Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1529781 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #12696: May 07, 2017 07:21:21 pm
      How many times can you try the same thing and fail before switching it up?

Milner experiment is OVER. It's an eye-sore how f**king obvious that is.

Gini is rubbish.

Firmino needs to play central.

This shape plays in to the hands of every team that sits deep against us and thats 16/19 teams in this league.

Or the formation is changed and you play Firmino and Sturridge or Origi and Sturridge, anything other than Origi and Firmino and Coutinho because like you said, it ain't working.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #12697: May 07, 2017 08:35:32 pm
      If the club did not want to bring in reinforcements then we should have made a greater effort in integrating Ojo and Wilson into the first team.
      Pretty sure they would have offered some genuine width, something we are sorely missing without Mane.

So many errors made over the season, let's hope it doesn't back fire.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Reply #12698: May 07, 2017 08:39:46 pm
      That was turgid sh*t from us today , its ok for klopp to throw a fit st the officials who were also sh*t but a blind man in a blizzard can see that Origi is noy working leaving him on for 80 every game hoping hes goingto come good Iis becomibg fcin disastrous for us , Danny on one fvkin leg would still outscore him  much more cute around the box .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #12699: May 07, 2017 08:41:01 pm
      Saw in his presser that Klopp was saying our passing was poor due to a dry pitch.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #12700: May 07, 2017 08:41:39 pm
      Same old if Coutinho doesn't play well then Firminio is usually ineffective, Origi is sh*t and with the midfield we have no one who creates, and what compounds it no changes are made and it's been going on for weeks
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #12701: May 07, 2017 08:43:56 pm
      Saw in his presser that Klopp was saying our passing was poor due to a dry pitch.

Nonsense mate that's a pretty rubbish excuse.

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #12702: May 07, 2017 09:07:06 pm
      Was a poor performance from the players and Klopp today. He seemed to be so frustrated with the way the game was going that he perhaps took his focus from making the changes that were necessary. In fact, at one point it looked like he didn't know what to do, and seemed to be in long discussions on the bench.

Sturridge should have started, but Klopp made it clear before the game that he had no intention of starting him. Even now, I doubt we'll see a Sturridge start. That aside, he should have come on much sooner.

Lallana also. Has to start the next game now - and believe he will. At least Klopp has no personal beef with him.

Firmino had an awful game (some may suggest "again") and yet Klopp persisted with him. Origi was out of it too, but the service and link up was awful.

Starting to get tired of all the "talk" which sounds meaningless. Before the game, he was saying it was unfair to label Liverpool as "bottlers", and then we go and do just that... again...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #12703: May 07, 2017 09:18:22 pm
      Nonsense mate that's a pretty rubbish excuse.

I  don't really buy it, but  that's what I read unless it's been taken out of context.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #12704: May 07, 2017 09:37:07 pm
      Personally, looking at some of the comments on here Klopp should just pack his bags and F**k off back to Germany now, he's really on a hiding to nothing.

He's two games away from delivering what we've all wanted for 7 of the last 8 years with the weakest 'Squad' of the top 6, sitting in 3rd and its not good enough.

The team he selected was good enough to win, they had 3/4 chances to win, fine margins n all that, he showed faith in his starting XI who were on top in terms of possession/territorial advantage around %65 and camped in the saints half, made positive changes when it looked like the break through wasn't coming.

Short of running on the pitch and knocking in the rebound on Milners penalty ala Alonso in Istanbul, he really didn't do a lot wrong.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #12705: May 07, 2017 09:47:26 pm
      I didn't think we would make 4th place a couple of months ago, our form was so terrible from January onwards but credit to Jürgen, he seems to have put an emphasis on winning ugly and grinding out results and that is exactly what has happened for the most part barring the odd glitch. So FairPlay to him for that. Also it's never easy to reverse a tail spin like the one we were stuck in from January to early March. That s a sign of a good manager in my book. I also think that if we had a half-decent centre-forward, someone who could at least lace the boots of some of the greats we have been lucky to see in the 9 or 10 shirt over the years then we would be putting a good number of these bus parkers to sleep and I'm quietly confident that Jürgen will bring someone in over the summer.

However, I can't help but have some doubts about Jürgen from a tactical perspective. It's tough to see a team like Saints roll out the exact same gameplan for the 4th game in succession and for us to approach the game in the exact same way with virtually the same result. The only difference today is that they didn't catch us on the break (they should have put us away with that 2 on 1 in the 80th minute). We've all been saying the same thing for ages now, no width, front three are too narrow, Origi is hopeless (how bad was he again today? He was simply terrible), Milner and Clyne can't do it all from wide positions etc and yet Jürgen doesn't seem to see it.

I wish we'd change the shape. Milner is getting a bit of a rough ride of it, I actually think he has been doing pretty well at left back for most of the season but it can't be easy for him. The lads in front of him all play so narrow, it's very rare he is on a genuine overlap so he doesn't see many 2 on 1s and of course he is a right footer which compounds things. Same goes for Clyne on the other side of the pitch, he isn't e most dynamic player going forward but he is alright, problem is Jürgen asks so much of them and without Mane there is no help out wide. We don't do enough to spread teams out, they just sit compact on the edge of the box and watch us try to thread the needle or chuck in a few hopeful crosses (despite U.S. Not having anyone who can really attack a cross).

There's so much to like about the way we have performed against the big sides, Jürgen really has found a recipe to succeed on that front BUT there is major work to be done if we are to regularly turn over the smaller sides next season. I'm sure the answer is to bring in a couple of truly outstanding players but I strongly suspect that Jürgen will have to do without that luxury so he will IMHO need to develop some new strategies rather than playing he tried and tested way week to week.
      « Last Edit: May 07, 2017 09:54:58 pm by Scottbot »
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #12706: May 07, 2017 09:54:26 pm
      Personally, looking at some of the comments on here Klopp should just pack his bags and f**k off back to Germany now, he's really on a hiding to nothing.

He's two games away from delivering what we've all wanted for 7 of the last 8 years with the weakest 'Squad' of the top 6, sitting in 3rd and its not good enough.

Yeah some of the criticism is a bit OTT, he has done a good job this season and should we finish in the top four he will have put us in a great spot going into the summer. I think most are simply stressed because we've got top four in the grasp but look like we could fcuk it up.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #12707: May 07, 2017 09:56:28 pm
      Yeah some of the criticism is a bit OTT, he has done a good job this season and should we finish in the top four he will have put us in a great spot going into the summer. I think most are simply stressed because we've got top four in the grasp but look like we could fcuk it up.

Sometimes a bit of perspective is needed mate.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12708: May 07, 2017 10:03:33 pm

Personally Scott I think he's doing an amazing job but when he gets it wrong he has to take the criticism too. These problems were the same for the Watford game, for that game we escaped with a scrappy win. He could have learned all the lessons he needed from that but to me it looked like it was forgotten and we had to repeat the process.

The very best manager's adapt before the problem hurts, certainly adapt when the problem has been recognised and they got away with it. Jürgen can blame the dry pitch and every other thing he wants, he got the starting line-up wrong because it was the same performance as against Watford. Sure we could have had a pen and got away with it but the fact is that we should have been doing something about rectifying it even during the Watford game, not making up excuses a game and a half later.

Luckily Arsenal beat the Mancs and top 4 is still in our hands, I really hope Jürgen doesn't compound the problem and continue with the same XI because he'll be looking for another excuse should we turn out the same turgid display against West Ham.

So while Daz may be right there's certain people who may have gone over the top in here (haven't read them all so can't judge them all) from my point of view he's had unyielding support and will continue to get it but pointing out his mistakes is also part of the job he has and I've no doubt he'll take on the chin.

I've every confidence he'll correct this mistake and we'll win the next 2 on the bounce and as said in the previous post match it will be easily forgotten if we're in the CL next season.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #12709: May 07, 2017 10:23:07 pm
      Personally Scott I think he's doing an amazing job but when he gets it wrong he has to take the criticism too. These problems were the same for the Watford game, for that game we escaped with a scrappy win. He could have learned all the lessons he needed from that but to me it looked like it was forgotten and we had to repeat the process.

The very best manager's adapt before the problem hurts, certainly adapt when the problem has been recognised and they got away with it. Jürgen can blame the dry pitch and every other thing he wants, he got the starting line-up wrong because it was the same performance as against Watford. Sure we could have had a pen and got away with it but the fact is that we should have been doing something about rectifying it even during the Watford game, not making up excuses a game and a half later.

Luckily Arsenal beat the Mancs and top 4 is still in our hands, I really hope Jürgen doesn't compound the problem and continue with the same XI because he'll be looking for another excuse should we turn out the same turgid display against West Ham.

So while Daz may be right there's certain people who may have gone over the top in here (haven't read them all so can't judge them all) from my point of view he's had unyielding support and will continue to get it but pointing out his mistakes is also part of the job he has and I've no doubt he'll take on the chin.

I've every confidence he'll correct this mistake and we'll win the next 2 on the bounce and as said in the previous post match it will be easily forgotten if we're in the CL next season.

Pretty much echoes my thoughts mate, several of other wins have also had similar hallmarks over the past couple of months, the Burnley win at home stands out but there have been a few others. West Ham have been a bit of bogey side for Jürgen (I think they beat us three times last season). I'm desperately hoping to see Lallana and Studge start this one.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #12710: May 07, 2017 10:54:06 pm
      Personally, looking at some of the comments on here Klopp should just pack his bags and f**k off back to Germany now, he's really on a hiding to nothing.

The team he selected was good enough to win, they had 3/4 chances to win, fine margins n all that, he showed faith in his starting XI who were on top in terms of possession/territorial advantage around %65 and camped in the saints half, made positive changes when it looked like the break through wasn't coming.

Short of running on the pitch and knocking in the rebound on Milners penalty ala Alonso in Istanbul, he really didn't do a lot wrong.

Not sure which comments you are referrring to but I don't see anyone asking for him to go? I do see valid criticisms being brought to bear regarding his tactics and HIS squad (he's had plenty of time now to make it his). I'd wager there isn't one person that wants a different manager, I sure wouldn't. But that doesn't mean I think that barely making top 4 is adequate for this club. My hope is that Klopp has learned his lesson about this league as it's not the same task as winning in Bundesliga. Hopefully this summer will see him address the shortcomings in HIS squad.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,767 posts | 6723 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #12711: May 07, 2017 11:03:00 pm
      Waited too long to bring on Lallana and Sturridge. Lallana should have come on at HT and Studge not long after that.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12712: May 07, 2017 11:05:59 pm
      Waited too long to bring on Lallana and Sturridge. Lallana should have come on at HT and Studge not long after that.

Agree bud.

Was super frustrating
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #12713: May 07, 2017 11:34:43 pm

The criticism of Klopp stems in a large from him taking any average team and performing way above average with them, supporters are frustrated because they know that for want of a player or two that we could be up there fighting things out season after season...He is clearly a great manager but also a victim of his own success, who If back by FSG could see us winning the Title with in a season or two
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12714: May 07, 2017 11:43:24 pm
      The criticism of Klopp stems in a large from him taking any average team and performing way above average with them, supporters are frustrated because they know that for want of a player or two that we could be up there fighting things out season after season...He is clearly a great manager but also a victim of his own success, who If back by FSG could see us winning the Title with in a season or two

Agree with every word of that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12715: May 07, 2017 11:45:24 pm

Some of the passes were a tad short but that's not an excuse for what happened or didn't happen during the game.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #12716: May 07, 2017 11:56:48 pm
      I think after the missed pen Jürgen was looking more to keeping the one point and is shooting for 74 as a season total which will put us in.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #12717: May 08, 2017 12:27:09 am
      I think after the missed pen Jürgen was looking more to keeping the one point and is shooting for 74 as a season total which will put us in.

Problem is 4th puts us in a playoff and depending on our coefficient, we could have to play a tough team to get in (Sevilla or Dortmund for example). That's how I understand it. So yea, we make CL and could never even make group play, again I could be mistaken, but I believe that's how it could shake out. We really needed to shoot for and finish in 3rd.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #12718: May 08, 2017 12:30:25 am

Nah he went for the win, his substations were positive and attacking, you'd maybe have a point if he shored up the defence/midfield but he brought on two attack minded midfielders and a striker..

Quick Reply