Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528440 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #12098: Feb 28, 2017 09:25:39 am
      I think Klopp is the type of guy who would say 'I can't take this team any further', and step aside.

He just seems that sort of guy. A passionate man who takes it personally, and will think it was the right thing to do. He takes full responsibility for it all, more or less. That's admirable and all that. Not saying he will, not saying he should, and not saying he will do it anytime soon, but I would not be surprised if he did at some point in the future.

Again though, I am not saying he will or should, I am just saying this is what I think, based on what I have seen and heard from the guy.

Bit of a neither here nor there post, so just to keep it current, in the summer, should Klopp strengthen the squad, or first 11?

Problem for me in not strengthen in January is this: Let's say we need 5 players to challenge. Ok, so you buy 1 player in January, and perhaps a couple of supporters are saying "Only one?" But come the summer transfer window, you now only need four players to strengthen. So for me, we always have this huge rebuilding programme because we are not chipping away at it.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #12099: Feb 28, 2017 09:30:59 am
      I can only talk for myself, but I've got absolutely the same faith in Jürgen as I had before he arrived. If he has a good team filled with good players, and a strong squad with alternatives, he is up there with the best managers around. While it is now becoming game by game ever more obvious that you can't prosper in England with negative NET spends, ceilings on players ages (big money players), ceilings on player wages much lower than your rivals, tiny squads with no options/replacements etc etc I never thought you could in the first place so I haven't changed my view one per cent. Give him the tools (or the means to get those tools) and IMHO we've got a very good chance he'll do the job.

As for those who believed that it WAS possible to win the league and prosper without actually spending any money, and took every chance to mock or belittle anybody who even slightly disagreed, they are noticeably quiet this morning. We often mock those who "only turn up after a defeat" on here, but there are becoming plenty who only turn up after a win too.

Brendan Rodgers never got this benefit of doubt. I fully understand investment is massively important but are you seriously saying he's so hamstrung that Lucas/Klavan is the best 3rd defender we can manage? A right footed left back? Hod it and dod it in goal? He's not making the best of the tools he does have and needs to take a big slice of responsibility for the mess we've been in since Bournemouth
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #12100: Feb 28, 2017 09:36:46 am
      This makes for some interesting reading, can't say I think it's the right way to go about things if it's the normal routine.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-stars-left-depressed-Jürgen-9925096
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #12101: Feb 28, 2017 09:41:28 am
      This makes for some interesting reading, can't say I think it's the right way to go about things if it's the normal routine.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-stars-left-depressed-Jürgen-9925096

Will posters stop quoting Duncan Castles FFS.

Do you lot know anything about this so called journalist.

littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #12102: Feb 28, 2017 09:55:41 am
      I'm starting to lose faith as well, after the last two months give or take a result and a week or two, I think it's more or less natural. But I assume you are like me in that you have no axe to grind and are not saying that everyone else has to lose faith in him as well. It's just you.

And we're more than happy to be proven wrong. It is a bit of a worry though because if Klopp can't lift us, who can? Perhaps he isn't the right man for the job, but whether he is or isn't, we just want Liverpool FC to win things. If it is with Klopp, brilliant, if it is with someone else, just as brilliant.

I always said a manager needs 3 seasons before a major decision should be made, but Klopp is not making it easy on himself.

It's good to question and criticise , who wants to be a sycophant ?  ,  because we all have an investment in the Club and how the team is run. It's an emotional investment as well as a financial one , so when clear and obvious mistakes are made and then repeated , questions have to be asked and disappointment shown .

I don't agree with the three seasons idea unless significant progress is made. You are constantly competing with 4 or 5 other teams already in a stronger position than you. So ground has to be gained EVERY season and not just incrementally .

If Jürgen thinks what he has now and what he added in the summer is setting us on our way , then he is going to fail. He is failing right now actually but seems to be unaware . What happened last night has not been addressed in his time at the club.

Too many times the team just don't turn up , then don't react after half time and then subs have little or no impact. Depressingly familiar , with almost all of the same cast giving us repeat performance's .

We are getting predictably worse and if you think for one moment that all the teams due to play us havn't figured us out ( and are actually banking on us stubbornly pressing ahead with the same flawed tactics and system )  then you better wrap up nice ' n ' cosy .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #12103: Feb 28, 2017 11:05:37 am
      Klopp must have seen enough by now to know there is not many players he can trust in this team barring maybe Clyne and Mane although he was poor last night.

Really need to get this off my chest as I hinted at in his player thread. Coutinho is on one hand our best player but on so many occasions against the likes of Leicester easily our worst player. As our best player we rely on him to set the tone for the rest of the team, yet he constantly gives the hall away or shoots from ridiculous positions, losing any momentum we build.

He has been here now 4 years and bar the year he played with Suarez and Gerrard has he really kicked on?
      As our best player does he know how to play against a low block team?

Him and Firmino can not be relied upon to win us games, and fair enough neither should be the only ones but the lack of quality options is sickening for a club of our size.

One of the ways on not relying on Coutinho and Firmino is to bring in a monstrous forward who will not only take the pressure off these guys but like Kane, Aguero, Costa etc single handily win a game when others are off form.
      Time to face up to the fact we have good attackers but they are not leaders and too easily go into their shell when the going is tough and it will be against teams scrapping for their lives.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #12104: Feb 28, 2017 11:45:38 am
      Given the vacuum of humourous "sarcasm" about disbanding the club, shooting the manager and all that I thought I'd have a try after yesterdays debacle.

Look, the squad really IS STRONG ENOUGH, infact it's one of the strongest in the league!!! You only had to look at our bench last night to see all the options and possibilities we had to realise that fact. And this is just a bliiiip, once we get all our players back fit and firing (don't forget we were missing Danny Ings and Marco Grujic last night) we'll p!ss the league.

Also, it ABSOLUTELY IS possible to win the qudruple and STILL make a profit on transfers.

These non believers and non superfans are doing my f****** head in!! Grrrrrr  :mad: :mad: :mad:

How did I do?  8)
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12105: Feb 28, 2017 11:50:57 am
      That article was by Duncan Castles, Mourinho's ring piece.

As said read in the Croatian media with no link to original article by Castles.

Anyway Klopp still the man for me he needs to start binning cu*ts in the summer and replacing them with players who are winners.

No Dahouds or Zielinskis either and if he's not backed by his hierarchy then he should come out and say as much.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #12106: Feb 28, 2017 12:13:23 pm
      Anyone think it's been a mistake to fill the majority of the back room staff, particularly the medical and fitness teams with guys who have worked mainly in Germany? Germany gets a 4-6 week winter break so these guys have always worked around that they aren't experienced in the rigours of a non-stop English schedule...just a thought
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #12107: Feb 28, 2017 12:27:31 pm
      Klopp can succeed but he has a lot of learning to do about this league.

He is not tactically flexible enough and he does not use periodisation properly in getting the players to peak fitness at the right time. Added to which he has always be suspect in picking a good keeper/back line combination.

Myself, and others, said this at the time his name was being bandied around when Brendan was still here and we were shouted down.

Looks as thought time has, once again, proven us right.

We have some major decisions to make in the run-in to the end of the season now. On current form we will finish 7th or 8th which is clearly not good enough.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #12108: Feb 28, 2017 12:31:06 pm
      Klopp can succeed but he has a lot of learning to do about this league.

He is not tactically flexible enough and he does not use periodisation properly in getting the players to peak fitness at the right time. Added to which he has always be suspect in picking a good keeper/back line combination.

Myself, and others, said this at the time his name was being bandied around when Brendan was still here and we were shouted down.

Looks as thought time has, once again, proven us right.

We have some major decisions to make in the run-in to the end of the season now. On current form we will finish 7th or 8th which is clearly not good enough.

Here is on cue Raymond's half brother expert on not only tactics but now also fitness!

wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #12109: Feb 28, 2017 12:33:21 pm
      klopp has to take chunks of the blame

he has brought in players that he clearly doesnt trust (klavan etc)

he has let an actual defender go out on loan (Sakho) and chosen to play midfielders in defence

he has not added quality in the right positions

we have no recognised striker that plays

no recognised left back

no recognised holding midfielder

he brought in 2 poor keepers in the summer

and struggles to pick the team up against anyone in the bottom half of the table

I dont want him sacked, just need him to fix up

and whilst hes doing that the club need to leave all the new contract and staff announcements to a time when it is most appropriate
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #12110: Feb 28, 2017 12:48:40 pm
      Given the vacuum of humourous "sarcasm" about disbanding the club, shooting the manager and all that I thought I'd have a try after yesterdays debacle.

Look, the squad really IS STRONG ENOUGH, infact it's one of the strongest in the league!!! You only had to look at our bench last night to see all the options and possibilities we had to realise that fact. And this is just a bliiiip, once we get all our players back fit and firing (don't forget we were missing Danny Ings and Marco Grujic last night) we'll p!ss the league.

Also, it ABSOLUTELY IS possible to win the qudruple and STILL make a profit on transfers.

These non believers and non superfans are doing my f****** head in!! Grrrrrr  :mad: :mad: :mad:

How did I do?  8)

RedDeb, is that really you?
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #12111: Feb 28, 2017 12:56:10 pm
      If I was Klopp I would have used the time before January - where Liverpool was looking well - to communicate that LFC looks better than it is and that it is still a work in progress, aiming 2019/20 as the first season for LFC to go intentionally for silverware (PL, FA, CL) again. Then Jürgen would have had better leverage by now and fans wouldn't be pissed because of the downfall. Matter of fact is that Jürgen is right on track, setbacks not only belong to that but are necessary to grow.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #12112: Feb 28, 2017 12:56:27 pm
      Here is on cue Raymond's half brother expert on not only tactics but now also fitness!

I apologise for being correct - I understand that it must be awfully frustrating for you following all the time you spent arguing.  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #12113: Feb 28, 2017 01:12:09 pm
      Will posters stop quoting Duncan Castles FFS.

Do you lot know anything about this so called journalist.

He's a F***ing manc-lover by the F***ing sound of it!!
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #12114: Feb 28, 2017 01:12:22 pm
      My only criticism is (& not only in this game) why would you have such a high line of defense when you know the main threat of the opposition is ball over the top and the pace of the striker?
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2017 01:34:46 pm by RobieSlick »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #12115: Feb 28, 2017 01:15:13 pm

Brendan Rodgers never got this benefit of doubt. I fully understand investment is massively important but are you seriously saying he's so hamstrung that Lucas/Klavan is the best 3rd defender we can manage? A right footed left back? Hod it and dod it in goal? He's not making the best of the tools he does have and needs to take a big slice of responsibility for the mess we've been in since Bournemouth

Yes he did, in his first season!! Second season he had a fully flying Suarez, the sh*t started flying in his third season after Suarez left.

That Newcastle manager is doing a good job though!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #12116: Feb 28, 2017 01:23:59 pm
      Yes he did, in his first season!! Second season he had a fully flying Suarez, the sh*t started flying in his third season after Suarez left.

That Newcastle manager is doing a good job though!!

Not too bad. I know they're second behind Brighton and have Huddersfield closing in, but I still think they'll win the league. Just goes to show though, having the best squad by absolutely miles doesn't in itself guarantee you'll run away with it. Celtic over the last few seasons have shown that (not this season obviously).

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #12117: Feb 28, 2017 01:30:59 pm
      Not too bad. I know they're second behind Brighton and have Huddersfield closing in, but I still think they'll win the league. Just goes to show though, having the best squad by absolutely miles doesn't in itself guarantee you'll run away with it. Celtic over the last few seasons have shown that (not this season obviously).

That was a bit of sarcastic humour to be fair!!
      Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #12118: Feb 28, 2017 02:03:15 pm
      I just hope and pray that Jürgen finishes the final 12 games or so with some degree of respect left from everyone, as he deserves to start next season.

He obviously hasn't adapted to kick and rush yet, also he hasn't improved our 50+ league goals (conceded) a season defence.

he has however got experience of turning a team into winners.

We are miles off top 4 and I would be happy with 6th now, just not a total free fall into 7th \ 8th please as that would have me worried about his future.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #12119: Feb 28, 2017 02:04:51 pm
      Come on Boss!

We go again
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #12120: Feb 28, 2017 02:14:22 pm
      Kloop has take some blame how F**k Lucas still here and not get defense midfielder in summer l think we need bring in least 5 players in summer get rid some sh*t Lucas can both as slow F**k

Quick Reply