Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1561890 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #1219: Oct 23, 2015 08:20:48 pm
      You look at the side in last two games, the blandfest against Ruben ... and we just look so F***ing ordinary...

In fairness, we've been poor for quite a while now. But reckon I was hoping Klopp would come in and 'do a Jesus', turn water into wine and get us a few decent results and turn things around quickly on the pitch ... but looks like it's going to take a while...

It's looking like a longer haul, the striking state is pretty F***ing miserable, and we lack xfactor across the middle.
      Maybe if he can make us brick solid at the back ... just that ... then maybe even our paltry odd goal will be enough in many games to scratch 3 pts.

After the initial euphoria of Klopp coming in, am feeling the reality after the honeymoon. He must also see the enormity of the challenge too.
      At least he's been there, done that ... reckon he will turn things around, eventually ...

I'll cheer the F**k up tomorrow...

Rome wasn't built as quick as Netherley mate.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1220: Oct 23, 2015 09:44:57 pm
      Who's going to buy him?

Maybe we could sell him for medical research?

:D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1221: Oct 23, 2015 10:23:48 pm
      In the last hours of Rodgers we smiled when he said we would need to  rebuild again.
      We thought then it to be a pathetic excuse.....
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1222: Oct 23, 2015 10:47:41 pm
      I don't think we need to rebuild, we just need a few players back from injury, were playing our 4th choice striker and inexperienced 20 year old in his first season in the English League.

Once we get a settled team and they adapt to Klopps methods we'll be ok, midfield could do with a freshen up as lets be honest we've got no one and I include Henderson who has the vision, game intelligence, weight of pass and range of passing dictating the midfield.

If were going to sign any one this January, I'd make Central Midfield priority, have control and composure in the middle of the park and it makes games a hell of a lot easier, remember the Alosno and Masch pairing, vast majority of games the whole team was in cruise control because those two dominated and won the midfield battle, it was only when we came up against similar quality sides in the most part where they had a real fight in midfield with the odd anomaly with a lower quality side, but for the most part I stand by what I originally said about the whole team being in cruise control because they dominated the middle of the park.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1223: Oct 23, 2015 11:21:34 pm
      In the last hours of Rodgers we smiled when he said we would need to  rebuild again.

We don't need to rebuild we need 2 or 3 top quality players. The type of quality Rodgers could not attract and Klopp can.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1224: Oct 24, 2015 12:14:24 am
      We don't need to rebuild we need 2 or 3 top quality players. The type of quality Rodgers could not attract and Klopp can.

No mate we need 2 or 3 players who understand how to play in Klopps team. They don't need to be top, top quality and they might already be at the Club but haven't yet come to the fore. 

He's had 2 weeks at the Club, has had 7 first teamers missing through injury, 2 of them just returned last night and most of our better youth prospects out on loan so he has no idea of who or what he needs yet.

I'm glad he's got another 9 weeks before he can hit the transfer market, it prevents knee jerk changes.  That doesn't mean we won't buy or sell in January, just that the squad has time to evolve before we rip it apart, again.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1225: Oct 24, 2015 03:42:21 am
      Any links to todays presser with the Klopp..?

Sorry - got it here.. No doubt removed very soon - apologies if I shouldn't have posted this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YCWKX2VW4Y

Love listening to him talk about football, absolutely on the money with everything he said there.

Not going to pull out little quotes because I was just simply in total agreement with everything he said but the one thing that resonated with me most and I think will be music to everyone's ears is how the biggest problem with our attack at the moment isn't the number of shots or the quality of build up play it's the "occupation" in the box and decision making of when we shoot. Could not agree with him more, our lads feel obliged to shoot at times when there are much better options and that results in them forcing or snapping at the shot, it's something I questioned about Brendan, we would shoot from wild angles, even resulting in CBs shooting from 40 yards it was a mess and it's now something that not only has to change but clearly will change.

Secondly the movement in the box needs to improve massively, as Jürgen said, front post, back post and people arriving in the middle. It's not rocket science but requires a level of understanding of each other in terms of what the other will do and basically repetition. Too often against Kezan we got in great positions to cross and by the time it arrived in the box the strikers/midfielders had moved nowhere, as if they were expecting the ball to simply arrive on their foot without effort. Occasionally this will happen, but more often than not you need that dynamic movement that creates the space for either yourself or the passing lane for the ball to find it's way further into the box than it would without your contribution. You could see this will be a main focus on our attacking training and will be what I'm looking out for as we progress further.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1226: Oct 24, 2015 07:49:22 am
      www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-says-liverpool-fc-fans-10323421

“It was not an enjoyable game any more – you know, ‘F---, even when Klopp is on the side we don’t win 8-0’. That’s the situation but we were still in the game and I could see the reaction of the team. They were not always calm enough, that’s the truth, but that’s something we have to learn."

Did he actually swear in the interview?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1227: Oct 24, 2015 08:18:49 am
      A sharp Sturridge, yes but he's been lacking match fitness. Once he's back we'll be alright, if he can stay fit. The problem is if we're going to play with a single striker, as Klopp's history suggests we will, we need clinical finishers in midfield to make up the goal tally.

Nah, even a non-sharp Sturridge is deadly and offers us much more in attack. See the Villa game.

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1228: Oct 24, 2015 09:05:34 am
      Totally agree that Studge is very important - but what is more important is what Klopp has been talking about.

Movement and players in the Box attacking the ball, allowing a cross to be something useful in oppose to a wasted ball. How many times over the last 2 years have we seen a cross go in - or the ball in a position where it could be put in - and only one player in the box against 4? This is what I want to see change. Also, the number of 'pot shots' we take needs to come down - to be honest its become a bit chronic... Its like Couthino has been told, shoot at any chance - your brilliant, go for it! 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1229: Oct 24, 2015 10:03:55 am

If were going to sign any one this January, I'd make Central Midfield priority, have control and composure in the middle of the park and it makes games a hell of a lot easier, remember the Alosno and Masch pairing, vast majority of games the whole team was in cruise control because those two dominated and won the midfield battle, it was only when we came up against similar quality sides in the most part where they had a real fight in midfield with the odd anomaly with a lower quality side, but for the most part I stand by what I originally said about the whole team being in cruise control because they dominated the middle of the park.

All agreed.
      Plus a top goalie and someone who can put the ball in the onion bag 20+ times a season

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1230: Oct 24, 2015 10:12:47 am
      All agreed.
      Plus a top goalie and someone who can put the ball in the onion bag 20+ times a season

I would like 3 or 4 who can put the ball in the onion bag 20+ times a season, I know I am a greedy b***ard
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #1231: Oct 24, 2015 10:26:01 am
      We will be much much better in the relatively near future. The gaffer and team know that they need to get the players adjusted to the operating rhythm that they expect. They started with pressing and we have seen a change.

Making good decisions at pace and having the confidence to back themselves and the plan comes next - but that will take time. This team have been playing without any devil or guile since Luis left. We've got increasingly flat in the last 18 months - that's why we shoot so much from distance - nobody is brave enough to break the line and either make a chance and enjoy the rewards or have to work their minerals off to get back........again that was enormously evident on Thursday.

I've no doubt the gaffer will make that easier for the players because he'll make it the minimum standard required - eventually.

In a sense that's where BR was unfortunate - our signing policy has been very flawed. That said it was very apparent was that his influence had ceased to be a positive, gone right past neutral and was now dragging everything down. That's why his position was untenable.

The real question for me is - how far can this lot go.......do they have the improvement in them to really hold a place at the top table? Personally I think that's a stretch.

As a bare minimum we need a few more who will put their body on the line for that jersey and the manager. 

Edit: By "body on the line" I don't just mean the last gasp tackle or the brave header - that's instinctive. I mean the bravery to make the run when your body is screaming with lactic acid. To gamble physically knowing that it will pay off once, then twice.......
      « Last Edit: Oct 24, 2015 10:47:42 am by Scotia »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1232: Oct 24, 2015 11:12:24 am
      I would like 3 or 4 who can put the ball in the onion bag 20+ times a season, I know I am a greedy b***ard

Four rotating strikers Billy .... what dreams are made of.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #1233: Oct 24, 2015 11:21:40 am

It was an excuse.

It was always going to take a couple of games for Klopp to get the players back to the level they should be at soon think some are over reacting a little to the last two results.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #1234: Oct 24, 2015 11:33:17 am
      It was an excuse.

It was always going to take a couple of games for Klopp to get the players back to the level they should be at soon think some are over reacting a little to the last two results.

On one hand I 100% agree Si - hence my point about being much much better soon. I believe that.

On the other I do think there are things lacking in the squad and overall I question the attitude as much as the talent. It's the good vs good enough debate for me.

Time will tell and things will continue to improve regardless - my question is how far these players can really go.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,056 posts | 343 
      Reply #1235: Oct 24, 2015 12:02:54 pm
      On one hand I 100% agree Si - hence my point about being much much better soon. I believe that.

On the other I do think there are things lacking in the squad and overall I question the attitude as much as the talent. It's the good vs good enough debate for me.

Time will tell and things will continue to improve regardless - my question is how far these players can really go.

Mine too.  I reckon there's half a dozen of the recent starters who will shine under Klopp, and just need a huge confidence boost that he will help with.  The main thing for me is that I'm desperate for more instinctive, one touch play in the final third, and this is going to need players who feel good about their game, are enjoying playing for us, and are prepared to take the risk of looking foolish now and again in order to do something inspired and instantaneous that might break open a defence. 
      Here's hoping the fans get behind the lads today, and get off their backs.  And that Der Kloppenmeister gets them believing in themselves.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1236: Oct 24, 2015 12:26:04 pm
      Jürgen Klopp has told supporters that he cannot create a ''genius plan'' when his new side are not Bayern Munich or Barcelona.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1237: Oct 24, 2015 12:43:09 pm
      Jürgen Klopp has told supporters that he cannot create a ''genius plan'' when his new side are not Bayern Munich or Barcelona.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

Well, at least Klopp isn't trying to fool anybody.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1238: Oct 24, 2015 01:05:56 pm
      Apparently we are getting a new club doctor according to Graeme Kelly

Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt. Summer.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #1239: Oct 24, 2015 01:07:48 pm

He sounds foreign s@int - Austrian?

:f_tongueincheek:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1240: Oct 24, 2015 01:09:03 pm

Hands down the best name I've ever seen :D Can he play as a striker too?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1241: Oct 24, 2015 01:11:15 pm
      He sounds foreign s@int - Austrian?

:f_tongueincheek:

Ex Bayern doctor.

Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt is not just any old sawbones. He was, for a time, International Rescue for the world’s leading athletes. Michael Owen says he saved his career; so does Jamie Redknapp.
      His list of clients reads like a who’s who of modern sport: Jürgen Klinsmann, Usain Bolt, Steven Gerrard, Jose Maria Olazabal, Will Greenwood, Paula Radcliffe, Dame Kelly Holmes, Giorgio Chiellini, Darren Gough, Maurice Greene, the German national football team. He was also, from April 1, 1977 to last Thursday, the head physician for Bayern Munich.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3046158/Why-Hans-Wilhelm-Muller-Wohlfahrt-s-Bayern-Munich-exit-make-Manchester-City-worry-Pep-Guardiola.html#ixzz3pUEbdaXS
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quick Reply