to FL's ears but under Klopp he is embracing everything being asked of him, is moving the ball much quicker, is making much more decisive runs and is looking like he is ready to break out if just a bit of quality was up there with him.

Very impressed with Adam under this new regime so well in to him for that.

Lallana and Sakho have been excellent in Klopp's two matches so far. Wonderful attitude from the pair of them. Sakho - imperious. Scarily looks stronger than Hyypia! Lallana - makes the runs, picks up the balls and just seems to be on a more intelligent level than the players around him. Such a shame that Coutinho, Milner and Origi have not replicated and taken advantage of Lallana's positivity.

Origi? Hmmmm. It is very early to judge but I fear you are right. Worrying how he didn't or couldn't make the runs in behind defence. Starting to come deep to pick up the ball ala Wayne Rooney which is not encouraging in the slightest. Don't think this guy has much football intelligence in all honesty.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #194: Oct 22, 2015 10:59:22 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #195: Oct 22, 2015 11:02:13 pm
      Think Allen has cemented his place on this list.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #196: Oct 22, 2015 11:39:21 pm
      Bye Joe.

Just awful. Got megged, elbowed and gave it away twice in his first couple of tastes of the action.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #197: Oct 23, 2015 07:53:42 am
      Bye Joe.

Just awful. Got megged, elbowed and gave it away twice in his first couple of tastes of the action.

Spot on John he gets paid as a professional footballer under false pretences.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #198: Oct 23, 2015 12:02:34 pm
      Personally think Allen takes way too much stick, he is a very good player IMO & the wales managers.

But last night he was rotten, don't like seeing players hooked ta HT, but he did have a bad 1st half.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #199: Oct 23, 2015 01:52:03 pm
      Personally think Allen takes way too much stick, he is a very good player IMO & the wales managers.

But last night he was rotten, don't like seeing players hooked ta HT, but he did have a bad 1st half.

I think he was taken off because he was booked mate... obviously the decision was made much easier because of the way Allen was performing. If he had been playing well it might have been worth taking the risk and leaving him on.

I am getting to the stage now were I think he just won't make it here, he just doesn't offer enough to the team, but might be worth keeping as a versatile squad player.   
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #200: Oct 23, 2015 01:57:44 pm
      First 3 names in the transfer list:

- Skrtel
      - Allen
      - Milner

If we can replace these 3 with better options who fit the manager's formation and tactics then we will look very strong.

Edit:  Milner is a curious one. I was thrilled when we signed him, but I don't think he fits into Klopp's philosophy. He isn't a CDM nor is he a DLPM, and I don't think he has the quality to feature in the attacking midfield trio..... Perhaps he could be kept as a utility player super sub, but will he be happy with that? Is he worth the wages we pay him for that type of role?
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2015 02:07:54 pm by harrydunn08 »
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,338 posts | 1010 
      Reply #201: Oct 23, 2015 02:44:57 pm
      what does it say about our 15 loan players if they cant get into this side.just WTF has been going on at Anfield these past few years

I think that's a question most of us would like answered.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #202: Oct 23, 2015 02:46:44 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #203: Oct 23, 2015 02:47:28 pm
      I think he was taken off because he was booked mate... obviously the decision was made much easier because of the way Allen was performing. If he had been playing well it might have been worth taking the risk and leaving him on.

I am getting to the stage now were I think he just won't make it here, he just doesn't offer enough to the team, but might be worth keeping as a versatile squad player.   

Never thought about the Yellow card tbh.

Yea I don't think he is a starter ahead of Hendo, milner, lucas & can. Decent squad player, this is what people forget we can't fill a squad with top top players. He is decent for the squad.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #204: Oct 23, 2015 02:51:51 pm
      Never thought about the Yellow card tbh.

Yea I don't think he is a starter ahead of Hendo, milner, lucas & can. Decent squad player, this is what people forget we can't fill a squad with top top players. He is decent for the squad.

The thing with our squad is those top top players are few and far between. Nevermind filling a 25 man squad with those top players, we don't have enough of them in the starting 11 right now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #205: Oct 23, 2015 04:02:20 pm

Shows the level of ambition most of our players have at the moment, as long as they can run from A to B and have a pass completion of around 50% then its "GOOD JOB" in their mind! This shower of sh*te Brendan "no cups or honours" Rodgers left us with is so depressing
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #206: Oct 23, 2015 04:22:05 pm
      With Joe I go back to my point earlier today, when was the last time he altered the direction of a game by something which he did? An assist when it was 0-0, maybe a goal, a block on the line, a crucial tackle, perhaps a tactical job where he screened out a top striker, even a game in which he kept possession ticking over with one touch passing, where he was constantly available and dictated the pace of the game with his perceptive probing?

If Joe thinks he's done that anytime recently than I must have missed the game (or I suppose it's possible that I am completely clueless). If he's honest though he'll know it simply hasn't happened, and it needs to from a Liverpool midfielder.

Quick Reply